Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? (2967 Views)

She Came To Do Her Assignment And You Met Her Like This / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 4:26am On Aug 17, 2013
ogugua88:

Form a relationship? Don't you know the meaning of relationship? It certainly doesn't encompass only romanticism or sexuality or even just friendship. A relationship is anything from the aforementioned to merely being registered members on Nairaland.

I do not know that online proposals and marriages are at an all time as I haven't read anything that has ever suggested such. I don't know anything about online women awaiting houses either. I do know, however, that if such exist, they aren't unique to the cyber world. I also know that those things have nothing to do with the OP's post. Again, the OP's question is marrying someone whom yet met online, not performing a marriage through Skype or any other platform.

It has nothing to do with me or my alleged preference. And there's no fuss at all. I only responded to you as your posts on these matters have always exuded symptoms of superiority complex and I have time to debate it today. If you're agreeing with me that they're the same, then why the need for "God forbid" and "bless their hearts" as if people online are
suffering, less fortunate, or not up to p
ar?

OP said nothing about chatting online nor friendship on a forum YET you brought up those points.

Too bad that you didn't hear about folks proposing online and marrying at first meet. It is as common as taking a shit.

Like I said a few posts back....if people have to go online to find somebody...bless their hearts. grin

You have tried to "change" my mind about online dating and hook ups a year ago on a similar thread and my opinion didn't change.

And yeah...God forbid a straight dude dont fall in love with gay dude pretending to be a woman on Nairaland. grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 17, 2013
dmcdad: ^^^^ Ok

cry I thought we were married? cry cry cry
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
OP said nothing about chatting online nor friendship on a forum YET you brought up those points.

Too bad that you didn't hear about folks proposing online and marrying at first meet. It is as common as taking a shit.

Like I said a few posts back....if people have to go online to find somebody...bless their hearts. grin

You have tried to "change" my mind about online dating and hook ups a year ago on a similar thread and my opinion didn't change.

And yeah...God forbid a straight dude dont fall in love with gay dude pretending to be a woman on Nairaland. grin

Well, I saw no mention of online marriage. Assuming meeting online and then connecting in person before marrying is a very fair assumption to make, and it seems like the few who've posted assumed the same. If we're wrong, then OP will clarify and say that he/she meant getting married online and never physically meeting.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Like I've said, I've seen your posts on these topics and all I've seen is "ew", "God forbid", and "bless their hearts". It would be nice to get an actual and rational argument or opinion, but I see I'm wasting my time. smiley
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Justiyke4u: 6:42am On Aug 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
I married a man I knew in person and got to know physically.

If people have to go online and to find somebody...bless their hearts.
what is the difference between someone u met online for the first time and later see the person physically and someone u met in person for the first time living physicsl looks aside?
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Justiyke4u: 6:45am On Aug 17, 2013
Kslib: Have you met the person offline.?..
yes they have and have even knwon themselves for years "offline"
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Justiyke4u: 6:46am On Aug 17, 2013
J12: Yes. My grandfather met my grandmother online.
and how did the story end
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 17, 2013
I know 2 people who met online,eventually met in person,and now more than 2 years later are together, happy,in love and engaged. smiley
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2013
for personal reasons he always wanted a woman from his tribe( yoruba) and religion( islam)but he lives in the north in a predominantly Christian state so his chances were limited so he took to the internet to find his woman. he first met and had an online relationship for four 2 years.... and learnt his lesson....
* if looking for love online make sure after meeting online , you meet physically before you finally make your decision . 2resons for this, you both need to make sure you like eachother's physique and secondly you need to have that intimate feeling that physical contact ( not sex) will bring even after seeing just once
* different people have different reasons to for looking for love online, some cos they are shy, others due to age, social status , money, some for fun or adventure and others cos they are perverts so, know why you are online and try to find the person you seek
..........so the next time around around he was careful and they met physically within 2 months and they both decided they want eachother and now after 18 months are about to get married

he is me

what I won't advice you
girls/ guys don't try very long distance relationship.within Nigeria at most, anything too far that you won't be seeing yourselves for years to me is not a way to be in a relationship
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by DExplorer1: 8:51am On Aug 17, 2013
talina: I know 2 people who met online,eventually met in person,and now more than 2 years later are together, happy,in love and engaged. smiley
I like that story! We could be another wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 17, 2013
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by dmcdad: 9:24am On Aug 17, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

cry I thought we were married? cry cry cry
I don't think I understand what that collective pronoun "we" means? Can you enlighten me?
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Kslib(m): 9:48am On Aug 17, 2013
Justiyke4u: yes they have and have even knwon themselves for years "offline"
Ah han,then go ahead and marry the person if you feel that person is the right one for you.. I dont even know what the problem is,Is it cos of the fact that you guys first met online or What?
Nowadays,almost everybody has an online identity, even the person you're meeting physically for the first time.. Since you said you guys have met offline,then go ahead and do your thing since the person has proved to be worthy of having a union with you offline..
All that matters is offline and not how you guys met which is online..
It is well!!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by amanda2013(f): 9:54am On Aug 17, 2013
there is nothing wrong in marrying somebody u met online. Though attimes in such relationships TRUST may be an issue,bt if both partners manages to cross that hurdle or rather build up trust in the relationship,then both of them are gud to go. Ceteris pari bus. So op my answer to ur post is yes i can.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
ogugua88:

And what about you? Haven't you spent years building lasting friendships on this very forum? Should we "bless your heart" because you, God forbid, made friends online? What happens if you meet any of your Nairaland friends in person? Will you greet them or feign ignorance of their presence?
You're indirectly calling your online relationships second-class friendships. I hope the friends you've made here share your mindset.
Don't give life to abstract situation
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
dmcdad:
I don't think I understand what that collective pronoun "we" means? Can you enlighten me?

Ouch! Rejected by you again. angry
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by dmcdad: 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Ouch! Rejected by you again. angry
Again? I never rejected you! Who would be so foolish to reject a creature like you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why 80% Of Nairalanders Dnt Hv Pic On Their Profile / Reasons Why You Should Date An Outgoing And Extrovert Guy / Guys! How Do You Like make-ups On Ur Babe Or wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.