Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts (10119 Views)

Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW / Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by SNOWWHITE240(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
other countries are talking abt 40000 mega watts we are stil strugling below 4000mega watts and they call themselves giant of africa

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by seaman007: 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
I came into ghana jus abt 2weeks now.since then
I hav never seen light go off.am yet to hear d sound of a generator
And we claim to be d giant of africa.
I weep for nigeria

Jus becos someone up there is benefiting from the whole mess
Naija i hail thee

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Mojibola(m): 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
when they were generating 4000MW sef...i no see light for my area...as far as i'm concerned, thrz no difference.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by fr3do(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
Tony Spike: I still don't understand why a country like Nigeria is generating less than 5 GW (or 5000 MW). This is theoretically equal to 83 million 60-watts bulbs, which is not enough to go round for 150 million Nigerians. This is rather unfortunate and pathetic. The two cities of Johannesburg and Durban in South Africa alone consume about 4200 MW. Nigeria is on a long thing!!!

#just saying

a single dam,the three-gorges dam in china produces 22.5 gigawatts(22500MW).
One dam!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
....and the Retardeen and retardees around him are clamoring for re-election. We shall see

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by babsomotde(m): 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
Privatisation....I think
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Iykeponti(m): 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
What a co3 grin grin grin
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
prem love: i 've always like ur comment becos u have a strong persuasive comment but on this issue u are just confuse u dont know wat to write rader u are defending rubbish. Even the minister is expressing is disappiontment u are here defending rubbish am disappionted in dis ur comment
I was only responding to someones post. Believe it or not, I was saddened by this report. But the truth is, fellow Nigerians vandalised those pipelines and you and I should also condemn those who continue to sabotage govt's efforts, whether at the state or federal level. All I stand for one this platform is PROGRESS and DEVELOPMENT. My attack on Fashola of late is because of the recent deportation. I'll only cease fire, if the state govt apologises for the thoughtless, illegal and inhumane deportation.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
seaman007: I came into ghana jus abt 2weeks now.since then
I hav never seen light go off.am yet to hear d sound of a generator
And we claim to be d giant of africa.
I weep for nigeria

Jus becos someone up there is benefiting from the whole mess
Naija i hail thee
But Ghana is generating only 2,000MW
http://sweetcrudereports.com/2011/12/16/ghana-targets-5000mw-power-generation/
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by ba7man(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
But Ghana is generating only 2,000MW
http://sweetcrudereports.com/2011/12/16/ghana-targets-5000mw-power-generation/
Ghana shouldn't be our benchmark for any reason.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Pukkah: 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
ba7man: Ghana shouldn't be our benchmark for any reason.

Are you minding them? Of course they know the truth. They're only playing politics of the stomach or 'stomacracy'.

If you see anyone that's hard of hearing on this simple and straight-forward issue of power, it's either he's ignorant or benefitting from the rot.

This is not about PDP or APC.

The request of Nigerians (across all tribes and regions) on this power issue is simple - GIVE US LIGHT; not excuses.

The only people who think differently are those whose stomachs have been stuffed with shameful crumbs.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Iykeponti(m): 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
When we have pple like Yerima, J. Jang on power for so many decades , then what do we intend to archive sad nothing changes until u guys come out nd change things...

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
ba7man: Ghana shouldn't be our benchmark for any reason.
I agree with you. But you should first address the person that used Ghana as example
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Babaji111(m): 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
E wo! Nigerians can never believe this FiDiFi gofmen. Begging Niger and Cameroun for fuel and power when we have enough potentials to feed West Africa. Where is our vision 20-20-20? Are we sleeping, dreaming or completely out of the world? Can someone answer me? angry
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by tyle(m): 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
We do not have light in my area for eight months now. Is it also due to the gas leakage the minister is talking about?
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Iykeponti(m): 3:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
SNOWWHITE240: other countries are talking abt 40000 mega watts we are stil strugling below 4000mega watts and they call themselves giant of africa
maybe we shud call d British back to fix all this wahala smiley not long ago they chased our grandfathers out from d bush... Dat animal mentality stil dey inside their head, if not tell me y after 53yrs of independent we still dey talk of energy matter Rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by oluchiokechi(f): 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
Prof tel dem 2 drop tariff as d MWs ar dropn. PHCN is cheatn us.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by gebest: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
This is gudnews, whenever there is a drop in megawatt power increases in my area. But seriously do we ve power increase b4? is it nt lies they are ve b telling us!.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by seaman007: 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I agree with you. But you should first address the person that used Ghana as example

My brother take it oR leave it
When it comes to power(light)issue
Ghana is far ahead of us.
Am a nigerian and this is my first time visiting ghana
They far ahead.the roads,orderlliness,light,cleanliness.etc
I wud be coming back next week to nigeria

When i see the truth i tell
Our goverment shd forget about what they wud gain and build
Our lovely country 9ja.

Leadership is service to d people
And not a way out of porvety.

If they wanted to serve us then they wud be fight for power

E.g ameachi vs jang,chidi lloyd vs bipi

I pray oneday my country wud be as great as we all want it to be
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by leksgcfr(m): 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
awodman:
In june it dropped to 2,290MW and in August it fell to 2,628..meaning that the fault in June was corrected and definitely this will also be corrected.As long as the current crop of PHCN staffs are still in-charge I doubt if we won't have cases like this re-occurring.

However,am happy that PHCN staffs are currently been paid their severance package and that hopefully by September the private sector guys will take over.Am also happy that before year end at least 7 of the 10 NIPP plants would be on stream thereby making cases like this not to be severe.

I will call all the current govt has done in the power sector a ruse if by next year June I don't see a depature from the old order.As ƒσя now I will continue to be patient with them believing they are on the right path.

I also hold and share your belief. I believe this time next year power should be constantly stabled. If not, I would seize believing any good coming from the stable of the PDP.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Pukkah: 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
What has happened to this promise?

https://www.nairaland.com/1300839/10000-megawatts-generated-dec-fg

Is it not a shame that we are talking of 2,000 or 4,000 megawatts now?

Powers supply has been erratic. System collapse has been frequent.

Yet tariff increase has been constant.

Shame!

Shame on PHCN, the government and those defending them.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by otokx(m): 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
The problem of Nigeria has to do with the bad modelling in the power sector, plants should be built very close to the source of gas with pipelines not exceeding 1km.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Abbott(m): 4:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
They should not be giving excuses in 2013! What sort of people are these!
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by brownlord: 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
.NET:

Hahahahahahaha................................this must be the most hilarious response I've seen here in Recent times ............ Bro, thanks for sharing the Laughter.

.NET

Bros we need it sometimes...UWC
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by donpope1(m): 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
leks-gcfr:

I also hold and share your belief. I believe this time next year power should be constantly stabled. If not, I would seize believing any good coming from the stable of the PDP.
ONLY IF BAD BELLY PEOPLE(APC) GO LET IT HAPPEN.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by donpope1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2013
leks-gcfr:

Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by bigdoo: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
Nigeria is always taking one step forward, then three steps backward. When can we take a step and not be worse than we were before we took the first step?
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by generalJumong1(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
shurlermoz:

So because APC is failing now its cool for PDP to continue in there failure?!
Use Ur brain when next U are responding on this forum, its not good for any party to fail or continue in failure, U can use that to justify for PDP's ineptitude. And if U want us to count †he many ways in which PDP has failed, guy U go tire o.......health, education, security, power, aviation, etc.
. how much were you given for you to be defending issues like this?
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by moshoodn(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
Tony Spike: I still don't understand why a country like Nigeria is generating less than 5 GW (or 5000 MW). This is theoretically equal to 83 million 60-watts bulbs, which is not enough to go round for 150 million Nigerians. This is rather unfortunate and pathetic. The two cities of Johannesburg and Durban in South Africa alone consume about 4200 MW. Nigeria is on a long thing!!!

#just saying

My thoughts exactly... "On the bulb calculation relativity"
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by jedan: 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
The federal government don't seem to have a clue concerning the problems facing power generation. So far it has been a case of 2 steps forward and 5 steps backwards. The president needs to know that his re-election in 2015 is hinged to a large extent on his performance in the area of power generation. He should sit up and deal with issues not minding whose ox is gored in the process.What Nigerians want is results not excuses.

Roger
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by Owilar(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
No nepa light, but there can never be no nepa bill. Poor managerial skills is what killing our country from putting many things in order. Public sector needs to be revamp by letting privatization take over.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 2,628.6 Megawatts by kenjudy(m): 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
Una no even happy say d man even bring out time dey explain to una. Wat if he didn't say anything at all, will u guys kill him? Abeg we know say u get reasonable excuse sir Nedo abi wetin dem call u. Anytime u f**k up just find one stupid excuse give us cos for ur mind u dey see us as stupid ppl abi? Na devil go punish all of una wey dey dat nepa sori phcn! If na to increase d utility rate now excuse no go dey but e don reach to give us d service we pay for, excuse full ur mouth. Yeye fowl! Onye mmuo na-ata-akwu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Civilian JTF Arrests Four Terror Suspects At Maiduguri Motor Park / FG Approves N21bn For Contruction Of Ilorin-kabba Road Project / The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.