Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,185 members, 7,839,037 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! (43318 Views)

Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully / Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by MEILYN(m): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
Afro connect:
even the bible says
"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of the needle than for a rich man to see God"
is it a crime if you aint rich?
Naija is full of hypocrites,they will rob and steal and cheat-thinking if they go before their materialistic pastors and shout and give part of their money to him it is alright.
read your bible,or better still stop deceiving yourself.
you can not serve God and mormon-religious ignoramus.
Mormon? Hmmmmmmmmmm u lack wisdom
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by shejane: 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hw av u help pple around u @op, hw often do u giv 2 motherless home, av u eva starve so dat odas can eat? Do u keep all d commandments of God? Poor pple alwys reason poor tins, lyk der say idle mind is d devil's workshop.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by gebest: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
LET GOD BE THE JUDGE
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
peppy luv: Someone is trying to revenge for what a lady did to him this afternoon and to think I made u cry and got banned for it grin
Come up with sometin new dog! all these thrash are d blows I threw at u that got me banned from travel section this afternoon! U cried out loud when I got likes for my posts and ur pple deserted u evn brownlord u were drinkin panadol for! tongue

*oya bingo run to d other thread and post,I dropped a fat bone for u there cheesy*

cheesy
So u are here braying & wailing again like ur mad Dad again?. ohhhh dear, DONT TELL ME U JUST ARE DOING THAT.
I came up wif sonething new. Ask me what?

Treatment for ur Dad's Street Madness in You.

You got liked for been a skunk like ur Dad & for been a Jade like ur Maam !!! grin

*watches her as she throws up tantrums in d air like her Loony Dad* grin

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
peppy luv: Someone is trying to revenge for what a lady did to him this afternoon and to think I made u cry and got banned for it grin
Come up with sometin new dog! all these thrash are d blows I threw at u that got me banned from travel section this afternoon! U cried out loud when I got likes for my posts and ur pple deserted u evn brownlord u were drinkin panadol for! tongue

*oya bingo run to d other thread and post,I dropped a fat bone for u there cheesy*

oya take this dose again & remember to give to ur dad. wink

"
Peppy luv, i have a job for ur brothers. Pls ask me d company?
The name is Peppy Luv's Mama As*s PLC (PMA plc). Thats where meny men now go day & night. cheesy

CANT WAIT TO SEE UR BROTHERS SHARING UR MAMA'S A*SS with THEIR DAD. !!!!!! grin grin. "

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by shejane: 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
God visited saul, I belv God wil visit u oneday, he dat walks wt d fool shall b a fool bt who dat walks wt d wise shall b wise, I wil alwys walk in d foot step of my bishop Oyedepo jus as God command us 2 walk in d steps of Abraham in isaiah 51:2
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by tsmith(f): 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
I am Christian but must admit that recent happening in Churches especially the African ones is dismal and OP isn't far from the truth.

A convention is held in August at the RCCG grounds for a few days, a 5 year old girl goes missing, at the same convention, a 20billion naira pledge is launched for a new auditorium with donors categorised and benefitting from different level of hand laying (http://rccg.org/index.php/new-auditorium-building-donations/). They even have time to update their website meaning the fully understand and appreciate the power of social media, yet not one mention is said of this missing girl till date. Is it the random vague prophesies ( The Lord says there shall be 50 millionaires before dawn etc) that would win an unbeliever over, or the empathy and care that you show for those in your care. Or does one put the negativity that could be associated with the episode above The missing Sheep? The Parable of the missing sheep (Luke 15:3-cool as told by Jesus himself...."“Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?"

And then Pastor E.A Adeboye & the RCCG have done nothing since then and you say one shouldn't question their conducts?

My Nation, My People...In the words of Bob Marley and Marcus Garvey

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.....none but ourselves can free the mind.....The man who is not able to develop and use his mind is bound to be the slave of the other man who uses his mind ..."

6 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
Originalsly: @OP...how dare you open the eyes of the blind followers of the jet set pastors? How dare you cause them to discern that they are not really MOG but wolves in sheep's clothing? Don't you know that this your thread would cause a big dip in this Sunday's offerings? ...and don't you know to reduce the flow of cash to the church is far worse than blasphemy? When the affected pastors gang up with their politician mobsters and jet after you what would you do? I am just concerned about your safety but after all...the bitter truth must be told and you told it very well.

Don't worry about my safety, I am 4735.7 Kilometres away from those guys - grin

And when I do visit, the Lord is my protector .

If they try 'remote control ' , it could turn out to be very dangerous for them !

grin
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Greaaat: 11:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
Any Christian that pays tithes or offering is a certified maga

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by dam4sam: 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
asudan:
Shame on you for typing this trash. dem force member to pay tithe and offering or dem point gun for their head.
The BIGGEST SHAME is on Eediots like YOU!
You prey on the peopl's IGNORANCE and when Posts like these expose YOU,.... YOU get mad! tongue tongue tongue

Ooleee!!!!

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
Any pastor or priest that is living in wealth should be removed from the church. Give your money to your family, friends, and neighbors instead. The needy should be receiving your help, not a wealthy "Pretender."
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by raystanley(m): 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
ooshinibos:

IT IS SCRIPTURAL FOR A CHRISTIAN OR PASTOR TO BE RICH , PEOPLE DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT RICH IMAMS AND MUSLIM when a christian is rich the devil panicks , I PRAY THAT ALL MY PASTORS BE ABUNDANTLY RICH MORE THEN THEIR ENEMIES
DONKEY OPEN UP TO US...YOU ARE MORE OR LESS A FAKE PASTOR'S RELATIVE...BUT LETS CALL A SPADE A SPADE!
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by colombiana: 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
lil max: So its now a pastors duty to take care of members of d church....abi
. Yes it a pastor's duty to take care of his members,as jesus christ took care of d multitude n fed dem wit 2 fishes n 5 loaves of bread.he cud as well decide to just eat n satisfy himself but he tot of his ple 1st b4 himself.all dis pastors are greedy n only tink of dem selfs n der family,dey tink of opening offshore acct buy properties so wen things go bad dey dnt lack.shame on dem mcheeeeeewww

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by truthman2012(m): 11:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
I am also not in support of a man of God standing before a large audience asking for donations or vows when the sources of their income could not be ascertained.

Such MOG is ready to take money from armed robbers and fraudsters, those who need to give their lives before their money to God.

3 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by IYANGBALI: 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
MostHigh:

look at this pastors daughter. smiley
no mind the mumu
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by peedeeasobie(m): 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ur posts don't bother me at all. Frosbel, take a poll. Find out how many pple dat stopped tithing since u started ur campaign- NONE!
The pple who are noise making with u are pple who already have problem with giving!
Those men of God are not and will never be bothered with ur write up. After u have come and gone with ur write-ups, they will still be standing! Pls don't stop writing and wait for the day u will hear that they are now poor because brethren refused to give. Never!
I'm only worried for u, u started out in d Spirit but u have ended in d flesh. U are fighting God's fight! He is not an idol, He can fight for himself.
I pray that God shld restore u to faith before its too late!
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by IYANGBALI: 12:06am On Aug 22, 2013
shejane: Hw av u help pple around u @op, hw often do u giv 2 motherless home, av u eva starve so dat odas can eat? Do u keep all d commandments of God? Poor pple alwys reason poor tins, lyk der say idle mind is d devil's workshop.
shut the fok up omo baba olowo ,idle mind indeedtongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by IYANGBALI: 12:07am On Aug 22, 2013
peedeeasobie: Ur posts don't bother me at all. Frosbel, take a poll. Find out how many pple dat stopped tithing since u started ur campaign- NONE!
The pple who are noise making with u are pple who already have problem with giving!
Those men of God are not and will never be bothered with ur write up. After u have come and gone with ur write-ups, they will still be standing! Pls don't stop writing and wait for the day u will hear that they are now poor because brethren refused to give. Never!
I'm only worried for u, u started out in d Spirit but u have ended in d flesh. U are fighting God's fight! He is not an idol, He can fight for himself.
I pray that God shld restore u to faith before its too late!
who is this one?

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Yes it is the pastor's duty. In case you don't know pastor means shepherd, it is the shepherd's duty to take care of the flock and not just milk them. Any pastor that doesn't know this is not worth being called a pastor. Also if you read your bible well, church collections in the early church was always used to take care of the needy in the church. That is the example our pastors ought to follow.
gbam! No need to comment again.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Pygru: 12:14am On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel: Any Pastor who lives in luxury and opulence while his church members are broke and struggling to make two ends meet, is in great danger of damnation.

A Pastor who flies in a private Jet worth millions , while a church mother cannot afford to feed her kids has lost the plot and might be a charlatan.

Any Pastor who lives in a mansion worth millions , while a father in the church cannot pay his house rent and bills has to be a charlatan.

Any Pastor who calls poverty a disease instead of an opportunity to do charity is a crook.

Any Pastor who preaches on Money more than any other subject is definitely a crook.

Any Pastor who abuses , bullies and intimates his broke members because they cannot pay tithes should be arrested and charged with extortion.

Any pastor who keeps the books to himself and team , despite the money belonging to the church members, should be asked to show transparency in all matters of finance , if he refuses, he should be investigated for fraud.

Any Pastor who asks you to hope for Money instead of working for Money is a rogue.

Any Pastor who is close friends to politicians and dubious business men is a compromiser and Demas.

Be warned !!
No comment wink wink wink

frosbel: Sorry, spirit of poverty ?? Thank God I have been delivered from the Nigerian brand of Christianity , always looking for spirits everywhere.

While I do 100% believe that there are spiritual attacks and influences in society, the resultant physical manifestation is simply a consequence of our greed, lust and wickedness which attracts these spirits in the first place.

We are quick to blame our leaders but as a Nigerian who has lived in Nigeria for most of his adult life and who visits periodically, our society is rotten from top to bottom and bottom to top.

It is almost impossible to get along in Nigerian society without partaking of sinful acts such as bribery , financial greed and immoral day to day acts.

Will you attribute these traits to spirits ? No.  But you can bet that evil spirits will always take advantage of the darkness in our lives and society as a whole. They will inhabit and attack with dire consequences and inflict misery and curses on us when we imbibe the hidden things of dishonesty and shameful acts.

May we begin to take cue from this knowledge and rid ourselves of every dark deed we practice openly or in public, on ourselves or on others. Only  then can the light of Jesus shine into our souls and shield us from demonic misery.

Conclusion : Poverty can be enhanced by Satan but is generaly caused by greed, selfishness, laziness, unbelief in God and the rejection of Jesus Christ and finally by bad rulers in places of authority.

https://www.nairaland.com/64323/what-spirit-poverty#1267888

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Zeeemo(m): 12:19am On Aug 22, 2013
i_laugh: stay there starting rubbish thread. You havent said anything worthwhile, and then you will call yourself a Christian.
[color=#006600][/color]True talk Bro...Salvation is personal,If u dont Give,U'll nevaa receive and ever broke shall u be
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by victorv12(m): 12:28am On Aug 22, 2013
We should not blame the pastor for everything, we should blame the congregation for being too gullible. The pastor is human, he's trying to survive just like everybody, but it's unfortunate the congregation followed him blindly. It's funny how christians expect truth from a pastor when he knows his income depends on how long they remain brainwashed by the bible.

"The man who want to lead the orchestra must turn is back at the crowd".
-Max Lucado
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Zeeemo(m): 12:58am On Aug 22, 2013
Will a man rob God?
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Burgeo: 1:28am On Aug 22, 2013
ooshinibos:

IT IS SCRIPTURAL FOR A CHRISTIAN OR PASTOR TO BE RICH , PEOPLE DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT RICH IMAMS AND MUSLIM when a christian is rich the devil panicks , I PRAY THAT ALL MY PASTORS BE ABUNDANTLY RICH MORE THEN THEIR ENEMIES
Shut d f**k up. Its ur type dat supports a pastor dat slaps a poor member in front of all d congregation. To whom brain is givn ,sense is. Required wake up!
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by minute(f): 1:39am On Aug 22, 2013
The key word here is credit. Why are they getting all this credit from the banks? Why are

they getting approved for financing- what kind of equity does a pastor have?

I don't know all the in's and out's of this kind of stuff but it's obvious these guys are not

humble, and humility is something of a requisite if you wanna make any claims of piety.

I'd love to sit down with one of these guys and listen to his excuses for driving a gas-guzzling

counter culture Cadillac while his congregation sits on the edge of their wooden sits with baited

breath hanging on his every word about how god is love and Jesus said this or that.

I'm weird but I find it entertaining to see people dance around hypocrisy.

And Yeah, down from where I work is a church called "Abundant life Ministries". The pastor has a

jaguar AND an Escallade. Oh well, at least they are not gold-plated

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Burgeo: 1:49am On Aug 22, 2013
ge best: LET GOD BE THE JUDGE

God would have created man without brains if he doesn't wants us to judge.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by COOLDUN: 2:15am On Aug 22, 2013
gratiaeo: FALLACY OF SEED SOWING (2 TIMOTHY 3: 6, 4:3-4) We are in the heart of the last days and the prophecies of the scripture are being fulfilled in our very own eyes, daily. Today if you turn to virtually every corner of the city, you see a church or ministry as they are called now. Frankly, most believers in Christ misconstrue the meaning of church, ministry and denomination. That is a message for another time though. The Scripture says in 2 Timothy 3: 6-7, “For this sort are they which creep into houses, and led away captive silly women laden with sins, led away with diverse lusts, ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.” In 2 Timothy 4: 3-4 it says, “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers with itching ears; “And they shall be turned unto fables.” In Micah 2: 11, the Scripture says, “If a man walking in the spirit and falsehood do lie, saying I will prophesy unto thee of wine and strong drink; he shall even be the prophet of this people.” This scriptural verse agrees with 2 Timothy 4:3-4, all that most ‘followers of Christ’ want in these last days, are self- edifying sermons, not necessarily what God wants them to do. The reigning message is no longer, ‘seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all other things shall be added unto you,’ but sow seed in the church or ministry and whatever you want shall be added unto you, in the preacher’s declared measures. I think every believer with the spirit of discernment ought to know where this heretic doctrine comes from. Most Christians are very deficient and lazy in searching the scripture to listen to what God wants them to understand about His purpose for their lives, but run to places where all manner of teachings and doctrines are taught. We prefer to follow the easy way where multitudes are found while neglecting the caution that says ‘the path that leads destruction is broad and narrow is the way and strait is the gate that leads to eternal life’. The first time I heard of the sowing of seed was when I came to Jos newly. On 9th September 2001, the Sunday after the Friday 7th September 2001 Jos North ethno-religious crisis, I went to a church in Kufang. After the sermon, the pastor of the church said that there was need for us to pray so that we will have a peaceful week, which was good. But what troubled me was, when he asked who will sow seed of three thousand naira (N3000.00), two thousand naira (N2000.00) and one thousand (N1000.00) and so forth. I was wondering when the Lord has changed his principle of answering prayers by grace, to answering prayers by sowing of seeds. I was invited to a program in a church some few years back at FDA Road Dadin Kowa Jos; a pastor from a different church was invited to preach. He preached wonderfully about the last days and the maneuvers of Satan to destroy the church, but after the sermon he said that those who would want to escape the snares of the devil should sow seed of two thousand naira (N2000.00) to be prayed for. And if they didn’t have the cash on them at the moment, they should make pledges. Those pastors are cunning with words and intimidate their congregation into sowing seeds; otherwise, their prayers will not be answered. In fact that same pastor gave a testimony, where he said in his church the Lord told them to bring plastic chair each, but a lady refused. So one day when she was preparing for her wedding, he met her and reminded her about the chair, but she didn’t take heed. On her way to the village he said, a car lost control and drove straight to where she sat in a bus, and hit it hard and she died. According to him, she died because she refused to bring a plastic chair to his church, by implication, it can be said that she went to hell because she refused to bring a plastic chair to a church. Candidly, only Satan can do that and not Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible. When has God dropped faith to embrace material things as a condition for inheriting his promises? His word says, “Without faith it is impossible to please Him.” (Hebrews 11: 6). In James 1: 5-6 it is written, “If any man lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally and up braideth not; and it shall be given him. “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with wind and tossed.” When Peter met the lame man at the Gate called Beautiful, the man did not sow seed before Christ healed him through Peter, but his faith. The woman with the issue of blood was not healed by Christ because she sowed seed, but her faith. I can go on and on. The people that believe such pastors don’t have the spirit of God. The spirit of God is not the author of confusion, and is full of knowledge and wisdom. I want those that sow seeds for prayers by their pastors to tell me, the prayers they do before eating their food, their morning devotion, before embarking on a journey and so on, to whom do they sow seeds to? Are they not the prayers of faith? If you believe that praying at night before going to bed will move God to protect your family, why would you believe that sowing seed is prerequisite for God to answer your prayers on other issues?. What is it that you have that has not been given to you by God? And what will you give to God to bless you and how much do you worth to buy His blessings? He said, “The Heaven is my throne and the earth my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? And where is my place of rest? “For all these things had mine hand made, and all those things have been saidth the LORD: but to this will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit and trembleth at my word.” Isaiah 66: 1-2. To prove further that God is more interested in our hearts, Jesus Christ said that if you bring your offering to the alter, and remember that someone has something against you, leave your gift at the alter and go and reconcile first. With these how can someone tell you that it is the seed, and you believe? Apostle Paul through the spirit of God said, “Let us come with boldness unto the throne of grace to obtain help in time of need.” In Hebrews 4: 16 Jesus said, “He that comes to me in no wise will I cast him away.” Why is it that you cannot go to the throne of grace with boldness so much that you have to sow seed for someone to pray on your behalf? Is there fire at the throne of grace? Has God cast you away? Why fall prey to these Sooth Sayers that pose as servants of God? Christ said, “Come unto me ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest, do you exclude yourself from this call? Matthew 11: 28. Christ wants you to come to him directly, he is not a terrorist. How many seeds did you sow, that made God sent Him to die for you and I? If his death was free, where did God say you must sow seeds for Him to hear your prayers? God cannot be bribed. God spoke through the Psalmist saying, “I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he-goats out of thy folds. For every beast of the forest are mine and the cattle upon thousand hills. “I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell thee; for the world is mine, and the fullness thereof. Will I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats? “Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the Most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.” Psalm 50: 9-15 Brothers and sisters God wants us to ask in faith and not sow seed for our prayers to be answered. Christ paid the supreme sacrifice; all that He wants from us is to reach out to Him in faith.

Thank you very much my dear for saying the real truth, OP, I thank you too for this wonderful thread, do not mind the people who are accusing you of judging the prodperity pastors, while also judging you by their questions/words.

Church does never give a salvation , neither does it solve any problem, only Jesus through your faithful prayers can save. The blessings of God is never for sale, but divinly free. God bless those who live in the truth. And have mercy on the sinners IJN. Amen.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Originalsly: 2:48am On Aug 22, 2013
shejane: God visited saul, I belv God wil visit u oneday, he dat walks wt d fool shall b a fool bt who dat walks wt d wise shall b wise, I wil alwys walk in d foot step of my bishop Oyedepo jus as God command us 2 walk in d steps of Abraham in isaiah 51:2
Wow!...God spoke to and directed Abraham. Did God ever speak to your bishop? ..why would you follow blindly in the footsteps of a sinner just like you?...or even worse? What happen to Jesus? You need to ask yourself if you are really following the wise or a fool.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Richieboyn: 3:00am On Aug 22, 2013
soj-naija:

If na that one you wan talk.. them dey always do feet-washing service for Winners Chapel.. i have had my feet washed by pastors more than once.

hahahahaha. so winners now copies d catholics? hahahahaha
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by lawkenoz(m): 3:17am On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel:

Point of correction based on TRUTH and CONTEXT Sir.

Scenario 1 : Moses was not at fault.

Korah and co brought up their accusations against Moses :

"Now Korah the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, with Dathan and Abiram the sons of Eliab, and On the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men; and they rose up before Moses with some of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty leaders of the congregation, representatives of the congregation, men of renown. They gathered together against Moses and Aaron, and said to them, “You take too much upon yourselves, for all the congregation is holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them. Why then do you exalt yourselves above the assembly of the LORD?” - Numbers 16:1-3

Note the following :

- Koarh and Team knew that GOD had called Moses himself , after all the miracles and mighty deliverance. Moses was a very humble and God fearing MAN.

Same cannot be said of so many MOG today, especially those who slap small girls and bully wives and mothers to go against their husbands. Many so called MOG stink of narcissism and arrogance.

- Korah and Team rebelled against the authority of GOD which HE imbued on Moses and thus rebelled against God himself.

Many so called MOG do not know God talk less of having his authority.

- They falsely accused him of exalting himself , even though God testified that Moses was the meekest MAN on the earth

Korah and Team were not content with their estate and wanted to usurp the position of Moses , just like many MOG usurp the place of Christ in the church.

Fact : Moses was not at fault.

Scenario 2 - Again , contrary to your analysis, Moses was not at fault, he was opposed because he married a black woman.

"12 Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite. 2 “Has the Lord spoken only through Moses?” they asked. “Hasn’t he also spoken through us?” And the Lord heard this.

3 (Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.)

4 At once the Lord said to Moses, Aaron and Miriam, “Come out to the tent of meeting, all three of you.” So the three of them went out. 5 Then the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud; he stood at the entrance to the tent and summoned Aaron and Miriam. When the two of them stepped forward, " - Numbers 12:1-5

Fact : Moses was not at fault.

Get your facts right before you issue empty threats.

One Love and Peace Bro.

smiley
kai frosbel I need u to be my friend, I never knew u would spot the falacy that brainwashed pastor worshipper tried to con on u. When he said moses was as fault I nearly laughed to death. I was like this guy claims to be a xtain nd he could spill such rubbish when the cheapest bible is sold for just 250 naira? This is just to tell how scared and brainwashed they are believing when you critisize the evil doings of a so called pastor God punishes you, you can imagine such xtain! He even had to twist the bible saying moses was at fault lwkmd! I heard one saying u should go to CAN nd lay your corrections or wateva, why doesn't he go to aso rock nd complain to GEJ about certain naija policies nd d state of the nation? Or is he in anyway assuming the pastors don't knw the bible enough to correct themselves abi most of them don't have members on nairaland? Just keep on the Good work bro, I dey ur back kampe!

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Pain(m): 3:52am On Aug 22, 2013
Some Blind Bigots will be here to defend their "gods"

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.