Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,915 members, 7,821,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. (14363 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Enegito: 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
Okrika,obio-akpor,Etche,uratta,ikweere,andoni,eleme,ndoni,oyigbo,asa.are all igbos.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Enegito: 8:54pm On Aug 12, 2013
We igbos shud carry our brothers along.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
Enegito: Okrika, obio-akpor,Etche,uratta,ikweere, andoni, eleme, ndoni,oyigbo,asa.are all igbos.
Be warned!
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Enegito: 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
ijaw citizen: Be warned!
you know the truth
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by pistol: 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
Una no dey tire?
Op what's the relevance of this thread?
What do you just hope to achieve?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2013
Enegito: you know the truth
Of course I know the truth which is that you're a thief and a liar! I only wonder what your definition of a "truth" is.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2013
Nna wan begin 2 claim Rivers state again?

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Enegito: 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
what will you do?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by DerideGull(m): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
ijaw citizen: Of course I know the truth which is that you're a thief and a liar! I only wonder what your definition of a "truth" is.

You are a demented dog to insinuate Eleme is not Igbo. Do you know the original name of Eleme? I suggest you inquire from one the Amayenabos in Ijo land such as Tam David-west.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Enegito: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
DerideGull:

You are a demented dog to insinuate Eleme is not Igbo. Do you know the original name of Eleme? I suggest you inquire from one the Amayenabos in Ijo land such as Tam David-west.
pls tell him
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ikweremilitant: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
my frend idnt no ur beaf wit ibos bt i tink ure on d wrong side of d stret.nd if u say okrika are nt ibos,who re dey

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by MeAboki(m): 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
The country has not even split yet some of them have already started seeing their differences, greed and suspicion seemingly taking root, it won't surprise me one day if one of these emerging small banana republics starts calling for protection against some of their greedier (invading) neighbours.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2013
ijaw citizen: Of course I know the truth which is that you're a thief and a liar! I only wonder what your definition of a "truth" is.
Don't you know that Igbo people have their own definitions for truth and "one Nigeria?"

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
ikwere militant: my frend idnt no ur beaf wit ibos bt i tink ure on d wrong side of d stret.nd if u say okrika are nt ibos,who re dey
don't be deceived by that moniker, its the one and only alh harem. A full yoruba man. its their usual divide and rule tactic

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
Attache by force in Action

There are Many Ibos in Kano too Thats why Kano would be part of Biafra

7 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
don't be deceived by that moniker, its the one and only alh harem. A full yoruba man. its their usual divide and rule tactic
Must everybody whose position is different from yours be lebelled Yoruba? Cameroonpride, a Cameroonian became a Yoruba man the day he said Chinua Achebe was not the father of African literature. Berem has been lebelled Yoruba because she supports APC. Rochas Okorocha is now Yoruba because he is in APC.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by zico2(m): 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
If there re many igbo in rivers state,is there anything wrong in it? Lets face the reality, if those igbo want to join biafra republic, they re free to do so. That is not an excuse for igbo to wage war against niger delta if nigeria distingrate as we all assume. Large parts of kwara, kogi and edo re yoruba land and they wl not force them to join if they do not wish. Lets not be sentimental, whatever God wish wl come to pass. Igbo, hausa and yoruba exist before the oil. So lets stop all these fuse and concentrate on how to make our republic better in case of any eventuality. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by classicEntity(m): 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
Pls wats d relevance of his thread eeh? Una go jst dey wan start usless arguement, its nt a hidden truth that there indigeneous Igbo communities in Rivers state such as; ndi-oni/ogba/egbema lga, ikwerre, etche, omumma, obigbo, obio/akpor, emuoha, ahoada east nd west, half of port harcourt lga. All these groups knw hu they are nd we knw them too, so no need of reminding us nah, na wa oo

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Ikengawo: 11:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Rivers is an Igbo state. I don't see where Ijaws get the nerve to start making claim to a state dominated by numerically and governed historically and currently by Igbos. If Port Harcourt (Igwe Ocha) isn't igbo water isn't wet

3 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by AndreUweh(m): 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
Poster, Eleme, Andoni and Okrika are not Igbo. Eleme is Ogoni, Andoni and Okrika are Kalabaris.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
Enegito: Okrika,obio-akpor,Etche,uratta,ikweere,andoni,eleme,ndoni,oyigbo,asa.are all igbos.
Is this a joke?
Okrika has never been Igbo. NEVER

We are Ijaw forever....

4 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
Andre Uweh: Poster, Eleme, Andoni and Okrika are not Igbo. Eleme is Ogoni, Andoni and Okrika are Kalabaris.
My friend stfu. Who are you? What Kingdom are you from? Okrika is NEVER Kalabari. Okrika is a Kingdom within the Ijaw Nation standing on its own so is Kalabari and others.

STOP spewing rubbish.
You are neither Okrikan nor a Kalabari. No Ijaw man will type what you wrote.

Ifianfi....Taaah...get away you...

Proudly Okrika
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
DerideGull:

but seriously are you guys insane? When has eleme become Igbo? Now I understand why Biafra failed. Your soldiers tried similar tactics in Ijawland but were roundly defeated.
In Okrika, we know our history....

I speak as the grandson of one who head a canoe house.
I speak as the nephew of the voice of Koni-ama
I speak as a true son of Owoi Compound in Awolombiri...
I speak as an Okrikan freeborn whose origin has no coma
I speak as an Ijaw
We Okrikans have NEVER been igbo...

And we will never be.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
This thread looks suspicious.what it the intent for starting this thread?

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by hardniola(m): 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
dis pipo nd wahala....thief thief want annex ijaw land,leave dis pipo alone.if u want ur biafra u can have it now or never.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ofcourse igbos are much in rivers, am in omoku, oneLga nw, and it is igbo they speak.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 13, 2013
ikwere militant: my frend idnt no ur beaf wit ibos bt i tink ure on d wrong side of d stret.nd if u say okrika are nt ibos,who re dey

Very Ignorant nitwit...
Go get some cultural education
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: Ofcourse igbos are much in rivers, am in omoku, oneLga nw, and it is igbo they speak.
in Omoku you call your king OBA..true or false? Your Oba dresses like the Oba of Benin, true or false?

My pal from Omoku said you guys are more tilted to benin....

((Well that is ur business. You are not Ijaw, SIMPlLE))
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 13, 2013
hardniola: dis pipo nd wahala....thief thief want annex ijaw land,leave dis pipo alone.if u want ur biafra u can have it now or never.
My dear these guys are seriously making me lose respect for the igbo tribe.

All these rubbish they spew online the CAN'T try it in any part of Ijawland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by hardniola(m): 12:11am On Oct 13, 2013
barcanista dont mind dat nick-ikwere militant dat guy is from Abia--state.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 13, 2013
Igbo are in rivers just as hausa are in kano and yoruba are in ekiti.some of these threads are unnecessary.Its clear that imposters from the southwest are not happy to see any sign of peace and inter-ethnic harmony in the former eastern region,but all these online activities by imposters claiming to be ijaw,igbo and other southsouth tribes with the intent to cause ethnic strife between Igbo and neighboring tribes is an exercise in futility.
customized13: Ofcourse igbos are much in rivers, am in omoku, oneLga nw, and it is igbo they speak.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by donphilopus: 12:13am On Oct 13, 2013
barcanista: but seriously are you guys insane? When has eleme become Igbo? Now I understand why Biafra failed. Your soldiers tried similar tactics in Ijawland but were roundly defeated.
In Okrika, we know our history....

I speak as the grandson of one who head a canoe house.
I speak as the nephew of the voice of Koni-ama
I speak as a true son of Owoi Compound in Awolombiri...
I speak as an Okrikan freeborn whose origin has no coma
I speak as an Ijaw
We Okrikans have NEVER been igbo...

And we will never be.....
Guy why vexing na?
I thought you were an afficionado of Biafra na, I never knew you were not

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni, Ugandan President Meet Over Socio-Economic Development In Africa / Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others / Eri Kingdom Celebrates Eri Festival (olili Eri)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.