Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5964736 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
gottfried21:

I'm guessing Chute systems?

Is it a local company?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
ChukwuCantDie:
Nice pics Gottfreid21 but who is that fat Indian girl on the boat in the scuba diving gear? cheesy
Hahaha tongue she's mixed race,could "introduce" you to her if you want grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
Henry120:

Is it a local company?
Nope,South Africa

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ChukwuCantDie: 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
gottfried21:

Hahaha tongue she's mixed race,could "introduce" you to her if you want grin
No thx i dont have sex with whales only human females with flat stomach and big cheeks grin What unit does she belong to or do they just use her as a boat anchor? cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
ChukwuCantDie:
No thx i dont have sex with whales only human females with flat stomach and big cheeks grin What unit does she belong to or do they just use her as a boat anchor? cheesy
Poor lady cry She's part of the operational diving team BTW
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Screen grab

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ChukwuCantDie: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
gottfried21:

Poor lady cry She's part of the operational diving team BTW
lol operational lol ok sorry but i can no longer take Namibian forces seriously if she is one of your spec ops peeps. Keep posting photos tho they are good.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
jln115:

I can understand the confustion mate,the t72 were basically an upgraded t64, t72a and t64s are almost identical except for a few details,but the tanks in pic 3 are t72s from the egyptian army as i couldnt find a pic of the ethiopian t72

Other way around

T-72 is a T64 that has been simplified for mass production and lower operational costs

The red army considered the T64 to be better than the T72

It was their doctrine: T64 for elite or premier units (as it was costly to make and operate), and T72 to make up mass (because it was cheap).

Long story short, T64 is for shock formations, T72 for maneuver formations.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 1:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
gottfried21:
1.Namibian Special forces
2.Namibian Marine corps
3.Armed patrol boat
4.Recovery Vehicle
Can anyone ID that sniper rifle?will be appreciated
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
gottfried21:

Can anyone ID that sniper rifle?will be appreciated

It's an Anti-material sniper rifle.

My guesses are SIG-50 or Accuracy international AW-50.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
Henry120:

It's an Anti-material sniper rifle.

My guesses are SIG-50 or Accuracy international AW-50.
Yep it's a 50 cal. sniper rifle, suggested sometime we get it to pop some boko heads but u guys said it was overkill.

Referring to the pics below, I'm so glad I was wrong about the acquisition of this hardware. Rugged7, Notice the Nigerian flag?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
Patchesagain:

Other way around

T-72 is a T64 that has been simplified for mass production and lower operational costs

The red army considered the T64 to be better than the T72

It was their doctrine: T64 for elite or premier units (as it was costly to make and operate), and T72 to make up mass (because it was cheap).

Long story short, T64 is for shock formations, T72 for maneuver formations.
well it depends on how you look at it, The T 72 retains most of the performance of the T 64 ,yet its easier and cheaper to manufacture and T-64 of all types are more vulnerable than T-72 as the propellant cases are stored upright in the autoloader and so present a bigger target area than if they were stored horizontaly as is the case with T-72 autoloader and hence the chance of blowing off the turret is significantly higher in the T-64.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SergeAlain: 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
Overkill ke! People are now even fielding 20mm anti material rifles!!
Also known as ' one is one'.

NighttWalker:
Yep it's a 50 cal. sniper rifle, suggested sometime we get it to pop some boko heads but u guys said it was over kill.

Referring to the pics below, I'm so glad I was wrong about the acquisition of this hardware. Rugged7, Notice the Nigerian flag?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
SergeAlain:

Lol @bolded, I want them (insurgents) to look like they got run over by a train when they get hit by our snipers, I still think we should get the Barett M107.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
gottfried21:
1.Namibian Special forces
2.Namibian Marine corps
3.Armed patrol boat
4.Recovery Vehicle
You can see the SASFB touch in these tough men.

Noticed how SADC sf units are being structured to almost a similar structure.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
gottfried21:
Artillery
Wow! The G2 howitzers are still in service, haven't seen these in a while.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
SergeAlain:

But really using them as sniper rifles is an overkill.

The 20mm ammunition is like a grenade.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
MikeCZAR:
You can see the SASFB touch in these tough men.

Noticed how SADC sf units are being structured to almost a similar structure.
Indeed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Wow! The G2 howitzers are still in service, haven't seen these in a while.
It gets the job done cool I don't know what job though.Mostly ceremonial stuff

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
gottfried21:

It gets the job done cool I don't know what job though.Mostly ceremonial stuff
grin grin grin

The SA army still keeps a stock of them in reserve.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
1.Wolf Turbo at a hotel,As part of the security for delegates attending festivities.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
More pics from earlier today

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
Flypast

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
Random pictures

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
Photo Credit : brent

SAAF medium lift Helicopter

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
More

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
The cameras used to take these SAAF pictures are fantastic.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
Random

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 9:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
More

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
Finally.... Any idea of the 'truck' in the 1st pic is used for?

3rd pic, is that a 'frogfot' or just the same old lame alpha jet?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
NighttWalker:
Finally.... Any idea of the 'truck' in the 1st pic is used for?

3rd pic, is that a 'frogfot' or just the same old lame alpha jet?
Looks like a bridge layer.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by asorockweb: 12:48am On Mar 21, 2015
War games. A Nigerian Air Force ISR expert looks at images from infra-red cameras while flying on the ATR-42 500 Surveillance plane

http://WarsOf21st.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.