Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts (10117 Views)

Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW / Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by kennyonthrone(m): 10:46am On Aug 11, 2013
Kk
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2013
awodman:
In june it dropped to 2,290MW and in August it fell to 2,628..meaning that the fault in June was corrected and definitely this will also be corrected.As long as the current crop of PHCN staffs are still in-charge I doubt if we won't have cases like this re-occurring.

However,am happy that PHCN staffs are currently been paid their severance package and that hopefully by September the private sector guys will take over.Am also happy that before year end at least 7 of the 10 NIPP plants would be on stream thereby making cases like this not to be severe.

I will call all the current govt has done in the power sector a ruse if by next year June I don't see a depature from the old order.As ƒσя now I will continue to be patient with them believing they are on the right path.
Its not even a matter of being patient alone, but what are the ALTERNATIVES? Those who have alternative solution to what is currently being done in the power sector should put it on the table and lets analyse all the issues. Can someone point to ANY public institution, whether at federal, state or local govt level, that is currently doing BETTER than PHCN? Those who have better alternatives to the current reforms in the power sector should pls share those alternatives with us.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by dridowu: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2013
Our Federal Govt is trying its best............................by allowing power to drop constantly yet dy are promising us 10000mw b4 2015. Reverse is always d case
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by ucheokpara100(m): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2013
let me add this, i wonder y peopl deciv diasef tht nigeria 'll soon hv constnt pwer suply, wen d type of cable u hv cant even witstnd steady light for 2 months peacefuly without hearing of fire out break evry here and their. and d wiring we hv as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by boss1310(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2013
no government in Nigeria has come out with the truth about our power problems.personally i believe this is sabotage from the stakeholders

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2013
Make I hear. So Prof Nebo, u mean everything started going wrong at the same time. I recall you say that the power situation in this country can be traced to both physical n spiritual attacks. So do u think what is happening ryt now to all the power generation plants is spiritual? I guess not, but I think someone is not just being efficient n resorceful in his job. However, the drop in power has added huge cash to your pocket via the Generator importers Cartel.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2013
Naija I hail thee o gringringringrin
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Donsammi(m): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2013
no wonder .. by phcn action this month i already knw....
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Pukkah: 10:58am On Aug 11, 2013
These are not the best of times for power supply in Nigeria.

Also, these are not the best of times for the purchased mouthpieces and mercenaries of Mr President. They're running out of tenable excuses and cogent reasons for the myriad of problems facing Nigerians.

There is nothing here to argue about - power supply has not improved! Simple.

If you see anyone that is denying this, or struggling with the obvious fact; then he/she is either deluded, ignorant, benefiting from the rot or a paid agent.

Many of those paid and conscience-less agents are here - trying to justify their obscene pay.

I wish Nigeria well.

Oh, lest I forget, what was President Jonathan's campaign promise on power? Or why are these paid agents today mouthing unacceptable and silly excuses?

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by kayola12(m): 11:11am On Aug 11, 2013
When will Nigeria change,are we failed completely or yet still failing....
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Jesuspikin87(m): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2013
The simple truth is, Nigerians don't care about how many Megawatt is generated. All we want is Stable Electricity.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Azeez532(m): 11:15am On Aug 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Power generation level will always fluctuate until we build enough power generation capacity so much so that if there's any short fall in any power plant or gas distribution line, it wouldn't affect the national grid. If Nigeria was generating like 40,000 megawatts, the loss of 2,000 megawatts or so reported on this thread wouldn't have affected the national grid. In fact, nobody would have known as the relevant engineers would have silently sought for the problem and fixed it. The president and his team will continue to do what is HUMANLY possible to ramp up generation capacity. Unfortunately, there are bad elements in the society who continue to sabotage govt's efforts. Nigerians are Nigeria's greatest enemy. People complain of lack of power but at the same time sabotage govt's efforts. These sabotage may even be the handiwork of opposition elements. The govt cannot secure every inch of the gas, crude oil, petroluem products, etc pipelines.

Anyway, as more NIPP and Independent power plants come on stream, the effect of these vandalisms will reduce to the barest minimum.

Meanwhile, has the APC done what is HUMANLY possible in their area of jurisdiction? Where is the 4th Mainland bridge the APC promised Lagosians since the year 2000? Where is the brand new Lekki international Airport promised by the APC in Lagos? How come the APC have still not completed a railway project started by Jakande in the 80's after governing Lagos for 14 solid years? Are vandals also stalling these very important projects?

From all indications, the KIDNAPPER in-charge of Lagos is only busy planting flowers, marking federal roads and collecting tolls.

with all due respect sir,when next you are to comment,you think very well before typing and not typing before thinking.....how on earth can you corroborate electricity drop when tariffs are so High? Nigerians pay for electricity & what your PDP-led federal government gives in return is perpetual darkness.Do you think Nigerians are as gullible as you are?You better watch it.Moreover,y should d APC/lagos be brough in

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by abdul23(m): 11:39am On Aug 11, 2013
prem love: i 've always like ur comment becos u have a strong persuasive comment but on this issue u are just confuse u dont know wat to write rader u are defending rubbish. Even the minister is expressing is disappiontment u are here defending rubbish am disappionted in dis ur comment
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 11, 2013
This is the reason I can't vote for gej

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by najoke: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2013
Azeez532:
with all due respect sir,when next you are to comment,you think very well before typing and not typing before thinking.....how on earth can you corroborate electricity drop when tariffs are so High? Nigerians pay for electricity & what your PDP-led federal government gives in return is perpetual darkness.Do you think Nigerians are as gullible as you are?You better watch it.Moreover,y should d APC/lagos be brough in
^
are you surprise,ok u are not aware that insincere9jamumu has FISH BRAIN grin grin grin grin grin and thinks like a fowl.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by shurlermoz(m): 11:40am On Aug 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Power generation level will always fluctuate until we build enough power generation capacity so much so that if there's any short fall in any power plant or gas distribution line, it wouldn't affect the national grid. If Nigeria was generating like 40,000 megawatts, the loss of 2,000 megawatts or so reported on this thread wouldn't have affected the national grid. In fact, nobody would have known as the relevant engineers would have silently sought for the problem and fixed it. The president and his team will continue to do what is HUMANLY possible to ramp up generation capacity. Unfortunately, there are bad elements in the society who continue to sabotage govt's efforts. Nigerians are Nigeria's greatest enemy. People complain of lack of power but at the same time sabotage govt's efforts. These sabotage may even be the handiwork of opposition elements. The govt cannot secure every inch of the gas, crude oil, petroluem products, etc pipelines.

Anyway, as more NIPP and Independent power plants come on stream, the effect of these vandalisms will reduce to the barest minimum.

Meanwhile, has the APC done what is HUMANLY possible in their area of jurisdiction? Where is the 4th Mainland bridge the APC promised Lagosians since the year 2000? Where is the brand new Lekki international Airport promised by the APC in Lagos? How come the APC have still not completed a railway project started by Jakande in the 80's after governing Lagos for 14 solid years? Are vandals also stalling these very important projects?

From all indications, the KIDNAPPER in-charge of Lagos is only busy planting flowers, marking federal roads and collecting tolls.

So because APC is failing now its cool for PDP to continue in there failure?!
Use Ur brain when next U are responding on this forum, its not good for any party to fail or continue in failure, U can use that to justify for PDP's ineptitude. And if U want us to count †he many ways in which PDP has failed, guy U go tire o.......health, education, security, power, aviation, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by abdul23(m): 11:42am On Aug 11, 2013
prem love: i 've always like ur comment becos u have a strong persuasive comment but on this issue u are just confuse u dont know wat to write rader u are defending rubbish. Even the minister is expressing is disappiontment u are here defending rubbish am disappionted in dis ur comment
the guy own is too much.even me no fit defend my papa like dat....smh for some people.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Elijah348(m): 11:52am On Aug 11, 2013
Jesuspikin87: The simple truth is, Nigerians don't care about how many Megawatt is generated. All we want is Stable Electricity.
Well said.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
I see...

I now understand why light no dey since Friday.

Abeg, make I go buy fuel.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Proxytalk: 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
Am begining to suspect this whole gas issue. If people vandalise gas pipeline like they did to afam gas line can it benefit them (the vandals) in any way? if no then why?.
for instance i ve decided b4 now that i ll not change my gen. since the improvement but owing to vandals i m begining to change my mind to the benefit of generator dealers, then extreme opposition campaigne mongers can go any lenght. Ngerians shid know that what stand on their way to steady power is sponsored pipeline vandals.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by spartan66(m): 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Sometimes, there's more wisdom in silence as in this case.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by brownlord: 12:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
Which one be megabite again for light matter, abeg make them give me light nai i know, wetin cousine layman like me cousine megabite abi na gigabite, no be light when i see for bulb be my own, mean what about that PDP sponsor when dey diesel and promise us say as far say em dey sale diesel we no go get stable electricity? shebi una sabi who i dey talk, the one wen doctored one Sinator sorry senator.

WHY PDP AND APC/ACN/CPC THUGS KEEP CLASHING AND FIGHTING OVER ISSUES THAT AFFECT THE WELFARE OF EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY, E.G INSINCERE NIGERIA AND OTHER FELLOW THUGS ON NAIRALAND, BOTH PDP AND OPPOSITION, IF THIS COUNTRY GO BETTER NO BE ALL OF US GO ENJOY AM?
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by brownlord: 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
Am appalled and stupendously baffled that our megawatts are dropping like a ripen mango.

During the dry season, the FG will tell us that there is no water to power the Hydro stations.

During the raining season, they will also tell us that the rain has caused irreparable loss and damage to the power generating hydro plants.

For the past one month, I have been buying petrol of over 30k per month just to service my freezer, yet, I will still pay for the pre-paid phcn bill. Is this how we gonna continue in this country.

Then if we talk, some people would shut you down and even call for your head just because we are asking questions. How much is my salary when am using almost half of the salary to service electricity?? Yet, u still have your wife and children to cater for....the only thing that could make me stop shouting is if the FG and GEJ apologists could start sending into my acct money to fuel my generators.

30K per month na mortuary abi cold room u dey operate, you better troway that fridge go buy something else na the channel wey enemy won use finish you be that, troway am before u use ur retirement money buy petrol finish, between e be like your wife na lazy woman, na once she dey cook in a month, just pack everythin for fridge dey warm am for u everyday, too much of stale food is bad, make she still dey cook fresh food for u atleast every 3 days so you go dey look fresh.

Mean while, How can you be buying petrol for per month for the past one month now oga? which figure of speech be that?

past, present confuse tense

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by chucky234(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
This Nebo will never cease to amaze me,only God knows when power generation will record continuous increase instead of dropping.
Jona and Nebo sha.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by dalhat14(m): 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
same old story, there's always an excuse

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Tolexander: 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
seanet02: A big congratulations to all Fresh Air Team....
Congrats.
in obasanjo's voice on power.

If you know what i know, you will like me.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by NET1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
brownlord:

30K per month na mortuary abi cold room u dey operate, you better troway that fridge go buy something else na the channel wey enemy won use finish you be that, troway am before u use ur retirement money buy petrol finish, between e be like your wife na lazy woman, na once she dey cook in a month, just pack everythin for fridge dey warm am for u everyday, too much of stale food is bad, make she still dey cook fresh food for u atleast every 3 days so you go dey look fresh.

Mean while, How can you be buying petrol for per month for the past one month now oga? which figure of speech be that?

past, present confuse tense

Hahahahahahaha................................this must be the most hilarious response I've seen here in Recent times ............ Bro, thanks for sharing the Laughter.

.NET

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by skyfall: 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
guy1234:

Sorry to say this so early on Sunday. U are incorrigibly mad. Instead of u to keep shut at d failings of ur masters u still make excuses.wetin concern apc with no light? You are maaaaad. Maybe u are Jonathan himself ,who knows?

No he's not Jonathan, he just has the same weak grey matter like Jonathan & his wife.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Tolexander: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
ba7man: Is this the same Jingo, OAU?? RD 12
the same question am asking.

But i don't believe it is the great JINGO(Dipo Fashina)
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by joeluv: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
Nebo is the worst minister of power...he is as good as non existant...oh lord where is thy son Barth Nnaji?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku, Obi Reject Tinubu’s Victory, Begin Legal Challenge / Dipo Anisulowo Debunks Rumour Of His Resignation As Fayose's Chief Of Staff / The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.