Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya (7212 Views)

Cost Of Living In Nairobi, Kenya? / The Other Side Of Nairobi Kenya. (see pic) / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by dasparrow: 11:06am On Sep 19, 2013
@oolumide

I am thinking of taking a vacation next year to either Nairobi or the Gambia. I wanted to know if there are travel agents familiar with these locations that can help me put together something like a travel package. I want to start planning this trip now. Thanks.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
@dasparrow one of the things I have learnt over time is that you can do a lot of things by yourself through the help of internet. Most information are just clicks away. I found out that agents normally factor in a lot of fees into whatever service they are rendering. So the best way to do it is to go on the net and ask as much questions as u can. You still have time now you can cover a lot to the extent that you can become authority. My trip to kenya cost me 800k including shopping money for people back in niger and my safari tour to two different places. But I am not sure I would have gotten that if I had used an agent. So start searching for info right now on nairaland and google. I wish you well.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oolumide: 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
@dasparrow in entourage to nairobi is me, my wife and oir two children. And I paid for their flight ticket since they are above two. Think of it what do you need agent for. Accommodation, flight, airport pick up, tour guide. No way men there more than enough info on net, but be careful of scammers. When you get info from anywhere always backcheck with at least two or three other places. The fact that the info is on net doesnt make it right. I wish you well.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by dasparrow: 5:48am On Sep 20, 2013
oolumide: @dasparrow in entourage to nairobi is me, my wife and oir two children. And I paid for their flight ticket since they are above two. Think of it what do you need agent for. Accommodation, flight, airport pick up, tour guide. No way men there more than enough info on net, but be careful of scammers. When you get info from anywhere always backcheck with at least two or three other places. The fact that the info is on net doesnt make it right. I wish you well.

I appreciate your sincere advice. Thank you very much.

I will start my research now.
Re: On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya by oknee: 11:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
oolumide:
@ bluerange. The kids are so excited you know when they feel they have stories to tell when back to school. I stayed in lavington which is upscale area. But I saw the buses at city centre. I dont want to join the buses cos I am scared for my family. But if it had been only me I would have done so.but the accommodation we got is so lovely. Even friends that we made in nairobi keep ogling at it. But at least it so much change from my PH and Lagos life

Pls can I have the name of the place you stayed. A jjc will be in kenya this march. I think it will be a good place since it came highly recommended.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere / Live And Work In Austria / Please Advise A Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.