Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5963745 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
The Landlords of Sambisa Forest

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ChukwuCantDie: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
That stup1d whiteboy patches/patrick just wants an excuse to post photos of oyibos in the African photo thread.. someone should find out where he lives knock his fukk1ng teeth out his head maybe then he will learn sense.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Impressive display from chad.

Some interesting things:

- all those marching styles: i picked out chinese, french marine (dat unmistakable swag) and that ridiculous march arabs do. It provides some interesting clues as to who trained certain units or who certain units are based on
- that fvcking obligatory Chinese WZ 523 IFV and PTL-02 Tank Destroyer combination that everyone in west africa seems to operate
- interestingly they seem to have 2S1 SPG's
- cant figure out what turret upgrade the BMP2's have had (ideas)?
- technical, technicals everywhere
- all those MRAP's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZXoaquKfYM
Very undercover chad

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 4:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
jln115:
Pic 1: Nigerian t-72(Note, ERA bricks doing their job)
Pic 2: South African Olifant mk2
Pic 3: Ethiopian t-72
Pic 4: Kenyan Vickers MBT
but dis Kenyan mbt looks different from ours is it mk1 or mk3
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 4:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
ChukwuCantDie:
That stup1d whiteboy patches/patrick just wants an excuse to post photos of oyibos in the African photo thread.. someone should find out where he lives knock his fukk1ng teeth out his head maybe then he will learn sense.

Don't be ignorant, those "Oyibos" are South African and by all accounts that makes them African.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
A walk down memory lane, combatants and operators from the "bush wars" of Southern Africa

1. Rhodesian Army Soldiers (allmost 40% of the combatants in the Smith Government army were black)
2. Ibid
3. A personal favorite of mine - after the Portuguese pulled out of Angola, certain renegade units of the Portuguese Army stayed behind and continued fighting, some with UNITA, some with MPLA and some completely unaligned fighting for personal gain or protection of small isolated communities
4. MPLA forces, location and time unknown

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
1. SWAPO elite "volcano" unit - tasked with infiltration of Northern Namibia (none ever made it through the operational area)
2. SADF troops during the state of emergency in the early 1990's (apologies for the graphic image)
3. SADF troops
4. Rhodesian Selous Scouts during the hight of the of civil war (They are regarded as the finest operators the world has ever seen)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
1. Portugese troops during a retaliatory raid into Zaire (things got messy during the Angolan war of independance)
2. Portugese trooper
3. Ibid
4. "The Pig" an early Rhodesian MRAP and arguably the first MRAP ever seen

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
SergeAlain:
Mike the truth is when a real fight is on the focus is on fighting, not dressing up.

If you doubt it go look up pix of US troops in the middle of the battle for Hue, or Russian troops in the middle of the battles in Afganistan or in fact pix of South African troops on deep penetration missions against SWAPO.

Its about getting the job done not dressing up. When the job is done then you can dress up and go on parades.

Just my point of view!!!!

On deep penetration missions?

Lads would carry more 80kg matching more 200km+ to their targets at times. Besides this are carried out by special forces teams.

When heading to direct combat they must their webbing, helmets and plates if needed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
Patchesagain:
1. SWAPO elite "volcano" unit - tasked with infiltration of Northern Namibia (none ever made it through the operational area)
2. SADF troops during the state of emergency in the early 1990's (apologies for the graphic image)
3. SADF troops
4. Rhodesian Selous Scouts during the hight of the of civil war (They are regarded as the finest operators the world has ever seen)

wow cool....never knew sa fought in angola
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
MikeCZAR:
On deep penetration missions?

Lads would carry more 80kg matching more 200km+ to their targets at times. Besides this are carried out by special forces teams.

When heading to direct combat they must their webbing, helmets and plates if needed.

mikeczar...not the nigerian weather...it cant favour our soldiers...the heat is mad over there..how i wish u could just go up north..ull run bro
staying in western nigeria is a die hard mission...talk less of NE...the weather is bad...u need to see the way it is...everything abt that side wont favour soldiers that are from western nigeria or southern nigeria....am sure you know that we all in nigeria dont have the same climate conditions sometimes it differs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
asuoka:

mikeczar...not the nigerian weather...it cant favour our soldiers...the heat is mad over there..how i wish u could just go up north..ull run bro
staying in western nigeria is a die hard mission...talk less of NE...the weather is bad...u need to see the way it is...everything abt that side wont favour soldiers that are from western nigeria or southern nigeria....am sure you know that we all in nigeria dont have the same climate conditions sometimes it differs
Training.

Namibia was hot.
Angola was humid.

Soldiers must have their equipment on them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
stillchris:

abeg whats that MRAP in the last pic? anyone?
That is a SAMHS's field ambulance the Mfezi.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Training.

Namibia was hot.
Angola was humid.

Soldiers must have their equipment on them.

to be fair...even on a normal day...they r always kitted...but this war bro..fatigue and co...

there was a mission in damboa in borno...they fought BH for 10hours before they overpowered them...its not easy..

soldiers are not robot they are human...no matter the level of training they've got..they will get tired in a real battle..

you remember they are fighting real not the usual train...everything is thrown at them...sometimes even bulletproof vest can fail if it meet it match....or the helmet as you stated
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
Patchesagain:

How about the war in Angola and Rhodesia/Zimbabwe?

They still kept their equipment on them.

Again, expecting a soldier to march 4km with his equipment on is nothing special
The legendary camouflaged Casspirs, these and their camouflaged Ratels cousins were rarely seen.

Even regular SA army soldiers only saw them when being deployed for combat in Angola.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
asuoka:

to be fair...even on a normal day...they r always kitted...but this war bro..fatigue and co...

there was a mission in damboa in borno...they fought BH for 10hours before they overpowered them...its not easy..

soldiers are not robot they are human...no matter the level of training they've got..they will get tired in a real battle..

you remember they are fighting real not the usual train...everything is thrown at them...sometimes even bulletproof vest can fail if it meet it match....or the helmet as you stated
Soldiers remove those plates.

But should keep their equipment on them, units are rotated.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Soldiers remove those plates.

But should keep their equipment on them, units are rotated.

they do keep it but most time...if u see the videos...ull notice they just take off only the upper vest but are still heavily kitted
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ChukwuCantDie: 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ChukwuCantDie: 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
Daverytimes:

Don't be ignorant, those "Oyibos" are South African and by all accounts that makes them African.
Ewu remove yourself from this thread with your bullsh1t, we don have time for b1tch ass niggas like you..you must go back to your village to prepare ogbono soup, then you must pray to chukwu and beg forgiveness and stop with this mugu behavior .......onye nzuzu.. your parents have failed in raising you. You should die and try again in the afterlife.

@patrick one day i hope i will see you face to face so i can finally kill you... you will learn one day
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
[img]http://rs762.pbsrc.com/albums/xx267/Jerrycan_photo/IMG_0034%20BBB_zpskgw169gl.jpg~320x480[/img]

My unit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2015
Patchesagain:
Impressive display from chad.

Some interesting things:

- all those marching styles: i picked out chinese, french marine (dat unmistakable swag) and that ridiculous march arabs do. It provides some interesting clues as to who trained certain units or who certain units are based on
- that fvcking obligatory Chinese WZ 523 IFV and PTL-02 Tank Destroyer combination that everyone in west africa seems to operate
- interestingly they seem to have 2S1 SPG's
- cant figure out what turret upgrade the BMP2's have had (ideas)?
- technical, technicals everywhere
- all those MRAP's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZXoaquKfYM
Very undercover chad

For God sake patches please post something sensible

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
SA Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
Nigerian Navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
Nigeria COIN

ISTAR

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
I see a saaf forum lurker. You see we actually do talk a lot about our faults and are our own bigests critic's.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
andrewza:
I see a saaf forum lurker. You see we actually do talk a lot about our faults and are our own bigests critic's.

Everybody knows the SANDF has a lot of faults. Nigeria is no different either, and we talk about them in the appropriate platform/forum where we know does in position of authority would see them.

Here on Nairaland, and in this particular thread, it's all about the positives we care about.

I noticed you guys are boring(no offence) and can't keep a conversation going for long.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
Henry120:

Everybody knows the SANDF has a lot of faults. Nigeria is no different either, and we talk about them in the appropriate platform/forum where we know does in position of authority would see them.

Here on Nairaland, and in this particular thread, it's all about the positives we care about.

I noticed you guys are boring(no offence) can't keep a conversation going for long.

I know. Just want people here to understand that just because south Africans that post only good things about the sandf here would get shot down on a forum dedicated to the sandf.

That's why I prefer posting here now. The others thread is boring.

Heee. We don't see the point in talking once the facts are down. There was the best military in Africa thread on that forum to. Lasted like 3 pages. Last padge being off topic and the answer being it is a stuip question.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
giles14:
but dis Kenyan mbt looks different from ours is it mk1 or mk3
its the mk 3 but to be honest the Nigerian Vickers look pretty much the same to me.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
andrewza:

I know. Just want people here to understand that just because south Africans that post only good things about the sandf here would get shot down on a forum dedicated to the sandf.

That's why I prefer posting here now. The others thread is boring.

Heee. We don't see the point in talking once the facts are down. There was the best military in Africa thread on that forum to. Lasted like 3 pages. Last padge being off topic and the answer being it is a stuip question.

We have our problems in Nigeria, we see it everywhere. However always showing my problems on every print/media/online media would not necessarily make them better.

I believe if i can also show what is good, it would give me the self-confidence to improve on the areas i have problems with.

I like the other thread, it always me stay sane grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
Pic 1: South African Rooivalk
Pic 2: Nigerian Mi 24/35
Pic 3: Ethiopian Mi 24/35
Pic 4: Angolan Mi 24/35

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by asorockweb: 5:00am On Mar 19, 2015
jln115:
Pic 1: Nigerian t-72(Note, ERA bricks doing their job)
Pic 2: South African Olifant mk2
Pic 3: Ethiopian t-72
Pic 4: Kenyan Vickers MBT

Pic 3: Those are actually T-64s (I know it say's T-72 in Wiki)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.