Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. (14330 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
They don't call themselves Igbo. I had an Ikwerre neighbour who said she preferred an Ibibio being president to Igbo.

My question to you, why was Elechi Amadi, Nwanodi, Ntia and other Ikwerre men that clamoured for the creation of Rivers State were hunted during the war by Biafra? It shows that Ikwerre people's hatred for Igbo started before the war.

You see the problem with most blacks is the inability to read and know. Elechi Amadi and co were on Biafran side and switched side because they knew Biafra would lose. The Biafran soldiers haunted everyone against secession including people from Southeast. Igbos suffered more in the hands of Biafran soldiers than the minorities but because of war propaganda, lies have been persistently told about how all Igbos unanimously connived to do things. In Igbo heartland, people were hiding their young children from Biafran soldiers who were forcing young men to fight against their own wish.

It was Eze Oriji that actually connived with some riverine people and tricked Ikwerres into joining the proposed Rivers State. The Ikwerres rejected it earlier.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 15, 2013
Actually, Elechi Amadi was on the side of Nigeria from the start. But I see ur point on Okrika-Igbo relations.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 9:05am On Oct 15, 2013
Radoillo: Actually, Elechi Amadi was on the side of Nigeria from the start. But I see ur point on Okrika-Igbo relations.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2766511-sunset-in-biafra

Look at what Elechi Amadi wrote at the back of his book. I'm sure that in later editions, it would have been modified and they will claim Igbos wrote it on his behalf and he later corrected it.

Elechi Amadi was born in Aluu (near Port Harcourt), in the Delta region of Eastern Nigeria, into an Ibo family, representing a minority nation (tribe), the Ikwere. He studied at the Government College in Umuahia, and like other major Nigerian writers, he was educated at the University College of Ibadan.

http://www.elechiamadi.s5.com/about.html

This one is from his official website. He was the principal of Asa grammar school near Aba between 1967 and 1968. I believe that should be in Biafra during the war.

>Former East Regional Government of Nigeria.                 
      Land Surveyor (1959 - 1960)

>>Physics/Maths teacher in several schools 
      (1960 - 1963)

>>Asa Grammar School.                                        
     Principal (1967 - 1968)

>>Rivers State Government
    Permanent Secretary  (1973 - 1983)

He actually joined the Nigerian side after Port-Harcourt was captured .
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 15, 2013
Well, I don't know the exact time he joined (or re-enlisted in) the Nigerian army; but he was never a Biafran soldier as you seem to suggest. That's what I'm saying.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 15, 2013
Radoillo: Well, I don't know the exact time he joined (or re-enlisted in) the Nigerian army; but he was never a Biafran soldier as you seem to suggest. That's what I'm saying.
Can u quote where he said he wz enlisted as a soldier in d Biafran side?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by revolt(m): 9:26am On Oct 15, 2013
ijaw citizen: For some reasons you think everyone just as foolish as you are. What is my business with Ikwerre (Igwe ocha), Obigbo, Ndoni & Etche?

What do you even know about "equity". You came around our lands acting like slaves; harmless & dumb people, now Okrika and Eastern Ijaws are "half Igbos" because of inter-marriage.

Probably, Nupes are half Igbos too since IBB's wife is from Igboland. I'm sure a lot of places too have become "half Igbos" since a lot of non-Igbo people have had Igbo wives.

Half brains at work here!
ure a poor comprehensive student! I can comftably say ure logorrhean. Since u claimed we chnged the names but u lousily evade my question. Wht were their fornmer names naaaaaa
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo:

Elechi Amadi and co were on Biafran side[b][/b] and switched side because they knew Biafra would lose.

I guess I mis-read this to mean he fought for Biafra. My bad.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:29am On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo:

You see the problem with most blacks is the inability to read and know. Elechi Amadi and co fought on Biafran side and switched side because they knew Biafra would lose. The Biafran soldiers haunted everyone against secession including people from Southeast. Igbos suffered more in the hands of Biafran soldiers than the minorities but because of war propaganda, lies have been persistently told about how all Igbos unanimously connived to do things. In Igbo heartland, people were hiding their young children from Biafran soldiers who were forcing young men to fight against their own wish.

It was Eze Oriji that actually connived with some riverine people and tricked Ikwerres into joining the proposed Rivers State. The Ikwerres rejected it earlier.
I wasn't told any propaganda but drawing from what I read in Elechi Amadi's book, Sunset in Biafra, which I have with me here. Elechi Amadi and other minorities in the defunct Eastern Region had been against Biafra from the onset. Hear Elechi Amadi in pages 20 and 21:
"Since many communities from the minority areas had made it clear that they wanted states created, it was assumed, not without some logic, that if there were saboteurs they were likely to be drawn from the minority groups. . .Anonymous letters were sent to the Directorate of Military Intelligence and mass arrests began. Very little investigation was carried out, and no wonder, for for the poor devils must have had more reports than they could handle. Detension camps sprang up all over the region, and the inmates were mostly people from the minority groups.

"Who were the minority groups? In what is now the Southestern State we have Efik, Ibibio, Annang, Ogoja and Ekoi tribes. The tribes in the present Rivers State are more numerous, smaller and weaker politically. They are: Ijaw, Kalabari, Okrika, Ogoni, Etche, Ekpeye, Engenni, Abua, Ogba, Egbema, and Ikwere (sic) - to which I belong. . .

"In the Rivers State, Kalabari, Ijaw and Okrika have a common linguistic root. Ogoni is distinct and so is Abuo, though the latter has few links with the Ijaw group of languages. The languages of the other tribes have, again, a common root.

"Some thirty years ago the Ibos (sic) began to move in to trade in the riverine areas. Eventually many settled and by sheer force of numbers began to dominate the smaller tribes. Igbo came to be so widely used that certain tribes practically lost their mother tongue. It is a fact that one or two riverine tribes can hardly speak their own language now, and have to make do with a peculiar Igbo pidgin highly amusing to to the Ibos (sic). . ."

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by revolt(m): 9:29am On Oct 15, 2013
My name is elechi amadi! I'm not igbo. Isn't it so dumb wen they deny their ethnicity. ELECHI N AMADI, hian
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:34am On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo:

Look at what Elechi Amadi wrote at the back of his book. I'm sure that in later editions, it would have been modified and they will claim Igbos wrote it on his behalf and he later corrected it.

This one is from his official website. He was the principal of Asa grammar school near Aba between 1967 and 1968. I believe that should be in Biafra during the war.

Elechi Amadi was frustrated during the war in Asa Grammar School, that he started using his Volkswagen Bettle as a mobile house.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Elechi Amadi was frustrated during the war in Asa Grammar School, that he started using his Volkswagen Bettle as a mobile house.

Lol. War is not a good thing and most medium income and learned people did not want war but they were over-powered by the majority that wanted it. What Elechi Amadi wrote about himself is true about Ikwerre as a group. Ikwerres are simply a distinct Igbo group detached from the larger Igbo and with a distinct version of Igbo language. The difference between what he wrote then and what he later wrote in "Sunset in Biafra" is that he made outright denial of links with Igbo in the later book.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:48am On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo:

Elechi Amadi has always been in support of the Federal Forces from the start. He only went into hiding when he and other Ikwerre men that clamoured for the creation of Rivers State were being hunted. He was in the compound of St. Cybrian Church when Port- Harcourt fell into the hands of the Federal Forces led by Benjamin Adekunle. Adekunle, a friend of his in the army before he retired as a captain in November 1965, then gave him the job of briefing the brigade commander on the geography of the are.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 10:01am On Oct 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Elechi Amadi has always been in support of the Federal Forces from the start. He only went into hiding when he and other Ikwerre men that clamoured for the creation of Rivers State were being hunted. He was in the compound of St. Cybrian Church when Port- Harcourt fell into the hands of the Federal Forces led by Benjamin Adekunle. Adekunle, a friend of his in the army before he retired as a captain in November 1965, then gave him the job of briefing the brigade commander on the geography of the are.

Elechi Amadi didn't clamour for creation of Rivers State. He only supported its creation. Ikwerres were against creation of Rivers State with Ikwerre inclusive. In fact what delayed the creation of Rivers State was Port-Harcourt's strategic interest which involved a buffer region of Okrika/Ikwerre or Ijaw/Igbo with none claiming outright ownership. It was after Eze Oriji(RIP) was convinced by some Okrika and Ijaw Chiefs and him being an Ikwerre nationalist felt Ikwerres had better interest in the Rivers joined them to Lagos and told Gowon that Ikwerres were distinct from the core Igbos and were ready to be in same State with other groups that Gowon accepted creating Rivers State. It is always good not to twist history.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 10:04am On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo:

You see the problem with most blacks is the inability to read and know. Elechi Amadi and co were on Biafran side and switched side because they knew Biafra would lose. The Biafran soldiers haunted everyone against secession including people from Southeast. Igbos suffered more in the hands of Biafran soldiers than the minorities but because of war propaganda, lies have been persistently told about how all Igbos unanimously connived to do things. In Igbo heartland, people were hiding their young children from Biafran soldiers who were forcing young men to fight against their own wish.
After an age long denial, Abagworo became the first Igbo man who admitted atrocities by Biafra soldier but as expected of the Igbo hypocritical ways, the victims were the Igbos "Igbos suffered more".

I won't say much. But for this slight tilt towards truth, may God bless you. I'm sure you have also been relieved slightly of the heavy burdens of lies, falsehood & denial by admiting to a very slight truth. More to come, more improvements expected.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 10:11am On Oct 15, 2013
ijaw citizen: After an age long denial, Abagworo became the first Igbo man who admitted atrocities by Biafra soldier but as expected of the Igbo hypocritical ways, the victims were the Igbos "Igbos suffered more".

I won't say much. But for this slight tilt towards truth, may God bless you. I'm sure you have also been relieved slightly of the heavy burdens of lies, falsehood & denial by admiting to a very slight truth. More to come, more improvements expected.

Alhaji I hope you've eaten enough ram. Stop quoting me please. I don't have time for cowards who disguise as what they are not. Better go back to your original Kanuri claims or are you scared of SSS hunting you?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo:

Lol. War is not a good thing and most medium income and learned people did not want war but they were over-powered by the majority that wanted it. What Elechi Amadi wrote about himself is true about Ikwerre as a group. Ikwerres are simply a distinct Igbo group detached from the larger Igbo and with a distinct version of Igbo language. The difference between what he wrote then and what he later wrote in "Sunset in Biafra" is that he made outright denial of links with Igbo in the later book.

Don't shift ground, I never mentioned two books neither did anybody. We only mentioned "Sunset in Biafra." The quote you gave where Elechi Amadi was said to be born by an Igbo family, was not from him but another person.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:23am On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo:

Elechi Amadi didn't clamour for creation of Rivers State. He only supported its creation. Ikwerres were against creation of Rivers State with Ikwerre inclusive. In fact what delayed the creation of Rivers State was Port-Harcourt's strategic interest which involved a buffer region of Okrika/Ikwerre or Ijaw/Igbo with none claiming outright ownership. It was after Eze Oriji(RIP) was convinced by some Okrika and Ijaw Chiefs and him being an Ikwerre nationalist felt Ikwerres had better interest in the Rivers joined them to Lagos and told Gowon that Ikwerres were distinct from the core Igbos and were ready to be in same State with other groups that Gowon accepted creating Rivers State. It is always good not to twist history.
What is the difference between Elechi Amadi not being part of the clamour for the creation of Rivers State but supporting it after it was created.
The clamour for creation of Rivers and Ogoja states, as they were referred during the Willinck Commission of the late 1950s, was only halted not because of the groups to constitute them but because of another possible clamour the minority minority.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:26am On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo, you don fall my hand. Abagworo nji amuonu.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 10:28am On Oct 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Don't shift ground, I never mentioned two books neither did anybody. We only mentioned "Sunset in Biafra." The quote you gave where Elechi Amadi was said to be born by an Igbo family, was not from him but another person.

Who wrote it? Here is a more recent biography at the back of his book.

Born in 1934, in Aluu in the Ikwerre local government area of Rivers State, Nigeria, Elechi Amadi attended Government College, Umuahia (1948-1952), Survey School, Oyo (1953-1954), and the University of Ibadan (1955-1959), where he obtained a degree in Physics and Mathematics.

He worked for a time as a land surveyor and later was a teacher at several schools, including the Nigerian Military School, Zaria (1963-1966).[2] Amadi did military service in the Nigerian army and was on the Nigerian side during the Nigeria-Biafra War, retiring in the rank of Captain.[3] After the war Amadi left the army to work for the Rivers State government. Positions he held include Permanent Secretary (1973-1983), Commissioner for Education (1987-1988) and Commissioner for Lands and Housing (1989-1990).

On the creation of Rivers State here's a past news archive.

TRIBUTE:Exit Of A Legendary Champion: Eze Oriji

By Prince Ike Ogbuehi

I think with this demise, the curtains have finally closed to four legendary champions, respected senior elder statesmen and the titans of the struggle for the creation of old Rivers State in 1967. The other titans of blessed memories are the late Chief Harold Dappa-Biriye, late Chief G. K. J. Amachree and late Chief Wenike Briggs.

The story of the immense contributions and involvement of Eze Oriji in the struggle for the creation of Rivers State was told by late Chief Dappa-Biriye in 1998. the executive member of the Rivers State Community, Abuja had paid him a visit in his hotel room in Abuja. He was with his personal assistant, Mr. Young Ayotamuno. On realizing that I am from Emohua upon my introduction, he enquired about Eze Oriji. He said that he was a great man and that he made the creation of Rivers State possible.

He said every effort made for the creation of Rivers State was rebuffed by General Yakubu Gowon, the then Head of State on the ground that Rivers State was covered with waters and that there was nowhere to site the capital since Port Harcourt belongs to the Ibos. He said it was at that point that Eze Oriji stood up and said that he was from Ikwerre and that Port Harcourt belongs to Ikwerre and that Ikwerres are not Ibos. He then pleaded that the capital of the new state be sited in Port Harcourt. He said it was on that assurance that Rivers State was created with Port Harcourt as capital city in 1967 by General Yakubu Gowon.

As a result of his efforts towards the creation of Rivers State and his dislike of the Ibos over the marginalization of Ikwerre people, he suffered series of arrests and detentions in the hands of Biafran soldiers. His house in Emohua was burnt down by the Biafran rebels. He deflected to the federal side as he escaped from one of his series of detentions. He fought gallantly on the side of the Federal Government for the liberation of Rivers State. He, late Chief Francis Beke, his late younger brother, Mr. Afoma Oriji guided and led the Federal troops through many foot paths in Port Harcourt and other Ikwerre areas to round up and capture the Biafran soldiers. His earlier deflection to the Federal side saved the Ikwerres and indeed Rivers people from the planned elimination by the rebel soldiers. Nigeria soldiers entered Ikwerre land peacefully without much damage.

Also, as the war approached to Emohua, he sent message across to my late father and paramount ruler of Oduoha-Emohua, Eze Wali Ogbuehi who reigned from 1957 to 1983 to remain at home and that he had given a firm directive to Nigerian soldiers to deal kindly with him and his subjects. We then circled around the paramount ruler until they arrived with bags of rice, stockfish, and other gifts. Thereafter, he sent town criers to those who were in the bush to return home, and they did. This singular act endeared him to us.

Later, himself and late Chief Dappa-Biriye were invited by the Federal Government to serve at the federal level. They opted to remain in the state to build the new state. Thus, in 1969, he was appointed the Commissioner of Education, and became one of the pioneer members of the Rivers State Executive Council under the military governorship of the then Commander, AP Diete-Spiff.

It was under his tenure as a commissioner for education that the Rivers State College of Science and Technology was established and now upgraded and known as the University of Science and Technology, Nkpolu, Port Harcourt.

A no-nonsense man, Eze Oriji would at the slightest provocation slap you or use his walking stick to knock your head, though that was during his youthful days. One, he slapped a white man at a time whites were lords in Nigeria and his scholarship was withdrawn and revoked as a punishment by the colonial authority. He took private study with London University and made LLB. Two, during the commissioning of the Choba-Emohua bridge in the '70s, a non-Ikwerre commissioner stood up to libate, Eze Oriji politely excused the drink from him, saying that it is a taboo in Ikwerre custom for non-Ikwerre person to pour drink to our land and our ancestors. Three, each time Ikwerre women carried their garri to the markets to sell to Kalabari women, Kalabari women will grab the cups and measure the garri by themselves to the displeasure of the Ikwerre women. When the story got to Eze Oriji, he sent town criers to all Ikwerre markets to put a stop to it, and it was so, till date. Four, he authorized that Ikwerre language should be the official language in all Ogbakor Ikwerre meetings.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:42am On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo:

Who wrote it?
You answer the question because you quoted it.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 10:49am On Oct 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
You answer the question because you quoted it.

Its actually the backpage of "Sunset in Biafra".
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo:

Its actually the backpage of "Sunset in Biafra".
You had better tell us the truth because that quote was not lifted from the back page of Sunset in Biafra. I have a copy with me. The only thing as regards Elechi Amadi's birth on the said page is: "Elechi Amadi was born in 1934 in Aluu near Port Harcourt in Easter Nigeria. He went to Government College, Umuahia. . ."
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
You had better tell us the truth because that quote was not lifted from the back page of Sunset in Biafra. I have a copy with me. The only thing as regards Elechi Amadi's birth on the said page is: "Elechi Amadi was born in 1934 in Aluu near Port Harcourt in Easter Nigeria. He went to Government College, Umuahia. . ."

Meaning your copy could be a recently modified one as I earlier felt. I have no business with laying false claims as I'm half Ikwerre myself and have experienced 1st hand clash of interests and is personally convinced on the differences.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo:

Meaning your copy could be a recently modified one as I earlier felt. I have no business with laying false claims as I'm half Ikwerre myself and have experienced 1st hand clash of interests and is personally convinced on the differences.
The book itself was first published in 1973. I bought my copy in 2004 from an old stock, with evidence of this in its brown sheets.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
ABAGWORO...it surprises me that u re still arguing with that half yoruba/half Ediot call orlando owoh...seriously
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
lygn19: ABAGWORO...it surprises me that u re still arguing with that half yoruba/half Ediot call orlando owoh...seriously
Mumu, this discussion has reached the level where you will be doing yourself good by just watching, and not commenting. We've gone pass your level of understanding.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Mumu, this discussion has reached the level where you will be doing yourself good by just watching, and not commenting. We've gone pass your level of understanding.
At least am not a hybrid Ediot...
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
customized13: I don't kw why anybody will want 2 waste his/her time and argue with ijaw citizen, cnt u see this guy isn't matured with his kind of words? He is so obsessed over this issue, I guess he has had sleepless night over it. @ijaw citizen, a lot people here hv been commenting with basis and fact (even if some aint correct) bt u resort to insults. U are descending so low 2 any reasonable person, and u aren't even wise anof 2 notice dat this people aren't replying u with insult, boy grow up and argue well na, all you are doing here is noise making.

When cornered, you'd be the first to abuse. But realizing I'm not detered by your abuses, you come with a new found "righteous indignation". Wonderful!

I Joined Nairaland about two years ago when I came across certain information about my people on NL from my google search results, investigating further I found out you Igbos have been actively engaging in some internet warfare against Ijaws by rewriting our history and making Ijawland look like a mere extention/appendage of Igboland hinging on the same propaganda of "how Ijaws are MIXED with Igbos".

At first, I came in with the aim of correcting these misconceptions with all sincerity & civility check my earlies comments, but I was new to Nairaland "tradition" and I never understood the level you guys were spinning at, I was called all sorts of names and up till this moment, I'm still called names.

So you're right, I'm here on Nairaland because of Igbos.

You guys are not here to learn about Ijaw issues from Ijaw people, you are here to impose the ones that are manufacture & have been indoctrinated with from Igboland. This is psychological warfare and it has gone beyond being civil, if it goes unchallenged, people will start believing your falsehoods as truths.

You lie about everything, Ijaw history, Ijaw customs, Ijaw traditions & cultural practices, most especially Eastern region & Biafra as it affects the Ijaws. You have painted a picture to the world that Ijaws betrayed you, you call us saboteurs. Up till now we still wonder if you know the meaning of those word of you've all just gone mad. It the fear of engaging mad people in a conversation to correct you so as not to be confused as fellow mad people that has made us silent with Igbos for about 40 years now.

But thanks to technology, we have the internet to see what you publish about us. Thanks to Osewa Seun, we now know what is brewing in the minds of these Igbos and Dr. Ozodi Osuji confirmed it all.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ijaws live in Bayelsa and Delta and they know themselves. They are also called Izon or Ijo.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo: Ijaws live in Bayelsa and Delta and they know themselves. They are also called Izon or Ijo.
Foolish.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Ngodigha: 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
ijaw citizen: Foolish.

Monkey, quit insulting forumites here. Fool.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
Abagworo: Ijaws live in Bayelsa and Delta and they know themselves. They are also called Izon or Ijo.
Ijaw people are one, irrespective of whether they are in Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta or Akwa Ibom. When discussing an ethnic groups, as I was told by my history lecturers, you drop every boundary. The Ijaw people whom I have lived with in both Rivers and Delta states, and even outside the South South would always say, "Izon tu, Izon ebe."
Ha Izon. Kesine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? / Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others / Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.