Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,373 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York (27687 Views)

M.I Abaga VS Kendrick Lamar / Who Is Best Rapper In Nigeria ? -- Yung 6ix Declares Himself Best Rapper / Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
otumfour:
Eminem has tht "white" factor working for him.....he can rap on a whole album abt how he sits on the toilet seat and have his album sales sky-rocketing out tha roof.....

thts Eminem

That's Eminem for you. Apart from "Marshall Mathers" LP and probably "Slim Shady" - his music has no content. He basically raps about the dumbest things ever.

He's the only one that can rap about pinocchio's nose and get away with it. Heck, this guy disses women all time and he almost committed suicide because Mariah Carey refused to date him. That guy deals with emotions like a byt.ch!! grin grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Hernadez99: 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

He is working on David Luiz. Luiz has told Mou he is ready to join Barca.
#TeamBarca anyday! Anytime! wink

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2013

“The bright lights is enticing
But look what it did to Tyson
All that money in one night 30 mill for one fight
But soon as all the money blows, all the pigeons take flight”.. Jay-Z from Holy grail.

ShymX:

Don't mind them.

J. Cole doesn't even talk about Jigga who signed him to Roc Nation.

However, he's always on Nas' dyck!! grin

Heck, Nas had to school him on how to to rap with: "Made Nas Proud." grin

Nastradum!!! - the son of Olu Dara!! tongue
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Ishilove: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
DICKtator:

Someone with a flair for the arts "uttering" this?

how profound!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided

#Dumbfounded!!!!

grin grin grin grin

Yes, profoundly meaningless.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
Leave that talk. Pushing drugs isn't child's play. Jay pushed on the streets. Nas told everyone he wrote his rhymes looking out of his project window. Don't change the topic. The topic is, did Nas touch Jay with his ether. Jungle might be thorough but Nas was never. He never claimed to be hard in his interviews.

ShymX:

Jay-Z wan never part of a crew, he was a small time hustler who sold yay for Calvin Klein on his block's alley way. He never moved yay like he said he did. I'm from the streets and I know selling "eight" on the road isn't that special, almost everyone, including puzzies did that. He rode shotgun with Cavin Klein, so freaking what? Growing up, I was everywhere with killers and gunmen who really let the guns go, did that made me a killer/shooter as well? Real killers are all in the bin doing basketball numbers and won't probably be out till they turn 50. undecided

So because Nas was beating a chic when ill will got shot dead, that makes him a puzzy, nah? I didn't know people have to be in the same place at the same time 24hrs a day. undecided Jungle was raised by Nas. Heck, all the nyggahs he ran the streets with growing up were Nas' hommies. If you grew up with an older brother who was in the streets - you should be able to decipher that.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by BizBooks(m): 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
This is the part I find interesting:

And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big KRIT, Wale
Pusha T, Meek Millz, A$AP Rocky, Drake
Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller

I think it is a good thing for Wale that this fellow regards him so highly and seeks to
take away his fans. Meanwhile, contrary to what some people are saying the whole thing
is meant in good fun. Kendrick does not appear to have any sinister intentions here.

P.S: I have never heard of Kendrick Lamar until I ran across him on HuffingtonPost today.
Now everybody is talking about him on Twitter.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by sushieater: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

What's special about that, mate? undecided Eminem is a little bit overrated IMHO. Cory Gunz spits the same way as Eminem does, with harder and more street bars, yet he's still underground. I think the hype about Eminem is because of his skin colour and Dr Dre's beats. Eminem can't even out rap Elzhi from the same Detriot - and Rhymefest already ate Eminem for breakfast, lunch and dinner, in a rap battle. undecided

K.dot's reply to Eminem with four one-liners:

"remember the very day I got caught, I murdered a rapper and you found the police report."

"Kendrick lamar, the modern day Malcolm, humbling marytrs, but these margins can move mountains."

"It’s my world, I grab the universe and play kickball, and they wonder why these California earthquakes hitting so hard."
YOU
"who is k.dot? a young nyggah from Compton on the curb,writing raps next to a gunshot."

Can't you see what's special there? The fact that you still don't get it till now is what makes it special, no offence.

Cory gunz? The only thing that EM and Cory have in common is the mutli-syllable ish and Cory sucks big time when compared to EM.

His skin colour has got nothing to do with his talent, EM is mad ill.. Em's is on the same level with Big L, chino xl, canibus and few other ill rappers I can't remember right now when it comes to punchlines, clever wordplays e.t.c .. Kendrick can never be on that level, never!

Lol, those lines were basic like a hoee that don't swallow (2chains) !.. How do you even smiley
ShymX:

What's special about that, mate? undecided Eminem is a little bit overrated IMHO. Cory Gunz spits the same way as Eminem does, with harder and more street bars, yet he's still underground. I think the hype about Eminem is because of his skin colour and Dr Dre's beats. Eminem can't even out rap Elzhi from the same Detriot - and Rhymefest already ate Eminem for breakfast, lunch and dinner, in a rap battle. undecided

"remember the very day I got caught, I murdered a rapper and you found the police report."

"Kendrick lamar, the modern day Malcolm, humbling marytrs, but these margins can move mountains."

"It’s my world, I grab the universe and play kickball, and they wonder why these California earthquakes hitting so hard."
YOU
"who is k.dot? a young nyggah from Compton on the curb,writing raps next to a gunshot."

Can't you see what's special there? The fact that you still don't get it till now is what makes it special, no offence.
What and what do you consider when judging a special line?

Cory gunz? The only thing that EM and Cory have in common is the mutli-syllable ish and Cory sucks big time when compared to EM.

His skin colour has got nothing to do with his talent, EM is mad ill.. Em's is on the same level with Big L, chino xl, canibus and few other ill rappers I can't remember right now when it comes to punchlines, clever wordplays e.t.c .. Kendrick can never be on that level, never!

Lol, those lines were basic like a hoee that don't swallow (no thanks to 2chains) !..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

That's Eminem for you. Apart from "Marshall Mathers" LP and probably "Slim Shady" - his music has no content. He basically raps about the dumbest things ever.

He's the only one that can rap about pinocchio's nose and get away with it. Heck, this guy disses women all time and he almost committed suicide because Mariah Carey refused to date him. That guy deals with emotions like a byt.ch!! grin grin

Like Nas begging Kelis who cheated on him for one more night.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
Yeah, he still doesn't get it. By the time he gets it, Em will walk away with the floor.
sushieater:

Lol, those lines were basic like a hoee that don't swallow (2chains) !.. How do you even smiley

What and what do you consider when judging a special line?

Lol, those lines were basic like a hoee that don't swallow (no thanks to 2chains) !..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2013
Sleeping every night next to Mona Lisa
The modern day version
With better features...Jay-Z from Hooy grail.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

“The bright lights is enticing
But look what it did to Tyson
All that money in one night 30 mill for one fight
But soon as all the money blows, all the pigeons take flight”.. Jay-Z from Holy grail.

Basic!!

We all know Nas dropped the greatest hiphop bar EVER at age 17, with this one-liner: "I went to hell for snuffing Jesus." If you're a true hiphop head, you should know no one is EVER going to top that.

I'll give you what Nas said at age 17 in "It Ain't Hard to Tell" as a reply to that:

Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin
Cause in my physical, I can express through song
Delete stress like Motrin, then extend strong
I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell
From the spliff that I lift and inhale, it ain't hard to tell

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
Those lines are bullTrash. Does that even make sense to you? He went to hell for snuffing. Imaginary, crack highness talk.

What is the difference between those lijes and Kolo Mental case.

ShymX:

Basic!!

We all know Nas dropped the greatest hiphop bar EVER at age 17, with this one-liner: "I went to hell for snuffing Jesus." If you're a true hiphop head, you should know no one is EVER going to top that.

I'll give you what Nas said at age 17 in "It Ain't Hard to Tell" as a reply to that:

Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin
Cause in my physical, I can express through song
Delete stress like Motrin, then extend strong
I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell
From the spliff that I lift and inhale, it ain't hard to tell
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
Mynd_44: Let's be honest, he is actually better than those guys na

Better than who?
You sure you are part of the 21st century hip hop culture at all tongue

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Leave that talk. Pushing drugs isn't child's play. Jay pushed on the streets. Nas told everyone he wrote his rhymes looking out of his project window. Don't change the topic. The topic is, did Nas touch Jay with his ether. Jungle might be thorough but Nas was never. He never claimed to be hard in his interviews.

It shows you ain't from the streets. What's special about being a small time hustler selling "eight" on the streets? If you're from the hood, you would know that everyone basically did that. We used to call it "saving up for airmax." It's just for getting loose coins to buy trainers and tracksuits. That doesn't make you a don. Dons control the supply and they move keys - Jay-Z never did that, he just told other people's stories.

Kendrick Lamar grew up in Compton, everyone in his family is a gang member and he probably did a few things on the streets growing up. Heck, everyone around him in TDE are OG bloods and crips - however does that make him a gangstar? Also, he always claim he's a good kid - and that's what you call being real. Jay-Z is a fraud!!

Yes, Nas never claimed he's a tough guy but you saying he never owned a tech because Jay-Z said it is a lie. DJ Envy, from Queens, already said Nas pulled a .45 on him in 95/96 - can someone who never owned a tech do that? Nas is real and he's about positive music - but he's also a thorough bred from the hood. Unlike Jay-Z who told other people's stories as his.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2013

Cloud told me "ain't you roc? well? where the f**k yo chain at?"
Guess it's somethin like your girl, nigga it aint came yet.
The man make the chain, chain dont make the man
how many ni..as do we know with hella ice but yet they lame
the cloth from which we came me and them is not the same
Like we all headed to spain, they took the boat I took the plane.
That boy sick, now Ho.e.s on his joystick...J. Cole from Who Dat.

I prefer this to listening to crack addicts.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
Cloud told me "ain't you roc? well? where the f**k yo chain at?"
Guess it's somethin like your girl, nigga it aint came yet.
The man make the chain, chain dont make the man
how many niggas do we know with hella ice but yet they lame
the cloth from which we came me and them is not the same
Like we all headed to spain, they took the boat I took the plane.
That boy sick, now Hoes on his joystick...J. Cole from Who Dat.

I prefer this to listening to crack addicts.

Man stop posting 'wack'' cole lines.. posting these wack lines, will make others' think cole is some wack asss rapper.. shit .. post something from the warm up , or the come up or friday night lights.. not this ''who dat'' wack shit.. and btw kendrick will murk cole.. he already did on temptations.. kendrick means business wink.. he's coming for cole's head.. you know a nigga mean's business when he calls you out by your government name..

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by sushieater: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

I walked into a gunfight with a knife to kill you
And cut you so fast when your blood spilled it was still blue

I'll hang you til you dangle and chain you with both ankles
And pull you apart from both angles

I wanna crush your skull til your brains leaks out of your veins
And bust open like broken water mains

So tell Saddam not to bother with makin another bomb
Cause I'm crushin the whole world in my palm
Got your girl on my arm and I'm armed with a firearm
So big my entire arm is a giant firebomb

Buy your mom a shirt with a Slim Shady iron-on
And the pants to match ("Here momma try em on"wink

I get imaginative with a mouth full of adjectives,
a brain full of adverbs, and a box full of laxatives

(Shittin on rappers) Causin hospital accidents
God help me before I commit some irresponsible acts again - Eminem

Hope it doesn't take you more than 6 minutes to get this one right there!

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
Nas never claimed to be street. Are you saying Nas is the Don? He wrote what he saw looking out of his project window and you call him street.

The little money he had was from Jay-Z. Nas can't hustle. Jay runs empires and made mad cash. Broke some bread for Nas. As I said before this is about Ether and it is over hyped and packed no punch. Just as Kendrick's and Nas' Kolo Mental lyrics. Dragons, hell and snuffing Jesus.

If Mary had an abo.rtion, I'll still be carried in a chariot with stampeding horses...Nas from a cross.

Fashola, this Nas needs reuniting.
ShymX:

It shows you ain't from the streets. What's special about being a small time hustler selling "eight" on the streets? If you're from the hood, you would know that everyone basically did that. We used to call it "saving up for airmax." It's just for getting loose coins to buy trainers and tracksuits. That doesn't make you a don. Dons control the supply and they move keys - Jay-Z never did that, he just told other people's stories.

Kendrick Lamar grew up in Compton, everyone in his family is a gang member and he probably did a few things on the streets growing up. Heck, everyone around him in TDE are OG bloods and crips - however does that make him a gangstar? Also, he always claim he's a good kid - and that's what you call being real. Jay-Z is a fraud!!

Yes, Nas never claimed he's a tough guy but you saying he never owned a tech because Jay-Z said it is a lie. DJ Envy, from Queens, already said Nas pulled a .45 on him in 95/96 - can someone who never owned a tech do that? Nas is real and he's about positive music - but he's also a thorough bred from the hood. Unlike Jay-Z who told other people's stories as his.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
sushieater:

Cory Gunz would body Eminem on any track. They've got the same style but I actually prefer Cory Gunz to the post Marshall Mathers Eminem.

Don't ever put Eminem in the same sentence with Big L, that's blasphemy.

I could care less about Canibus and Chino XL, they're both basically like Eminem, rap good with wordplay and no content. You can add Keith Murray to the list as well. undecided undecided

Kendrick Lamar isn't a wordplay rapper, he's about metaphors, punchlines, similes and lyrics that would make get your thinking cap on like Nas. Those people aren't on kendrick's level. Anyway, you saw easy it was for LLcoolJ to destroy/body/murk Canibus and his wordplay? That's the same treatment Eminem would get if he steps into the ring. I know he won't do that, anyway - because K.dot isn't Nick Cannon. grin

Also, I see you didn't say nothing about how Rhymefest destroyed Eminem!!! grin grin grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
Goldie20:

Man stop posting 'wack'' cole lines.. posting these wack lines, will make others' think cole is some wack asss rapper.. shit .. post something from the warm up , or the come up or friday night lights.. not this ''who dat'' wack shit.. and btw kendrick will murk cole.. he already did on temptations.. kendrick means business wink.. he's coming for cole's head.. you know a nigga mean's business when he calls you out by your government name..

Which lyrics did Kendrick murder J. Cole? I'll like to see. What Cole dropped there is real and a fact. That is whwt I call brilliance. Not quoting things from highness sessions.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Which lyrics did Kendrick murder J. Cole? I'll like to see. What Cole dropped there is real and a fact. That is whwt I call brilliance. Not quoting things from highness sessions.

Go Listen To Temptations. From Their Collaboration Album . If You Haven't Listen Already.. If You Have, Go To Rapgenius, And Interpret It wink..

And Btw Why You Think Cole Never Gave Kendrick A Verse On Forbidden Fruit? Lol.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Those lines are bullTrash. Does that even make sense to you? He went to hell for snuffing. Imaginary, crack highness talk.

What is the difference between those lijes and Kolo Mental case.

It shows you aren't a hiphop head.

Even an Ivy League professor, Dr. Eric Dyson, wrote a book about "I went to hell for snuffin Jesus." grin

And this right here "I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell" is CRACK, yo!!!!

You don't understand metaphors! undecided

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
Goldie20:

Go Listen To Temptations.. If You Haven't Listen Already.. If You Have, Go To Rapgenius, And Interpret It wink..

And Btw Why You Think Cole Never Gave Kendrick A Verse On Forbidden Fruit? Lol.

Point out the lines that killed it. I can tell you Pac kill Big when he said, you claimed to be a player but I F your wife. That was crazy.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Seezzy(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
deleted
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
Damn...
This Joehunt guy na case o.
Dude dey even argue Nas!!!

"How could Nas be garbage?"
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Point out the lines that killed it. I can tell you Pac kill Big when he said, you claimed to be a player but I F your wife. That was crazy.

Hahahah, Don't be lazy man, go on youtube listen to the song.. lol ... matter of fact i will just post it here for you..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq77ewwKi5M
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
sushieater:
I walked into a gunfight with a knife to kill you
And cut you so fast when your blood spilled it was still blue

I'll hang you til you dangle and chain you with both ankles
And pull you apart from both angles

I wanna crush your skull til your brains leaks out of your veins
And bust open like broken water mains

So tell Saddam not to bother with makin another bomb
Cause I'm crushin the whole world in my palm
Got your girl on my arm and I'm armed with a firearm
So big my entire arm is a giant firebomb

Buy your mom a shirt with a Slim Shady iron-on
And the pants to match ("Here momma try em on"wink

I get imaginative with a mouth full of adjectives,
a brain full of adverbs, and a box full of laxatives

(Shittin on rappers) Causin hospital accidents
God help me before I commit some irresponsible acts again - Eminem

Hope it doesn't take you more than 6 minutes to get this one right there!

*Sighs*

Of all Eminem's rap, I can't believe you posted this trash. angry
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

It shows you aren't a hiphop head.

Even an Ivy League professor, Dr. Eric Dyson, wrote a book about "I went to hell for snuffin Jesus." grin

And this right here "I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell" is CRACK, yo!!!!

You don't understand metaphors! undecided

Bull Sh1*. That is thrash. Nothing like that.

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
Goldie20:

Hahahah, Don't be lazy man, go on youtube listen to the song.. lol ... matter of fact i will just post it here for you..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq77ewwKi5M

Or you don't really know any dope line to prove your point. Just like the case of Nas and Ether.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
“Niggas tryna subtract my life,
my mathematics is precise/
I carry the nine,
so f**king with me just ain’t the answer.” –Jay-Z “This Life Forever”
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Nas never claimed to be street. Are you saying Nas is the Don? He wrote what he saw looking out of his project window and you call him street.

The little money he had was from Jay-Z. Nas can't hustle. Jay runs empires and made mad cash. Broke some bread for Nas. As I said before this is about Ether and it is over hyped and packed no punch. Just as Kendrick's and Nas' Kolo Mental lyrics. Dragons, hell and snuffing Jesus.

If Mary had an abo.rtion, I'll still be carried in a chariot with stampeding horses...Nas from a cross.

Fashola, this Nas needs reuniting.

Jay-Z sold his soul, betrayed his friends and made money, so freaking what? And didn't Puffy and Russell Simmons also build an empire - are they street dons as well?

Nas has always been a laid back Afrocentric guy, so being out there and flossing isn't his thing. Heck, he achieved aa lot with the type of music that he makes. What other conscious, or semi-conscious rapper is as popular and rich, with the same commercial success as Nas? Where's Lupe Fiasco? Jay Electronica? Talib Kweli? Mos Def? We can say he overachieved!!

Nasty Nas, yo!! grin

He ether'd ya boy Jigga - and Jigga cried on Hot-97, you can't change that, bruv. Nas won the battle for the King of New York circa 2001, end of story! undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. / Tiwa Savage Floors Danny Young In Copyright War As "One" Returns To Youtube / Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.