Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. (5836 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / The Gaps In Our Beliefs. / Why Cant We Discuss Our beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

First, why are there no inconsistencies in science videos unlike your supernatural ones grin

I will believe in the supernatural when there is evidence for it.

The simple evidence i would like to see is someone healing an amputee. I dont care if it is a christian, satanist or herbalist that does the healing...i will believe the persons god or powers.

Healing an amputee cant be faked
research on smith wigglesworth. You'll soon see it with your own eyes though.

For the record, our faith in Gods power makes it real and creates the visual and evidence part, not the other way round.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
Chibuebem: research on smith wigglesworth. You'll soon see it with your own eyes though.

For the record, our faith in Gods power makes it real and creates the visual and evidence part, not the other way round.

Of course, that is why I treat you dismissively the same way I would treat an ignorant child.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by jayriginal: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I think your first encounter is possibly explained by your body not used to the fruit, the reactions you describe could be a result of chemicals in the fruit.

As in eh, this chap is something else. He consumed poison yet he thinks there is something spiritual to it. He even wrote that his father gave him palm oil to drink. PALM OIL! If that doesnt point out the problem, then nothing will. (He called it red oil though). Hilariously, he didnt tell us if he "had a witch".

For anyone who doesnt get it, palm oil is often used as a way of neutralizing ingested toxins.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by jayriginal: 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

As for the bulletproof ish I will only shoot if an affidavit is signed by the bullet-proof charm wearer that if he forfeits his life it's his fault. When you reply I will share an experience of mine.

That still wont be legal. Better to test it on something inanimate.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I was just alluding to atheists who have/have had superstitious beliefs, in particular New Age stuff.

Im still in the middle with what you called superstitious beliefs. Is it knowing something without understanding the basis of how and why it happened or what exactly is it you mean by superstitious beliefs here?

Read well. I never said you brought up spirits so I didn't put anything in your mouth. I was saying that you should apply science-based skepticism/reasoning to the encounters you shared. This is why some people disbelieve in the supernatural, if you've read The God Delusion you'll note how Dawkins accounted for an event a person could have attributed to a spirit.

I wont dispute your points here but there are stuff at present you dont know how it happen but it does happened. Maybe you can take a trip to Ikogosi Ekiti and inspect what makes a specific spring there warm. Haha, Im not saying you should believe it supernatural as I didn't claim it supernatural. We know spring water is cool in normal sense, but warm of it becomes paranormal. You can come here to tell me it weather or some burners are under the spring water. I have to wait maybe you will nail me here, best of luck.

I think your first encounter is possibly explained by your body not used to the fruit, the reactions you describe could be a result of chemicals in the fruit.

I didn't say it not chemical. All I said was I dont know how it really happens. I told my dad everything but he didn't say anything. And this knowledge is not something that started around 2006, it has been from the olden days where knowledge of chemical is not known. Also, you didn't show me if my teacher was right when he stated that any witch that taste the treeback will confess or mention the chemical from treeback that makes person confess.

Your second event is quite baffling. Are you sure the entire book was blank ? Maybe the thing blank as per say Orunmila sabi say you no go worship Eledumare grin As for being wrong, I won't put it that way. I'll put it as funny you say you believe in such since you are an atheist.

Again you are pinning my head on believe.....cant you differentiate it from knowing? I know very little about ifa divination and it processes. This is some of the things I acquired from mixing with people. Let me give you an illustration, when a babalawo wants to do some divination, some use ikin or Opele. Opele has eight seeds divides into two. Each seed also has a face and back. When the babalawo greets ifa, he give the opele to divine seeker to ask any question from their mind. This time if you are the divine seeker, you dont need grammers or words of your mouth there, just speak what ever in your mind silently to the oracle. The babalawo hit the Oracle on the plain ground. If the seeds by the left shows open face and the right shows open face, it is Odu Ejiogbe. And if it shows closed face in the left and closed in the right side, it is Odu Oyeku meji. But the ish here is that how the babalawo knows the exact thing you didn't speak verbally but in your mind. Last time I check, those seed dont have recorder or mind reading programmes embedded in it. The babalawo will reveal details of things as if he was there. Normal thing is if you were there when it happened or else, you cant speak about things you dont know. Abi I lie? This is what I want to do. I got a book that explain in details about ifa divination with some many incantations but I can reveal anything or see anything of the past like the babalawo does

Okay. You see fact in it.

Now why would you want a skeptic to find merit in the stories you shared ? Is it testable and repeatable ? Especially the Ifa one. I have played the skeptic and suggested an explanation for the first.

It is testable, repeatable and easily verified. This is things I have done but not everything can be posted here. This is why we are human, we can make research and acquire more knowledge about things. Kindly research on OSANYIN if you are close to any babalawo. It speaks like the yet expected or dreamed sixth generation computer. It has artificial intelligence but it just a piece of wood statue. It got no wiring or speaker but converse with divination seekers directly. How it happens, I dont know. But you get hand on one and use some screw drivers and other electric applicance looking for what not necessary.

As for the bulletproof ish I will only shoot if an affidavit is signed by the bullet-proof charm wearer that if he forfeits his life it's his fault. When you reply I will share an experience of mine.

When research on brain started by the so called scientist, were human used or animal? Whats wrong with using animal? You dont even shoot any part of the body like hand or leg which will only cause injury if it failed but you like aiming head. Is that how to do research?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
jayriginal:

As in eh, this chap is something else. He consumed poison yet he thinks there is something spiritual to it. He even wrote that his father gave him palm oil to drink. PALM OIL! If that doesnt point out the problem, then nothing will. (He called it red oil though). Hilariously, he didnt tell us if he "had a witch".

For anyone who doesnt get it, palm oil is often used as a way of neutralizing ingested toxins.

Lol I didn't tell you if im a witch. Which kind mentality this so called educated people dey get sometime?

Epo obo is not poison. Dont be this si.... Some people put it in their jug and drink water from the jug. Nobodies die or complain after drinking the water.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by jayriginal: 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

When research on brain started by the so called scientist, were human used or animal? Whats wrong with using animal? You dont even shoot any part of the body like hand or leg which will only cause injury if it failed but you like aiming head. Is that how to do research?

grin
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by jayriginal: 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lol I didn't tell you if im a witch. Which kind mentality this so called educated people dey get sometime?

I have no idea what that thing is but from your reaction you ingested something that is not good for you and you were given palm oil as an antidote. Your own words.

Epo obo is not poison. Dont be this si.... Some people put it in their jug and drink water from the jug. Nobodies die or complain after drinking the water.

Yeah? Michelle Lotito ate an airplane and he didnt complain and he died of natural causes.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
jayriginal:

I have no idea what that thing is but from your reaction you ingested something that is not good for you and you were given palm oil as an antidote. Your own words.

So when it in the water, it good for me right?

Yeah? Michelle Lotito ate an airplane and he didnt complain and he died of natural causes.

Whats my problem with Michelle? This is treeback not plane
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by jayriginal: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

So when it in the water, it good for me right?

I have no idea.

Whats my problem with Michelle? This is treeback not plane

Im going by the way you reacted to it. Do you throw up when you swallow eba?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Judas2013: 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
Logicboy03: Sorry to butt in.

Well, I am happy that you guys are assessing your beliefs.

However, remember that there are optical illusions and magic tricks. Uyi claims to have seen a trance and Bolaino claims to have seen a herbalist do some witchcraft/voodoo.

I remember seeing a man claim that he has put a spell on a wall and that no one could touch it. He randomly picked some people to try and touch the wall. Some ran to the wall trying to kick it and some tried to touch it. They were all repelled from the wall!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Was the wall man doing magic? No, he was doing simple science. There were magnets in the wall and magnets on the people that ran to the wall. What do like poles of a magnet do? Repel each other.

Advanced science to the unwary is magic.

Correct!
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
jayriginal:

I have no idea.

Im going by the way you reacted to it. Do you throw up when you swallow eba?

What kind of question is this? I throw up after eaten this treeback not after swallowing eba. Lol

And the vomiting stopped after taking the palm oil your so called antidote
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Im still in the middle with what you called superstitious beliefs. Is it knowing something without understanding the basis of how and why it happened or what exactly is it you mean by superstitious beliefs here?

No. You can know that thunder strikes without knowing how and not be superstitious. When you claim the thunder is from Sango jealous over Oya then superstition it is. Superstition can be defined as fanciful, erroneous beliefs that have poor evidence. Arbitration matters in determining a belief as superstition.

FOLYKAZE:
I wont dispute your points here but there are stuff at present you dont know how it happen but it does happened. Maybe you can take a trip to Ikogosi Ekiti and inspect what makes a specific spring there warm. Haha, Im not saying you should believe it supernatural as I didn't claim it supernatural. We know spring water is cool in normal sense, but warm of it becomes paranormal. You can come here to tell me it weather or some burners are under the spring water. I have to wait maybe you will nail me here, best of luck.

Ikogosi spring isn't paranormal to me. Iceland is one of the coldest regions in the world and they have natural hot springs people even bathe in. I surmise there are places where heat from below the earth warms such water bodies. I have a fair collection of facts in my head from which to judge things as normal or not. I'm not interested in nailing you for now tbh.

FOLYKAZE:
I didn't say it not chemical. All I said was I dont know how it really happens. I told my dad everything but he didn't say anything. And this knowledge is not something that started around 2006, it has been from the olden days where knowledge of chemical is not known. Also, you didn't show me if my teacher was right when he stated that any witch that taste the treeback will confess or mention the chemical from treeback that makes person confess.

I'm skeptical of witches so I doubt your teacher's claims until I see it for myself, it's possible though and would be a good example of the paranormal.

FOLYKAZE:
Again you are pinning my head on believe.....cant you differentiate it from knowing? I know very little about ifa divination and it processes. This is some of the things I acquired from mixing with people. Let me give you an illustration, when a babalawo wants to do some divination, some use ikin or Opele. Opele has eight seeds divides into two. Each seed also has a face and back. When the babalawo greets ifa, he give the opele to divine seeker to ask any question from their mind. This time if you are the divine seeker, you dont need grammers or words of your mouth there, just speak what ever in your mind silently to the oracle. The babalawo hit the Oracle on the plain ground. If the seeds by the left shows open face and the right shows open face, it is Odu Ejiogbe. And if it shows closed face in the left and closed in the right side, it is Odu Oyeku meji. But the ish here is that how the babalawo knows the exact thing you didn't speak verbally but in your mind. Last time I check, those seed dont have recorder or mind reading programmes embedded in it. The babalawo will reveal details of things as if he was there. Normal thing is if you were there when it happened or else, you cant speak about things you dont know. Abi I lie? This is what I want to do. I got a book that explain in details about ifa divination with some many incantations but I can reveal anything or see anything of the past like the babalawo does

Okay. Did you ask the babalawo some things only you are privy to, to be sure ? In any case, I don't do babalawo's, but I had a similar mind-reading event in a church by a prophet. I attended one event involving Bishp Osei-Tutu and happened to be at the front row, he's preaching and all of a sudden he points at me and says as I recall 'I had a dream your father put your head to in a shrine.' I was surprised because he, by saying that, quickened a deep-seated memory I had of when my Dad took me when I was barely 5 to, as he said, dedicate me to Ogun, I tried to run away when we got to the place cuz it looked eerie, even though it was afternoon, my Dad grabbed me and carried be and stuck my head in one container of sorts. I don't think that was by any chance a luck-guess moreso since the MOG did the same for others and they confirmed. On asing if his dream was correct, I simply nodded my head. Do you believe prophets can 'mind-read' like that babalawo.

FOLYKAZE:
It is testable, repeatable and easily verified. This is things I have done but not everything can be posted here. This is why we are human, we can make research and acquire more knowledge about things. Kindly research on OSANYIN if you are close to any babalawo. It speaks like the yet expected or dreamed sixth generation computer. It has artificial intelligence but it just a piece of wood statue. It got no wiring or speaker but converse with divination seekers directly. How it happens, I dont know. But you get hand on one and use some screw drivers and other electric applicance looking for what not necessary.

Please give me some links or contacts, so I'll check them out. I know there's Google, I want those frome one with personal experience. This is a subject ripe for scientific enquiry. Maybe James Randi and co are scared to come to these parts to do their skeptic inquiry because they fear they'll see the real deal. They can start from the home of jazz_Edo cool

FOLYKAZE:

Okay, then. I'll be fine if the charm protects an animal. But to be sure, do you actually believe in 'Odeichi' ? Isakaba thingz grin
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Which is why I say it must have been a bodily reaction, you know some kids used to be called abiku. But we now know of blood types leading to SS kids who easily get sick especially at birth. We also know many people drink milk and don't die or complain, but lactose-intolerant people do.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
Judas2013: Correct!

Actually, I have seen a trance. It isn't a claim, it is a fact logicboy didn't witness.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hemical: Uyi, your point reminds me of dawkins' God's irreducible complex immunity. If they need a cause outside of themselves, what caused that first cause? First cause regression argument has been there for ages and I think the beauty of science is the fact that you can disagree with anything and come up with better theories which is what you are doing with David Christian and all you have to do is go out and look for other people who have views that may appeal to you. Science evolves based on technological advances and every theory is always a ground for improvision. IDs fail to tell us what caused the designer. Or are we incapable of finding answers to that? On the issue of aliens, even with an intelligent designer, do you think Earth is the only place he could come up with to place "living" things? Looks like you know him well enough to think he can't make other "living" things and place them any other place outside earth. P.S: I'm not supporting any sighting or conspiracy. But come to think of it, why should you think earth is the only place where "living" things can be?

Of course, we are incapable of finding answers to God's designer since by definition God is self-existent. I don't think the question of the Designer's designer is posed for an answer, it is used to counter the notion of God as the designer. I wonder whether you know well enough to say there should be life outside earth. I disagree most importantly because I deign to, of course if an advanced alien civilization is out there we should have seen it. Or to press the point home further, I disagree for the same reasons atheists disbelieve in God, the first being lack of evidence for aliens, sure God could have made aliens or ET life but nobe so far.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Hemical: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Of course, we are incapable of finding answers to God's designer since by definition God is self-existent. I don't think the question of the Designer's designer is posed for an answer, it is used to counter the notion of God as the designer. I wonder whether you know well enough to say there should be life outside earth. I disagree most importantly because I deign to, of course if an advanced alien civilization is out there we should have seen it. Or to press the point home further, I disagree for the same reasons atheists disbelieve in God, the first being lack of evidence for aliens, sure God could have made aliens or ET life but nobe so far.
you made it sound like it's just something used to counter and oh! throw it out of the window. Tell me it isn't logical to ask. And then, I'm not surprised you made use of "incapable". And well, I am usually careful of assertions. I never said "should".. It's all a probability. "May" is what I most definitely use. And seriously? "we should have seen it?"... You really think of space as your bedroom. I'll like you to define "we" first as I laugh away in mesmerization
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
@ Uyi Iredia

I didn't claim in any of my post that those reaction I witnessed was from supernatural sources. I only said I dont know how and why but know and witnessed it happens. I see no reason you will tag my knowing as superstitious.

I didn't claim we dont have warm spring in other places in the world. My main point there was that I went there, saw it, touch it with my hand and have known that something of such exist. I dont care about how it came there for now or what makes it hot. I didn't ascribe it to any supernatural but from my experience through other spring I have visited in my area, they are all cool except that in Ikogosi. When I was on the Idanre hill, I saw springs and swim in some but are all cool. Yes from what I read about warm spring, it caused by heat beneat the water.....the reason I said nature is super enough and everything in nature is wonderful/amazing. What I normally know is spring are cool but when I found hot or warm spring, it become paranormal to me.

Heya, we live different environment. I have not experienced any witch flying in the night but I have seen cases of people confessing. Im from Ikale community in Ondo state. There is something called Imole here. It is spiritual force though. I have not seen it strucking people who do evil down but I can boldly say I have some cases of confessing and claiming to be witch. Either they fly or not, I dont know. I had report of more than three but saw one of them confessing in the public.
Like I was told by those that give answers to my question, I deduced that when a witch is operating within the range or vicinity where this Imole is and the witch do something evil, the spirit will struck the witch and from then on, the witch start having sickness of different versions. Even though he/she is fat, within three or four days, he/she will lean to bone. And there is ground for the witch to confess his/her bad deed in public and to those harmed by the him/her or die within seven days. Spirits, I dont believe because it is connected with lies and tales but if it called energies, im good with that. How the Imole spirit struck witch, I dont know. If what the witch confessing in the public is truth or false, I dont know but there are pointers to it be truth. All I know is a lean man, confessing in the public and/or die within days. Like you said, you can research on it. Play your ball in way you good with.

LOL. I do anything that comes my way. I have tried some babalawo and they failed. This happened mostly when cases of stealing occur to my neighbourhood. Anywhere them go, I go follow and see things. The babalawo must first show us he is able to prove whom the thief is. We the #teamobserver and #team jungle lawyer and justice will test him by hiding any substance within ourselves for the baba to prove who hold the substance. Some babalawo fails and some success. We have some white garment pastors doing this too. Also, be it pastor, prophet, Alfa or lemamu....this is the only thing in my environment. I test anything that come my way.

Now to answer your question, if the prophet pass my test, he worth believing not serving. The same way I will believe in intelligent guessing and accurate prediction of the FBI. Doesn't matter if I can explain how they do it....all I can say is that they pass my test.

Are you kidding me? Please google composition of Opa Eyin.....it a local herb or google the testimony from people that use or witness Afaatoo. Do we not have those herbs in our street? Are people not using it like normal western medicine and working for them? Like my friends will say, when your gal is around, go sack jedi. Do we have composition of jedi on the internet?

Read about Osanyin here http://www.originalbotanica.com/osanyin-p-26236.html
and here http://brotherpeacemaker./2007/09/08/my-fifth-night-with-osanyin/
or read the abstract here http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/4514/
You can download full write up about it here http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/4514/1/4514_1978.pdf?UkUDh:CyT

But there is one thing I want you to know, dont end your research on reading from stuff on the internet. Personal contact and witness is more essential and more convincing. Also, yoruba people are know with myth but this doesn't change the fact that they have some iota of truth. Like my dear pal will say, fact originate from fable.

I have witnessed bulletproof jujul. Isakaba boys are only known to me through movie. But bros, Odechi, I have witnessed it before and ready to proof it to you.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Actually, I have seen a trance. It isn't a claim, it is a fact logicboy didn't witness.

You have seen a trance and believe it because you either personally experienced it or you have someone that convincingly experienced it. Now Logicboy throw will throw your points through the window because it trance is alien to him and he didn't experience it.

I got the same ball here, trance is supernatural stands to logicboy but it normal and happens to you because you experienced it one way or the other. But where are we, you throw my claims out of the window either because you have not experience it or you just want to deny it.

KARMA INDEED IS A BI.TCH. We got the same balls here
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 6:06am On Aug 22, 2013
@uyi, my sincerest apologies bros, my schedule for the week has just been too hectic, abeg no vex bros.

So far very sound and logical arguments have been raised, and there are points I would like us to expantiate on more, and they are the possibility of life else where on the universe, and how to prove the supernatural,

I sincerely think that there might be life out there, somewhere in a galaxy or planet, or moon, although there's no concrete evidence to support these claims, but from one or two evidences we could deduce that there ETs in other planets, we have seen archaeologists dig up ancient texts dating back thousands of years, claiming to have encountered, beings from the sky, examples of such texts, are the sumerian tablets, dating back thousands of years, and even other great archaeological findings support the claims of life elsewhere,

The nazca lines in peru for example. These drawings can only be seen when u get to a very high altitude, before u can see them, and there was no way the people then could make those drawings if they weren't in some sort of flying machine, even drawings in the pyramids of giza give credence to the ETs theory, there are carvings on the wall of what seemed to be helicopters, with people worshiping these flying objects, and mind you, these drawings were made thousands of years,

Archaeologically, nearly every civilization on this earth has a story to tell about giant Gods coming from the sky to assist them or to enslave them.

And about proving the supernatural, logicboy raised some salient points, one of them being, why hasn't anyone of us seen an amputee who received his or her leg, after being prayed for? Well personally I wonder about that, but I think there would be an explanation for something like that, from the supernatural angle, maybe there's a "contract clause" in the healing of amputees, lol
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 8:19am On Aug 22, 2013
Where everybody @?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2013
bolaino: Where everybody @?

I need to worship my Ori, Ogun, Sango and other forces holding the universe. Hmmmm morning.....im here

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

What was your trance like?What induced it? Am truly curious.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 22, 2013
@folykaze,with all you've said on this thread,i doubt you're an atheist.What ever makes you believe those experiences of yours are evidences of the paranormal,should also make you examine paranormal claims of other religions.Maybe you're just anti-foreign religious like pagan naija.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2013
Beretta92: @folykaze,with all you've said on this thread,i doubt you're an atheist.What ever makes you believe those experiences of yours are evidences of the paranormal,should also make you examine paranormal claims of other religions.Maybe you're just anti-foreign religious like pagan naija.

I don die. Anyway im still an atheist. I dont do religion. It scam. Africa doesn't have religion.....we have spirituality, philosophy and realism according to my understanding.

Let me show you reason im still an atheist....
Theism according to http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=theism is Belief in the existence of a god or gods, especially belief in a personal God as creator and ruler of the world. why atheism means a (rejection or opposite) + theism. I dont believe in God the creator of world, the ruler and maker of world, the humanic nature God (laugh, angry, walk, talk, live, die, sit, rest and depicted with human character), omnis and other religious attribute this being can have. It lie and product of mind.

Though...I agree with some people here that says God is the totality of force and energy in the universe. It mean you, I and other things in the nature are God. Also if by saying God, you could mean admiration, respect and thing thats due for honour.....like I will say, fela is my god/deity. I dont worship fela but love, admire, and honour his concept, philosophy, and style of life. I see fela as God but not as creator of the world or ruler of the world. Im not bowing down to his image or calling on people to worship him. I just admire his ways and that made him my God.

We know the world now is a slam between science and spirituality (religion). Please understand that religion is different from spirituality and is not even necessarily affiliated with religion. And also take away the corrupt depiction of spirit as one walking monster that kills, talk, destroy or deliver message from you mind. People are programmed to belive that science oppose spirituality and/or one is truth, reality and fact and other is false, delusion and myth. Well I see science and spirituality are two sides of a coin.

This is exactly what spirituality is.
The idea of a process or journey of self-discovery and of learning not only who you are, but who you want to be.

The challenge of reaching beyond your current limits. This can include keeping an open mind, questioning current beliefs, or trying to better understand others' beliefs.

A connectedness to yourself and to others. Spirituality is personal, but it is also rooted in being connected with others and with the world around you. This connection can facilitate you finding "your place in the world."

Meaning, purpose, and direction. Spirituality, while it doesn't necessarily solve or reach conclusions, often embraces the concept of searching and moving forward in the direction of meaning, purpose, and direction for your life.

http://swc.osu.edu/about-us/spirituality/

Haha, the buddhist, jain and Ifa practitioners are spiritual but I think religion has stolen, taken over and corrupt this beliefs. But if we are going to say, buddhist are atheist, jains are atheist so also the ifa practitioners are atheist but as well agree that religion fanatism has taken over.

Now to explain what I mean by paranormal. When you see a body of water and feel it temperature with your hand it wil be normally cool but when you feel hot or warm temperature, isn't that going beyond normal? I dont know anything about except what your username and post on nairaland which is my normal understanding of things im in contact and aware of.....but when I brief and give details of things I have not come in contact with or aware of.....will you call it normal? Paranormal to me is I cant explain how, why or way but I know this things happen. So to better put, I dont subscribe to supernaturals......everything I see in nature is super. We need to continue question and answering those we know.

I dont hate foreign religion. I love jesus christ teaching like love, charity and respect for authorities (paying tax, respect national orders and patriotism) but hate christianity concept of exploiting, forcing of believe on others throat, spreading of lies, slapping witch, looking down on other religion as doom.....etc. Like pagan9ja will always say....if you believe in his or her gods, you worship with him but if you dont believe in his gods, you dine with him. I celebrate christmas with christian friends and sometime visit church on friend's invitation.

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I need to worship my Ori, Ogun, Sango and other forces holding the universe. Hmmmm morning.....im here
hahahaha, hailings bros, bros make I come join u, but ogun go fit give person money if he go fit lemme know ooo, make I run come meet u. Lol
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 12:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
@folykaze, nicely put mann, I dey feel u,
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
@folykaze,maybe you're only atheist with respect to anthropomorphic gods(am also atheist wrt such gods,einstein was too);yet if in your spirituality you're certain that gods exist in whatever form,then you aren't atheist in the true or complete sense of the word.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
bolaino: hahahaha, hailings bros, bros make I come join u, but ogun go fit give person money if he go fit lemme know ooo, make I run come meet u. Lol

Ogun will give you money.....but you need to understand that Ogun is not humanlike monster depicted in religion. Ogun is the owner of wealth, strength and justice

Except of Oriki Ogun from Odu Ogunda Meji in Ifa

OGUN AWO. OLUMAKI, ALASE A JUBA

OGUN NI JO TI MA LANA LATI ODE

OGUN ONIRE, ONILE KANGUN-DANGUN ODE ORUN EGBE LEHIN

PA SAN BO PON AO LANA

IMO KIMO BORA EGBE LEHIN A NLE A BENGE OLOGBE

Translation

SPIRIT OF THE MYSTER OF IRON, CHIEF OF STRENGTH

SPIRIT OF IRON DANCES OUTSIDE TO OPEN THE ROAD

SPIRIT OF IRON, OWNER OF GOOD FORTUNE, OWNER OF MANHOUSE IN HEAVEN HELP THOSE WHO JOURNEY

TO REMOVE THE OBSTRUCTIONS FROM OUR PATH

WISDOM OF THE WARRIOR SPIRIT, GUIDE US THROUGH OUR SPIRITUAL JOURNEY WITH STRENGTH
ASE ASE ASESE-O

OGUN is primal energy, Energy (cant be created nor destroyed) is God, God is energy. Ogun is the force within your computer. Ogun is technology. Ogun is the force of gravity, the force of attraction. Ogun represents the tools that shape man, bringing out a person's potential, enhancing one's life. Ogun controls life and death. Ogun is our heart beat and the final contraction during birth. Ogun is auto accidents and gun wounds. Ogun is the warrior, hunter and farmer. Ogun is the God of loyalty and life-long friendships. Ogun is the master of secrets, skills, crafts, professions and creations. Ogun is the Orisa of barbers, doctors, butchers, etc., any occupation that uses knives or blades, or iron tools. Ogun cut a path through the bush. Ogun provides the tools which are essential to creating civilization. Ogun is evolutionary energy. It is technology. Like all the Orisa, Ogun has two opposing attributes which seem in conflict, but are actually two sides of the same coin (create and destroy). Seeing Ogun as a humanlike-God depicted in myths and religion is wrong.

Ermm, we are really different when viewing things. This is the greatest reason I wont agree with some atheist here like logicboy who lash insult on traditional belief, call it whole lot of sh1t and think it just crap. He lacks understanding about traditional belief or perhaps see it from western view (the corrupt, demonized and shred piece of sh1t from blacks). Looking at Ooman, he doesn't not know, he skeptical, doesn't discriminate or lash words but wish to study more and really appreciate traditon. I have seen where he said he wants to study ifa but wont accept myths attributed to it. Im judging from my observation here though.

Huh.....I don become babalawo. Lol. Im Yoruba and should know much more about yoruba belief. The reason I want to venture more in it.

The force is in you, creativity, strength, health and tools............get yourself into any work, earn your money and become bless. Ogun ti fun ni owo ni yen o..... It not double double magic tithe pastors are spreading here. It work with the force and earn at the expanse of your strength, mental and oppourtunity combination. Ire oo

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Beretta92: @folykaze,maybe you're only atheist with respect to anthropomorphic gods(am also atheist wrt such gods,einstein was too);yet if in your spirituality you're certain that gods exist in whatever form,then you aren't atheist in the true or complete sense of the word.

See can you do away with this grammar? No con break my head abeg. English won dey become problem for me here. I feel like typing and communicating in yoruba. Thats my language but there is one spambot that banned me last time I tried to write in yoruba with ami n.

There is no where you push me, you will agree im atheist but will still want to deny it....pinning me to erm your views.

Which God are you still looking for again? I am a God....you are a God. The stone, fish, river, wind, hills, fire, strength, forces and everything in nature is God. Maybe the term God as you look at the from religious angle is the problem. Move away from religion.....lot of things are twisted, corrupted and misapplied. Religion will tell you idolation is bad but non of this religious folks see that money is an idol. Religion will tell you worshipping any other thing apart from God is wrong but none of religious folks know that praising Ronaldo is also worshipping. If I lie make you jaro mi.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

See can you do away with this grammar? No con break my head abeg. English won dey become problem for me here. I feel like typing and communicating in yoruba. Thats my language but there is one spambot that banned me last time I tried to write in yoruba with ami n.

There is no where you push me, you will agree im atheist but will still want to deny it....pinning me to erm your views.

Which God are you still looking for again? I am a God....you are a God. The stone, fish, river, wind, hills, fire, strength, forces and everything in nature is God. Maybe the term God as you look at the from religious angle is the problem. Move away from religion.....lot of things are twisted, corrupted and misapplied. Religion will tell you idolation is bad but non of this religious folks see that money is an idol. Religion will tell you worshipping any other thing apart from God is wrong but none of religious folks know that praising Ronaldo is also worshipping. If I lie make you jaro mi.
Whatever,bro.I aint religious btw,i am agnostic.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
Beretta92: Whatever,bro.I aint religious btw,i am agnostic.
I see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Society And Atheism / God's Generals; The Story Of John G. Lake. / How Doctors Help Pastors To Deceive Their Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.