Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5984334 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
jteku:
Nigerian Army needs to adopt 10million unit of this....very cheap

Olodo!!!

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
jteku:
Nigerian Army needs to adopt 10million unit of this....very cheap

U r a fucken damn funny Dude smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Henry120:

Olodo!!!
Henry120 thought i made a joke out of this.....whatz up with the insult
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
jteku:

That's not an insult, I didn't mean it to be one either.

Sorry, if you felt insulted.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 1:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
jteku:

No insult bros, Henry was replying your joke with a joke.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Henry120:
Nigeria COIN
Its. Like the picture was taken during an action/battle time ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
@Henry120. Have you seen on twitter that beegs says he has authoritative info that the SU30 has been ordered?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
rka1:
@Henry120. Have you seen on twitter that beegs says he has authoritative info that the SU30 has been ordered?
Yeap just read some of his tweets especially the one with capital letters. I know there will be a surprise on modern jets to be procured, and I would not be surprised if we are buying the jf 17 and su-30.
And am sure more surprises are to come even on helicopters/choppers .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
rka1:

Yeah I have, i've been trying to contact him backstage but he hasn't gotten back to him.

I trust beeg 100%, and he has done more for the Nigerian military image and our country at large than any individual I know. However, here is the thing, we've been here on many occasions previously....... and you know how that has always ended. So, my hopes aren't even medium.

Although Zachary999 who's another authoritative source did hint on a possible order for a 4GEN fighter after May 29.

Let's watch, wait and see how things progress.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
bidexiii:

Its. Like the picture was taken during an action/battle time ?

It seems so.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
F90 NNS Thunder @ Simonstown
Pics:@Doug Drysdale

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
F91 NNS Centenary @Simonstown
Pics by:@Doug Drysdale

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
South African navy:
Pics:@Brent Best

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Pics:@Doug Drysdale and @Brent Best

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
SAS Drakensberg
Pics:@Doug Drysdale

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
bidexiii:

Yeap just read some of his tweets especially the one with capital letters. I know there will be a surprise on modern jets to be procured, and I would not be surprised if we are buying the jf 17 and su-30.
And am sure more surprises are to come even on helicopters/choppers .

As for Helicopters, if you mean additional Gazelles, that would be great. I don't think we would be getting additional Hinds. According to Rueters, we have 30 MI-35's in service, with 12 more coming in from belarus, it's a sizeable number. MI-17's not included.

If we do get a mix of JF-17 and Su-30's in good numbers, even great. However, seeing is believing.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
@Henry120 & @bidexii, fingers crossed this time on the Sukhois.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
SAN MRS and recruit training:
Pics:@Doug Drysdale and @Brent Best

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Pics:@Dean Wingrin and @Brent Best

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jln115 thanks for posting bruv!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
rka1:
rka1:
hop it is delivered b4 d next President's is given full power. cos his romance wit d west is suspicious.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
giles14:
hop it is delivered b4 d next President's is given full power. cos his romance wit d west is suspicious.
Haahahahahah u r funny, to me I don't think, we are going to see a lot of improvement and new acquisition .GEJ as done excellently well on reforming the armed force and trust me his going to build on that ,cos gej as laid the foundation !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
jln115:

"Anyway its possible these were the troops holding the perimeter, while the special forces make the assault."

Definitely possible! but even if they are just securing the perimeter, why the hell would you use a MBT in a build up area?
So basically there thinking is, if the terrorist attack them, then they are just going to blast them with a tank.I mean who cares about a few civilians casualties any why, its not if they are important or anything!
The tank was called in to provide cover, apparently there was a sniper on the roof of the dormitory the terrorists were hold up.

At 1:28 on the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX_HCLocWbw

How ever it is so depressing to here the revelations that once the military cornered the terrorist to the hostel(in which majority of students were killed) of which they boasted of holding many more christian hostages, the military was told to stand down and wait for a special hostage rescue team of the Recce squad (SWAT equivalent). But the Recce had been waiting for transport since 6am to go to Garissa, When they were eventually given the Go ahead, they got stuck in traffic before they could get to the airport since they were to board a fixed-wing police plane, but bcoz they were carrying heavy gear, some of them had to travel +300KM by road, when they got there,They were given a 1 hour brief before they could go in.... once they did, it took 12Mins!!! to kill the terrorist..... How fuc#ked up is that. all those lives lost because of some bureaucracy at the interior ministry. I had thought they would have learnt there lessons about response time from the westgate siege..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6c4Rp5UKDU

It has taken another tragedy for them to learn a lesson as they have now been given two choppers on standby https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000157405/recce-squad-gets-two-choppers Hopfuly as they await their own dedicated, specialy customized choppers for rapid deployment by rope

pic: Recces squad on the entrance stand guard, when Africa's intelligence chiefs were holding up a meeting to discuss ways to deal with radicalization and terrorism in Africa, in Nairobi last year(2014)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
SergeAlain:
These Kenyan soldiers look like line infantry as opposed to special forces or anti-terror police. Also there is an MBT. Seems like using a sledge hammer on a fly perched on your 'family jewels'. This called for a surgical operation preferably by night using NVGs, stun grenades etc. to confuse the terrorists to save as many lives as possible.

Anyway its possible these were the troops holding the perimeter, while the special forces make the assault.

The tanks were used as cover from a terrorist sniper on the roof of the hostel were they were conered into

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Denisfidha, I was about to ask about that. The recce team performed very well once they engaged the enemy, but why the hold up.

It's an embarrassment, don't they (Recce team) have a dedicated Transport Helicopter?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Henry120:

As for Helicopters, if you mean additional Gazelles, that would be great. I don't think we would be getting additional Hinds. According to Rueters, we have 30 MI-35's in service, with 12 more coming in from belarus, it's a sizeable number. MI-17's not included.

If we do get a mix of JF-17 and Su-30's in good numbers, even great. However, seeing is believing.
Okay let keep our fingers crossed; here is a defferent type of bird but quite bigger and similar to the gazelle,used by the strike force ?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Henry120:
Jln115 thanks for posting bruv!!!
my pleasure mate!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Henry120:

But don't you think it would be futile to get both aircraft?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
Henry120:
Denisfidha, I was about to ask about that. The recce team performed very well once they engaged the enemy, but why the hold up.

It's an embarrassment, don't they (Recce team) have a dedicated Transport Helicopter?
Chain of command.

They have an effective recce capability but it seems there's a command problem of ordering the men to deploy.

Unlikely that they have a dedicated transport helicopters, a bit expensive to maintain compared to training regular air force pilots for sf operations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: jarell and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.