Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram (13832 Views)

Plot To Move Against Obasanjo By Jonathan Creates Disagreement In Pdp / #DezianiGate: Jonathan Creates New Office In NNPC, Appoints Deputy GMD / Jonathan Creates New Office, Appoints Tukur As 'Ambassador At Large' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Earthwide: 11:54am On Aug 18, 2013
the reason for Christianity and islam Jesus and Mohamed and u can see d manifestations today in life of christians and muslims
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Willgates(m): 11:55am On Aug 18, 2013
zibi2: Quran...Muhammad's Own Words:

Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a religion...

God bless u bro....

these supposedly is coming from the chief peace maker himself.

profhate more-are-mad
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by igbsam(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2013
zeedof: you confirm it that they from the bible?? That goods, and am sure being a Christian the only holy book you believed in is bible, that means you must abide to the words in the bibles.. Oga stop criticising.. Let be focus on how to end the killing of innocent people in our country
Dude, before christ came, there was no religion. The bible Is like a record keeping book. It tells stories of old. And when christ came he also read such stories of the Bible about what happend in the days of old. When he was a kid, he reads out such stories in the synagogue. But when the time came to fulfill his purpose of why he came to earth. He abolished those rules, laws and created the new ones which is why we have the 'new testament'

During the time of christ, the read about those laws and way of living then just the way we do now.

Well, lets not focus on such. But as humans with a functioning brain with conscience and humanity in us. Killing a fellow human is wrong. All becos they don't listen to what you are forcing them to listen to. Why didn't your father kill you for going out to play football when he instructed you not to. Or why didn't your mother kill you for stealing meat from her pot of soup.

Love surpasses all things. If we have love in us, peace would reign and this is what the human race lacks.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Orikinla(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2013
How to use your mobile phone for your security and the security of every member of your family and others. This information is free for all those in Nigeria.
http://totnaija..com/2012/10/how-to-use-mobile-phone-tracker-for.html

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Afroconnect: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2013
INNARMORATA: Tot d commander is dead hence boko pipl shuld hav surrendered..Nawa 4Nigeria
U sure sound and reason like a kid.
Arab extremists are waging war against your Nation supported by rich Sheiks in Algeria,qatar and Saudi Arabia and fools like him is talking down our military.
The reasonable thing any civilized citizen does when they are under attack is to rally round their military.
In America for instance,when there is a terrorist strike,all Americans come together and support their military to destroy the common enemy.
All of you trying to talk smart or talk down our Military,I would advise you rather be grateful to them,cos if the military boys are demoralised you cowards would not join the military in their place to defend Nigeria's terrirtorial integrity,and you will be killed along with your family when the enemy gets an upperhand.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by jayone15(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2013
All of dem kp quoting d old testament(days of law)..
I wl say it again
if u cn quote where Jesus told his followers to kill unbelievers...i wl become a muslim today!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by jentlsoul: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2013
Earthwide: Pls tell us where Christ ask Christians to kill for God becus before christ there was nothing like christians, that is why u ve BC and AD
even during jesus there is not xtianity. it is after jesus xtianity came into exist
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Willgates(m): 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
zeedof: .. I so much appreciate your reply to this guy.. Not his fault, that Is how the only one existing God made us, because to me I believed we are the most clueless human on earth, if not bfor, these white people both jews and arab brought their Gods, every thing was alright according to our granny. No naked dress, boko haram, militant, robbery, ritual, adultery, fornication, hatred among us. But what surprised me most is that, they will be condemning our Gods and carry them to their land, for what please?.. Nigerian forget ur tribe or religion, let unite and fight immoral..

with undue respect sir,can u pls stop blabbing? tell me one thing in our so called culture that would have stood the test of time. is it d yearly sacrifice of a virgin girl to d gods or d killing of twin?
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by jentlsoul: 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
Willgates:

with undue respect sir,can u pls stop blabbing? tell me one thing in our so called culture that would have stood the test of time. is it d yearly sacrifice of a virgin girl to d gods or d killing of twin?
so d god u serve accept the killing of innocent. Jesus recognise other prophet before him and said he did nt come to destroyed the law of moses but to fulfill them
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by idedan(m): 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
abes: I can supply you more when you are done with these i posted above.

The greatest disaster we have in Nigeria is RELIGION (both Christianity and Islam), kick both out of Nigeria then we will have Peace, Progress and Prosperity we all deserve.. abes 2013
Bros abeg dey wise those were israelite not christians.. Those laws where dia constitution just as u hav constitution of nigeria.. Constitution of nigeria does not affect those resident outside nigeria... Those were for the jews living in jewish land under jewish religion.. Christianity is totally different from judaism.. Judaism is a religion for hebrews while Christianity is a way of life for christ followers (or Jesus believers) whose kingdom is not of this earth.. Pls listen to the teachings of Jesus and learn more.. Jesus tot us love, he showed love and encouraged us to love and warned us not to judged odas and we should respect earthly authorities.. I don't have to say much., just go to d bible and study d life of Jesus and his disciples and the apostles den u will know christianity ( a way of life and believe in Jesus christ) is of peace not of evil.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Deeman87: 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
abes:

If u dnt undastnd d bible pls visit any church around 4 mor clarificatn,I bliv d man of God wil b hapy 2 reciv u....old testament things! Woke up bro
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Wsdm: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2013

Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a religion...
Note that all these verses where revealed to make the Muslims proactive in defence against aggression from the unbelievers.
Since you know the Qoran very well have you also checked the following verses:
Q 2vs 256 ; " let there be no compulsion in religion; truth stands out clear from Error.
Q 2vs 257; God is the Protector of those who have faith, from the depths of darkness He will lead them to light.
Q 6vs 85 , And Zakaryau and John and JESUS and Elias All in the ranks of the Righteous.
Q 4vs 158; Nay, God raised him(JESUS) up unto Himself and God is Exalted in Power, Wise.
Q 17vs 33; Nor take life which God Has made sacred except For just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully We have given his heir Authority ( to demand ransom or to forgive). But let him Not exceed bounds in matter of taking life; for he is helped ( by the law).
There are so many you may like to read, but your brain have been clouded with darkness which make it very difficult for you to see.
Dubai, Saudi Arabia, abu Delhi and host of other Islamic countries are heavens for tourism for all and sundry, but you people only know of those plunged in war.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
@Abes or whatever u call urself...you were fast enough to start putting up scriptures from the bible in order to prove a point...thanks to Google using the search string "Parts where the bible says christians should kill" but let me bring to your notice or rather ask you and other "Christian haterz" here who applaud you for your "copy and paste" rhetorics a question...
All the parts of the bible you posted were all in the OLD TESTAMENT...Why was there none in the new testament?...hang on to that thought yet...

Secondly, how many present day christians have you seen, witnessed or even heard of practicing these things? It is uncommon to hear that some teenager was killed because he/she slapped the father...et al

Thirdly, doesn't it occur to you that these are mosaic laws of Moses which are practised mostly by some religions such as Judaism and OH...ISLAM ITSELF?

My conclusion: These laws were of the old testament and that is why God sent his son Jesus Christ to save us from the bondage of these laws as stated in Galatians chapter 3 v13 (A part of the bible which you overlooked) and it says according to the New Translated Version (NTV): "But Christ has rescued us from the curse
pronounced by the law. When he was hung on
the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our
wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures,
"Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."
That means that prior to the coming of Jesus, we were accountable to and bonded by those laws but when Jesus came, he decided to save us and heap those laws on himself whereby paying the ultimate price with his life.

That was why he said, "IT IS FINISHED"...which means no more atonement by animal sacrifice, no more being stoned to death for adultery (ponder on that as a muslim) cos he CHRIST came to save and not to condemn like Mohammed came to do. Remember what he told the woman who was caught in the act of adultery where he asked her, "Woman where are those who condemn you?" And when she said, they have all left, he said, "Neither will i condemn you also; Go and sin no more." That woman was lucky to be in the right place at the right time cos if it was "the other guy" (we all know who i am talking about) i'm sure she would have been pelted with stones till she becomes nothing but tomato paste.

So Mr Abes, before casting aspertions and shooting yourself on the foot, ponder over that part of the Bible that is if the mold will be removed from your eyes for you to understand cos it only takes those who see the light to understand it but unfortunately, you are in darkness! Come to the light...Receive Jesus now!
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Osedidi(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2013

Am amazed at this, what a religion indeed if this is actually true
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by deeptesting(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
All you Christians and Muslims are impostors and worshippers of false God........

"God has no religion"
Mahatma Ghandhi
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by saolab: 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
abes:

thank you very much.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Osedidi(m): 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
abes:

I don't why some you religious bigots are quick to bring some quotes from the quran just to spread your hate towards islam. Do you know there are tonnes of quotes that supports killing of non-believers in the bible?

Please quote I will be very happy to learn of them
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Lordlexy: 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
abes:
If they don't carry out the instructions as stated in the Bible, then they are non-believers.
Your ignorance sparks like a thousand stars. Have you ever wonder why Christians anywhere don't practice these? because, all of the law had been fulfilled in Christ, and we are the redeemed of the Lord birthed in grace and love and not in violence, hatred and hostility. NOTE: Bible did not state that Paul slain anyone but God's Spirit.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by deeptesting(m): 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
Religion does three things quite effectively: Divides people, Controls people, Deludes people. - Carlespie Mary Alice McKinney
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by deeptesting(m): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
"The world holds two classes of men - intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence." - Abu Ala Al-Maari

“People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.”

Dave Barry.

Religion means not wanting to know what is true. — Friedrich Nietzsche

"So far as religion of the day is concerned, it is a damned fake. Religion is all bunk." - Thomas Alva Edison

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration--courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and, above all, love of the truth."- H. L. Mencken

Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." --Thomas Jefferson

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo

"Since no one really knows anything about God, those who think they do are just troublemakers." Rabia Al-Basri

“Hence today I believe I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator” –Adolph Hitler

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. - Frater Ravus

"We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake." - Catherine Fahringer
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by jayone15(m): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2013
Such a jonzing world!!
deeptesting: All you Christians and Muslims are impostors and worshippers of false God........

"God has no religion"
Mahatma Ghandhi
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Lordlexy: 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
igbsam: @Abes. Those rules you quoted there above from the Bible are made by the priests of God before christ came into this world. But when christ came, the one and greatest commandment he gave was to love your neighbours as yourself.

He went as far as showing such love by laying down his life. He even expressed such love by going to dine with zacheus and also the same love was shown to the prostitute. He also accepted sinners into his fold and made them his disciples.

Christ teaches love and not hate. He abolished those laws of old and brought salvation to the world.

Christ is a messenger of God and so is Mohammed. Christ thought his followers love to all humans of different races, characters, backgrounds and not hate. What did mohammed teach his followers.

Love is when the thief on the cross asked christ to remember him in paradise and he replied him with an answer to bring him into his father's house. Love is the teachings of the Bible and not hatred.

We all serve one God both Christians and Muslims. His messengers are jesus and mohammed. So its what his servants teaches you that you follow. Jesus teaches love and never asked for us to fight our neighbours. But what did mohammed teach ?

Pls don't take my posts on the wrong side. Just saying it to my own understanding and I could be wrong to some people here. But my own contribution sha.
@igbsam and jayone, in as much as i totaly agreed with your respective posts, i bet to differ that we serve the samd God. Pls, we should refrain from that statement, because accepting that will be discrediting the God of our Lord Jesus Christ and justifying their evil deed.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Lordlexy: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
igbsam: @Abes. Those rules you quoted there above from the Bible are made by the priests of God before christ came into this world. But when christ came, the one and greatest commandment he gave was to love your neighbours as yourself.

He went as far as showing such love by laying down his life. He even expressed such love by going to dine with zacheus and also the same love was shown to the prostitute. He also accepted sinners into his fold and made them his disciples.

Christ teaches love and not hate. He abolished those laws of old and brought salvation to the world.

Christ is a messenger of God and so is Mohammed. Christ thought his followers love to all humans of different races, characters, backgrounds and not hate. What did mohammed teach his followers.

Love is when the thief on the cross asked christ to remember him in paradise and he replied him with an answer to bring him into his father's house. Love is the teachings of the Bible and not hatred.

We all serve one God both Christians and Muslims. His messengers are jesus and mohammed. So its what his servants teaches you that you follow. Jesus teaches love and never asked for us to fight our neighbours. But what did mohammed teach ?

Pls don't take my posts on the wrong side. Just saying it to my own understanding and I could be wrong to some people here. But my own contribution sha.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by hunter21(m): 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2013
Any mentally upright person should be ashamed to post or reply any religious comment on a thread like this. Isn't it obvious that every religion has shortcomings, what is the point of coming here to quote the quran, are you suggesting that we convert over 80million muslim to christians as the only path to peace?
This thread is about a new division in the Nigerian army.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Ironi: 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
This is the difference between the Quoran killings and bible killings.

The Quoran killings came from Muhammed himself and he led by example, leading his soldiers in invasion, ambushing , looting and killings.

The Bible killings are largely laws which people were supposed to live by during biblical days. They were laws made for a primitive era and this is why you don't see it in practice anymore.

Christianity has been transformed over the years and this is why it is a better religion than Islam.

I believe Islam as a religion needs to be reformed and the Quran re-written but Islam pride itself with the fact that they are practicing exactly what Mhhammed said.

You can't lift laws written for primitive people living thousands of years ago and bring it to modern men.

It won't work.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by anonimi: 1:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
abes:
If they don't carry out the instructions as stated in the Bible, then they are non-believers.

You need to go through your quotes from the Bible again to find out that your above assertion is very wrong.

CHRISTians (followers of the teachings of Christ as spelt out in the four gospels and supported by other scriptures in the Bible) do not need to carry out instructions that are NOT directed at them.
Your quotes reflect

* what God will do to those who disobey Him, NOT what His followers/believers need to do on his BEHALF.
* instructions related to the war times of Israel against its neighbours and enslavers in the Old Testament.

Was it Peter who killed the two people in the text from Acts of Apostles that you quoted?
If yes, how did he kill them?
With what weapons

Now consider what Christ's instructions are concerning those who do not accept His message as preached by His follwoers:

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Matthew 10:14
http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=matthew+10%3A14&ver=kjv&as_within=40-43

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Mark 6:11
http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=mark+6%3A11&ver=kjv

And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

Luke 9:5
http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=luke+9%3A5&ver=kjv

In short CHRISTianity is not by force and God does not need anyone to kill people on His behalf because they do not want to worship in a particular RELIGION's way/method.
It should stand to reason that any god that requires his followers to kill those who refuse to worship in his particular way cannot be ALMIGHTY. Or can he/she

@ OP, It should be increasingly obvious to our compatriots that Jonathan is slowly but steadily dealing with the TERRORIST challenges thrown at him by those who believe they are born-to-rule even though the many decades they ruled us before was pure disaster.
Meanwhile the previously shoeless boy from Otuoke continues to deliver on rectifying the deep rot in our socio-economic life slowly through well thought out POLICIES.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by deeptesting(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives and not the pattern of their words. I think he would prefer an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God, God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul. ~Isaac Asimov.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by deeptesting(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
The last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument: "It is the will of god."
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by tatosh: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2013

Hello Ignoramus, in the first place none of the words in the Quran is from Muhammad(SAW), every word in the Quran is divine and directly comes God.
It is obvious you don't even understand what the verses you quoted denote, you simply quoted them out of hate.
The above verses are not in isolation in the Quran, they were happenings and other verses that follow upto the revelation of this particular verses. If only you will take your time to understand.
There are various verses in the Bible that orders to kill but I cannot come here and quote them in isolation as stupidly as you because they have their own distinct meanings.
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by deeptesting(m): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfullly as when they do it from a religious conviction" Blaise Pascale
Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Nonybb: 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2013

The purest joy in islam is to kill and be killed for allah ___Khomeini Ayatollah

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Creates Maiduguri-based Army Division For Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
I saw this coming ,taking a detailed look at the orbat of NA consisting of 5 divisions .me thinks each zones ought to have a division with emphasis on the terrain of such zones say an amphbious/counterinsurgency/specal forces division taking care of the niger delta ,desert trained/counterinsurgency/infantry/armored/ special forces/air wing consisting attack helicopters division with Hq in maiduguri as we have now.
other divisions such as
1 division ,2 division ,81 division ,82 division and 3rd Amored division can be adjusted to create balance. i see another division with Hq in Portharcourt coming.
An Ex-boy's opinion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#EndSARS Started In National Assembly - Alhassan Ado-Doguwa / To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra / I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.