Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram (13830 Views)

Plot To Move Against Obasanjo By Jonathan Creates Disagreement In Pdp / #DezianiGate: Jonathan Creates New Office In NNPC, Appoints Deputy GMD / Jonathan Creates New Office, Appoints Tukur As 'Ambassador At Large' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Bigcake: 11:16am On Aug 18, 2013
abes:

I don't why some you religious bigots are quick to bring some quotes from the quran just to spread your hate towards islam. Do you know there are tonnes of quotes that supports killing of non-believers in the bible?
If there is any in the Bible point it out
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by tayokem(m): 11:17am On Aug 18, 2013
zibi2: Quran...Muhammad's Own Words:

Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a religion...
you are quoting out of content and event. If you want me ttto start quoting the Bible then a pagee won't be enough for it. Fromm king David tto Moses
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Omexonomy: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2013
kutchs:
You surely don‘t live anywhere close to Borno or Yobe else you wouldn‘t have made this careless statement. You may dispute it as usual but a trip to these places will reveal to you what life has become since emergency rule was established.
My advice to careless people like you on nairaland is reason/think before you talk.
watch and see if you will escape a ban. I made this same statement with another user name and i was ban till december 2016. Such people abound in this facesles forum and they are mostly from south west.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by jayone15(m): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2013
All dis things u posted is nonsense......
Who r christians?...followers of christ....
No christian existed until Jesus came.......
All d things u posted r in old testament and so nt 4 christians.....during those days,pple worshipped idols,pple gave sacrifices wif animals so such things r expected....
If u cn bring where in d new testament...they said we shld kill those wu dont accept christianity,then i wl become a muslim today!!!!!!!
abes:
If they don't carry out the instructions as stated in the Bible, then they are non-believers.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2013
abes:
If they don't carry out the instructions as stated in the Bible, then they are non-believers.

Guy I would say you have limited knowledge of Christianity based on your comment. So you and everyone who goes around bashing other people ( both Muslim and Christain) know, that if you don't know a religion in and out. Kindly make an inform criticism else you better just read through like every other person.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by OAM4JisGay: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2013
Kill them all!
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Johnayoola(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2013
abes:

I don't why some you religious bigots are quick to bring some quotes from the quran just to spread your hate towards islam. Do you know there are tonnes of quotes that supports killing of non-believers in the bible?
u mst b high on drugs
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by jayone15(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2013
The problem of dis country is dis religion ish!!......Some muslims keep doing thing to cause problem in d nation......
If they r killing pple because they fink its part of religion,then its a sin against humanity.........
U wl neva see christians do such cos they were nt instructed by christ whom dey follow......
When christ came,all those war killings n sacrifice have bn annuled.....

We serve d same God.....thats what i believe..........most of d men in d bible are also in d quran....so i believe muslims r even christians....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by zeedof(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2013
abes:
.. I so much appreciate your reply to this guy.. Not his fault, that Is how the only one existing God made us, because to me I believed we are the most clueless human on earth, if not bfor, these white people both jews and arab brought their Gods, every thing was alright according to our granny. No naked dress, boko haram, militant, robbery, ritual, adultery, fornication, hatred among us. But what surprised me most is that, they will be condemning our Gods and carry them to their land, for what please?.. Nigerian forget ur tribe or religion, let unite and fight immoral..
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by jayone15(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2013
And when u luk at it very well.....those things in d old testament r all tribal and communal wars....not religious wars!!.
And as u knw,it is a very normal thing to seek ur god's voice on every war u r goin 4....
And those wu serve their God truly wl b helped!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by kacheezy: 11:31am On Aug 18, 2013
Ezekiel 9:6 "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children,
and women . . . " Isaiah 13:16 "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their
eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Deuteronomy 13:15 "Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that
city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly . . . " Leviticus 20:9 "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall
be surely put to death . . . " Exodus 32:27 ". . . Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man
his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout
the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his
companion, and every man his neighbour." Deut 21:10-12 "When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies,
and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou
hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful
woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy
wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall
shave her head, and pare her nails; " Exodus 31:15 " . . . whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he
shall surely be put to death." Deut 21:21 "And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones,
that he die .
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by djfaithy: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2013
jamace:

Thanks for bringing that to the fore. If I may ask, how many CHRISTIANS have you seen carried/or are carrying out those instructions in this present world?.

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by jayone15(m): 11:33am On Aug 18, 2013
Exactly oo my broo
until we unite n accept we r one........Nigeria wl neva b better........
Cos if we agree we r one,some pple will nt b killing claiming it is holy war!
zeedof: .. I so much appreciate your reply to this guy.. Not his fault, that Is how only one existing God made us, because to me I believed we the most clueless human on earth, if bfor, these white people both jews and arab brought their Gods, every was alright according to our granny. No naked dress, boko haram, militant, robbery, ritual, adultery, fornication, hatred among us. But what surprised me most is that, they will be condemning our Gods and carry them to their land, for what please?.. Nigerian forget ur tribe or religion, let unite and what is immoral..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Ninilowo(m): 11:34am On Aug 18, 2013
jamace:

Thanks for bringing that to the fore. If I may ask, how many CHRISTIANS have you seen carried/or are carrying out those instructions in this present world?.
May God Bless u for dt reply.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 18, 2013
@Abes or whatever u call urself...you were fast enough to start putting up scriptures from the bible in order to prove a point...thanks to Google using the search string "Parts where the bible says christians should kill" but let me bring to your notice or rather ask you and other "Christian haterz" here who applaud you for your "copy and paste" rhetorics a question...
All the parts of the bible you posted were all in the OLD TESTAMENT...Why was there none in the new testament?...hang on to that thought yet...

Secondly, how many present day christians have you seen, witnessed or even heard of practicing these things? It is uncommon to hear that some teenager was killed because he/she slapped the father...et al

Thirdly, doesn't it occur to you that these are mosaic laws of Moses which are practised mostly by some religions such as Judaism and OH...ISLAM ITSELF?

My conclusion: These laws were of the old testament and that is why God sent his son Jesus Christ to save us from the bondage of these laws as stated in Galatians chapter 3 v13 (A part of the bible which you overlooked) and it says according to the New Translated Version (NTV): "But Christ has rescued us from the curse
pronounced by the law. When he was hung on
the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our
wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures,
"Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."
That means that prior to the coming of Jesus, we were accountable to and bonded by those laws but when Jesus came, he decided to save us and heap those laws on himself whereby paying the ultimate price with his life.

That was why he said, "IT IS FINISHED"...which means no more atonement by animal sacrifice, no more being stoned to death for adultery (ponder on that as a muslim) cos he CHRIST came to save and not to condemn like Mohammed came to do. Remember what he told the woman who was caught in the act of adultery where he asked her, "Woman where are those who condemn you?" And when she said, they have all left, he said, "Neither will i condemn you also; Go and sin no more." That woman was lucky to be in the right place at the right time cos if it was "the other guy" (we all know who i am talking about) i'm sure she would have been pelted with stones till she becomes nothing but tomato paste.

So Mr Abes, before casting aspertions and shooting yourself on the foot, ponder over that part of the Bible that is if the mold will be removed from your eyes for you to understand cos it only takes those who see the light to understand it but unfortunately, you are in darkness! Come to the light...Receive Jesus now!

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by igbsam(m): 11:36am On Aug 18, 2013
@Abes. Those rules you quoted there above from the Bible are made by the priests of God before christ came into this world. But when christ came, the one and greatest commandment he gave was to love your neighbours as yourself.

He went as far as showing such love by laying down his life. He even expressed such love by going to dine with zacheus and also the same love was shown to the prostitute. He also accepted sinners into his fold and made them his disciples.

Christ teaches love and not hate. He abolished those laws of old and brought salvation to the world.

Christ is a messenger of God and so is Mohammed. Christ thought his followers love to all humans of different races, characters, backgrounds and not hate. What did mohammed teach his followers.

Love is when the thief on the cross asked christ to remember him in paradise and he replied him with an answer to bring him into his father's house. Love is the teachings of the Bible and not hatred.

We all serve one God both Christians and Muslims. His messengers are jesus and mohammed. So its what his servants teaches you that you follow. Jesus teaches love and never asked for us to fight our neighbours. But what did mohammed teach ?

Pls don't take my posts on the wrong side. Just saying it to my own understanding and I could be wrong to some people here. But my own contribution sha.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by jayone15(m): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2013
Help me tell dem oooo
igbsam: @Abes. Those rules you quoted there above from the Bible are made by the priests of God before christ came into this world. But when christ came, the one and greatest commandment he gave was to love your neighbours as yourself.

He went as far as showing such love by laying down his life. He even expressed such love by going to dine with zacheus and also the same love was shown to the prostitute. He also accepted sinners into his fold and made them his disciples.

Christ teaches love and not hate. He abolished those laws of old and brought salvation to the world.

Christ is a messenger of God and so is Mohammed. Christ thought his followers love to all humans of different races, characters, backgrounds and not hate. What did mohammed teach his followers.

Love is when the thief on the cross asked christ to remember him in paradise and he replied him with an answer to bring him into his father's house. Love is the teachings of the Bible and not hatred.

We all serve one God both Christians and Muslims. His messengers are jesus and mohammed. So its what his servants teaches you that you follow. Jesus teaches love and never asked for us to fight our neighbours. But what did mohammed teach ?

Pls don't take my posts on the wrong side. Just saying it to my own understanding and I could be wrong to some people here. But my own contribution sha.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by zeedof(m): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2013
igbsam: @Abes. Those rules you quoted there above from the Bible are made by the priests of God before christ came into this world. But when christ came, the one and greatest commandment he gave was to love your neighbours as yourself.

you confirm it that they from the bible?? That goods, and am sure being a Christian the only holy book you believed in is bible, that means you must abide to the words in the bibles.. Oga stop criticising.. Let be focus on how to end the killing of innocent people in our country
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by nyabingi(m): 11:43am On Aug 18, 2013
so you support the killings in the name of islam?,,
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Tunjasko(m): 11:43am On Aug 18, 2013
[quote author=abes]

I don't why some you religious bigots are quick to bring some quotes from the quran just to spread your hate towards islam. Do you know there are tonnes of quotes that supports killing of non-believers in the bible?[/quote
extract it out where it is and if you can't,i think you should keep your mouth shut!!!
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Earthwide: 11:44am On Aug 18, 2013
Pls tell us where Christ ask Christians to kill for God becus before christ there was nothing like christians, that is why u ve BC and AD
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Afroconnect: 11:47am On Aug 18, 2013
nerodenero: The fact that USA killed Osama Bin Laden,that didnt stop terrorist activities.The fight against terrorism is a continous process and I dont think there is going to be an ending to that.
Some people in here sounds like kids.
Arab extremists are waging war against your Nation supported by rich Sheiks in Algeria,qatar and Saudi Arabia and fools like him is talking down our military.
The reasonable thing any civilized citizen does when they are under attack is to rally round their military.
In America for instance,when there is a terrorist strike,all Americans come together and support their military to destroy the common enemy.
All of you trying to talk smart or talk down our Military,I would advise you rather be grateful to them,cos if the military boys are demoralised you cowards would not join the military in their place to defend Nigeria's terrirtorial integrity,and you will be killed along with your family when the enemy gets an upperhand.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Kevsman(m): 11:47am On Aug 18, 2013
una no wan talk about the topic again?
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Willgates(m): 11:47am On Aug 18, 2013
@the poster quoting the Bible,lemme enlighten you....

Christians are followers of Jesus Christ,hence the name (CHRISTians ). A true Christian only follows Jesus ' words. Quote any Bible verse in which Our Lord Jesus commanded his followers to kill unbelievers.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2013
abes:

Well done; I love Nairaland; it is made up of keen intelligentias in all facets n ramifications of life; I love seeing intellectual n enlightened arguments.
Do u know I had 2 take my bible 2 go tru all d quoted verses, read n reread it 2 ascertain those words; well done for ur lucid n unequivocal display of understanding...
Be that as it may; religion is d opium of. D populace (K.Marx) with it people can be ruled; keeping dat in fore sight den u get 2 understand why d muslim extremist re able 2 carry out deadly attacks even kknowing fully well, dey re not paid ;but yet intoxicated with d misguided believe dia reward is with 7 virgins abroad!!!.... In my own perspective I think what distinguishes d christains , , dem exuding calm n cauteous demeanor has 2 do with d fact dat they re taught how 2 read d bible n practise wt is written individually without senselessy n over zealously relying on a prophet or imam dat must; tell them 1 by 1 wat must or musn't be done 2 become a fervent religionist...

Unkle Ray
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2013
Ajibam: Noted@op
And what about this Mr bornfanatics: If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the LORD gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky… Take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death. – Deut 17:2-7

In 2 Chronicles 15:12-13:

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. - 2 Chron 15:12-13

Deuteronomy 13:13-19:

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases…you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 13:7-12:

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods …do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. - Deut 13:7-12

What if you take the name of the lord in vain? Leviticus chapter 24 verse 16 says:

Anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. – Lev 24:16
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by ono(m): 11:51am On Aug 18, 2013
abes:

Can you please fashion this forum with those Bible quotes?
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by deeptesting(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2013
Any step necessary to curb the activities of this criminals and protect the lives and properties of law abiding Nigerians is a welcome development......Ride on Dr. Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan....
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2013
abes:

And have you seen christian bombing mosque or non-believers around?

Just accept a simple fact, Islam is a religion of piss.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Willgates(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2013
zibi2: Quran...Muhammad's Own Words:

Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a religion...

God bless u bro....

these supposedly is coming from the chief peace maker himself.

profhate more-are-mad
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 18, 2013
ono:

Can you please fashion this forum with those Bible quotes?
so here are some:
If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the LORD gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky… Take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death. – Deut 17:2-7

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. - 2 Chron 15:12-13

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases…you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods …do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. - Deut 13:7-12

What if you take the name of the lord in vain? Leviticus chapter 24 verse 16 says:

Anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. – Lev 24:16
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by ono(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2013
honor2011:
And what about this Mr bornfanatics: If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the LORD gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky… Take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death. – Deut 17:2-7

You need some education. In no part of those verses quoted was anything ''Christian'' mentioned. Those commandments were meant strictly for the Israelites - The children of Jacob (Israel indeed is his name). So, all that you quoted is hogwash.

Try again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

G-7 Governors, Baraje, Accept Court Ruling On Tukur / I Joined APC To Help FG Fight Corruption, Says Akpabio / Prince Clem Agba Resumes As Minister Of State For Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.