Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. (5837 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / The Gaps In Our Beliefs. / Why Cant We Discuss Our beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks for the link bro. I went through all the post and your post too. I didn't see anything from PASTOR AIO or you that contradicts my post.

Maybe you can invite him or Pagan9ja or yourself and explain what Eledumare is.

Bro pm me your number mk we whatsapp...wanna have a discourse with you...
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2013
musKeeto:

edit

The thing about death is that if oblivion (which we are born from) awaits us on the otherside, then we will not have any answers, if you find the afterlife you are now skeptical of, you may dislike the answers, the only hope you may hold unto apart from the prospect of death ending your qustions is that you enter an afterlife wherein God would have a means ready of answering your questions OR try to find answers that you'll be content with and questions which must remain so_questions.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 27, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

The thing about death is that if oblivion (which we are born from) awaits us on the otherside, then we will not have any answers, if you find the afterlife you are now skeptical of, you may dislike the answers, the only hope you may hold unto apart from the prospect of death ending your qustions is that you enter an afterlife wherein God would have a means ready of answering your questions OR try to find answers that you'll be content with and questions which must remain so_questions.

Either ways, death's the answer..

Ponder on this a bit.. if the brain is material and responsible for storing our memories, what happens when we die? Would we still be able to access this memories?

If there's a soul, can the soul of its self recall events, think, ponder?

When you claim there's a God without any physical base, you get into more complications..
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 27, 2013
musKeeto:

Ponder on this a bit.. if the brain is material and responsible for storing our memories, what happens when we die? Would we still be able to access this memories?

When you claim there's a God without any physical base, you get into more complications..
that's the problem you see, you look upon God from a purely physical perspective, but it's more than that. You ask for evidence, yet you cannot explain even some of the simplest of 'seemingly natural' processes, like pondering and reasoning and consciousness. Life is deeper than the physical. Reality is broad and personal, like uyi said, God is spoken of by his acts and interventions in nature, he is a spiritual mighty God. His greatest intervention in the physical was in the person of Jesus. The Logos. The Word of life. God with us, Christ in us. Do you want evidence? Look at a true Christian. He is brimming with real life. He is in touch with reality. Do not wait for death. The answers are here already. Embrace life.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
musKeeto: Folykaza, you are more pantheist than atheist. Check it up

Im still moving bro...... My take on Yoruba spirituality makes me pantheist. Im only touching the periphery aspect on spirituality, specifically yoruba and really enjoying it. Wishing to explore more.....so dont tag me because I might sit back in it or deject at the end
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
@uyi, I'm confused at your belief in good my good sire, you find it difficult to believe in the possibility of life elsewhere in this galaxy, but u believe in a God that there's no concrete proof of it's existence, and if I might ask which God do you believe in? Is it the christian yawheh? Or the muslim allah?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
Chibuebem: that's the problem you see, you look upon God from a purely physical perspective, but it's more than that. You ask for evidence, yet you cannot explain even some of the simplest of 'seemingly natural' processes, like pondering and reasoning and consciousness. Life is deeper than the physical. Reality is broad and personal, like uyi said, God is spoken of by his acts and interventions in nature, he is a spiritual mighty God. His greatest intervention in the physical was in the person of Jesus. The Logos. The Word of life. God with us, Christ in us. Do you want evidence? Look at a true Christian. He is brimming with real life. He is in touch with reality. Do not wait for death. The answers are here already. Embrace life.
my good mann, apart from the christian bible (a book filled with, contradictions, and false prophecies) what proof do you have that jesus not budha or mithra, was the physical the representation of God?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
musKeeto:

I think death begs more questions, ask geriatricists, doctors and morticians and, most importantly, yourself.

musKeeto:

When you die brain activities entirely halt and the brain decomposition begins. It is parsimonious to assume that as long as one is dead memory access in impossible, but if souls do exist, as claimed, then one can access memories after death via the soul.

musKeeto:

Yes, those are its features.

musKeeto:

Point the complications out keeping in mind I'll be to glad to point out how materialism kills itself by equating consciousness to physical events in certain objects.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
bolaino: @uyi, I'm confused at your belief in good my good sire, you find it difficult to believe in the possibility of life elsewhere in this galaxy, but u believe in a God that there's no concrete proof of it's existence, and if I might ask which God do you believe in? Is it the christian yawheh? Or the muslim allah?

I hold God to be non-contingent, Infinite Intelligence that perforce made the material world. God has been mostly consistently held to be immaterial and as such concrete proof is impossible. God's existence is inferred from Nature (which covers the known universe and the proposed multiverse ). I'm skeptical of aliens for the same reason one would be skeptical of fairies, dragons, X-men etc. If you'll agree such things possibly exist I see no reason why I should disbelieve the POSSIBILITY of aliens which is just as fanciful.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
bolaino: my good mann, apart from the christian bible (a book filled with, contradictions, and false prophecies) what proof do you have that jesus not budha or mithra, was the physical the representation of God?
do not discredit the bible simply because you do not understand it. My very life is proof of my relationship with him. His miracles are proof, his healings are proof. The power that touches a man WHEN he believes is proof. Unfortunately(for you maybe), all this comes when you believe in the power of God. Budha never claimed what this man claimed, or supported it with power. When a man speaks the message with power, the power is felt by the hearers, and it is either believed or opposed. My proof is the power that follows the true bearers of this message. I have not felt this superior power display when others bear witness of their messages of atheism, islam, or any other supposed way of freedom(i have only seen their pride and confusion). The power and signs of his message and the freedom it brings are proof of the reality of Jesus Christ and the fact that he is the way.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 1:52am On Aug 28, 2013
musKeeto:
Hallo... tongue
Hey skeeter! wink
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
Bolaino, I'm not done yet o ! @ FOLYKAZE: hopefully, will check out your links later.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Bolaino, I'm not done yet o ! @ FOLYKAZE: hopefully, will check out your links later.
bros no shaking, I dey wait for u.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2013
texanomaly:
Hey skeeter! wink
Went through your profile wink was shocked
Hope ur cool though. grin
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
musKeeto:
Went through your profile wink was shocked
Hope ur cool though. grin
Why are you shocked? cool
I think you're great. grin
*looks around, and whispers* even if you are an atheist. tongue

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
texanomaly:
Why are you shocked? cool
I think you're great. grin
*looks around, and whispers* even if you are an atheist. tongue
hmmm, muskeetoo, it seems someone has a crush on u, wink
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 5:30am On Sep 02, 2013
bolaino: hmmm, muskeetoo, it seems someone has a crush on u, wink
Wow...it's getting where I'm afraid to make a comment anymore. undecided
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 02, 2013
texanomaly:
Wow...it's getting where I'm afraid to make a comment anymore. undecided

grin grin
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by texanomaly(f): 6:27am On Sep 02, 2013
aManFromMars:

grin grin
Hey Skeeter...can I still call you that? Hmmm. Do I have to come up with a new nickname? You tell me...
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 02, 2013
texanomaly:
Hey Skeeter...can I still call you that? Hmmm. Do I have to come up with a new nickname? You tell me...

No problem. smiley
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 1:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
@ bolaino: Is your concept of God a personal one, or an impersonal one ?
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ bolaino: Is your concept of God a personal one, or an impersonal one ?
excellent question sire, and I want to give a very honest and sincere answer. My concept of God is a personal one, I think God has an interest in each and every human walking on this earth.

I know u'll ask me about those good people that evil happen to, or those evil people that good things happen to, but the truth remains, there is a God that takes an interest in every human, but I do not believe he cares about who u have sex with or what u do in your spare time, I believe he just wants us to be good and helpful to each other. He doesn't care if u're gay or if you're straight, what he cares about is your state of mind/heart.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
Basically your God is a reflection of your thoughts...

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
aManFromMars: Basically your God is a reflection of your thoughts...
yes boss, my God is a reflection of my thoughts, and I believe the reason for this is that he/she/it is revealing it's self to me gradually, and thus this new perspective of how God is.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
aManFromMars: Basically your God is a reflection of your thoughts...

. . . ergo there is no God.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thanks. I will also detail some thoughts on God and ask more questions. I wouldn't mind you asking me too.

bolaino: Excellent question sire, and I want to give a very honest and sincere answer. My concept of God is a personal one, I think God has an interest in each and every human walking on this earth.

My concept of God is personal. I say this because consciousness comes along with personality. But I don't think God personal in the manner religions usually state, I think it's possible but don't believe it. For one, God doesn't have a sense of self attached to a material body. Man does. God hasn't erected mental barriers to certain thoughts, we are free in thought and within natural laws, free in what we can physically do.

bolaino: I know u'll ask me about those good people that evil happen to, or those evil people that good things happen to,

True.

bolaino: but the truth remains, there is a God that takes an interest in every human,

Okay.

bolaino: but I do not believe he cares about who u have sex with or what u do in your spare time,

This is where I am much deist. I don't think she would care as such. Think about it, if you are omniscient, what would surprise you. My answer would be nothing. That said, is it safe to say, given what you say here, that you don't believe in certain aspects of how Christians understand God ?

bolaino: I believe he just wants us to be good and helpful to each other.

It think she wills us to do what we will, within the constraints of natural laws.

bolaino: He doesn't care if u're gay or if you're straight, what he cares about is your state of mind/heart.

She doesn't even care if you are a a dreaded, beheading-loving terrorist, serial killer or child r@pist. This concept I know would be disturbing for some but the inference is reasonable to the extent God allows such people. She created each and everyone of them and cannot be emotionally stirred by acts of good or evil: for one she is the source of consciousness in all beings, by which one can have any morality, and then she's omniscient.

Finally, I use he/she for God to counter the idea of sexuality we ascribe to God. In the first place those features we think make God a He also apply to women, despite differences. Furthermore, I think it mistaken to apply gender to God who transcends it and created both, I can allow the term to be used since it is popular but I would prefer to use it for God. Not abusively or to say it is unconscious, but because genders in all beings draw from it, not to mention that God hasn't, save in the minds of men, killed humans over a bunch of symbols or sounds depicting name or gender.

1 Like

Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Thanks. I will also detail some thoughts on God and ask more questions. I wouldn't mind you asking me too.

My concept of God is personal. I say this because consciousness comes along with personality. But I don't think God personal in the manner religions usually state, I think it's possible but don't believe it. For one, God doesn't have a sense of self attached to a material body. Man does. God hasn't erected mental barriers to certain thoughts, we are free in thought and within natural laws, free in what we can physically do.

True.

Okay.

This is where I am much deist. I don't think she would care as such. Think about it, if you are omniscient, what would surprise you. My answer would be nothing. That said, is it safe to say, given what you say here, that you don't believe in certain aspects of how Christians understand God ?

It think she wills us to do what we will, within the constraints of natural laws.

She doesn't even care if you are a a dreaded, beheading-loving terrorist, serial killer or child r@pist. This concept I know would be disturbing for some but the inference is reasonable to the extent God allows such people. She created each and everyone of them and cannot be emotionally stirred by acts of good or evil: for one she is the source of consciousness in all beings, by which one can have any morality, and then she's omniscient.

Finally, I use he/she for God to counter the idea of sexuality we ascribe to God. In the first place those features we think make God a He also apply to women, despite differences. Furthermore, I think it mistaken to apply gender to God who transcends it and created both, I can allow the term to be used since it is popular but I would prefer to use it for God. Not abusively or to say it is unconscious, but because genders in all beings draw from it, not to mention that God hasn't, save in the minds of men, killed humans over a bunch of symbols or sounds depicting name or gender.
I'm happy we share similar ideas about God.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
Similar. Interesting. So what is your view on religions in general.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by bolaino(m): 5:59am On Sep 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Similar. Interesting. So what is your view on religions in general.
well my views about religion, are somehow different, but I don't religions as institutions are all bad, there are a few good ones, and there are some that are more spiritually aware dan most, like most religions in the eastern part of the world are more spiritually aware than most religions in the west.

Like most religions are concerned about the soul and the afterlife (reincarnation) thus they tend not to focus on this world much, like the monks in tibet and the Buddhists in china, like wise the hindus in india. And I believe that these religions understand the concept of God better than christians and other western religions.

I do not think that these religions are all fraudulent as we used to think as atheists, cos remember that there are billions of people practicing these religions, and one way or the other, they must have experienced the divine, hence their continued belief in their various religions, I believe the essence of religion is to make one more aware about the divine, to enlighten people on what they think would please the divine, but most religions fail to understand that God doesn't conform to any set rules or doctrines he/she/it does things because he wants to do dem, and it knows betta dan any human,

But all in all, as long as the religion doesn't seek to control people it's not bad to practice such a religion.
Re: Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. by UyiIredia(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
Agreed. I like Hindus and Buddhists because they embrace other religions. Hindu has long history of that which precedes Christianity. Buddhism started out more like a moral system. Taoism likewise and I like in particular the concepts of Tao and yin-yang. Very nice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Society And Atheism / God's Generals; The Story Of John G. Lake. / How Doctors Help Pastors To Deceive Their Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.