Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 (40708 Views)

What Actually Happened Before Genesis Chapter 1??? / GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

She wasn't referring to you at all. She was talking about another thread entirely.Of course, u should ask questions. It's only normal cos you are hearing this for the first time. I am a chief 'questionnaire' myself. grin grin

Welcome dear.
you dont say grin grin grin i am waiting for all those former questions today. i will be ready to go after having my breakfast

1 Like

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2013
NerdyInterests: TinypurpleBaby, good to see you here. wink As TBaby pointed out, not you at all. Biafranqueen noted that Obadiah was wasting precious time dealing with some other people in another thread. Old bottles not ready for the new wine. SMDH! cheesy
old bottles indeed grin grin
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2013
Judas2013:

You deliberately took out the plural from the Gods right?

"Let us make man ( not create) our own image. Which meant man already existed but were genetically modified or enhanced by some intelligent life form

if you follow the posts clearly you willsee where i said the adam nation were not the first people created. the adam nation however is the first nation created in Gods image. before adam was created there were already gentile civilizations existing who had been created. wink there are no contradictions here. i have not read your long post so i dont know if you are trying to bring a contradiction. the first few lines prompted me to respond. i would return to read the rest
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2013
obadiah777:

verse 9-10 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. THE WATERS UNDER THE HEAVEN WOULD BE THE GENTILE SPIRITS. THESE TWO VERSES ARE TRYING TO ESTABLISH THE MEANING OF SEAS AS A COLLECTION OF PEOPLES PUT TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE. AND THEY ARE BELOW HEAVEN AND ARE HENCE THE EARTH. AND THEY ARE THE DRY LAND BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD IN THEM. IT IS SYNONYMOUS WITH THE VALLEY OF DRY BONES ( EZEKIEL 37 ). ANY SPIRIT WITHOUT GODS KNOWLEDGE IN IT IS DRY LAND OR DRY SPIRIT.

The only question here is:

Both the sea and dry land are below heaven (Adam) right?

It says “let the waters under heaven be gathered together in one place” – A portion I believe..
“And the dry land appear” – another portion, still under heaven, right?

If the dry land is without God’s knowledge, what’s the difference between them and the sea? Is the sea the enlightened once amongst them as seen in Vs 2-5?
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I had to check the dictionary b4 replying this.

Yes, all is Copacetic. grin
hey we learn everyday right ? thats a new word added to your arsenal of vocabulary weapons wink wink
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 11:46am On Aug 17, 2013
obadiah777: NOW THE SPIRITS HAVE BEEN CREATED AND SEPERATED INTO ADAM ( HEAVEN ) AND GENTILES ( EARTH ). TIME TO FURNISH THE SPIRITS WITH DOCTRINES. FIRST UP WE FURNISH THE EARTH ( GENTILES ) WITH GENTILE DOCTRINES WHICH ARE SYMBOLICALLY REPRESENTED AS VEGETATION OR HERBS. NOW KEEP IN MIND THERE ARE SEVERAL GENTILE NATIONS SO EACH HAS TO HAVE HIS OWN DOCTRINE AFTER HIS KIND.

verse 11-13 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
And the evening and the morning were the third day
KEEP IN MIND EVEN THOUGH ALL THESE ARE HEATHEN DOCTRINES BUT ALL KNOWLEDGE BELONGS TO GOD, EVEN ALL HEATHEN DOCTRINES BELONG TO GOD ( REVELATION 14 VS 7 )( COLOSIANS 1 VS 16 )

This makes a lot of sense considering the different race and colours of people we have.

What exactly does the doctrine stand for? I know you mentioned it somewhere talking about the tower of babel but I can’t remember right now.
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 11:48am On Aug 17, 2013
obadiah777: TIME TO FURNISH THE SPIRIT ADAM WITH GODS DOCTRINE. THE LORDS DOCTRINE ARE REPRESENTED AS LIGHTS SET IN THE FIRMAMENTS OF HEAVEN ( ADAM SPIRIT ) AND THIS LIGHT WILL SEPERATE THE DAY ( ADAM ) FROM THE NIGHT ( GENTILES ) AND WITH THIS LIGHT THEY WILL GIVE LIGHT TO THE EARTH ( GENTILES ) MEANING THEY WOULD GUIDE THEM IN GODS WAYS. AND THE LIGHTS ARE THE SUN ( GREATER ) WHICH REPRESENTS THE WISDOM AND THE MOON ( LESSER ) WHICH REPRESENTS THE UNDERSTANDING OF GOD AND THE STARS ARE THE SPIRITS THEMSELVES. THEY ARE THE STARS OF HEAVEN CARRYING THE LIGHT OF GOD AND GUIDING THE EARTH ( GENTILES ). INSIDE THE WISDOM OF GOD ARE THE SIGNS, SEASONS, DAYS AND YEARS

verse 14-19 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

AND NOW ALL THE SPIRITS HAVE BEEN MADE AND FURNISHED WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE DOCTRINES AND KNOWLEDGE. ON TO THE NEXT TASK

Hmm…

Quite clear. I had heard somewhere before that when God said “let there be light” that it was knowledge – illumination that keeps illuminating the earth.

Is Matthew 5:16 in line with this?

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 

1 Like

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 11:51am On Aug 17, 2013
obadiah777: TIME TO MAKE THE ANIMALS AND BIRDS. THEY WERE LITERALLY BROUGHT FORTH FROM THE WATER.

verse 20 - 23 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

OMG!

It’s like I am reading this part for the first time.

True! How can moving creatures and winged fowls come forth from water if that verse was to be translated literally?! We just read and jump lines without reasoning. Chei!! See…my ignorance o.
Q: These are real animals right? I see where their evolution theory came from. grin grin
Big bang indeed! Hehehehe

2 Likes

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

The only question here is:

Both the sea and dry land are below heaven (Adam) right?

It says “let the waters under heaven be gathered together in one place” – A portion I believe..
“And the dry land appear” – another portion, still under heaven, right?

If the dry land is without God’s knowledge, what’s the difference between them and the sea? Is the sea the enlightened once amongst them as seen in Vs 2-5?
this is a speech pattern that you would find throughout the bible. here is a couple of example
amos 9 vs 6 he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name.

revelation 10 vs 2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth

seeing as this type of speech pattern has to be established in genesis, what it is trying to tell you is that a collection of different nations put together are called SEAS. and seeing as this collection of nation are under heaven, they are the earth, and seeing as the dry land is under heaven it is also called earth. this is just a figure of speech used to tell you that a collection of nations is called seas. thats the purpose of that verse. it is establishing the meaning of the word 'seas'

1 Like

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

This makes a lot of sense considering the different race and colours of people we have.

What exactly does the doctrine stand for? I know you mentioned it somewhere talking about the tower of babel but I can’t remember right now.
doctrines like buddhism, voodoo, sikhism, atheism, sango worship, tree worship, sun worship etc etc all doctrines belong to God. these heathens need something to keep them busy before the lord decides it is time for them to know me.

1 Like

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Hmm…

Quite clear. I had heard somewhere before that when God said “let there be light” that it was knowledge – illumination that keeps illuminating the earth.

Is Matthew 5:16 in line with this?

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 
yup matthew 5 vs 16 is the light that he put in adam. the word of God. the herb of the lord. herb bearing seed. let it shine means obey my commandments before men. thats how people see your good works by you obeying the commandments.
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

OMG!

It’s like I am reading this part for the first time.

True! How can moving creatures and winged fowls come forth from water if that verse was to be translated literally?! We just read and jump lines without reasoning. Chei!! See…my ignorance o.
Q: These are real animals right? I see where their evolution theory came from. grin grin
Big bang indeed! Hehehehe
in the waters and the soil of the waters are very rich with minerals and vitamins. all animals and birds contain the same minerals and vitamins as sea water. thats why if you are sick some natural doctors recommend you drink sea water or use sea salt. it is the complete mineral and vitamin source of all animals and birds. the same exact mineral and vitamin composition. the animals and birds were literally brought forth from the sea waters and soil wink

http://www.harmonikireland.com/sea-water/

1 Like

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
obadiah777: hey we learn everyday right ? thats a new word added to your arsenal of vocabulary weapons wink wink

lol

Hello dear, hope u slept well. I'm just trying to put the questions together like u suggested.

2 Likes

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

lol

Hello dear, hope u slept well. I'm just trying to put the questions together like u suggested.
lol no problemos amigas. i am attacking them as soon as they come out. made a few additions so be sure to go back and read the last five posts wink
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
dont get scared when i say all doctrines belong to God. Man did not come up with anything by himself. we are like vessels and then God has all the doctrines and he is trying to see if you would make the right choice. this life is a test. he has offered you many choices of doctrines. will you pick him ? voodoo, santa maria, wood worship, sun worship etc etc ? man did not come up with all that. these are all choices available to you. all belong to God. i say this because i can see some crazy naija guy trying to twist my words. but all doctrine belongs to God, yes even voodoo worship or what you call juju in naija

colosians 1 vs 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

1 Like

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
Thanks Sire. I will surely read through again. I'm out on field work n batt went flat datz I couldn't continue.

Let me go read what I've missed. And check ur mail pls.

2 Likes

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
obadiah777: in the waters and the soil of the waters are very rich with minerals and vitamins. all animals and birds contain the same minerals and vitamins as sea water. thats why if you are sick some natural doctors recommend you drink sea water or use sea salt. it is the complete mineral and vitamin source of all animals and birds. the same exact mineral and vitamin composition. the animals and birds were literally brought forth from the sea waters and soil wink

http://www.harmonikireland.com/sea-water/

ohh! I think I mixed this up earlier. I took the 'waters' for 'Sea'
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 3:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
obadiah777: dont get scared when i say all doctrines belong to God. Man did not come up with anything by himself. we are like vessels and then God has all the doctrines and he is trying to see if you would make the right choice. this life is a test. he has offered you many choices of doctrines. will you pick him ? voodoo, santa maria, wood worship, sun worship etc etc ? man did not come up with all that. these are all choices available to you. all belong to God. i say this because i can see some crazy naija guy trying to twist my words. but all doctrine belongs to God, yes even voodoo worship or what you call juju in naija

colosians 1 vs 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

I understand this perfectly. He created all things for His pleasure. He is the Most High, not Mosthigh on NL o. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by sylve11: 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
Obidiah! cool

1 Like

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
obadiah777: this is a speech pattern that you would find throughout the bible. here is a couple of example
amos 9 vs 6 he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name.

revelation 10 vs 2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth

seeing as this type of speech pattern has to be established in genesis, what it is trying to tell you is that a collection of different nations put together are called SEAS. and seeing as this collection of nation are under heaven, they are the earth, and seeing as the dry land is under heaven it is also called earth. this is just a figure of speech used to tell you that a collection of nations is called seas. thats the purpose of that verse. it is establishing the meaning of the word 'seas'

I copy dat.

Ezekeil 28: 2, 8. I see it being used there.

I will get to Prince of Tyrus later. I guess he is a fallen angel too and not the devil we have always thought it was. grin

1 Like

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I understand this perfectly. He created all things for His pleasure. He is the Most High, not Mosthigh on NL o. grin grin
lol always gotta make that distinction even though brother most Mosthigh has the spirit of the Most High grin

2 Likes

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
sylve11: Obidiah! cool

lol
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

ohh! I think I mixed this up earlier. I took the 'waters' for 'Sea'
waters and sea can mean the same thing. an assortment of peoples
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
sylve11: Obidiah! cool
my main man Sylve11. whats good sire ? wink
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I copy dat.

Ezekeil 28: 2, 8. I see it being used there.

I will get to Prince of Tyrus later. It's guess he is a fallen angel too. grin
yup you find the word used a lot. the red sea, the egyptian sea, the nigerian sea cheesy
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
obadiah777: waters and sea can mean the same thing. an assortment of peoples

but in that case, it is water literally na?
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
Can u address this question? I believe it can stand alone without quoting u. I'm a bit limited now.

Tgirl4real:

Talking about fallen angels…

My imagination is running wild here based on what we understand angels to mean.

Fine: angels are messengers. Aside the human angels; how do other angels, archangels, Cherubim and Seraphim come in?

The verses you quoted in 2Pet 2:4 and Jude 6 ( while addressing Gen 1 from 26 - d end) talk about “to be reserved unto judgment” and “unto the judgment of the great day” respectively sound futuristic…

Is there still a form of judgment we are looking forward to (invasion of the gentiles) or
It is talking about specific people among us

Kindly explain pls….

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by MostHigh: 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
obadiah777: lol always gotta make that distinction even though brother most Mosthigh has the spirit of the Most High grin

Yuh don know Sire smiley

1 Like

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
mcfynest: *following* yap. been looking forward to this. and thank you on the peice on ezekiel chapter 1

Ezekiel 1? How did I miss this? Can I have a link plz? sad
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by MostHigh: 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tgirl4real: Can u address this question? I believe it can stand alone without quoting u. I'm a bit limited now.

All angels are human. smiley

Its called the kingdom of heaven remember, All living beings.

2 Likes

Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by Tgirl4real(f): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
MostHigh:

Yuh don know Sire smiley

...and talk about the Mosthigh with the spirit of the Most High. smiley

So, which sea are you? Ibo or Yoruba? grin
Re: Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 by mcfynest(m): 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
following

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Disrupt Church Service In Makurdi With Their Cows (Pics) / Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members / Apostle Suleman 'Heals' A Crippled Man At His Conference In Washington (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.