Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. (5838 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / The Gaps In Our Beliefs. / Why Cant We Discuss Our beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
Beretta92: Whatever,bro.I aint religious btw,i am agnostic.

Here is it. You were once a religious fanatics......it is very difficult to erase something you have been programmed to believe right from child.

You still look and argue like a religious man. It is in your word....views and reasoning. No offense bro.

Erm...you theistic agnostist
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Here is it. You were once a religious fanatics......it is very difficult to erase something you have been programmed to believe right from child.

You still look and argue like a religious man. It is in your word....views and reasoning. No offense bro.

Erm...you theistic agnostist
Argue you say? I wasn't arguing in the first place.Was just telling you what I deduced from your comments on your supposed paranormal experiences.You didn't sound much like an atheist to me.I suppose that you're engaging me for first time on here,what do you know about my views if i may ask?Anyways no hard feelings at all.If you say you're an atheist,then maybe you are.So be it.You know yourself better than i do.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
Beretta92: Argue you say? I wasn't arguing in the first place.Was just telling you what I deduced from your comments on your supposed paranormal experiences.You didn't sound much like an atheist to me.Anyways no hard feelings at all.If you say you're an atheist,then maybe you are.You know yourself better than i do.

cheers
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

cheers
You even dey here sef.You guys never sleep.lol.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

To the extent there's a God sure. To extent dreams, OBE's (out of body events), clinical resurrection eg that Blackpool dude last year (can't recall the name) and even other stuff sure. But still I doubt the likes of UFO's, alien astronauts and necromancy. But I dislike your use of the term African, paranormal is known irrespective of race. But there are some stuff I believed which I now doubt (eg UFO's which my Dad told me and the fact that it was hyped even in Naija) inspite of accounts especially quite recently one by the late great Fela on UFO's. I think one should be skeptical of some not to fall victim of fraud as we know.
I don't believe in "Hollywood" aliens, or the conspiracy theorists type aliens. I do however believe there is intelligent life out there. We know that innumerable galaxies exist. Am I wrong to assume we are not alone.

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
texanomaly:
I don't believe in "Hollywood" aliens, or the conspiracy theorists type aliens. I do however believe there is intelligent life out there. We know that innumerable galaxies exist. Am I wrong to assume we are not alone.

No, we aren't alone. God is with us. Afterlife and ET life are without hard evidence: I'm more open to an afterlife than ET life.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

No, we aren't alone. God is with us. Afterlife and ET life are without hard evidence: I'm more open to an afterlife than ET life.

"Hard evidence" *smile* bless your heart Uyi...
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 12:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Ogun will give you money.....but you need to understand that Ogun is not humanlike monster depicted in religion. Ogun is the owner of wealth, strength and justice

Except of Oriki Ogun from Odu Ogunda Meji in Ifa

OGUN is primal energy, Energy (cant be created nor destroyed) is God, God is energy. Ogun is the force within your computer. Ogun is technology. Ogun is the force of gravity, the force of attraction. Ogun represents the tools that shape man, bringing out a person's potential, enhancing one's life. Ogun controls life and death. Ogun is our heart beat and the final contraction during birth. Ogun is auto accidents and gun wounds. Ogun is the warrior, hunter and farmer. Ogun is the God of loyalty and life-long friendships. Ogun is the master of secrets, skills, crafts, professions and creations. Ogun is the Orisa of barbers, doctors, butchers, etc., any occupation that uses knives or blades, or iron tools. Ogun cut a path through the bush. Ogun provides the tools which are essential to creating civilization. Ogun is evolutionary energy. It is technology. Like all the Orisa, Ogun has two opposing attributes which seem in conflict, but are actually two sides of the same coin (create and destroy). Seeing Ogun as a humanlike-God depicted in myths and religion is wrong.

Ermm, we are really different when viewing things. This is the greatest reason I wont agree with some atheist here like logicboy who lash insult on traditional belief, call it whole lot of sh1t and think it just crap. He lacks understanding about traditional belief or perhaps see it from western view (the corrupt, demonized and shred piece of sh1t from blacks). Looking at Ooman, he doesn't not know, he skeptical, doesn't discriminate or lash words but wish to study more and really appreciate traditon. I have seen where he said he wants to study ifa but wont accept myths attributed to it. Im judging from my observation here though.

Huh.....I don become babalawo. Lol. Im Yoruba and should know much more about yoruba belief. The reason I want to venture more in it.

The force is in you, creativity, strength, health and tools............get yourself into any work, earn your money and become bless. Ogun ti fun ni owo ni yen o..... It not double double magic tithe pastors are spreading here. It work with the force and earn at the expanse of your strength, mental and oppourtunity combination. Ire oo

For all your talk here I'll differ. If you are looking for pantheism sexed-up atheism go to Hinduism, they have space for you. The Ifa religion is monoarhaenistic (if I recall correctly) in that there is a Creator God (Eledumare) who made and is head over other deities who act as intermediaries to humanity on his behalf.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
texanomaly:

"Hard evidence" *smile* bless your heart Uyi...

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Beretta92: What was your trance like?What induced it? Am truly curious.

Correction: It was a vision not a trance. It was in the middle of a math lesson at home. My tutor had gone to pick a call and after a while I started seeing images on a chair in a manner similar to how projected images are seen. Since I knew about apparitions I looked away, and back at where the images where and they were still there. I don't know what induced it, but i have not had a reoccurence since then.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Hemical: 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Correction: It was a vision not a trance. It was in the middle of a math lesson at home. My tutor had gone to pick a call and after a while I started seeing images on a chair in a manner similar to how projected images are seen. Since I knew about apparitions I looked away, and back at where the images where and they were still there. I don't know what induced it, but i have not had a reoccurence since then.
can you recall exactly what you saw?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hemical: you made it sound like it's just something used to counter and oh! throw it out of the window. Tell me it isn't logical to ask. And then, I'm not surprised you made use of "incapable". And well, I am usually careful of assertions. I never said "should".. It's all a probability. "May" is what I most definitely use. And seriously? "we should have seen it?"... You really think of space as your bedroom. I'll like you to define "we" first as I laugh away in mesmerization

Since you've had some days to laugh, I need only remind you 'we' refers to humans, including alien believers like yourself, who spend millions of dollars searching for them or ET life of any sort.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hemical: can you recall exactly what you saw?

Caricatures of humans, men and women, images of towns, cities and the world, alternating between each other with each varying in certain respects whilst keeping the same theme I've described.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You have seen a trance and believe it because you either personally experienced it or you have someone that convincingly experienced it. Now Logicboy throw will throw your points through the window because it trance is alien to him and he didn't experience it.

I got the same ball here, trance is supernatural stands to logicboy but it normal and happens to you because you experienced it one way or the other. But where are we, you throw my claims out of the window either because you have not experience it or you just want to deny it.

KARMA INDEED IS A BI.TCH. We got the same balls here

I didn't throw your claims out the window. In fact, I said it is possible whilst being skeptical. My position is more of a crossed finger type tbh. The more important point I repeat is that I find it funny you believe such whilst being an atheist. I react this way since I argued to someone who said atheists believe in superstitions that she couldn't say that and turn around and claim atheism is the result of critical thinking when superstitions believed in by atheists aren't such.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Hemical: 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Caricatures of humans, men and women, images of towns, cities and the world, alternating between each other with each varying in certain respects whilst keeping the same theme I've described.
how old were you?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hemical: how old were you?

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
@uyi, I'm sorry I've not been able to make more comments on this thread, my schedule has just been getting tighter and tighter, it sEems like the hours of the day are becoming shorter.

@uyi, why your skepticism about ETs?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
bolaino: @uyi, I'm sorry I've not been able to make more comments on this thread, my schedule has just been getting tighter and tighter, it sEems like the hours of the day are becoming shorter.

@uyi, why your skepticism about ETs?

First, we've searched for decades with no response. The assumption then was ET would be a very advanced alien species. Now SETI and NASA have seriously watered down what metrics should be used to admit ET. From radio-wave patterns to water and thermally-inequilibral systems. Quasars decieved SETI dudes on radio waves let's see what will make 'em scream false hopes again. Second, I strongly opine life on earth was intelligently designed by God here and nowhere else. Third, as good measure in response to some atheists who'll believe in the possibility of aliens but find even the concept of God nebulous, apart from the fact that people assume ET what's the evidence for it, and yet some atheists will readily search it, like FOLYKAZE's talk here I find it funny.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
@ bolaino: No probs. I myself took some time off the net.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

For all your talk here I'll differ. If you are looking for pantheism sexed-up atheism go to Hinduism, they have space for you. The Ifa religion is monoarhaenistic (if I recall correctly) in that there is a Creator God (Eledumare) who made and is head over other deities who act as intermediaries to humanity on his behalf.

Oh my God!!! You fall my hand big time. Tar

There is something in ignored in my previous post.....whenever people wants to discuss about African spirituatility, take away your Religious cap and western influenced thinking cap. You cant from this angle really understand what Ifa is.

Again, I wont dispute the fact that religion has stolen spirituality. Religion has corrupted and deconstruct many terms in Yoruba. A good example of this evil is Esu called lucifer or Eledumare called Yahweh or Irunmole called monsters or evil spirits. I also agree with the fact that allegories were employed to explain things in Yoruba.....but what you said above that ELEDUMARE is one being living in the sky, created the world, blablabla is aligned trash from religion sides.

Eledumare does not mean supernatural being, that is hungry for worship and who creates the world. Like the foreign religion depicted God as the creator of world, the ruler and maker of world, the humanic nature God (laugh, angry, walk, talk, live, die, sit, rest and depicted with human character), omnis and other religious attribute this being can have is completely wrong when it substitute for Eledumare. It lie and product of mind. It evil and poisonous destroyer of fact.

Eledumare according to yoruba philosophy is the totality of forces, energies and all that there is in the multiverse. Within the body of Eledumare (yoruba God), all things, both abstract and concrete, are cells. Each and every animal, vegetable, mineral, thought, feeling, idea, emotion and concept has its own ashe (energy) and therefore contributes to the whole that is Eledumare or the title Olorun. Energy is God, God is energy. Since God is Energy, it therefore means God can not be destroyed but converted from one form to another. Therefore Energy is God. Since Energy can be converted from one form to another, it therefor means, that the totality of all that there is in the universe is called GOD.
God means all that there is, including you and I. It nature and everything in nature. This is the great reason our ancestors admire, respect and honour everything in nature be it tree, animal, wind, water etc. So, do not look out there to God, you are a part of it. We are the microcosm of the totality (ELEDUMARE- GOD).

Irunmole are the spiral energies. I dont need to write stories before you know what it mean now.

Orun is multiverse.

Ori is consciousness.

Orunmila is the convex of awakeness, intelligence, awareness, knowledge and insight.

Ifa is a special and esoteric knowledge or body of wisdom which aids spiritual connection with Eledumare (totality of forces, energies and all that there is in the universes) and interact with Irunmole (the spiral energies). It is also the knowledge and understanding of spirituality of Orisa practice with spiritual calculations that bring and interpret messages, warnings, solutions, advise from the spirits. Ifa as a knowledge is very wife, it's a continuous education that one study till last breathe.......it philosophy, logic and mathematics.

Let me use this simple analysis MATHEMATICS (orunmila) embodies studies relating to measurement, properties and relationship of quantities.......using numbers and symbols.....>>>INDICES AND LOGARITHM (Ifa)<<< will be subset of Mathematics. Same apply with Ifa.

Orisa practise is not about worshipping God/Gods but awareness and recognizing those energies.

You can construct sense from above post only if you not holding on religious stands. Unless, it will be trash and not make any sense......

Did I ask you about Hinduism? I am an African son and must admire what belongs to me. It is a shame on me if I dont have any knowledge about my ancestral belief. It is a big shame on you too if you follow western knowledge and use it to demonize your ancestral belief. You can follow Zeus....it your life.

I studied it......and im convinced that the enact and core message each Spirituality in Africa carries is enough to free us African from oppression and backwardness. This can be achieve if we complete gridlocks and complete the puzzle laid in our origin.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
I stopped where you talked about Eledumare being the totality of forces to comment. I'll go back to finish reading yoir response. My knowledge of Ifa worship comes from what my Dad practiced and a book called Ifism by Osamaro Ibiwie. It appears Edos copied Ifa worahip from the Yorubas and to some extent corrupted it with their own religion but my understanding since childhood was, and still is that Eledumare is the Creator God. I told this to Pastor AIO but he said the man didn't go into details of the Odus though personally I found the tales of the Odus like Oyeku-meji interesting. In fact, I don't believe you despite the knowledge you espouse, the only person who I can take more seriously is Pastor AIO, I think I should resurrect the thread so you kind of see where I'm coming from. The major difference I could tell was that Eledumare hardly directly intervened in governing the world, Esu (Devil) OTOH acted much and could do good or bad to someone so long as the person duly honored him with sacrifices.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I said that because you say you believe in God (without hard evidence) yet you need hard evidence to believe in life 'Out There'

Just makes me go: hmmmm undecided

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I stopped where you talked about Eledumare being the totality of forces to comment. I'll go back to finish reading yoir response. My knowledge of Ifa worship comes from what my Dad practiced and a book called Ifism by Osamaro Ibiwie. It appears Edos copied Ifa worahip from the Yorubas and to some extent corrupted it with their own religion but my understanding since childhood was, and still is that Eledumare is the Creator God. I told this to Pastor AIO but he said the man didn't go into details of the Odus though personally I found the tales of the Odus like Oyeku-meji interesting. In fact, I don't believe you despite the knowledge you espouse, the only person who I can take more seriously is Pastor AIO, I think I should resurrect the thread so you kind of see where I'm coming from. The major difference I could tell was that Eledumare hardly directly intervened in governing the world, Esu (Devil) OTOH acted much and could do good or bad to someone so long as the person duly honored him with sacrifices.

Im not saying I know all about Ifa. And im not saying I know more than anybody here. Dont get wrong.....even babalawo and Ifa priest cant know it all.

You know we have santeria which originated from Yoruba people here? They practise ifa too but their own version is missed with catholism. Also the lukumi practise Ifa.

Where did you get your point that Eledumare is one man living in the sky, created the world and doesn't relates with human affair anymore? Again stop afflicting western religion views on African spirituality.

Here is http://mysticcurio.tripod.com/orisha.htm a document that explain Eledumare. Also another document is this http://mysticcurio.tripod.com/olorun.htm

Again stop calling something you dont know much about tale. I tire for your kind o. What makes Oyeku meji a tale?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
texanomaly:
I said that because you say you believe in God (without hard evidence) yet you need hard evidence to believe in life 'Out There'

Just makes me go: hmmmm undecided

God isn't understood to be physical but immaterial so the request for hard-evidence to believe in Him falls flat. Crucially, God's existence is logically inferred from Nature. Finally, I don't need hard evidence to believe there's life out there, as a matter of fact I hope for or think an afterlife possible, I simply noted we don't have hard-evidence for life of any kind outside Earth.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ FOLYKAZE: The Ifa Orisa Religion thread: https://www.nairaland.com/48078/ifa-orisa-religion-true-identity/8

Thanks for the link bro. I went through all the post and your post too. I didn't see anything from PASTOR AIO or you that contradicts my post.

Maybe you can invite him or Pagan9ja or yourself and explain what Eledumare is.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 12:44am On Aug 27, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

God isn't understood to be physical but immaterial so the request for hard-evidence to believe in Him falls flat. Crucially, God's existence is logically inferred from Nature. Finally, I don't need hard evidence to believe there's life out there, as a matter of fact I hope for or think an afterlife possible, I simply noted we don't have hard-evidence for life of any kind outside Earth.
Noted. smiley
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 27, 2013
Folykaza, you are more pantheist than atheist. Check it up.

@Uyi: just pick a position and rest. Be good. Do good. The headache's really not worth it. I'm waiting to experience. I believe that's when all questions will be answered. tongue
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 27, 2013
texanomaly:
Noted. smiley
Hallo... tongue
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 7:03am On Aug 27, 2013
musKeeto: Folykaza, you are more pantheist than atheist. Check it up.

@Uyi: just pick a position and rest. Be good. Do good. The headache's really not worth it. I'm waiting to experience. I believe that's when all questions will be answered. tongue

I see. Was your atheism worth the pains and doubts you encountered before accepting it ? Your answer is presumably the same as mine.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 27, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I see. Was your atheism worth the pains and doubts you encountered before accepting it ? Your answer is presumably the same as mine.
smiley
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 27, 2013
musKeeto: Folykaza, you are more pantheist than atheist. Check it up.

@Uyi: just pick a position and rest. Be good. Do good. The headache's really not worth it. I'm waiting to experience DEATH. I believe that's when all questions will be answered. tongue

edit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Society And Atheism / God's Generals; The Story Of John G. Lake. / How Doctors Help Pastors To Deceive Their Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.