Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

The Diary - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Diary (48158 Views)

BOOMERANG!!! The Diary Of A Foolish Lady. A Flash Fiction / The Diary Of A Crazy Kid / FOXY_REBIRTH - The Diary of A Dead Vampire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary by skyscraperTM(m): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2013
Ohh, hem, gee! This is horrorful.

Return of the dead coming to haunt you!

1 Like

Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 12:04am On Oct 28, 2013
Issue 21:
---------------------------------------------------

My feet felt cold and my head got bigger, it expanding like it was going to burst with my brains scattered all over the room, it was a well known fact that when one is close to a ghost an inevitable feeling of a swollen head is what you get,its like it marks their presence or say it calls for respect. I felt cold like I could ice a drink better than a freezer even while I could feel sweat roll down all over my skin, my heart beat increased to the level I thought this would be it, I already had the feeling that I was going to die but death is not a phenomenon you wish for, even with my bad deeds and the scary things I encounter, I still didn't want to die, all the pain and agony I'll be inflicted with is what I feared the most, I'll rather run.

The silence, darkness and fearful feeling all around me was so immense that I couldn't fight the little cry of fear that escaped my lips unconsciously, I couldn't see a thing except the colour black which revealed nothing to me but darkness, the only thing I could think of at that moment was Papa Sunday, screaming at the top of my voice might be the only thing that could preserve my soul because it is obvious my Creator has left me in my own zone. "Leave me alone...!!!" I said as I waved my knuckle sporadically around me as a form of defence but not ignorant that its not enough to cause any damage, I moved around the sitting room aiming for Papa Sunday's room which I could locate without looking since its the same setup as my apartment.

Papa Sunday didn't respond as I shouted, little Sunday didn't make a sound with all the darkness around, I thought kids were supposed to be afraid of the dark but it appeared little Sunday doesn't belong to that group. I threw my knuckle around like I could see them but took steps slowly towards the bed room, suddenly...there was a grip on my collar from behind me, I looked back knowing I won't see a thing...but I was wrong, there were glowing red eyes belonging to people I can't see, my heart was already at the edge as I shouted "HELP!!!!", I ascended in to thin air fast like someone pulled me from the top...with force I hit the ceiling and I could tell it was broken, I kept shouting for help while I floated in the air...I felt sharp pricks all over my body like I was being stabbed needles... I didn't stop shouting till...alas... Papa Sunday's torch came alive, I still continued shouting while I suspended in the air, Papa Sunday looked like he was trying to get sleep off his eyes as he scratched them, I looked at the ground and saw my laps in the process, there were syringes all over my laps and upper body, I screamed harder after seeing my self floating and blood dripping all over me, at that moment I knew it wasn't normal for humans to fly...I looked in front of me and saw Mama Sunday still with the fierce look on her face, Papa Sunday was still on the bed coughing like he does every morning...Mama Sunday came close with her ultra speed with another syringe in her hand aiming for my head... I screamed again but I was thrown against the wall, I hit my head hard on a sharp object but I couldn't fight anymore...all I saw was Papa Sunday running towards me as he flashed his torch on my face...I saw Nnenna walk from behind me away in to the darkness...then I passed out

I woke up in my apartment, every where looked scattered and didn't look the way I left it, I didn't understand what was going on, I looked around me and thought of how I got in here, the last thing I remembered was being attacked in Papa Sunday's house, " whose here......, Papa Sunday!!!!.. I screamed but it seemed like the silence sucked my voice, I noticed my toilet door opened with a burning brand new candle placed on top of the closed lead, I knew I was doomed...quickly I turned around so I could run to the door but there was a trail of tripping blood from the door to where I stood, I wondered where the blood came from, I followed the trail but it stopped where I stood, I took a step backward and blood poured out of me like I had a tank of it, I was seriously bleeding but I felt no pinch of pain.

I rushed to the door and tried opening it but it was strongly locked from behind, I banged on the door calling for help as blood gushed out of me with my shirt soaked in my blood, I didn't stop hitting the door as hard as I could but there was no one to come to my aid, I didn't understand if I was dreaming or dead because non of these made any sense to me. I got tired which obviously meant this is real, a ghost never gets tired so I thought, my legs began to ache as the holes in my body kept emitting blood, I was weak and was in pain as I couldn't move a muscle anymore, I had screamed out my energy in to the hungry silence, I sat on the ground in my pool of blood with my back leaned on the wall.

I groaned in pain loosing hope I would get out of this alive, I had a feeling this definitely is the end, I was weary but was wary of any little action or sound that could come up, I stayed at alert like I had an escape route...suddenly, the chuckle of a baby came from the kitchen, a voice of a lady which sounded like Onome's replied saying faintly "...baby don't cry....baby..baby....baby...daddy is in the parlour...would you like to see him?...." , in response I started crying loudly" ... No,no,no,no,," as I shook my head, I stood up but I couldn't stay on my feet for long, my already coagulated blood was slippery and it put me back on my buttocks , I just looked at the kitchen entrance and prayed no one comes out .

Onome's whispering voice didn't stop, she whispered all through like she intentionally wants scare the living hell out of me, I decided not to pay attention by just listening to my pitiful cry for help, I kept shouting for help which I knew isn't loud enough for anyone to hear, even while I had the strength no one came. I saw a shadow reflect from the kitchen which really did ignite more fright for me, I had to stand up because I couldn't take it anymore, I could no longer feel my legs nor arms, I was obviously running short of blood, my vision was getting a little blurry but I could still recognise a ghost when I see one, I said to my self "...I think its high time you wake up from your fuqing slumber...!!!"...

I breathed heavily peeking around the room from where I sat, Onome's shadow remained where it was without any sudden movement, suddenly cracks came from the toilet ceiling, the candle light went dim like it was going off, dust and crumbs of slate dropped from the ceiling to the ground like something was trying to open it up, sudden movements from the ceiling made me stay at alert as I couldn't move my legs anymore, all of a sudden there was a strong hit on the ceiling slate, a leg came out of the ceiling like it wanted to jump, the whole body fell from the ceiling leaving a big hole, Eugene's body hit the ground carelessly like someone threw it, suddenly he stood up and turned his broken neck towards me, he looked at me and smiled, Mama Sunday also dropped to the ground from the ceiling so did Nnenna, they all stood up and looked at me suspiciously, Onome came out of the kitchen holding what I believed to be her womb, blood dripped from their walking corpses as they began to approach me....I tried standing up but I couldn't move my legs at all, my sight became worse but with the little energy in me I screamed for help.....
Re: The Diary by mamaaustin(f): 12:25am On Oct 28, 2013
Addicted
Re: The Diary by Madawaki01(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2013
Lemme see how he will escape this.
Re: The Diary by skyscraperTM(m): 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
Now this is SCARIOUS!

If there is any word like that!!
Re: The Diary by Damlesky(m): 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Diary by Missprettie(f): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
shocked shocked shocked

*faints*
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
drop dead *unfollows thread*
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 7:23am On Oct 29, 2013
T gold: drop dead *unfollows thread*
cry
Re: The Diary by Kslib(m): 11:06am On Oct 29, 2013
Whaaattt? Oghene shocked shocked shocked shocked!!

**picks race***
All izz well!
Re: The Diary by iamteaser: 10:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
What you got here is obviously not fo' tha weak a.s.s. Damn! Yo story is just too good...and SCARY!
Re: The Diary by Ariyke: 8:25am On Oct 30, 2013
shocked shocked shocked SCARY!!!!!!!!
Re: The Diary by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2013
This is fucking scary. I must see how you escape this 1.
Re: The Diary by 2map(m): 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
I just had to run out while reading this coz twas really dark in my room. Btw,d horror too much naw, he didn't kill mama sunday, onome and eugene na.
Re: The Diary by Cutekriss(m): 7:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
grin
2map: I just had to run out while reading this coz twas really dark in my room. Btw,d horror too much naw, he didn't kill mama sunday, onome and eugene na.
sad[quote author=2map]

bt his dick 'd killed mama sunday!....
Re: The Diary by adegwurulez(m): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Dis write-up is d:ope. Mehn i don carry my mat come. Slickest i dey hail o
Re: The Diary by Damlesky(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
slickest if you no update today GOBE fit happen ooo
Re: The Diary by Karevwite: 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Cutekriss: grin sad
lol...true talk
Re: The Diary by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mr slickest, puhlease kum n update d story nau
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2013
Its ready ppl....no worry
Re: The Diary by skyscraperTM(m): 11:35am On Nov 02, 2013
Waiting oo
Re: The Diary by purpinkx(m): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2013
Baddest guy ever liveth
Re: The Diary by Jumizie13(f): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
Horror!!!
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
Issue 22:
---------------------------------------------------

I struggled furiously as they approached me, their hands pushed forward like they wanted to tear me to pieces, they got closer with their dragging feet and I in turn had no where to go and nothing to do but scream my heart out, I closed my eyes so I don't see any part of me suffer dissection...."...take it easy...easy..you're okay...easy..." Was the next voice I heard, I felt touches all over my body and I took the courage to open my eyes... I was surrounded by three nurses and a man who appeared to be a doctor, Papa Sunday was standing far away beside my feet, I raised my head a little and found out I was on a bed...a hospital bed. I was on a boxer short with nothing else on, some parts of my chest and laps were plastered, there was a sharp pain from the back of my head which brought back the last memory of how I was thrown against the wall, I reached to touch it with one of my fingers when I realised my head had been scraped clean, I raised my head devastated looking at Papa Sunday like he did it but the man in white who's perfectly fit to be called the doctor answered my question before I asked, "...the cut was deep and we had to reach its base, I didn't want to just scrape some and leave the rest so you don't look like a thug....just had to make it a clean treatment...we still have some questions to ask you though before we can let Mr.Nnamdi here leave but you have to be a in better condition...I am Eugene...doctor Eugene..." the doctor said, I relaxed on the bed whilst Papa Sunday whom I never knew his real name is Mr.Nnamdi also took a seat on the visitors' chair beside me.

Little Sunday was asleep on his father's laps which I didn't detest, he was awake all night and nature had taken its course on him, I looked at his father who looked at me like he had a thousand and one questions to ask me. "I searched your phone and got one of your relative's number, to be precise I put a call through to your mother informing her that you were involved in a minor accident and had been admitted... She told me she'll be on her way..." Papa Sunday narrated the development on the situation, I didn't know what else to say after I blamed him of alerting my mother, I told him there were better alternatives but not my mother, I knew things were getting abysmal and way beyond my control... The situation now is on autopilot, I hope and only hope I make it out alive

Papa Sunday was still staring at me while I suffered a severe migraine, there was silence governing both of us as we didn't know what to discuss, I wasn't also in the mood to discuss anything with him because I already had a responsibility of nurturing my head ache, "....did u kill my wife?..." He broke the silence looking straight in to my eyes, shock gripped me all over at the sudden question, I wasn't surprised he did ask but I was shocked he suspected me, I denied it of course and also spoke to him aggressively so he would back off a little bit, my strategy worked as he didn't push it any further, obviously the reason why he was detained was so he could give a reasonable explanation of what happened to me in his apartment. I noticed my diary in the bag and my mobile phone on a stool beside my bed, my heart pounded as I prayed no one had glanced through its pages, I removed the diary from the bag with my pen placed in the last page where I stopped recording, I opened it and started recording with the aim of hiding it under my pillow in the absence of Papa Sunday. I wrote ignoring Papa Sunday who sat beside me, he looked like he wanted to see what I was always writing in the blue covered book every now and then while I paid attention to my memory recovery of how all the past events unfolded.

09:00
Papa Sunday left the enormous ward where I laid giving me the chance to keep my diary safely without any suspicions, he left little Sunday behind on the bed where he was still in his sound sleep meaning he would be back soonest. I'll put this under my pillow now.

10:00
What a way to end a week and begin a weekend, I laid for an hour just changing sides on the slim bed, I took a look around the ward which harboured different kinds of sick men, some were asleep while others had their eyes wide open, all down with different kinds ailments best known to them. Papa Sunday hasn't returned from wherever he might have gone but I know for certain he can't leave his son behind, I'll just wait for what the next unknown situation brings, am still expecting my mother by the way.

11:00
The last one hour was a stone to chew for Papa Sunday but he eventually pulled through, a police man was invited to interrogate the both of us on the incident that happened in Papa Sunday's apartment, he explained all he saw as it was clear he was asleep and missed out on the action, he kept saying the same thing about him seeing me on the floor bleeding from my head with syringes all over my body, he said little Sunday was also crying which was what woke him up from his sleep, he said he called for help after he saw me unconscious, "...and that's all I know..." He concluded. The police man must be a rookie to have interrogated us both at the same place, I just told the same story Papa Sunday narrated but on my own path, I told him the syringe bag fell and poured the syringes all over the place, I narrated that in the process of picking them I fell on the pointed syringes and hit my head on the wall.

I put down my statement so did Papa Sunday and that marked the end of the first phase of the investigation, Papa Sunday was free to go but the police told him he would still be needed for more proceedings on the investigation but at later times, Mr Nnamdi dropped his number to show he would always be available to help the police, the officer left leaving I, Papa Sunday and the doctor in the ward, the doctor also wished me well and left the ward, Papa Sunday stood up and held his little son who was already awake, he looked at me and said "...problem dey ooo my brother... big problem... I saw you floating Mr John, something weird is going on because its not normal for you to float in the air...." , he talked in a low tone and walked away with his son. I sat baffled as other patients in the ward stared at me like I was a criminal...

My phone rang displaying a number that wasn't amidst my contacts, I picked it and it was Eugene's mother, she lamented on how she discarded Eugene's idea of staying with me, she spoke ill about me and said she hadn't heard from her son for two days, she is my aunt so I had to give her some respect because she deserves it, I tried explaining things to her but she made her final statement which was straight and clear, "...look for my son ooo...because I know him well...". The phone beeped indicating the end of the call, I looked at it and saw the the call duration blinking on the screen, confusion took control of me for a while but I soon snapped out of it, I dropped my phone back on the stool then I noticed someone standing at the entrance of the ward, I raised my head to see who it was...it turned out to be Eugene, he looked at me like he was in pain...he didn't come any closer but his dusty and tattered blood dripping clothes sent fear through my spine, he held his intestine in his hand while his collar bone shot out from the inside, his head wasn't standing well on his neck...I couldn't take my eyes off him, it was then I noticed blood coming out of his eyes, I sat up but I couldn't feel my legs which means I couldn't walk....
Re: The Diary by adegwurulez(m): 12:20am On Nov 03, 2013
just hope say when your mother come, those ghost no go do her wetin dem do onome
Re: The Diary by Damlesky(m): 12:48am On Nov 03, 2013
dis one pass 'the hunted mansion' Papa Sunday don dey over sabi, he suppose be. the next victim
Re: The Diary by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 03, 2013
Nkpume Iko is here now...
Slickest, this is an incredible piece you've got here.
Re: The Diary by Kslib(m): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2013
Oh boy eeee!!
Re: The Diary by skyscraperTM(m): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
Interesting diary, please try to update more frequently. Thanks.
Re: The Diary by Jumizie13(f): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2013
Bravo!!!
Re: The Diary by Buccinator(m): 11:47am On Nov 05, 2013
And Where Is He . . .Slickest Where art Thou? ? ? Cant Believe I'm Reading this Piece In a Gynaecology Lecture Room. . . One word: Addicted!
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
T gold: drop dead *unfollows thread*
ressurected, nw refollows thread... Dead piece

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass / Oceanofpdf.com Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.