Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA (14163 Views)

APC Vice Chairman Arrested With Gun In Osun Polls / Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers / Ex-PDP Chairman Arrested For Political Assassination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by Gideon1010(m): 9:33am On Aug 22, 2013
No fear of God + finacial corruption(leaders) =porverty(masses) +unemployment. simple maths.
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by wonda26(m): 9:33am On Aug 22, 2013
But his neck-chain directs us to Jesus. embarassed cry angry
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by vivalavida(m): 9:35am On Aug 22, 2013
okpara ugo:

Are you a dunce ? Wasnt the money already in his private possession ? How does it still belong to akwa ibom ?

That is how our politicians steal us dry. He may have imported 15 tokunboh cars for sale by next month.

Chairman,why call him a dunce. Cant u just pass ur msg across without resorting to name calling? Can u prove to us that money is not akwa-ibom money? How much does a lg chairman earn? Have u cared to convert the money to its naira equivalence and compare it side by side with the dudez income? Even if twas his dough,is he so daft not to know that there are banks and cards he can use in carrying out his ffinancial transactions over there?

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by gbishman: 9:41am On Aug 22, 2013
na lie o, na grove e wa go grove o
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by toprealman: 9:44am On Aug 22, 2013
Why is he grinning with that ticket on display like a confirmed mumu? Okon will always be okon!
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by DeevaB: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2013
If an ordinary Local Govt Chairmen can smuggle this amount of money, i can't Imagine what the so called Ogas @ the top are embezzling.... I smh for Nigeria. Corruption has really eaten deep. God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2013
tejpot: Kleptomania+kleptocracy=x, solve for x leaving ur answer in grammatical form.
what àre u saying?
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by point5: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2013
White men wt dia coret sens,,dey seized d money n free d mugu 2 go n embezl anoda 1 so dat dey wil kip seizin cus definatly dey knw d fool must steal 4rm his country n com bak again..9ja wen wil u mek ur haus a hom?

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by maxisfield(f): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2013
D dude iz soo hapy bein among the thieves grin, bsyds y iz ds a news lyk embezzling money iz nt part ov our culture
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by McLuhan(m): 10:44am On Aug 22, 2013
Another name for Nigeria is Corruption Incorporated. This is the same benighted country where the president gulps 1 billion naira as yearly feeding allowance and where legislators have managed to allocate themselves the modest sum of 1 trillion naira as wages, whereas the majority continue to wallow in the most abject poverty. Meanwhile, the government cannot afford to pay the earned allowances of university lecturers and public health institutions have since become a standing joke. Knowing our political system, I expect the LG chairman to organise a thanksgiving service immediately he returns from the US, after which he will be garlanded with various national awards.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by Jossymine(f): 10:47am On Aug 22, 2013
May God help dis countryshocked
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by ennon92(m): 11:02am On Aug 22, 2013
Diz crazy being use style resemble Richard mofe-Damijo.
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 22, 2013
If you ever preach "Nigeria is going to be better" I think you're nut!
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 22, 2013
Jossymine: May God help dis countryshocked
No let God slap you ooo
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by Wsdm: 11:20am On Aug 22, 2013
tejpot: Kleptomania+kleptocracy=x, solve for x leaving ur answer in grammatical form.
= Kleptomaniatocracy! A new word for our new-breed politicians.
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by obi123: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2013
blueheart: I wonder when Nigeria will be rid of corruption. cry

when elephants fly
when Queen Eliza starts to do her own shopping
when hell freezes over in other words
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by akpan123(m): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2013
NOPE THE MONEY WILL NOT BE RETURNED. IS AN EXHIBIT. CONFISCATED . HE 4GOT THESE IS NOT NIGERIAN AIRPORT.
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by Wsdm: 11:26am On Aug 22, 2013
wonda26: But his neck-chain directs us to Jesus. embarassed cry angry
Are you saying "they" therefore steal with pride with the hope that "someone" had died to atone for every of their crimes? Oh there is a religion!
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by PStacks(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2013
That's what these people do. An ordinary Local Govt chairman..

What would a Deputy Governor or Governor Do? A Senator or House of Reps member..

In Nigeria, we all do it, your only crime is being sloppy to the extent of being caught..

Crime is not a sin in Nigeria if you can get away with it..

Imagine how many other Politicians do this on a daily basis and not get caught..

The system is so messed up.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by Martinezv16(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2013
And they want lg autonomy
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by searay(m): 11:54am On Aug 22, 2013
Who cooked this story? Me and My dad dey our house. The last time my dad travel was last year. We will get to the root of this blackmail
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by ubong560(m): 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
That's the caliber of leaders we've in Nigeria for Nigerians. All about looting from presidency to as little as village head. I heard of a village head who engaged another villager on a physical combat cos the villager opposed his move towards looting the village treasuries generated from the sells of palm fruit owns by the village (not the village head). A local govt chairman in my poverty stricken state looting $82,000 for donations in the US such that his further political ambitions could be supported. That's the typical Nigerian leader! Leaders full of pilfering, stealing, armed robbing and looting only for selfish interest. If he who receives a paltry from Akpabio could do dat, i wonder what Akpabio would not do.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by ubong560(m): 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
wonda26: But his neck-chain directs us to Jesus. embarassed cry angry

Dont tell me you could be deceived by what one wears. Even atheists do walk around with Bible at times. How does necklace bearing Jesus stop him from looting?
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by anonimi: 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
mascot87: And they want LG Autonomy so that they would be able to embezzle more millions of dollars.God is watching

Maybe we should also cancel state autonomy as they also "embezzle plenty millions of dollars"?
Maybe we should even cancel the federal government i.e. presidency, NASS & the judiciary as they also embezzle millions of dollars?
Then we can have complete & total anarchy, right
Life will be so easy.

Thereafter maybe God will get tired of watching and descend into mumuland to rescue the people from their voluntary mumu-ism! shocked
Somebody shout Hallelujah!
Somebody shout AllahuAkbar!
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by akpanbaba: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
An offspring of the snake must be long.This is what Akpabio does and the people celebrate him as a performing Governor.Nse only copied his governor.In one of the dailies today, I saw his name as a PDP representative in Anambra governorship screening commitee.May God deliver us.
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by anonimi: 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
toprealman: Why is he grinning with that ticket on display like a confirmed mumu? Okon will always be okon!

So na by name dem dey be mumu now?
I would think Mufu is closer to mumu (FOR EXAMPLE only).
Interesting!!!
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by ubong560(m): 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
maxisfield: D dude iz soo hapy bein among the thieves grin, bsyds y iz ds a news lyk embezzling money iz nt part ov our culture

Lmao! I seconded you on this!
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by ubong560(m): 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
searay: Who cooked this story? Me and My dad dey our house. The last time my dad travel was last year. We will get to the root of this
blackmail

Ur head correct so?
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by bokohalal(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
owolabifunke14: He's a born again.look at his chaplet(cross),ole thief carry am go
The punishment is forfeiture.
Re: Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA by anonimi: 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
P.Stacks:

In Nigeria, we all do it, your only crime is being sloppy to the extent of being caught..

Crime is not a sin in Nigeria if you can get away with it..

Hope you don't mind telling us in which country crime is a sin "if you can get away with it."

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obiano, Catholic Church Want To Take Our Land - Anglicans / Harassment Of Atiku’s Lawyer: Buhari’s Last Desperate Act As A Dictator / Abubakar Malami - The Man Behind Nigeria's Edicts - Eden Finn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.