Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade (6546 Views)

Kolade Akinjo: Appeal Court Upturns Tribunal’s Verdict / SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate / Dr. Christopher Kolade, SURE-P Chairman Resigns? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2013
Our economy is just developing, this is the time rich billionaires in other developed countries started their businesses. Nigeria youths should stop giving excuses, there are tonnes of business that you can start and make a name for yourself.
Youths, you have to state thinking, its not all about job or working for someone, you can start one. There are millions of oppurtunity out there. Leave lagos, go to other parts of the country, leave lagos before its too late. You can come back when you have established ursef
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by dridowu: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2013
Ok 40m are jobless in Nigeria but i believe upto 30m are underemploy so our govt shd pls make our env conducive for private sector
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by judedwriter(m): 10:08am On Aug 14, 2013
40 million nigerians jobless because of lack of connection (man knows man) and/or expired CV's! sad
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by adebayd(m): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2013
This baba Kolade self!
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Itoroetti(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2013
Yorubest: We already know this

The sad thing is that the governors of their states are failing them and all the 40million of them want to be in Lagos

try and deal with ur emotion...emotional intelligent cant be beta than ur IQ
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Kairoseki77: 10:16am On Aug 14, 2013
So the AfDB, the UN, and the World Bank say that 63% of Nigerians are under the poverty level and this one wants me to believe that only 23% are unemployed?
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Isiterere(m): 10:21am On Aug 14, 2013
hope this statistics include me o, I need to be gainfully employed soon.
Unemployment no good o.
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Lordave: 10:31am On Aug 14, 2013
coogar:

how's it self-made?
if the government of a country can't provide employment then there should be a welfare package. the politicians don't just care about nigerian citizens....
we all ain't gonna got employed by government. I shouldn't argue more about this.

Though, that's not all my reason.
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Lordave: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2013
Isiterere: hope this statistics include me o, I need to be gain fully employed soon.
Unemployment no good o.
modify!
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Isiterere(m): 10:42am On Aug 14, 2013
Lordave: gain fully employed

With this type of English?
Kill yourself, is not an error on my part (has to do with predictive text error ).
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Isiterere(m): 10:44am On Aug 14, 2013
Lordave: gainfully employed

Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2013
Lordave: gain fully employed

what has english got to do with a person with a good heart and excellent indispensible skills being considered for employment?

1 Like

Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Lyoncrescent: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2013
I am not convinced about the 23.9 percent figure.

the way unemployment rates are calculated i believe is number of unemployed/total labour force * 100 for percentage.

labor force population is generally defined as all men and women aged 15–64

if 40 million are unemployed and we assume the total labour force is everyone over the age of 15 rather than the entire population of nigeria. i am sure it would be more like 70 percent unemployment rate rather than the 23.9 percent they got by dividing 40 million by 167 million and multiplying the result by 100.

The sample population used to generate the 23.9% isnt valid.
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 14, 2013
70-80% unemployment rate******** . as a matter of fact, it should be noted that lowly jobs such as washing of student hostel toilets are even difficult to comeby!! thats the reason you see graduates emigrating from naija in droves. their future was not planned for. it is not a sin to migrate! Albert Einstein migrated when things were though and he survived.
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by osifred(m): 11:04am On Aug 14, 2013
The sad truth is no job in Nigeria.

40million people unemployed. That is like the entire population of Ghana, Togo, Benin republic combine not being employed.

Am not offering employment but click this lick to read about how to increase your chance of employment

https://www.nairaland.com/1329105/how-get-job-possibly-increase
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by timpiny(m): 11:04am On Aug 14, 2013
JudismphD: Unemployment? How long will a man board this vehicle of pessimism to catapult to life of optimism. Perennial Joblessness is a mental state and not a state of the economy because our economy is still raw. Its very easy for graduates who are mentally lazy to justify joblessness under the present economic fiasco and social macabre. In as much as the government has a pivotal role to play in job creation and enabling environment for enterprenuership to thrive, one must not hide under the rascality of politicans and government ineptitude to allow his/her future morgaged except his CERTIFICATED and not EDUCATED because hunger and disease never visit any man based on his years in school but the intelletual resources and financial power to tame them.

WORD
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by coogar: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2013
Lordave: we all ain't gonna got employed by government. I shouldn't argue more about this.
Though, that's not all my reason.

but has the government created an enabling environment for private companies to thrive? where's the security, basic amenities, good roads to attract private companies and foreign investors?

i hate it when people make excuses for the nigerian government. some of you should travel out and see how politicians in other countries listen to the people that voted them in.
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 14, 2013
if you did not have a very good result like 2.1 or first class or finish as the best student of your class, you are a nobody in naija. whereas in other climes such as the USA, you see dropouts, 3rd class, pass, 2.1 and 1st class running things together.

1 Like

Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by KwoiZabo(m): 11:25am On Aug 14, 2013

The sad thing is that the governors of their states are failing them and all the 40million of them want to be in Lagos
and who is decieving you that the jobs being created in lagos is as a result of fashola's effort. better dont fool urself.
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Adesam01(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2013
Another waste of Resources! Why not blend the GIS with NYSC?

Paying #25,000 for GIS and #19,800 for NYSC per graduate!

To make things worst, Useless Politicians who have not propose a single bill in years are voting to support under age marriage and harvesting millions monthly courtesy tax payers money!

Then a minister who does not know what it mean to be poor talk more of attending a glorified secondary school called Federal and State Universities in Nigeria will say 'the government cannot fund the education sector'.

Tomorrow, another set of Britons will say stay in your country and develop it... I don't blame them,I blame our useless leaders!

Just like Egypt, Bharian and others, Politicians beware! Nigeria youths are coming for your head soon!

Revolution is here!

1 Like

Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by onyeogalu1(m): 11:36am On Aug 14, 2013

who told you it only your governor d@ develop lagos? You forgot d@ lagos was once d capital of dis country. For your information not everybody wants to be part of your lagos.
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Lordave: 11:38am On Aug 14, 2013
Isiterere:
Kill yourself, is not an error on my part (has to do with predictive text error ).
okay, sorry.

1 Like

Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Lordave: 11:40am On Aug 14, 2013
Aggrippa: what has english got to do with a person with a good heart and excellent indispensible skills being considered for employment?
how did you know he possesses all those qualities?
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by kayjegs: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2013
Maybe this is just for some one here to start something on his own. It is not easy but starting something should be more important than the difficulty. Educate yourself on business ideas you can work on, in this threads:

https://www.nairaland.com/1182280/funds-not-business-actually-need

OR

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by EGUNSOLA14: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
My name is michael I have been marketing on internet for few years back, during that period untill now have engagged in a number of online programmes but the latest one has been my sweetest experience.while you are still searching for work i advice you get yourself busy doing the same go through every step of my blog for details http://egunsolasmart..com/
incase you need to speak with me call 08073772101 or my mail mikelife487@gmail.com. See you at the top.
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Aggrippa: if you did not have a very good result like 2.1 or first class or finish as the best student of your class, you are a nobody in naija. whereas in other climes such as the USA, you see dropouts, 3rd class, pass, 2.1 and 1st class running things together.

A lot of 1st class n 2.1 graduates are still jobless in 9ja! Its not about result, its about connection! I.M simply put!
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Tinasunday: 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
Promhize: Our economy is just developing, this is the time rich billionaires in other developed countries started their businesses. Nigeria youths should stop giving excuses, there are tonnes of business that you can start and make a name for yourself.
Youths, you have to state thinking, its not all about job or working for someone, you can start one. There are millions of opportunity out there. Leave lagos, go to other parts of the country, leave lagos before its too late. You can come back when you have established ursef

I will like to criticize your comment realistically:
1. Before you make this kind of comment, ask your self how many people have you employed.
2. The rich billionaires in developed countries were able to start something on their own because the basic factors were available to them, for example. If USA does not have electricity how will the likes of Mark Zuckerberg as a boy develop Facebook or even Bill gate develop windows ?

When we are talking about self employment or establishment in Nigeria, we need to put some basic factors into consideration; like water, electricity, transportation etc. Can a poor man or a fresh graduate from a poor family afford all this things ?? Even rich men and women tried to establish them selfs but failed in Nigeria.....Do you know taffoo.com, 3stiches.com etc have all shut down ??

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by kaynel(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
40million nigerias are jobless wat are d govt doing about it
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
bakynes:

Very true bt Menial jobs dnt pay ur bills in Nigeria they only provide u food say 2 times a day.The problem still lies wit Foreign investments and Electricity.If the Electricity problem is improved or fixed many pple will find themselves sometin to do.Those Chinese and indian firms use our graduates and pay dem change,Money that cannot pay ur bills.Our leaders loot d money stolen from public office and dumb dem overseas,if they use it to establish factories they wld employ thousands of graduates and take dem off the streets.
Bt becoz the source of the money will be questioned they prefer to take it overseas.
I totally agree with you and I often wonder why the law or the senate has neva thought of encouraging the so called x-public offices holder
( we all no have looted government money and decided to go invest the loots in another man's country, building and developing their economy for them, solving lots of problems facing their economy. Problems dispersed across all sector of the economy in our country, that these so called X-leaders can still see and touch even when both their eyes and both their hands are being rendered useless)
to invest the money (I don't want to use 'loot' in this situation) back into the economy and provide a kind of a protective law hindering them from being totally probed, as all effort made in the past to prevent public offices holder from looting failed even to the level of our Local government councellors offices.

Am just saying...

My Fanta don finish sh
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by AK481(m): 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
kettykin: I hope he did not omit FFK's name other wise a recount is needed

collect 5
Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by Dehley(m): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2013

I have always suspect your comments concerning issues on NL. You are always licking Fashola's ass.

1 Like

Re: 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade by kaposky(f): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
Nigerians, lets help ourselves create jobs and stop waiting for the government to create jobs for us.
They don't have plans for job creation for the masses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omamofe Boyo, Nigeria's Likely New Petroleum Minister / My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki / External Reserves Drop By $610m In November As CBN Battles To Save Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.