Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts (10118 Views)

Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW / Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by tonyzaks: 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
9ja, the only con3 whr people pay for darkness. imagin all d drop-drop wey we dey hear not any of them is in our bill.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by BlackBaron: 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
We lack the 2 most important things in this country.

Power and education.

No leader yet has offered any comprehensive blueprint for those 2 fundamental aspects.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by tunjidj3: 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
As long as we continue to run our power station on gass the problem we persist until we diversify the source of running the station,so many source are there but they will not yield because of personal intrest
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by hipinnacle: 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
It is quite disdaining and appalling that Nigeria keeps moving in a 360 circle and continues to rigmarole solving the same problem over and over again. What is new? Rebuilding 18th century roads and rails, constructing only 6 airports with all the money the government is generating from taxes and sales of crude oil every day.
It is even more baffling the way some nitwit will come to splash lies as if they are born to lie. The other day, some of them posted here that Lagos-ore road have been rehabilitated. Just few days ago, I passed through that road to and fro. Nothing changed, keep deteriorating. What actually has changed since 1999? Just to do the same project in different way, another government with the same set of people and direction changing party that is favorable per time to deceive people, only to be siphoning money that belongs to all to their pocket. Something is wrong and it is LEADERSHIP. SIMPLE!

Few people start change and we can make it happen or else we continue to talk and lament over and over again.
Join the platform of www.facebook.com/APCTeamNigeria to enforce change through our voice and action.

It is time 4 change Nigerians
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by akaOpene(m): 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
This is not excuses. It's the reality. Until we build our generation capacity to something far far above the national requirement, this sort of unfortunate incidents will continue to happen. Do you really expect the nation's generation capacity to hold steady at 4,000 MW or whatever level it is currently? Its impossible. These are man-made machines, fed with gas through pipelines. Anything can go wrong at any point along the chain. You cannot be generating only 4,000MW and hope that everything works perfectly from day to day.

My position is that until we build our generation capacity to something above 20,000 MW, these flip flops and short fall will continue to occur. Unfortunately, 20,000 MW cannot be achieved within a short period, atleast not this year.

When the private sector takes over the distribution system, alot of bottlenecks will be cleared. Notwithstanding the temporary shortfall in generation, alot of people still dont have power because of distribution challenges. The privatisation will solve most of the issues in the distribution chains. Even the power plants that'll also be transferred into private hands will be better managed. The NIPP and Independent power plants that will be added to the grid by late this year or early next year will boost generation. A combination of all of the above will definitely make things better.

Meanwhile, the gas pipeline damage reported on this thread is only temporary set back. In a week or two, it'll be fixed. Should we them pull down the whole house because a gas pipeline problem was reported?
This administration took the credit when there was a report of a 3 weeks stable power in parts of Awka,but wont take responsibility in the current situation.And here you are ranting about the opposition APC when all we ask is that we be provided with the services we pay for.Ur attitude is simply antithetical to progress.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by collynzo2(m): 7:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
serious countries are generating electricity with coal, our govt is here deceiving them selves with gas plants. 100 gas plants will not solve half of our electricity problems in this country. If you can't build more dams, embrace coal!!
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by mystikal(m): 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
i guess its only in abuja light seems to be stable, cant remember d last time light went off here.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
How come. Where are those spiders that were shouting 2 weeks ago that they have 24 hours lite. 24 sheets is wat they had. Get it thru ur skulls that 9ja can NEVER and i repeat NEVER have 24 hours lite. Till thy Kingdom come it will never happen.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
Abbott: They should not be giving excuses in 2013! What sort of people are these!
BROS YOU TRY AS U CLASSIFY THEM AS PEOPLE. DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WOULD TREAT FELLOW PEOPLE LIKE THIS. IF YES, Y ISN'T THE POWER ISSUE A WORLDWIDE ISSUE.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Aromas: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Na dem sabi o, in case u want 2 repair,rebrand, ur GENERATOR kindly call us 2 dis number. 07062300892,08168399168. We light up d world. Uninterrupted engineer.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Dsdada: 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
[quote author=Sincere 9gerian]
Power generation level will always fluctuate until we build enough power generation capacity so much so that if there's any short fall in any power plant or gas distribution line, it wouldn't affect the national grid. If Nigeria was generating like 40,000 megawatts, the loss of 2,000 megawatts or so reported on this thread wouldn't have affected the national grid. In fact, nobody would have known as the relevant engineers would have silently sought for the problem and fixed it. The president and his team will continue to do what is HUMANLY possible to ramp up generation capacity. Unfortunately, there are bad elements in the society who continue to sabotage govt's efforts. Nigerians are Nigeria's greatest enemy. People complain of lack of power but at the same time sabotage govt's efforts. These sabotage may even be the handiwork of opposition elements. The govt cannot secure every inch of the gas, crude oil, petroluem products, etc pipelines.."SINCERE THIEF! GEJ PAYS YOU WELL?!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by roxell120(m): 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
three days of darkness here is not funny at all.I pinched myself last night asking whether ill ever see nigeria of my dream thinking I was dreaming but everything is obviously real.looking out of the window waiting for the messaiah!
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by ba7man(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
collynzo2: serious countries are generating electricity with coal, our govt is here deceiving them selves with gas plants. 100 gas plants will not solve half of our electricity problems in this country. If you can't build more dams, embrace coal!!
I believe Enugu has large deposits of Coal.....wasting away i guess.

Nigeria and this oil curse sha.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Olumidzti(m): 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
awodman:
In june it dropped to 2,290MW and in August it fell to 2,628..meaning that the fault in June was corrected and definitely this will also be corrected.As long as the current crop of PHCN staffs are still in-charge I doubt if we won't have cases like this re-occurring.

However,am happy that PHCN staffs are currently been paid their severance package and that hopefully by September the private sector guys will take over.Am also happy that before year end at least 7 of the 10 NIPP plants would be on stream thereby making cases like this not to be severe.

I will call all the current govt has done in the power sector a ruse if by next year June I don't see a depature from the old order.As ƒσя now I will continue to be patient with them believing they are on the right path.
you're ignorant if you think the problem is caused by phcn staffs. If you're in a workplace, you only work with tools you have, no? Is it not these phcn staffs that presided over 4500MW? Is it phcn staffs that are embezzling the funds that should have been used to improve power? When phcn staffs told Nigerians that privatisation by government is not to make electricity better in Nigeria, it's just a ploy to make money for some politicians, you said it's a lie that phcn staffs are responsible & should b sacked to make electricity supply better. Now after privatisation what do you have? Less regular and more expensive power supply. And if you think bringing new people in to replace people who have known the system for many years will improve electricity supply, you better dream on. Government employed phcn staffs, if they're not efficient, should you blame the employee or the employer?
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by lamp5: 11:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
Electricity is the most expensive and difficult area of government to control. Although, everybody have the right to complain, and in every sutiation in life someone must be the point to put all the blame. Am not trying to cover up for any body, but i want to elucidate some issue why electricity is emasculate in Nigeria. Do u know that countries like, Italy, Switzerland,etc import electricity from Italy. Even some Nuclear reactor in China is also control by France. France is the world largest exporter of electricity, with 58nuclear reactor and generate 63Gwe. Cost 400billionFF as at 1993. The genesis of the problem of elecricity is not Gej or Obj but is because our country as no plan. Every country plan ahead for an issue like this.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by roxell120(m): 12:00am On Aug 12, 2013
al-qaeda:
How come. Where are those spiders that were shouting 2 weeks ago that they have 24 hours lite. 24 sheets is wat they had. Get it thru ur skulls that 9ja can NEVER and i repeat NEVER have 24 hours lite. Till thy Kingdom come it will never happen.
ur type are in charge of power cos they recite what u just said every morning.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by PECO4KING(m): 12:09am On Aug 12, 2013
guy1234:

Sorry to say this so early on Sunday. U are incorrigibly mad. Instead of u to keep shut at d failings of ur masters u still make excuses.wetin concern apc with no light? You are maaaaad. Maybe u are Jonathan himself ,who knows?

U are so funny. I don laugh my ass for here. The guy na Goat. Abi Goat need power supply.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by akahp(m): 12:12am On Aug 12, 2013
skyfall: What a breath of fresh air
2015 is almost here
Vote for fresh air again and they'll help u drop it to 1000MW

mumu! Na because dey tel u wetn hapen nd simply d ask u 2bear wit dem na im mek u c mouth 2run up nd down. U go tel me in previous administration hw many megawats nigeria don produce nd u go also talk hw many times dem don kom plead wit u on obvious falls of even d litle being generated. Jst because u no lik d man (4no jst cause) u d find al means 2criticise am, mumu. Una no go kary una coconut head go sidon 1place. Bast...ards!! Mitchww
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by PECO4KING(m): 12:28am On Aug 12, 2013
Food no dey,water no dey,our road no good,electricity no dey. ... I can't just remember all the years we have been suffering for all the above mention. How I wish the boko haram and militant dey kill all these bad politicians. He for good.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by akahp(m): 12:35am On Aug 12, 2013
guy1234:

Sorry to say this so early on Sunday. U are incorrigibly mad. Instead of u to keep shut at d failings of ur masters u still make excuses.wetin concern apc with no light? You are maaaaad. Maybe u are Jonathan himself ,who knows?

Mum.u! Na u no get sense here. D previous govts wey b ur masters hw many megawats dem generate giv u nd hw many times dem don kom out tel u wetn hapen if d rate of power suply reduce. If u no get sense u no go go ur house go sufa am alone, no d kary ur mumu d mumu here idiot. U go talk weda na miracle u want meh e hapen 4d power sector xo dat u go get 40,000megawats. D reason wel jor Od.e
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by azibit: 12:54am On Aug 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Power generation level will always fluctuate until we build enough power generation capacity so much so that if there's any short fall in any power plant or gas distribution line, it wouldn't affect the national grid. If Nigeria was generating like 40,000 megawatts, the loss of 2,000 megawatts or so reported on this thread wouldn't have affected the national grid. In fact, nobody would have known as the relevant engineers would have silently sought for the problem and fixed it. The president and his team will continue to do what is HUMANLY possible to ramp up generation capacity. Unfortunately, there are bad elements in the society who continue to sabotage govt's efforts. Nigerians are Nigeria's greatest enemy. People complain of lack of power but at the same time sabotage govt's efforts. These sabotage may even be the handiwork of opposition elements. The govt cannot secure every inch of the gas, crude oil, petroluem products, etc pipelines.

Anyway, as more NIPP and Independent power plants come on stream, the effect of these vandalisms will reduce to the barest minimum.

Meanwhile, has the APC done what is HUMANLY possible in their area of jurisdiction? Where is the 4th Mainland bridge the APC promised Lagosians since the year 2000? Where is the brand new Lekki international Airport promised by the APC in Lagos? How come the APC have still not completed a railway project started by Jakande in the 80's after governing Lagos for 14 solid years? Are vandals also stalling these very important projects?

From all indications, the KIDNAPPER in-charge of Lagos is only busy planting flowers, marking federal roads and collecting tolls.
Who is paying you to say all these. Where is the fresh air Mr President promised. ASUU on strike, MW dropping. is that fresh air. Better pray for a better change for this country
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by HumanPsycho(m): 1:37am On Aug 12, 2013
New York is celebrating a decade without 'six seconds' blackouts
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by 14(m): 2:18am On Aug 12, 2013
This Power thing is gonna catch up with nigeria. You were supposed to be growing by 10%, you are dropping every year by a percentage, this year you might grow by 5 or 6%. Without power, no future no investments.

Who would invest in a country where there is no power, the company will spend all its profits on repairing and servicing big generators.

Good luck guys
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by guy1234: 7:17am On Aug 12, 2013
akah.p:

Mum.u! Na u no get sense here. D previous govts wey b ur masters hw many megawats dem generate giv u nd hw many times dem don kom out tel u wetn hapen if d rate of power suply reduce. If u no get sense u no go go ur house go sufa am alone, no d kary ur mumu d mumu here idiot. U go talk weda na miracle u want meh e hapen 4d power sector xo dat u go get 40,000megawats. D reason wel jor Od.e

I no know say dis madness don spread reach ur life too. Wetin pdp tell us untop power issue in 2009 : 6000 mw by dec 2009. Wetin Jona talk untop power issue last yr: 10000 mw by dec. Shey your papa get light for house as we dey talk? Abi una get light for ur workshop @ d moment. If na beta country, shey ur presido no go don resign with shame by now. U BE CONFIRM MAAADDDDD MAN
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by seaman007: 8:26am On Aug 12, 2013
Human Psycho: New York is celebrating a decade without 'six seconds' blackouts

Dnt go too far
Ordinary ghana nko,
I weep for my country each tyme i read post like this

When are gonna get it right?

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by seaman007: 8:26am On Aug 12, 2013
Human Psycho: New York is celebrating a decade without 'six seconds' blackouts

Dnt go too far
Ordinary ghana nko,
I weep for my country each tyme i read post like this

When are we gonna get it right?
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by aadejesu: 11:46am On Aug 12, 2013
satanist: billions of dollars are pumped into power, yet........[size=15pt]NIGERIA IS DOOMED[/size]
I rebuke that demon spirit in you in Jesus name. NIGERIA IS NOT DOOMED
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Olumidzti(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
al-qaeda:
it will happen but you won't witness it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dipo Anisulowo Debunks Rumour Of His Resignation As Fayose's Chief Of Staff / The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News / 5 Reasons Why Some Nigerians Don’t Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.