Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,966 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5954931 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 8:40am On Nov 04, 2014
South African anti-poaching unit

The guy with the cap is hold a Vektor-SP1-P2CC

Before this I didn't even know that something like that existed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 8:44am On Nov 04, 2014

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2014
Centrifude:

It worked for the SADF during the border war, and look at Iraqs army, they had thousands of men, I only found out recently while watching Aljazeera that Iraq had more than one hundred thousand soldiers, and in the beginning they out numbered I.S fighters 1:10, so having large numbers isn't always good, large numbers are good for invasions, but when it comes to insurgency it might be better to have a small heavily armed and well trained group of soldiers.

But... Sometimes it all depends on how you use those resources, having large armies might work for other people, so I might be wrong.
The SADF was on the ground with UNITA, meaning it didn't have to contribute numbers.

The Iraqi army isn't well drilled.

1. Troops for patrols.
2. Troops to conduct combat ops.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 11:51am On Nov 04, 2014
Centrifude:
South African anti-poaching unit

The guy with the cap is hold a Vektor-SP1-P2CC

Before this I didn't even know that something like that existed.
Many private game rangers use the CR-21 bullpup rifle.

Saw some with it in Hoedspruit sometime back.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Many private game rangers use the CR-21 bullpup rifle.

Saw some with it in Hoedspruit sometime back.

Damn I didn't think anyone would use CR-21, because the last time I checked it was still considered a prototype, and the lack of an iron sight, and being able to mount one sight on it was a bit of a disadvantage, but please share some pics of them if you find any.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
denisfidha:
First time am seeing KDF use the SCAR-H in an operation. Hunting down alshabaab sympathizers who attacked villagers near lamu, Launching there attacked from boni forest which leads up to the Somali border

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmzJn8uGUs4

Westgate mall attacks was also an operation. That was the first time many of us saw the SCAR-H.

The new thing I saw in the video is the Negev minimi.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ibsamar 2014

South Africa, Brazil, India

As host, the SA Navy will have the Valour Class frigate SAS Spioenkop, the Heroine Class submarine SAS Manthatisi, the mine countermeasures vessel SAS Umhloti and an as yet unnamed offshore patrol vessel taking part. Spioenkop will also have a Super Lynx 300 operated by 22 Squadron aboard for the sea phases of Ibsamar.

Drills and manoeuvres expected to form part of Ibsamar include anti-submarine warfare; visit, board, search and seizure and replenishment at sea (RAS).

Other SA Air Force (SAAF) elements assigned to Ibsamar are a pair of 22 Squadron Oryx, a 28 Squadron C-130BZ, a 35 Squadron C-47TP, a PC-7 from Central Flying School at AFB Langebaanweg and “two fighter aircraft” from AFB Makhado. The Navy has not yet specified whether they will be Gripens or Hawks.

The Navy’s Maritime Reaction Squadron (MRS) will also be involved as will elements of the Special Forces.

The Indian Navy guided missile frigate INS Teg will deploy to South Africa for Ibsamar after being part of a flotilla visiting “friendly nations in east Africa,” according to The Asian Age.

Other Indian Navy vessels on this month-long deployment are the destroyer INS Mumbai, fleet replenishment tanker INS Deepak and a second guided missile frigate INS Talwar.

Countries on the Indian Navy flotilla’s visiting list are Madagascar, Kenya, Tanzanian, Reunion, Mauritius and Mozambique, with South Africa being the extra stop for Teg.

The Indian contingent for Ibsamar will number around 250 and will include, apart from the ship’s company, a Special Forces team and a maritime helicopter with the necessary aircrew and support personnel.

The Brazilian component is expected to be around 200 strong on a frigate platform with a maritime helicopter and Special Forces detachment.

The Indian and Brazilian ships are expected to port in Simon’s town on October 20 with post exercise demobilisation set for November 10 to 14.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
Henry120:

Yeah first time after Westgate ofcourse
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
Centrifude:

Damn I didn't think anyone would use CR-21, because the last time I checked it was still considered a prototype, and the lack of an iron sight, and being able to mount one sight on it was a bit of a disadvantage, but please share some pics of them if you find any.
It is alleged the SANDF didn't take it into service cause it didn't offer anything much different from the R4.

I'll do so.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2014
Nigerian Navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2014
Who can I.D this UPDF MRAP?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
Brazil, South Africa, India joint exercises currently underway

Indian helo's and a Hawk

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hawk and SAAF Lynx

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
SA Navy MRS doing ship boarding ops

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
Indian and South African Vessels up in Saldahna Bay

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
Random vessels,

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
Various contd

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
more

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
allmost done

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
Finished

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
Patchesagain:
Hawk and SAAF Lynx
Amazing, the numbers of equipment the SANDF was able to commit for this exercise.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
Patchesagain:
Hawk and SAAF Lynx

So much for the "lack of aviation fuel"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 9:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
Henry120:
Who can I.D this UPDF MRAP?

How about a Clue?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
Centrifude:

How about a Clue?

I don't know what it is myself.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
Patchesagain:
more

Beautiful images.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 06, 2014
ActivateKruger:

So much for the "lack of aviation fuel"

You shouldn't do this here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 2:01am On Nov 06, 2014
Very rare pic of an SAPS STF operative with one of the Recces.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 2:04am On Nov 06, 2014

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:14am On Nov 06, 2014
Henry120:

You shouldn't do this here.

I know that very well, it's irritating when you keep going about it when you know the truth.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2014
Henry120:

I don't know what it is myself.

Lol... they kinda look South African or British, or maybe they could be Chinese but I've never ever seen those before ey.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
Centrifude:

Lol... they kinda look South African or British, or maybe they could be Chinese but I've never ever seen those before ey.

They mainly use, mamba and casspir MRAPS, this one is new, and very different.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.