Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962918 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:14am On Jan 02, 2016
overhypedsteve:
this guys are very fit. I see future Nigerian army generals loosing the traditional pot belly.
well things are changeing little by little, the lower rank soldiers are always fit while the top-brass always manage to get pot-bellied
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 02, 2016
andrewza:

It simply says light advance fighter squdron(s) though long term it is a strike fighter.

Not really. We dont set the budget that tressury.
So when it comes to the Budget, you guys are as informed as the rest of us?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by HISIMPERIAL: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2016
Hi, kindly listen to authentic naija rap - KINGJAHZA + APOLLO BROWN (LION MC) https://soundcloud.com/hisimperialmajestyrecords/king-jahza-apollo-brown-lion-mc-resurrection-ep THANK YOU. #kingjahza

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mzilakazi(m): 10:23am On Jan 02, 2016
agaugust:

Many smart countries have evaluated and refused to buy the Gripen, they realize the jet is all cosmetic facial make up beauty on the outside but empty combat capability on the inside. Most countries realize the Gripen C is not worth the $ 60 million price tag. Apart from South Africa and Thailand, no other country outside Sweden the manufacturer, has bought the Gripen in 20 years of SAAB marketing and all the overrated specs.

Who will pay $ 60 million like a fool to buy a Gripen that has obsolete 20 year old pulse doppler radar, no IRST, airframe built to last 50 years are breaking into pieces in Hungarian air force Gripen fleet withing 8 years, Gripen has had 11 crashes/accidents within 3 countries.

Only 40 Gripen C jets have been export sold-outright in 20 years, about 30 countries have done serious evaluations and refused to buy it.

No wonder it took 10 years global marketing and multi-million dollar bribe to get the first Gripen export sale to South Africa.

Nigeria should NEVER buy such aircraft for $ 60 million per unit ! Tell me what is inside that Gripen C that makes it great and worth that much?

The Gripen is only respected by the majority of people because they are ignorant, the look at it's outward beauty and the fact that a great European white country that makes Volvo cars, built the Gripen. The Indians and 30 oth er countries that evaluated the Gripen refused to be fooled and refused to buy it

You are wrong. Just in one sentence. Gripen dominated sales against its rivals because is much cheaper to operate and maintain as compared to its rival. Has better fuel economy and produce the same results at less expenses.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 02, 2016
we have started this year with bang,saudi have just executed a prominent shia cleric opposed to the royal saudi family

Saudi Arabia has executed 47 people for terrorism, including the prominent Shi'ite Muslim cleric Nimr al-Nimr, the Interior Ministry said Saturday. His execution has stirred particular outrage among the kingdom's critics, saying the cleric's death aims to “set the region on fire.”
Most of those executed were said to be involved in a series of attacks carried out by Al Qaeda between 2003 and 2006.

Iran has warned that executing Nimr "would cost Saudi Arabia dearly," Reuters reported.

A prominent state-affiliated Iranian cleric, Ahmad Khatami, said the execution of Nimr al-Nimr was something to be expected from “criminal” Saudi Arabia, Iranian Fars agency reported. He added that Saudi ruling family would be “wiped from the pages of history” for executing the cleric, Mehr reported.

An MP from the ruling Shi'ite coalition in Iraq said Nimr's execution aimed to “set region on fire,” Sumaria TV reported.

The Lebanese Supreme Shi'ite Council has condemned al-Nimr's execution, calling it a serious “mistake.”

Nimr, along with six others, were accused of orchestrating anti-government protests between 2011 and 2013 in which 20 people died. Earlier this year, the kingdom's Supreme Court rejected an appeal against the death sentence passed on the Shia cleric.
https://www.rt.com/news/327698-saudi-executions-terror-charges/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
lionel4power:

well things are changeing little by little, the lower rank soldiers are always fit while the top-brass always manage to get pot-bellied
Though it would set a great example. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Believe me when I say this is the only picture they allowed to leave that base undecided grin
@ViceAdmiral

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
SAAF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
gottfried21:
Believe me when I say this is the only picture they allowed to leave that base undecided grin
@ViceAdmiral

Tell us your [purposely] holding out the pics on us grin ...u gotta be

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Tell us your [purposely] holding out the pics on us grin ...u gotta be
Well we stayed in the"Cargo"Hold of the Elephant...There isn't much to see...Found out something interesting though...There are certain features of the ship that the Chinese don't let the Namibians handle The ship is ours undecided But certain areas of the ship is for "Chinese nationals only" apparently only they are capable of operating those...It's kinda odd if you ask me
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
gottfried21:

Well we stayed in the"Cargo"Hold of the Elephant...There isn't much to see...Found out something interesting though...There are certain features of the ship that the Chinese don't let the Namibians handle The ship is ours undecided But certain areas of the ship is for "Chinese nationals only" apparently only they are capable of operating those...It's kinda odd if you ask me

Odd and embarrassing if u ask me...Thought those Chinese were only there for the initial voyage from China?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Odd and embarrassing if u ask me...Thought those Chinese were only there for the initial voyage from China?
Nope...They live in quarters fit for officers on one end of the base
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
I'm not sure whether this fits under security services...But here's the Ondonga King of Northern Namibia and his Royal Guard...

NB:The accessibility of Assault rifles to Civilians is worrying

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
gottfried21:

Are they employed by the PLA Navy or Poly Technologies the Suppliers by the way
(Here they are in Orange and blue coveralls)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Are they employed by the PLA Navy or Poly Technologies the Suppliers by the way
I have no idea bruv...either way
It's on a need to know basis so I doubt they would tell me
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
gottfried21:
I'm not sure whether this fits under security services...But here's the Ondonga King of Northern Namibia and his Royal Guard...

NB:The accessibility of Assault rifles to Civilians is worrying

Are those guys volunteers becoz they don't seem to be full time employees of the 'Royal House' and those are their 'own' weapons right?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
gottfried21:

How involved did the Chinese seem to be in the C2 of the Ship...And how involved are the Brazilians aswell in the day to day running of the Navy apart from being instructors for the various courses
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Are those guys volunteers becoz they don't seem to be full time employees of the 'Royal House' and those are their 'own' weapons right?
Yep...And yes they have ownership of those weapons
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
Looks like Chute Systems have progressed to Commando training with the Paras grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

They might also be under contracts from the NDF. The navy trying to acquire certain foreign skills. It is less expensive this way.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
gottfried21:

Well we stayed in the"Cargo"Hold of the Elephant...There isn't much to see... interesting though...There are certain features of the ship that the Chinese don't let the Namibians handle The ship is ours undecided But certain areas of the ship is for "Chinese nationals only" apparently only they are capable of operating those...It's kinda odd if you ask me

That's quite embarrassing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nigerian Air Force F-7ni

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
#Nigeria COIN #CTCOIN #Waronterror #N.E

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Henry240:
#Nigeria COIN #CTCOIN #Waronterror #N.E
this pics was taken during the wet season.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
overhypedsteve:
this pics was taken during the wet season.

Sure.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
this AutoKrAZ KrAZ 6322 6x6 military trucks are going to be delivered to an african country in the tropical region,now start guessing

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
Namibian designed and built MRAPs

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2016
africaken:
this AutoKrAZ KrAZ 6322 6x6 military trucks are going to be delivered to an african country in the tropical region,now start guessing

They are Nigerian vehicles.

mechanics of the Nigerian Army
completed a two-week training in the operation,
maintenance and repair of special KrAZ truck during Q4 2014.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:21am On Jan 03, 2016
Thought id do something slightly different...This post was sort of inspired by Henry's top 10 photos of the year.

Here are my top 10 most beautiful Fighter Aircraft currently in service:

10: Eurofighter Typhoon

9 : F/A 18

8 : Su 34, love the cockpit design!!

7 : Su 30

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 03, 2016
6 : Mirage 2000, it might be old, but those Frenchies know how to build attractive fighters!!

5 : Su 35, the bigger more attractive brother of the Su30

4 : F 16 , simplicity at its finest!!

3 : Saab Gripen, Yes I might be a bit biased here, but there's no denying that the Gripen is on of the most attractive fighters in service!!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:44am On Jan 03, 2016
2 : Mig 35 , most beautiful fighter to come out of Russia

1 : Rafale , quite obvious really!! If you don't get a hard on by simply looking at the Rafale, then you either have a medical problem OR you are gay!!

Anyway let me know what you guys think, and what jets you think should be added or taken out of my top 10 cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oyinpr(m) and 1 guest(s)