Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (36742 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Date For Ndu 2nd Choice And 1st Choice Supplementary Post Ume Screening Exercise Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by abbeywasc(m): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
someone sent me ds. i found it apt
If football were 2be academic institutions in Nigeria. ARSENAL=UNILORIN: where the students work hard thru out the year bt fail to succeed. MAN-CITY:OOSU: where the students purchase all expensive items nd live large bt are never interested in their primary assignment. LIVERPOOL= OAU-IFE: where the students are very much proud of the academic achievements of their grandfathers. MAN-U = UNIBEN: where students dont perform well in class except their final exams nd achieve good results. CHELSEA = UNILAG: where students fail nd put the blame on their VC, after which the govt will intervene 2 find a new VC 4 d skul every year. REAL-MADRID = AAU where students think they perform best and keep beefing the best students of other skuls. Finally, BARCA = FEDPOL EDE: where students work hard,perform well in class and achieve best result in the whole country.

dont mind d conclusion, d person went to fed poly ede
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
collynzo2: Are your university officials that dense? What does this have to do with academic excellence or intellectual supremacy as they claim?
How many times were you denied admission into OAU, or were you rusticated in your first after effort at bribing our lecturers failed?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by drdams: 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
Am sure u dont know wat advancement office does..

Mr. Man, its mostly for Alumni, dey kip u posted..

Am nt a grad of OAU bt 1 of d premier universities..
collynzo2: Are your university officials that dense? What does this have to do with academic excellence or intellectual supremacy as they claim?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Bode3: 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
Many nigerian pple are mere supplanter. OAU deserves it. U might have fail to get admitted that does'nt mean no gud tin shuld happen to 9ja.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by phyzdot: 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:
Bro you dey vex oooo
It seems you no OAU very well
What criteria are you looking for?

Does OAU have computer library for students?

Does OAU have free wifi for student or any available internet for visitors ?

Doess OAU offer master degreee?

Does OAU gives scholarship or grant to students that score above 3.5 or probably 4.0.

Does OAU have any sport activity?

Tell me what OAU students or professors have produced or discover for the last 10 years...

Answer the question above......

Coming wih more question....
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by drdams: 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
So so so Sophomoric!!!
abbeywasc: someone sent me ds. i found it apt
If football were 2be academic institutions in Nigeria. ARSENAL=UNILORIN: where the students work hard thru out the year bt fail to succeed. MAN-CITY:OOSU: where the students purchase all expensive items nd live large bt are never interested in their primary assignment. LIVERPOOL= OAU-IFE: where the students are very much proud of the academic achievements of their grandfathers. MAN-U = UNIBEN: where students dont perform well in class except their final exams nd achieve good results. CHELSEA = UNILAG: where students fail nd put the blame on their VC, after which the govt will intervene 2 find a new VC 4 d skul every year. REAL-MADRID = AAU where students think they perform best and keep beefing the best students of other skuls. Finally, BARCA = FEDPOL EDE: where students work hard,perform well in class and achieve best result in the whole country.

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by awosley4real: 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
fed uni of tech owerri is the best. Go huge trans4ma if u no agree.lol great futoites
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
BrutusOj: And they keep producing graduates who doesn't knw d difrence btween HIS and IS, HAS and AS..congrats anyway
Same way u have a problem with 'doesn't' and 'don't'.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by awosley4real: 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
dr dams: So so so Sophomoric!!!
hahahahahaha nah wahala 4 dis polytechnic graduate Ooooooooooooo . Abeg shut up jor
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
coogar: there are only 2 universities in nigeria, OAU and the others as one. a first class student in UNILORIN, UNILAG, OOU would be lucky to come out with a second class lower in OAU.

the school's architectural design is the best i have seen in nigeria. nigeria's military government should be ashamed of themselves for not maintaining the facility in that school. OAU is the only university in nigeria that has RECTAS - the equivalent of NASA.
Architecture? I always laugh when people say this. Have u ever been to ABU?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Maycher(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
While yall are here blowing ur trumpets, we're busy restoring the dignity of man.
UNN==> To restore the dignity of man
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Skmoda360(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
Acecube: unilorin has all the above plus fast {and non-striking} academic calendar
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by drdams: 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
My Alma mata remains ur dream sku.

D University of First Choice and Nation's Pride.
awosley4real: hahahahahaha nah wahala 4 dis polytechnic graduate Ooooooooooooo . Abeg shut up jor
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
kzokul:
What is he saying ooooo.......any interpreter in d ous plsssssss.....chaiiiiii
yes they will need to interpret it for because you lack wisdom
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
kzokul:
What is he saying ooooo.......any interpreter in d ous plsssssss.....chaiiiiii
yes they will need to interpret it for you because you lack wisdom
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Skmoda360(m): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:

Lmmaooooo.... many are mad but few roam the street. grin
Lol
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Acecube(m): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
abbeywasc: someone sent me ds. i found it apt

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Relixy2k: 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:

What criteria are you looking for?

Does OAU have computer library for students?

Does OAU have free wifi for student or any available internet for visitors ?

Doess OAU offer master degreee?

Does OAU gives scholarship or grant to students that score above 3.5 or probably 4.0.

Does OAU have any sport activity?

Tell me what OAU students or professors have produced or discover for the last 10 years...

Answer the question above......

Coming wih more question....
Computer library, answer is YES. WIFi, answer is YES, Master degree, answer is YES, Free scholarship to high performers: YES, Sport Activity: YES, OAU achievement in the last ten years, answer is it has and one of it is REN, A REN is a Research and Education
Network that provides data
communications networks and
services to the research and
education communities.
A National REN or simply NREN is
responsible, on a national basis, for
the provision of data communications
networks and services to the research
and education community of its
country. It will connect to other
networks at regional levels. It is usually distinguished by support for a high-speed backbone network, often offering dedicated channels for individual research projects. A State REN such as the OSUN-REN is a subset of the National REN, while a City REN such as IFE-REN is a subset of the OSUN-REN. Graduates of OAU abounds everyone as living testimonies. Time and space will not permit for individual names. OBA AWON UNIVERSITY.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by chingydaboss(m): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Read wat I wrote b4 opening dat ur bucar cavity u cal a mouth.. did not dispute wat u said earlier bt I was sayin dat publishing acticles nd other items in a website of a university is also part of an excellent academic structure... giv d skol sum credit.. dey deserve it.. ur forgiven dough nd do forgive me also
mr_king: You're a big ignorant fool!!! I would suggest you Google webometric ranking of universities!!! First! Before coming here to challenge me!!! Fool!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Bablows06(m): 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa, Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun (Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by geekybabe(f): 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
abbeywasc:
if dt were the case then unilorin shud be 1st. dnt tnk any oda univ produces less first class
2012: 37 (highest ever)
2011: 23 (2nd highest)
2010: 17 (3rd highest)
Lwtmb. Your unilorin is producing 23 first class in d whole schl wen just a dept in OAU; electrical engineering dept produced like 18 first class students in 2012.
All dis unilorin children can like to take a sit. Crap schl.
I rep OAU. and I'm proud of it. That schl gave me d best of opportunities and privileges in all areas. Spiritually, career wise, and psychologically. GREAT IFE!!

2 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by johnsonjosbles(m): 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't know what to it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you criticism the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife,get the fact right, and am very sure that most of you criticism the school don't even where the school is located talkless you knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privilege or you wrote post utme five times in the school without being admitted does not mean you to criticise the school, i am not a student of the school.
what a pity, you can'† even construct good sentence,go back and read your post,correct yourself,repost and let's talk. Because you don't sound like a university student or you are a disgrace to oau itself. ODEEE!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't know what to it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you criticism the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife,get the fact right, and am very sure that most of you criticism the school don't even where the school is located talkless you knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privilege or you wrote post utme five times in the school without being admitted does not mean you to criticise the school, i am not a student of the school.
Are you educated at all?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by maclatunji: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
jmoore: Don't be deceived by webometrics, it has nothing to do with academic excellence.

"webometrics is a directory of world universities ranked according to their presence on the Web"

So, what shall we do about the school's V.C. who seems to be ignorant of this?

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by coogar: 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
Chartey:
Architecture? I always laugh when people say this. Have u ever been to ABU?

OAU shytes on ABU.... OAU is nigeria's most beautiful campus. the only school in nigeria with underground electrical cables. you won't find NEPA poles on the main campus of OAU. beat that!!

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
what a pity, you can'† even construct good sentence,go back and read your post,correct yourself,repost and let's talk. Because you don't sound like a university student or you are a disgrace to oau itself. ODEEE!
mr professor of english, look at your manner of approach, anybody that see this will know that you are a half-baked secondary school graduate, because if you really attend secondary school you will know what is called "error of omission" .....idiot, jobless fool.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
Who compares ABU to OAU?
seriously? grin grin

I thought I was in Sun City when I went there grin grin
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by abbeywasc(m): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
geeky_babe:
Lwtmb. Your unilorin is producing 23 first class in d whole schl wen just a dept in OAU; electrical engineering dept produced like 18 first class students in 2012.
I rep OAU. and I'm proud of it. That schl gave me d best of opportunities and privileges in all areas. Spiritually, career wise, and psychologically. GREAT IFE!!
if u read d post i quoted u will c d meaning of dt statistics. by d way, unilorin's first class is hard-earned and isnt dashed out 18 per dept like they do in those crap skuls. y'knw wat i mean
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Tolexander: 5:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
geeky_babe:
so you are also great ife?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by NOIBMUUL(m): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by dejt4u(m): 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
obalogy22: There are only 2 schools in d world,oau and others.i rep oba awon university,make u go hug transformer if u no dey satisfied.
...kpomo dem no chop, meet dem no chop, dem say dem wan beef us. Greatest Ife. Anoda great ife is a counterfeit.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by phyktor(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lol...lmao.....lmfao.....cnt jst stop laffing, as long as all this universities are in nigeria...they are all the same...lets stop being gullible of some facts!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Classroom In Abule Egba, Lagos Looks Like A Dustbin (Photo) / Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day / Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.