Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962220 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 31, 2015
andrewza:

it is not our gripens that are more modern, just that they have more or different stuff. All gripens could use the HMD but we just used them first and though the A-darter is great the Swedish air force has a wider ranger of air to surface weapons. SAAF had many requirements for the gripen that are for us only, but ZA link is the same has Link 16 used by sweeden and others and we use the same EW these days and our radios are unquque for us, thats all really. In short there is no difference betwwen the aicraft only in our use of a HMD, but then again we had a HMD in the late 80s
Don't forget the HMI mate!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2015
jln115:

When the opinion comes from SAAB themselves about their own product, then it equals fact.

Marketing strategy from a former test pilot, not an engineer. Provide the hard facts.

No facts = No bueno!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2015
Henry240:

Marketing strategy from a test pilot, not an engineer. Provide the hard facts.

No facts = No bueno!
His also SAAB SA President, and honestly you won't get a more credible source than that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2015
Henry240:

Not in this case, especially when the man projects sales of over 300 aircrafts after the South-African order. Projections which have proven to be unreliable.

I accrual agree with Nigeria in this case, our Gripens are different not better But facts are still opions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2015
jln115:

His also SAAB SA President, and honestly you won't get a more credible source than that.

Well, since you can't provide any facts. I have no reason to continue.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2015
andrewza:

I accrual agree with Nigeria in this case, our Gripens are different not better But facts are still opions

No, facts are not opinions.

Facts consists of raw data, specifications and performance indices with which proves beyond doubt that something is actually what it claims it is. A claim cannot be substantiated until facts are provided.... Until then, a claim is disposable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:43am On Dec 31, 2015
jln115:
Don't forget the HMI mate!!

Though is it unique to us
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 31, 2015
Henry240:

Well, since you can't provide any facts. I have no reason to continue.
My facts come from the supplier themselves, if you don't want to believe what's starring you straight the face I can't make you, but in terms of credibility of my source, you can't fault it, as you won't get a more credible source.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:44am On Dec 31, 2015
Henry240:

No, facts are not opinions.

Facts consists of raw data, specifications and performance indices with which proves beyond doubt that something is actually what it claims it is. A claim cannot be substantiated until facts are provided.... Until then, a claim is disposable.

it the opinion of a judge if some one guilty or not.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2015
andrewza:

Though is it unique to us
Yes, the HMI on the SAAF Gripen is locally developed and only found in our Gripen.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 31, 2015
andrewza:

it the opinion of a judge if some one guilty or not.
Off-point.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 31, 2015
jln115:

My facts come from the supplier themselves, if you don't want to believe what's starring you straight the face I can't make you, but in terms of credibility of my source, you can't fault it, as you won't get a more credible source.

A claim doesn't equal fact, neither does an opinion.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:54am On Dec 31, 2015
Henry240:

Off-point.

i know just being me
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2015
andrewza:

Thank God their is a sensible zulu on this thread.
No country would give you all it has technologically. Besides they improve on old stuff as new technologies roll out.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:56am On Dec 31, 2015
jln115:

Yes, the HMI on the SAAF Gripen is locally developed and only found in our Gripen.

yes but as i said it is a added sytem that can be used on any Gripen. We just have them same as the A-dartar
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 11:57am On Dec 31, 2015
jln115:

They know it's that easy to deceive South Africans. The recent report on your scam will be out by January.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:58am On Dec 31, 2015
iblawi:

Thank God their is a sensible zulu on this thread.
No country would give you all it has technologically. Besides they improve on old stuff as new technologies roll out.

hence we used home grown stuff. NATO would not give us Link 16 so we made Link ZA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
andrewza:

yes but as i said it is a added sytem that can be used on any Gripen. We just have them same as the A-dartar
If it can be added to any Gripen, I don't know? But the one thing I know, is that the HMI on the SAAF Gripen are unique to them, the A-Darter however can be used on any Gripen as its been integrated on to them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
jln115:

If it can be added to any Gripen, I don't know? But the one thing I know, is that the HMI on the SAAF Gripen are unique to them, the A-Darter however can be used on any Gripen as its been integrated on to them.

we did not alter the aircraft and SAAB is needed to finish of integration
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
Henry240:

A claim doesn't equal fact, neither does an opinion.
Ok cool, remeber that next time you make any claims
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
andrewza:

we did not alter the aircraft and SAAB is needed to finish of integration
Never said we altered it, also it wasn't I that said our Gripens are better..... All I did was quote SAAB SA President and former SAAB test pilot Magnus Lewis-Ollson.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
iblawi:

They know it's that easy to deceive South Africans. The recent report on your scam will be out by January.
Retaarded post!! In to the dustbin it goes!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
jln115:

Retaarded post!! In to the dustbin it goes!!

I heard that in the news today that by January 16th or so the report would be released.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
iblawi:

I heard that in the news today that by January 16th or so the report would be released.
What report?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
iblawi:

On the 26 Gripens and others

http://allafrica.com/stories/201512301336.html

https://www.enca.com/south-africa/zuma-receives-final-report-arms-deal

I have read most of the testimony delivered in the arms deal.

Nothing serious will come up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
jln115:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/aad-south-africa-receives-last-four-gripens-376804/

"The Gripen delivered to South Africa are " probably the most modern" versions of the aircraft , Lewis-Ollson says."

Oh and BTW Olsson is a former SAAB test pilot, if you doubted his credentials.
is he now the official spokeperson for SAAB? Or hes talking out of his own opinion?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
iblawi:

On the 26 Gripens and others

http://allafrica.com/stories/201512301336.html

https://www.enca.com/south-africa/zuma-receives-final-report-arms-deal
This has nothing to do with the capability of our Gripen.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Patchesagain:

I have read most of the testimony delivered in the arms deal.

Nothing serious will come up.

I'm not expecting much too cos Zuma is in power.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
lionel4power:
is he now the official spokeperson for SAAB? Or hes talking out of his own opinion?
SAAB SA President.... So yes his a official spokesperson.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
jln115:

This has nothing to do with the capability of our Gripen.
Ok sorry. Back to discussion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.