Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya (7210 Views)

Cost Of Living In Nairobi, Kenya? / The Other Side Of Nairobi Kenya. (see pic) / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
later I went into the city centre after looking at the meal prices in Meridien, i know it isnt for me, went into the street and i got giant packs of chips and chicken, mennnn I didnt know my children were that hungry I woke them up and they rushed to brush their teeth and WOWWWW did they attack the chips and chicken you can say that again.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by DisGuy: 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
you made a naija call for 150ksh?

don't forget to take pictures when you settle in properly cheesy
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
@mosthigh, for your Biogas have you visited Shoghai farm in benin republic, they do well on biogas
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by MostHigh: 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
oolumide: @mosthigh, for your Biogas have you visited Shoghai farm in benin republic, they do well on biogas

Hi There oolumide.

Thanks for asking, actually I have not heard of them, I will goggle them now.

Do you have any contacts there?

Give thanks
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
@ mosthigh, shoghai is in porto novo, owned by a Nigerian reverend father. Just carry your passport with yellow card. get to seme border and cross to the other side. Join a cab that is going to porto novo, tell the driver that you are going to shoghai, they will drop you in front of the place. you can spend a day, that is sleep over. they will take you on tour of their facility for a token. When I was setting up my farm I went visiting, I spent two nites. Their biogas works well, produced from pig dung and chicken faeces.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
If you google you will see their website and contact number call and they give all cost implications, but it is usually cheap.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by MostHigh: 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
oolumide: @ mosthigh, shoghai is in porto novo, owned by a Nigerian reverend father. Just carry your passport with yellow card. get to seme border and cross to the other side. Join a cab that is going to porto novo, tell the driver that you are going to shoghai, they will drop you in front of the place. you can spend a day, that is sleep over. they will take you on tour of their facility for a token. When I was setting up my farm I went visiting, I spent two nites. Their biogas works well, produced from pig dung and chicken faeces.

We give thanks.

Do you run biogas on your farm?
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 10:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
I wanted to when i had difficulty in disposing off my pigs waste which way too much to handle then. so i saw theirs and it was very simple. One thing about shoghai farm is they try to simplify everything, you will be shocked at the simplicity of their biogas system
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by bluerange(f): 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
@oolumide, you are into Agriculture, that is nice. I was involved in rice production and had to work in different rural communities in the east. That is where I built my confidence in treading new territories. They are some places that seems that no one have ever lived since the creation of the world grin. I had to experiment with rice husk waste, went to Rice mills where you've got mountains of burnt rice husk lying there as waste. I used the whitish ash which has cement content, mixed it with portland cement and laterite. I made wonderful bricks out of them. grin
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
@bluerange that is great.So are you still into such, i am into cattle and pig rearing. what other things are you into. I am looking at things that average nigerians are not into so as to have egde over copy copy naija people.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by bluerange(f): 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
No moved on from rice. Currently studying radio production as I want to someday be engaged in dissemenating possibibilities with what we have, especially converting waste to wealth.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by bluerange(f): 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
and with those pigs and cattle you have, you have no business buying cooking gas and because you will have so much gas you can easily share it with neighbours. Ideas move the world grin

Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
Yeah you can say that again. what is radio production
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by bluerange(f): 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
simply how to operate in a radio studio, presenting etc.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ok
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
I wished I av done many of these trips when I was younger. It would have influenced where I settled at.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by ianeki: 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
hi oolumide credit vouchers range from 50-1000 shillings,hope you dnt get swindled btw you should try the galitoz chicken with your kids wayyy better than kfc.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yeah aineki thanks. I was not swindled on airtime voucher. I have done galitos. They converted Nandos to galitos. I had a quarter meal. I was at the safari today it was great. I did giraffe centre and national park.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
@aineki I was fortunate to get a lovely apartment off Ole dume road at 7000ksh for 2 bedroom service apartment.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by bluerange(f): 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
@oolumide, the 7000ksh is for how long?
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by ianeki: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
oolumide,7000kshs is quite reasonable at this time glad you had fun feeding giraffes smiley,ole dume is in kilimani area
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yes ole dume is in kilimani/laviton area. It is 7000 per night. Fully service
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by bluerange(f): 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
l can imagine how happy your kids are with this change of environment. l guess you are getting use to the shape and those paintings on their buses, it is too colourful!
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 8:19am On Sep 06, 2013
@ bluerange. The kids are so excited you know when they feel they have stories to tell when back to school. I stayed in lavington which is upscale area. But I saw the buses at city centre. I dont want to join the buses cos I am scared for my family. But if it had been only me I would have done so.but the accommodation we got is so lovely. Even friends that we made in nairobi keep ogling at it. But at least it so much change from my PH and Lagos life
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by ianeki: 8:34am On Sep 06, 2013
the buses are called ‘matatus‘ some even have wifi installed but pickpockets are all over had bad experiences a couple of times sad
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by bluerange(f): 9:03am On Sep 06, 2013
@oolumide,have you noticed the exteriors of some of their buildings? the cut stones that require no plastering nor painting, it so beautiful! the monthly house rent system will be a huge relief for a Nigerian as no one is demanding 2 years from you.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 9:47am On Sep 06, 2013
Yep I noticed the brick system. One of my mentor in agric business ones told me about when we were trying to device means of building durable farm house for pigs. You know pigs required cold place to sleep. I think this bricks are made from laterite which allows the house to be cool all through the day. That also explains why d house are without ac all year around. I dont know why we cant copy all these things from these people. These people leave simple and organised life. Well we will get there some day I hope.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
And my holiday is coming to an end. It has been sweet and fun. But 1week was damnn too small. Was at one of the villages today. Need to catch flight back to Nigeria. @aineki, bluerange, mosthigh and Disguy thanks all for your comments and support. Was at massai market at city centre today was able to get so much stuff to go home with. There was a motor fair but couldnt participate due to cash constraints for 4 of us.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 5:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
Things we wish we had enough time and cash for are; my daughter wanted to go fishing but we couldnt, there was horse race that we missed and the next meet is I think is sept 22nd. Missed the great migration and the flamingos on lake nakuru. But there always some other times.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2013
Lessons or what I ponder over. How come the east and southern africans are so different from we west africans in the way they live, build houses and roads and food. They copied europeans or british tootoo. Or may be I am wrong sfomebody should tell me more.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by DisGuy: 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your holiday....

We are waiting for pics!!! cheesy
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by DisGuy: 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
oolumide: Lessons or what I ponder over. How come the east and southern africans are so different from we west africans in the way they live, build houses and roads and food. They copied europeans or british tootoo. Or may be I am wrong somebody should tell me more.

Very interesting Question.....with all our Giant of Africa slogan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Live And Work In Austria / Please Advise A Brother / Double Decker Buses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.