Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. (14359 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:59am On Oct 13, 2013
DerideGull:

Above is arrant nonsense. Ngwu Nwagadi Umunneoha founded Isiokpo the capital of so-called Ikwerre LGA. I guess you know the connotation of Isiokpo. You can see the betrayal artists could not change Isiokpo to RuIsiokpo. The real name is not Ikwerre. Ikwerre is a bastardize name and Ihwuoruoha is a coinage borne out of idiocy.
Must you always attach? Would you then say Opobo is part of Igboland because the first Jaja was an Igbo slave that later became a trader?

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 13, 2013
And it came to pass...

Biafra fell even before it was actualized.

Ikwere , Ijaw and Igbos fighting already grin grin

3 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by DerideGull(m): 7:02am On Oct 13, 2013
peleson:
Okrika,eleme,andoni are not igbos period!

On Eleme being Igbo or not, you can inquire from Tam David-West about his encounter with the people of Eleme. By the way, Eleme is not the cultural name of the people.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by DerideGull(m): 7:05am On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Must you always attach? Would you then say Opobo is part of Igboland because the first Jaja was an Igbo slave that later became a trader?

A moronic jackass such as you must realize the name is not Opobo.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:07am On Oct 13, 2013
DerideGull:

Foolish fool, Ijo is not an ethnic group. It was Portuguese’s coinage that gave rise to the word-Ijo.
With the way you curse, I always wonder how childish an old man like you have become. The names of some of the ethnic groups in Nigeria were corrupted. Ijaw, or Ijow as the Europeans call them, is originally Izon; they call Igbo, Ibo; they call Ijebu, Jebu, etc.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:10am On Oct 13, 2013
DerideGull:

On Eleme being Igbo or not, you can inquire from Tam David-West about his encounter with the people of Eleme. By the way, Eleme is not the cultural name of the people.
The same Tam David-West that you will later curse when he says what you do not expect, like you have done to other people?

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by stebell(m): 7:17am On Oct 13, 2013
I laff anytime I come across threads like this in dis forum. Like seriously, yu peeps claiming Rivers is Ibo or Ijaws are Ibos must be de most daft peeps I've come across.
Hv yu ever wonder or ask why yu Ibos lost de Biafra/Naija war?
Don't worry I'll open another thread and we all will discuss it.
@ Ikwerre militant, I don't blame yu.

Ijaw citizen I see yu. Keep de gud works
Not forgetting Barcanista.

Long live Ijaw Republic
Long live Rivers/Bayelsa State
Long live Niger Delta
Long live Naija

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by DerideGull(m): 7:18am On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
With the way you curse, I always wonder how childish an old man like you have become. The names of some of the ethnic groups in Nigeria were corrupted. Ijaw, or Ijow as the Europeans call them, is originally Izon; they call Igbo, Ibo; they call Ijebu, Jebu, etc.

There was no such a thing as Izon. It is a delight of deluded revisionists such as you. There were jackasses such as you that doubted Yari,ba, Yoo,ba and Yoro.ba for Yoruba. I curse because I have zero tolerance for imbecilic dingbats hoping to takeover NL.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by peleson: 7:22am On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Ofcos! Nobody can call Opobo Kingdom igbo. Opobo is more ijaw. Igbani clan of Ijawland.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2013
DerideGull:

Tam David West a Kalabari Man now speaks on behalf of Eleme people? Take a trip to rivers state and get enlightenment.

I'm in support of a Biafra Republic AS long as the Igbos don't make a re-attempt to force "any part" of Ijawland into the partnership.

The attempt failed...
Any further attempt will definitely fail

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by DerideGull(m): 7:32am On Oct 13, 2013
barcanista: Tam David West a Kalabari Man now speaks on behalf of Eleme people? Take a trip to rivers state and get enlightenment.

I'm in support of a Biafra Republic AS long as the Igbos don't make a re-attempt to force "any part" of Ijawland into the partnership.

The attempt failed...
Any further attempt will definitely fail

As a Nigerian minister, Tam David-West had an encounter of protocol with people of Eleme and it was an experience rather felt than described.

I can not guess your biological age but hope you realized that no single ethnic group in Nigeria will cross warpath with Ndigbo and survive to tell the story.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:38am On Oct 13, 2013
DerideGull:

There was no such a thing as Izon. It is a delight of deluded revisionists such as you. There were jackasses such as you that doubted Yari,ba, Yoo,ba and Yoro.ba for Yoruba. I curse because I have zero tolerance for imbecilic dingbats hoping to takeover NL.
It is now obvious that those shrapnels that got into your skull during the Civil War are now disturbing you.

4 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2013
barcanista: in Omoku you call your king OBA..true or false? Your Oba dresses like the Oba of Benin, true or false?

My pal from Omoku said you guys are more tilted to benin....

((Well that is ur business. You are not Ijaw, SIMPlLE))
omoku are igbo people influenced wt benin culture, jst like the ekpeyes. The bottom line is dat they speak and understand igbo, wch is thr local language.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Waspy(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2013
Whoever OPed this thread made a wrong mistake....Igbos shld be building bridges not burning them.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2013
barcanista: You are an 1d1ot....

Anyway, pls schedule a visit to Okrika, I will personally take you to our Amayanabo, say to him that Okrika and Igbos are one and see whether you will leave the palace alive.

If you still doubt me, PM me.
okrika, eleme and tai isn't igbo, I cn remember acting a drama in nysc camp then (nonwa gbam tai LGA) and the king wz ascribed the name amayanabo bt etche, oyigbo, onelga(ogba, ndoni and egbema) are igbos and they are proud of been igbos, the ikwerres are igbos dat are claiming 2 be autonomous. The ekpeye of ahoda is also an igbo clan influenced wt benin culture, bt they speak igbo, I dnt know y we are arguing all this shit.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 13, 2013
Bright2: The Ikwerre founding father is called Ihwuoruoha! That name is never an Igbo name, let the people be where God asked them to be & stop this tribal kidnapp! That we speaks english in Nigeria doesn't make us Britainian.
who told u dat name is nt igbo?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
The question is, are these said Igbo in Rivers State willing to join Biafra? No!
hw do u kw dey aren't willing 2 join, all of them dnt thnk like the ikwerres. Only the ikwerre igbo isn't willing 2 join biafra. They are very proud of being igbos.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:28am On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: hw do u kw dey aren't willing 2 join, all of them dnt thnk like the ikwerres. Only the ikwerre igbo isn't willing 2 join biafra. They are very proud of being igbos.
I had both primary and secondary education among Ikwerre people, the hate Igbo with passion.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 13, 2013
You cant be sure that the op is Igbo;there are many tribal imposters in nairaland,thats the point iv been trying to pass across.
Waspy: Whoever OPed this thread made a wrong mistake....Igbos shld be building bridges not burning them.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I had both primary and secondary education among Ikwerre people, the hate Igbo with passion.
jst carefully read my post, dnt act as if u didn't attend secondary and primary sch, I said only the ikwerres deny 2 be igbos, am in omoku nw, they are proud igbos, even the oyigbos wants 2 join thr ndoki igbo fellows of abia state, an etche man wil tel u he is igbo, y are u killing ursef over anoda persons issue. Mind ur own biz.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Afam4eva(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2013
Enegito: Okrika,obio-akpor,Etche,uratta,ikweere,andoni,eleme,ndoni,oyigbo,asa.are all igbos.
Let me repair your ignorance. Okrika is not Igbo though has some Igbo elements. It's more Ijoid than it can ever be Igbo. Eleme is one of the units that make up Ogoni. Others are Khana, Gokhana, Tai. Andoni is also not Igbo.

I'm not even sure you're Igbo. You created this thread to plan a seed of discord.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: jst carefully read my post, dnt act as if u didn't attend secondary and primary sch, I said only the ikwerres deny 2 be igbos, am in omoku nw, they are proud igbos, even the oyigbos wants 2 join thr ndoki igbo fellows of abia state, an etche man wil tel u he is igbo, y are u killing ursef over anoda persons issue. Mind ur own biz.
LoL...don't mind dz half yoruba.half Ediot...lol'''dats claiming Itsekiri... Look at how sweet Igbo affairs is to them...lol''' how many Igbo's do u see going around Nairaland checking if Ijebu is Yoruba or not,,,Or if Ilaje is Yoruba or Ijaw...lol'''

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
Let me repair your ignorance. Okrika is not Igbo though has some Igbo elements. It's more Ijoid than it can ever be Igbo. Eleme is one of the units that make up Ogoni. Others are Khana, Gokhana, Tai. Andoni is also not Igbo.

I'm not even sure you're Igbo. You created this thread to plan a seed of discord.
yeah, I dnt thnk he is igbo, cos an igboman will kw dat eleme and okrika aint igbos. Ikwerre is stil debatable.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by gregg2: 8:59am On Oct 13, 2013
[b]This thread is suspicious. Some peeps are not comfortable with the unity between South South and South East and are using phony monikers to spread hate. Moderators ban this thread.

This thread is suspicious. Some peeps are not comfortable with the unity between South South and South East and are using phony monikers to spread hate. Moderators ban this thread.

This thread is suspicious. Some peeps are not comfortable with the unity between South South and South East and are using phony monikers to spread hate. Moderators ban this thread.

[/b]
[b]This thread is suspicious. Some peeps are not comfortable with the unity between South South and South East and are using phony monikers to spread hate. Moderators ban this thread.

[/b]

[/b]

[/b]

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 13, 2013
What of D Ibani-Igbo's
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by DoffMan2: 10:34am On Oct 13, 2013
Afam4eva:

It never ceases to amaze me how easily people on nairaland are deceived?!! I would go as far as to say that the person who opened this thread is YORUBA,
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by revolt(m): 10:51am On Oct 13, 2013
I'm a full nwafor, I grew up in ph! The ikwerres are igbos wif identity crises, so are the omokus etc but the okrikas and eleme ARE not igbo. They intermarried a lot with igbos thus most of their parents can speak igbo but they're not igbo. Andoni isn't igbo! Whoever started this threAd is tryna set us against ourselves. Portharcourt is not ijawland in anyway. Its more of ikwerre land(igwe ocha). All this rumu this and tht is only valid in naming roads but when they speak the rumu would sound really stupid(lol). Let's dump this issue and move on joor.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 13, 2013
D rumu stuff is actually derived frm umu, wch mean children in igbo, thr is a place called umuola in abia (rumuola in ph), rumuokoro is jst umuokoro, rumuji is jst umuji, so y kill ourselves over rubbish. Ogbunabali area in ph simply means "sm1 dat kills in d nite" in igbo. Rumuodumaya is simply umuodumaya. Evry igbo kws wot obio akpo means in igbo. Y do u sm people kill themselves over stupid issues they kw nthng abt, most people posting rubbish here hv nt been 2 ikwerrelabnd b4. Okrika and eleme isn't igbo.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:48am On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: jst carefully read my post, dnt act as if u didn't attend secondary and primary sch, I said only the ikwerres deny 2 be igbos, am in omoku nw, they are proud igbos, even the oyigbos wants 2 join thr ndoki igbo fellows of abia state, an etche man wil tel u he is igbo, y are u killing ursef over anoda persons issue. Mind ur own biz.
I've lived with these people you mentioned, they have being called Igbo.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:53am On Oct 13, 2013
lygn19: What of D Ibani-Igbo's
Shut up. Very soon you will start claiming Ladipo and Alaba markets in Lagos; Ikoku and Anyama markets in Port-Harcourt are part of Biafra.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Shut up. Very soon you will start claiming Ladipo and Alaba markets in Lagos; Ikoku and Anyama markets in Port-Harcourt are part of Biafra.
LOL...b4 u no knw?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
LOL...b4 u no knw?...half yoruba/half Ediot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni, Ugandan President Meet Over Socio-Economic Development In Africa / Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others / Eri Kingdom Celebrates Eri Festival (olili Eri)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.