Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. (14362 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:56am On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: D rumu stuff is actually derived frm umu, wch mean children in igbo, thr is a place called umuola in abia (rumuola in ph), rumuokoro is jst umuokoro, rumuji is jst umuji, so y kill ourselves over rubbish. Ogbunabali area in ph simply means "sm1 dat kills in d nite" in igbo. Rumuodumaya is simply umuodumaya. Evry igbo kws wot obio akpo means in igbo. Y do u sm people kill themselves over stupid issues they kw nthng abt, most people posting rubbish here hv nt been 2 ikwerrelabnd b4. Okrika and eleme isn't igbo.
It's unfortunate you don't know the places that make up the original Port-Harcourt.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Shut up. Very soon you will start claiming Ladipo and Alaba markets in Lagos; Ikoku and Anyama markets in Port-Harcourt are part of Biafra.
orlando, whr do u stay in ph? Jst ur area nt ur street. If u are wise anof, u wil know dat anyama is an igbo word, ikoku is also an igbo word. Y do u want 2 kill ur sef.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: orlando, whr do u stay in ph? Jst ur area nt ur street. If u are wise anof, u wil know dat anyama is an igbo word, ikoku is also an igbo word. Y do u want 2 kill ur sef.
Don't waste ur time,,,its only when a place bears Eko,or Agege, or Ijebu or slum capital that he understands.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
It's unfortunate you don't know the places that make up the original Port-Harcourt.
who is arguing abt ph, am arguing abt ikwerreland. Umudioga and ubu mini after elele both ikwerreland has igbo names. U are jst a visitor here. U dnt kw anythng.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
DerideGull:

As a Nigerian minister, Tam David-West had an encounter of protocol with people of Eleme and it was an experience rather felt than described.

I can not guess your biological age but hope you realized that no single ethnic group in Nigeria will cross warpath with Ndigbo and survive to tell the story.
Yet Adaka Boro the Great single-handedly drove the entire Biafran army out of Ijawland. Imagine what a combined Ijaw army would do to you.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
Let me repair your ignorance. Okrika is not Igbo though has some Igbo elements. It's more Ijoid than it can ever be Igbo. Eleme is one of the units that make up Ogoni. Others are Khana, Gokhana, Tai. Andoni is also not Igbo.

I'm not even sure you're Igbo. You created this thread to plan a seed of discord.
Afam4eva, prove your sanity by telling us about the "Igbo elements" in Okrika.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
lygn19: What of D Ibani-Igbo's
No be only D Ibani-Igbos, Na D'banj-Igbo. Remember D'banj's song #Igwe! #Igwe, Ebube dike, D'banja na garan.......Yeah, thats D'banj Igbo.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
@ Barcanista

Pls don't engage them when they claim other people's territory whether Ikwerre or Eleme, let the natives of those places come to defend themselves. Even if they dubiously rewrite the history of these places against your well informed opinion, let them be. It is not Ijaw's business.

Engage only when their madness is directed towards Ijaw affairs, else they are really not worth the efforts and corrections.

Also, whenever they talk about Port Harcourt, just assume they are talking about the equally landlocked Ikwerre areas. We know what Port Harcourt is, they think PH is Obio Akpor & Ikwerre LGA.

Don't just sweat it, they don't deserve the effort.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: orlando, whr do u stay in ph? Jst ur area nt ur street. If u are wise anof, u wil know dat anyama is an igbo word, ikoku is also an igbo word. Y do u want 2 kill ur sef.
If those places in Port-Harcourt bear Igbo names and you label them Igbo, would you then say Adelabu opposite, Young Shall Grow Motors, in a Yoruba street?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
If those places in Port-Harcourt bear Igbo names and you label them Igbo, would you then say Adelabu opposite, Young Shall Grow Motors, in a Yoruba street?
According to their logic, Olu Obasanjo road should be Yoruba territory.

And By the way, Anyama is Ijaw not Igbo.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
ijaw citizen: Yet Adaka Boro the Great single-handedly drove the entire Biafran army out of Ijawland. Imagine what a combined Ijaw army would do to you.
I just dae laff...lol''' I don't want d Igbo's and Ijaws to fight any further wars,,, I just want peace,,,but if really u re dz boastful- then we look forward to that day.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
ijaw citizen: Afam4eva, prove your sanity by telling us about the "Igbo elements" in Okrika.
He will tell you Shepopotamus is Igbo and from Okrika.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
lygn19:
I just dae laff...lol''' I don't want d Igbo's and Ijaws to fight any further wars,,, I just want peace,,,but if really u re dz boastful- then we look forward to that day.
That is a fair challenge, I'm most definitely looking forward to that day too.

What your forefathers could not venture for good reasons which you've failed to inquire towards, is what you want to dare. I hope their spirit reach out to you in your dreams before you reach your deserved waterloo.

Hey!
Adaka Boro kpo emi!

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
u are very naïve abt thngs, dnt u kw d different btw a street and area, adelabu is a street, ogbunabali, rumuigbo, diobu, rumukwurusi etc are areas with lots of streets. its like victoria island, whr u hv ahmadu bello(hausa) way and ozumba mbadiwe(igbo), take ibadan as example mokola, bodija, dugbe, oremeji and agbowo are all area wt lots streets. Amuzukwu area in umuahia has obafemi awolowo road. Street are name afta people bt area is name frm origin. Hope u undastnd.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by nduchucks: 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
These issues must be hashed out before/during and after the national conference o. Otherwise wahala dey afterwards.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
ijaw citizen: That is a fair challenge, I'm most definitely looking forward to that day too.

What your forefathers could not venture for good reasons which you've failed to inquire towards, is what you want to dare. I hope their spirit reach out to you in your dreams before you reach your deserved waterloo.

Hey!
Adaka Boro kpo emi!
LoL... I hope after d war happens, d nxt generation of Ijaw citizen monikers won't come to Nairaland and start crying abt how d Igbo's invaded Ijaw land and der attrocities...lol
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: u are very naïve abt thngs, dnt u kw d different btw a street and area, adelabu is a street, ogbunabali, rumuigbo, diobu, rumukwurusi etc are areas with lots of streets. its like victoria island, whr u hv ahmadu bello(hausa) way and ozumba mbadiwe(igbo), take ibadan as example mokola, bodija, dugbe, oremeji and agbowo are all area wt lots streets. Amuzukwu area in umuahia has obafemi awolowo road. Street are name afta people bt area is name frm origin. Hope u undastnd.
Y re u wasting ur time with that half yoruba/half idiot... He stays in ph, if he knows he's brave and der re no Igbo's in ph,let dz omo yoruba come let's enter etche,then let him mention all dz tins he is ranting here and watch if Aluu4 won't repeat itself in Etche...lol

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: u are very naïve abt thngs, dnt u kw d different btw a street and area, adelabu is a street, ogbunabali, rumuigbo, diobu, rumukwurusi etc are areas with lots of streets. its like victoria island, whr u hv ahmadu bello(hausa) way and ozumba mbadiwe(igbo), take ibadan as example mokola, bodija, dugbe, oremeji and agbowo are all area wt lots streets. Amuzukwu area in umuahia has obafemi awolowo road. Street are name afta people bt area is name frm origin. Hope u undastnd.
Y re u wasting ur time with that half yoruba/half idiot... He stays in ph, if he knows he's brave and der re no Igbo's in the southsouth/rivers state,let dz omo yoruba come let's enter etche,then let him mention all dz tins he is ranting here and watch if Aluu4 won't repeat itself in Etche...lol
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
So because Igbo dominate the areas and they bear Igbo names make them their heritage? You're big fool. Is Gambia also part of the north, as it is dominated by Hausa people? Is Ijaw Quarter an ancestral home of the Ijaw people?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
lygn19:
Y re u wasting ur time with that half yoruba/half idiot... He stays in ph, if he knows he's brave and der re no Igbo's in ph,let dz omo yoruba come let's enter etche,then let him mention all dz tins he is ranting here and watch if Aluu4 won't repeat itself in Etche...lol
Must you always attach yourself to others. FYI I do visit Chokocho in Etche.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Must you always attach yourself to others. FYI I do visit Chokocho in Etche.
LoL...which tribe am I attaching myself to if I might ask?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
So because Igbo dominate the areas and they bear Igbo names make them their heritage? You're big fool. Is Gambia also part of the north, as it is dominated by Hausa people? Is Ijaw Quarter an ancestral home of the Ijaw people?
I won't argue it if dey tel me u are in secondary skul, infact u must be a dull secondary skul studnt, u hv a low level of understanding, urs is the height of naivety, it can't get worse. With all dis explanation, u dnt still understand whr am goin 2.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: I won't argue it if dey tel me u are in secondary skul, infact u must be a dull secondary skul studnt, u hv a low level of understanding, urs is the height of naivety, it can't get worse. With all dis explanation, u dnt still understand whr am goin 2.
LoL...don't get so angry easily, Nairaland is not d real world,he knows d truth he just wants to catch sm fun...lol
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
lygn19:
LoL...don't get so angry easily, Nairaland is not d real world,he knows d truth he just wants to catch sm fun...lol
am not getting angry oooo, bt the guy is jst 2 dull 2 learn and I dnt like dull people.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: I won't argue it if dey tel me u are in secondary skul, infact u must be a dull secondary skul studnt, u hv a low level of understanding, urs is the height of naivety, it can't get worse. With all dis explanation, u dnt still understand whr am goin 2.
I should have known you are big foöl, on account of you logic, before engaging you.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I should have known you are big foöl, on account of you logic, before engaging you.
I should have known you are a half Yoruba/half Ediot b4 engaging u.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
he evn insults like a dull secondary studnt. Lol
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
lygn19:
I should have known you are a half Yoruba/half Ediot b4 engaging u.
I'm not refering to you, though you are worse.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: he evn insults like a dull secondary studnt. Lol
You need to work on your logic. It is poor.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
You need to work on your logic. It is poor.
I know its poor, bt It made you completely lost, u cnt even understand a poor logic, I wonder wot will happen when u see a rich logic. U cnt comprehend dat poor logic bro, jst accept shamefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
ijaw citizen: According to their logic, Olu Obasanjo road should be Yoruba territory.

And By the way, Anyama is Ijaw not Igbo.
olu obasanjo is a way and nt an area, its jst a road leading u 2 aba road, we also hv olu obasanjo way in uyo, atiku abubakar way also bt do we hv yoruba or hausa named areas in ph or uyo? Nw tel me d meaning of anyama in ijaw and I wil tel u d meaning in igbo, u won't tell me ikoku is also ijaw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: olu obasanjo is a way and nt an area, its jst a road leading u 2 aba road, we also hv olu obasanjo way in uyo, atiku abubakar way also bt do we hv yoruba or hausa named areas in ph or uyo? Nw tel me d meaning of anyama in ijaw and I wil tel u d meaning in igbo, u won't tell me ikoku is also ijaw.
Not only that, we Igbo's have said it b4 that ph is Igboland and that it wz once called Igweocha,,,pls we wud also like him to tell us what ph wz called b4 it wz renamed to port harcourt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni, Ugandan President Meet Over Socio-Economic Development In Africa / Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others / Eri Kingdom Celebrates Eri Festival (olili Eri)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.