Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5963378 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2016
africaken:
this AutoKrAZ KrAZ 6322 6x6 military trucks are going to be delivered to an african country in the tropical region,now start guessing

Nigeria Army have already received delivery of AutoKrAZ 6322 6×6 a long time ago

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 10:47am On Jan 03, 2016
CTCOIN

according to the original poster of this photi, the first pic was taken during combat

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:47am On Jan 03, 2016
gottfried21:

Well we stayed in the"Cargo"Hold of the Elephant...There isn't much to see...Found out something interesting though...There are certain features of the ship that the Chinese don't let the Namibians handle The ship is ours undecided But certain areas of the ship is for "Chinese nationals only" apparently only they are capable of operating those...It's kinda odd if you ask me

Probably no one qulfied yet.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:50am On Jan 03, 2016
gottfried21:
I'm not sure whether this fits under security services...But here's the Ondonga King of Northern Namibia and his Royal Guard...

NB:The accessibility of Assault rifles to Civilians is worrying

Why is it worrying. Most muders gun related killing use pistols. Those criminals that use assault rifels will have them no matter if it is legal or not.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
[b]Since everybody is bringing out there TOP TEN aircrafts... It will be weird if I dont do the same.

this are my top ten fighters of the century.

WARNING!!!

THEY MIGHT NOT BE SEXY, BEAUTIFUL OF HIGHT TECH BUT FOR ME THEY REPRESENT THE OLD GLORY DAYS OF ACTUAL AERIAL WARFARE.
WHEN WAR WAS WAR.
WHEN MEN ACTUALLY FOUGHT WITH GUNS AND NOT SOFTWARES AND JAMMERS.
WHEN MEN SWEAT AND GROAN IN THE UNCOMFORTABLE COCKPIT HIGH UP IN ALTITUDE WITHOUT HIGH-TECH GEARS.
WHEN MEN AND AIRPLANES ACTUALLY MEANS AIRFORCE (MEN + AIRPLANE = AIRFORCE)
WHEN THE STENCH OF BLOOD, SWEAT AND ENGINE OIL MIXS.

SOME OF THIS PLANES ARE STILL ACTIVE TODAY BUT ARE LARGELY UNSUNG, SOME REPRESENT THE BACKBONES OF MOST AIRFORCES WORLDWIDE.
TODAY AIRPLANES LIKE THE F-22, F-35, SU-30, GRIPEN, RAFALE, F-16 MIGHT HAVE DOMINATED THE MEDIA... BUT THOSE PLANES CANNOT EXIST WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE AND SACRIFICE GAINED BY THOSE OLD WAR-HORSES.

THESE ARE THE VETERANS OF REAL WARFARE... THESE ARE THE REAL WARPLANES I KNOW.

THEY ARE THE UNDERDOGS OF JET PLANES[/b]

@ 1 F-86 SABRE
@ 2 IL 28 BEAGLE BOMBER
@ 3 F-22 FITTER
@ 3B F-22 FITTER

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
@ 4 F-5 TIGER
@ 5 RAF VULCAN BOMBER
@ 6 ENGLISH ELECTRIC CANBERRA MEDIUM BOMBER
@ 7 SEPECAT JAGUAR

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
@ 8 HARRIER JUMPJET
@ 9 MIRAGE F1
@ 9 MIRAGE F1
@ 10 MIG 21

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
AS A BONUS, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FIGHTER EVER BUILT BY MAN

THE HAWKER HUNTER

A FERRARI ON WINGS

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
All these aircraft posts and no single one has posted the greatest Strike Fighter ever??

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Patchesagain:
All these aircraft posts and no single one has posted the greatest Strike Fighter ever??

F-4!! Great fighter, first aircraft to use guided air to air missiles in combat!!

But my list was of the most beautiful fighters in service... the F4 might make my top 10 ugliest!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
lionel4power:
[b]Since everybody is bringing out there TOP TEN aircrafts... It will be weird if I dont do the same.

this are my top ten fighters of the century.

WARNING!!!

THEY MIGHT NOT BE SEXY, BEAUTIFUL OF HIGHT TECH BUT FOR ME THEY REPRESENT THE OLD GLORY DAYS OF ACTUAL AERIAL WARFARE.
WHEN WAR WAS WAR.
WHEN MEN ACTUALLY FOUGHT WITH GUNS AND NOT SOFTWARES AND JAMMERS.
WHEN MEN SWEAT AND GROAN IN THE UNCOMFORTABLE COCKPIT HIGH UP IN ALTITUDE WITHOUT HIGH-TECH GEARS.
WHEN MEN AND AIRPLANES ACTUALLY MEANS AIRFORCE (MEN + AIRPLANE = AIRFORCE)
WHEN THE STENCH OF BLOOD, SWEAT AND ENGINE OIL MIXS.

SOME OF THIS PLANES ARE STILL ACTIVE TODAY BUT ARE LARGELY UNSUNG, SOME REPRESENT THE BACKBONES OF MOST AIRFORCES WORLDWIDE.
TODAY AIRPLANES LIKE THE F-22, F-35, SU-30, GRIPEN, RAFALE, F-16 MIGHT HAVE DOMINATED THE MEDIA... BUT THOSE PLANES CANNOT EXIST WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE AND SACRIFICE GAINED BY THOSE OLD WAR-HORSES.

THESE ARE THE VETERANS OF REAL WARFARE... THESE ARE THE REAL WARPLANES I KNOW.

THEY ARE THE UNDERDOGS OF JET PLANES[/b]

@ 1 F-86 SABRE
@ 2 IL 28 BEAGLE BOMBER
@ 3 F-22 FITTER
@ 3B F-22 FITTER

Awesome list bro!! But personally wouldve included the F4 as patches mentioned.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
lionel4power:
AS A BONUS, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FIGHTER EVER BUILT BY MAN

THE HAWKER HUNTER

A FERRARI ON WINGS
I challenge thee!!

Mirage 4000!! Only 1 was ever built, to me this is the most beautiful fighter ever built.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
jln115:

F-4!! Great fighter, first aircraft to use guided air to air missiles in combat!!

But my list was of the most beautiful fighters in service... the F4 might make my top 10 ugliest!!

then you don't know ugly

saab j29 tunnan fighter. Tunnan translates has barrel.

insistingly they where the first Swedish craft to see combat

though saab would create the viggen

Seeing on how the viggen looks rather modern it shocking they entered serves in the early 70s

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
china made CH 4 UCAV drone strike in iraq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soSR7N65D0U
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
jln115:

Ugly?!?!

How dare You!!

Next thing you will be telling me the Draaken is not the sexyest thing ever!!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
Patchesagain:

Ugly?!?!

How dare You!!

Next thing you will be telling me the Draaken is not the sexyest thing ever!!
Hehehe I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder!! But hey I just don't like the overall look of the F4.

But hey!! I'm not going to dispute the Draaken!! Definitely in my top 10 most beautiful fighters of all time!! (P.S my previous top 10 was of fighters currently in service)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
andrewza:

then you don't know ugly

saab j29 tunnan fighter. Tunnan translates has barrel.

insistingly they where the first Swedish craft to see combat

though saab would create the viggen

Seeing on how the viggen looks rather modern it shocking they entered serves in the early 70s
Hahaha guess I over exaggerated a bit saying the F4 would make my top 10 ugly list, but its still unattractive!!

But if we're talking ugly, nothing and I mean nothing beats the xf85:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
Patchesagain:

i know about the prowess of the F-4 but my list is about underdogs planes... planes that succeeded against overwhelming odds... the F-4 was give so much support and was expected to win any fight. its not an underdog-plane to me... but compare the su-22 fitter a great warbird that most people dont know about. or the harrier in the falklands or mig-21 fishbed... the underdog leader
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hey Mike

I noticed that during Dec and Jan the Frigates and Opvs that are still in Port tend to sometime just sail out into false bay for a couple of hours and then sail back

I have been in here during other periods of the year and if a ship leaves port then it sails out to sea and dissapears

Wtf are they doing? Just testing out systems and making sure everything still works?

*there is currently a valour class dicking about in false bay*
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
Patchesagain:
Hey Mike

I noticed that during Dec and Jan the Frigates and Opvs that are still in Port tend to sometime just sail out into false bay for a couple of hours and then sail back

I have been in here during other periods of the year and if a ship leaves port then it sails out to sea and dissapears

Wtf are they doing? Just testing out systems and making sure everything still works?

@andrewza might also be able to answer your question!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2016
Patchesagain:
Hey Mike

Testing systems that are either new, had maintenance done or been replaced. Training. Working up for deployment witch intals traing and testing the frigate in the bay now is going to india so is busy preparing gor that.

Jan and Dec are festive seasons so they dont go to far away. Got to give people a break.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
andrewza:

Testing systems that are either new, had maintenance done or been replaced. Training. Working up for deployment witch intals traing and testing the frigate in the bay now is going to india so is busy preparing gor that.

Jan and Dec are festive seasons so they dont go to far away. Got to give people a break.

Well i noticed that one of the subs is missing.

The old Daphne Class is on the slips, two Heroine are in the water and the third is unaccounted for.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2016

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
[size=15pt]Name the tank win a prize![/size]

No cheating (you untrustworthy peasants wink )

Some are easy... but there are two that will prove challenging

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
Patchesagain:

Well i noticed that one of the subs is missing.

The old Daphne Class is on the slips, two Heroine are in the water and the third is unaccounted for.

In the shed next in line for a major maintenance time. You cant see her because it is leave time. All the workers are on leave.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
Patchesagain:
[size=15pt]Name the tank win a prize![/size]

No cheating (you untrustworthy peasants wink )

Some are easy... but there are two that will prove challenging

Dont know. Black eagle?

Arjun

Merkva

M48 patton.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
You Fvckers should stop derailing this thread with your irrelevant top 10's and off-topic postings. Every Top 10 has to be Africa centered...... Any other Top 10, you create a thread for that. I'll be forced to call in the mods to deal with blatant off-topic posting.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
andrewza:

Dont know. Black eagle?

Arjun

Merkva

M48 patton.

No to all of the above
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
Henry240:
You Fvckers should stop derailing this thread with your irrelevant top 10's and off-topic postings. Every Top 10 has to be Africa centered...... Any other Top 10, you create a thread for that. I'll be forced to call in the mods to deal with blatant off-topic posting.

calm down

its the christmass/new year period so there isnt much news coming out

So because it is slow we are messing about and keeping the thread alive.

But fine... if you insist

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
andrewza:

Dont know. Black eagle?

Arjun

Merkva

M48 patton.

Ill give you a clue:

1. T72 plus something eastern European

2. T72 + curry

3. The gun is fake... why would a tank have a fake gun? grin

4. Think watches and chocolate

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.