Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,203 members, 7,839,098 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! (43319 Views)

Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully / Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Tinyemeka(m): 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
oloriooko: so many babblers on this forum, why don't you start your own church and show them how to run it!
stop hating and start acting!

[img]http:///i/jw6agmg[/img]

See Deeper Bible Life Ministries.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Tinyemeka(m): 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
ProPastorChris: @ mr frosbel,

you lack spiritual understanding and training.
your post depicts your shallow understanding of spiritual truth and it shows your deep craving for material wealth.
if you know what you are trying to say, your approach would have been different and purposeful.
seem, you always look for topics that can bring you to the frontpage at same time deceive many with your evil machinations of protecting the church while actually you are an agent from the pit of hell to destroy the church from within.
you have failed and your actions will not only put you in serious trouble but your future generations will also actively partake of your demonic acts.
better you repent, pray for the church instead of trying to destroy it cos no human can bring down the Church of Jesus Christ.

I wish you had said somthing reasonable. What makes your post any different or better than Frosbel's OP?
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
okpara ugo:

It means you lack a good knowledge of your bible. At the time when followers of Christ were first called Christians at Antioch, church donations were meant for taking care of the poor believers and not for the consumption of preachers...

Paul himself was a tent maker/builder by practice and a lawyer by profession...

I baffle at billionaire men of God asking in my mind.. Who do they imitate

How about the prophet that asked for the LAST MEAL of a widower in the Bible!
That was the only meal left for her and her child. They've already planned to eat the last meal and then sleep & die. YET, the Prophet still approached her with God's message.

The prophet told her to make the meal for him! She obeyed cos she realised the Prophet is a true messenger of God.

This woman through this gesture live in plenty and bountifully..

I'm sure people like you & OP would have used your man-made deposited earthly understanding to insult the prophet..

Abeg... I don tire..

Those paying the tithes aren't complaining so whats the fuss??

I've never never had a reason to regret paying tithe, offerings or sowing seeds..

These petty sums aint even close to what I wish to do..

The only thing I do when I sow is to sow more..

This principal worked for everyone I know on earth!
You can never sow and regret. Blessings is always the aftermath of giving..

So brother, pay tithe or no pay! E nor change the principle of the God who created everyone...

Obey him or Disobey him.... Your judgement is inevitable..

Infact, Satan is sooo happy to see you fighting the message of tithe.

Now he has an excuse to deal with you here on earth and in hell if you fail to repent.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^^^

"And the misery of the children of men who corrupt their minds and are cheated of the truth, and they think that making money is the worship of God; but stay away from these things," - 1 Timothy 6:5

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by iamdsam: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
The one I hate most is the sowing of seed. I never indulge in it. I prefer giving that money to the poor dying in need of it. As for tithes, I also do same. Their children are abroad while church members which are poor can't take their children to school or maybe struggle hard almost to the point of death before they can get the fund to take their children through school. They build universities which only rich people can afford taking their children to while the children of the poor members of their church can't afford. They don't even bother to give schoolarship the children of the poor members. They waste millions building auditoriums which would not add anything to the life of members suffering but instead add more money to their pockets. They share and sell expensive books and handouts even when they see people suffering nearby which this money can help or even change their life forever. They keep building more branch of churches when they can use such money to empower the poor or even the youths without job that are suffering and lingering about. They drive the most expensive cars even when their members don't even have clothes to put on. They build expensive mansions even when their members don't have a place to rest their head. They criticize youths that have indulged in criminal activities even when they don't bother to give any a job. Prophet T.B. Joshua is the only exception. He's the only man of God that has been able to help the poor which others have ignored. He has helped to restore back the life of youths that have been criminals. He has given hope to the hopeless. He has done so much for the less priviledged. These few examples of what he has done are part of the reasons why most of these jet loving, uncaring, greedy and jealous pastors and men of whatever hate him. He did not buy a let because he knows that somebody is suffering nearby and needs help. How many of these greedy pastors can give away their car as a gift to the less priviledged How many of them can sponsor the child of a poor man to the university who merits it I'll continue to respect you everyday of my life. You're a role model worth following @ Prophet T.B. Joshua. God will continue to prosper you and give you long life as you continue to help mankind. I'll also try to play my own quota. God bless you and I love you @ Prophet T.B. Joshua. Let Love Lead!

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel:

Point of correction based on TRUTH and CONTEXT Sir.

Scenario 1 : Moses was not at fault.

Korah and co brought up their accusations against Moses :

"Now Korah the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, with Dathan and Abiram the sons of Eliab, and On the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men; and they rose up before Moses with some of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty leaders of the congregation, representatives of the congregation, men of renown. They gathered together against Moses and Aaron, and said to them, “You take too much upon yourselves, for all the congregation is holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them. Why then do you exalt yourselves above the assembly of the LORD?” - Numbers 16:1-3

Note the following :

- Koarh and Team knew that GOD had called Moses himself , after all the miracles and mighty deliverance. Moses was a very humble and God fearing MAN.

Same cannot be said of so many MOG today, especially those who slap small girls and bully wives and mothers to go against their husbands. Many so called MOG stink of narcissism and arrogance.

- Korah and Team rebelled against the authority of GOD which HE imbued on Moses and thus rebelled against God himself.

Many so called MOG do not know God talk less of having his authority.

- They falsely accused him of exalting himself , even though God testified that Moses was the meekest MAN on the earth

Korah and Team were not content with their estate and wanted to usurp the position of Moses , just like many MOG usurp the place of Christ in the church.

Fact : Moses was not at fault.

Scenario 2 - Again , contrary to your analysis, Moses was not at fault, he was opposed because he married a black woman.

"12 Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite. 2 “Has the Lord spoken only through Moses?” they asked. “Hasn’t he also spoken through us?” And the Lord heard this.

3 (Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.)

4 At once the Lord said to Moses, Aaron and Miriam, “Come out to the tent of meeting, all three of you.” So the three of them went out. 5 Then the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud; he stood at the entrance to the tent and summoned Aaron and Miriam. When the two of them stepped forward, " - Numbers 12:1-5

Fact : Moses was not at fault.

Get your facts right before you issue empty threats.

One Love and Peace Bro.

smiley
Lol... I issue threats? Smh.
Like i said, on the two occasions, *looking from their angle*, Moses was at fault. To them, their accusation was right. The Lord never said they lied. So it was reality.
I already know what to expect from you.
But i saw you quoted half post. That suggests to me that you got my intended message. Its well.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
idnoble135:
Lol... I issue threats? Smh.
Like i said, on the two occasions, *looking from their angle*, Moses was at fault. To them, their accusation was right. The Lord never said they lied. So it was reality.
I already know what to expect from you.
But i saw you quoted half post. That suggests to me that you got my intended message. Its well.

I hate long posts, make it short next time, grin
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
iamdsam: The one I hate most is the sowing of seed. I never indulge in it. I prefer giving that money to the poor dying in need of it. As for tithes, I also do same. Their children are abroad while church members which are poor can't take their children to school or maybe struggle hard almost to the point of death before they can get the fund to take their children through school. They build universities which only rich people can afford taking their children to while the children of the poor members of their church can't afford. They don't even bother to give schoolarship the children of the poor members. They waste millions building auditoriums which would not add anything to the life of members suffering but instead add more money to their pockets. They share and sell expensive books and handouts even when they see people suffering nearby which this money can help or even change their life forever. They keep building more branch of churches when they can use such money to empower the poor or even the youths without job that are suffering and lingering about. They drive the most expensive cars even when their members don't even have clothes to put on. They build expensive mansions even when their members don't have a place to rest their head. They criticize youths that have indulged in criminal activities even when they don't bother to give any a job. Prophet T.B. Joshua is the only exception. He's the only man of God that has been able to help the poor which others have ignored. He has helped to restore back the life of youths that have been criminals. He has given hope to the hopeless. He has done so much for the less priviledged. These few examples of what he has done are part of the reasons why most of these jet loving, uncaring, greedy and jealous pastors and men of whatever hate him. He did not buy a let because he knows that somebody is suffering nearby and needs help. How many of these greedy pastors can give away their car as a gift to the less priviledged How many of them can sponsor the child of a poor man to the university who merits it I'll continue to respect you everyday of my life. You're a role model worth following @ Prophet T.B. Joshua. God will continue to prosper you and give you long life as you continue to help mankind. I'll also try to play my own quota. God bless you and I love you @ Prophet T.B. Joshua. Let Love Lead!

*yawn*

Pay or no pay, it doesn't change the power of tithe, offering and seeds..
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel:

I hate long posts, make it short next time, grin
Lol...Its well. You can always re visit my post when the traffic on the thread goes down.
For now, i think am free to unfollow the thread. smiley
acidosis™:

*yawn*

Pay or no pay, it doesn't change the power of tithe, offering and seeds..

"And the misery of the children of men who corrupt their minds and are cheated of the truth, and they think that making money is the worship of God; but stay away from these things," - 1 Timothy 6:5

wink wink
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
I always knew u opened ur market sori church grin and u tot u cud win customers by insulting urself not catholics but when they didn't show up,u turned around to face ur fellow marketers who took away ur customers! grin grin grin

*akpa amu nkita di ka gi! Ewu grin*

frosbel: ^

Well said !
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
peppy luv: I always knew u opened ur market sori church grin and u tot u cud win customers by insulting urself not catholics but when they didn't show up,u turned around to face ur fellow marketers who took away ur customers! grin grin grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/_iMzci8PoTqs/TU35HEObWQI/AAAAAAAAAYE/0HsDa6zHaPk/s320/wink.jpg[/img]
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ezi!! face ur fellow protestants and leave d catholics out of it tongue

acidosis™:

Mr Catholic..

F00lish Man

Your Reverend father will die of hunger if you fail to pay your due..

Oya go and knee down before your father
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
Genesis 14: 20; (Hebrews 7:2)
gave him tithes of all.

Genesis 28: 22
"I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Leviticus 27: 30
"tithe of the land . . . is holy unto the Lord."

Number 18: 26
"for the Lord, even a tenth part of the tithe.

Deuteronomy 12: 6
"your tithes, and heave offerings."

Deuteronomy 14: 22 (Deut. 26: 12)
"tithe all the increase of thy seed."

2 Chronicles 31: 5 [/b]
"tithe of all things brought they in abundantly." [/b]

Nehemiah 10: 38
Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes.

Nehemiah 12: 44
"for the treasures, to gather.

Nehemiah 13: 12
"brought all Judah the tithe of the corn."

Malachi 3: 8
"Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings."

Matthew 23: 23
"tithe of mint and anise and cummin."

Luke 18: 12
I give tithes of all that I possess.

So Who are you to tell me not to pay my tithes??

Are you the new agent lucifer sent to deceive people??
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
pastor suppose 2 .....,..,

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by hustine316: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
acidosis™:
gave him tithes of all.

Null and Void , we are not under the old covenant. However, if you notice it was never MONEY , always agricultural produce.

smiley

Better start tithing the right way then as mentioned by Jesus :

mint

[img]http://atemptingvegan.files./2012/06/mint.jpg[/img]

anise

cummin

No MONEY Pal, always Agricultural produce.

grin
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
acidosis™:
gave him tithes of all.

Are you the new agent lucifer sent to deceive people??

Abeg no mind them joooo.

They think worshipping fallen angels & Mary is what God is after!!
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Truckpusher(m): 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
peppy luv: I always knew u opened ur market sori church grin and u tot u cud win customers by insulting urself not catholics but when they didn't show up,u turned around to face ur fellow marketers who took away ur customers! grin grin grin

Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
Is Tithing Biblical?

Is tithing Biblical? Sure, if you happen to be a non-Christian Jew who is still erroneously living under Old Testament law**. But tithing is not Biblical for Christians.

As shocking as this may sound, tithing is a literal fraud (mostly unintentional) that has been perpetrated for many years upon most of Christianity in general. Christians have been literally robbed by people that are so deceived in this area that they think it is God’s will and mandate for them to do so. Very few modern tithe teachers realize that they have no rights whatsoever to exact a tithe from Christians. And very few are open to a warning on the subject. Many have become so entangled in “needing” this money, among other things, to pay massive building debts (debts they had no Biblical right to incur in the first place).

Tithing is strictly for the non-Christian Jew and many Jewish scholars will gladly tell you this. Jewish people who have become Christians (Judeo Christians or Messianic Jews) are actually free from the tithe and from all Old Testament ceremonial law although some of them may not realize this. While the moral law and much of the civil law remains (such as in ethical standards), Christians are not under the ceremonial law of the Old Testament. According to Galatians 3, those who try and keep any part of the ceremonial law must keep the whole law. It is a vain and futile thing to attempt.

In brief, tithing is never once taught in the New Testament, which is the blueprint for the Church and for Christian living. Some argue that Jesus upheld tithing in the New Testament. But what they fail to recognize is when Jesus told various men in the New Testament that they should not neglect the tithe is because those men were Jews, not Christians and Jesus had not yet died and rose from the dead redeeming us in general from ceremonial Jewish law.

Read the rest HERE
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
peppy luv: Ezi!! face ur fellow protestants and leave d catholics out of it tongue

He shuld face his protestant?...i see u are scared of defending ur drug-pushing Lords called Popes & Reverends.

ok disclaim this IF U ARE BOLD:

biblelight.net/pope_to_seek_forgiveness.htm
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
James 1:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 Religion that God our Father
accepts as pure and faultless is this:
to look after orphans and widows in
their distress and to keep oneself
from being polluted by the world.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by truthman2012(m): 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
danot1030: @truthman2012, It is requir in stewards dat a man be faithful 1cor.4:2. wher is ur loyalty, wont it be beta u leav d church dan suport d agents of satan out 2 castigate d church? go n read Ish.60:5-16 n 61:5-6 1Cor.9:7-14 n c God's plan 4 his church.

I am no more in that church. Thank you.

You see, Paul established many churches in his time and never got headquaters where the tithes were being deposited for use for his pleasure.

The truth remains that men of God in the Bible were not interested in wealth like we have today. Jesus said ''lay your treasures in heaven''. Why are they so much attached to the things of this world if heaven is their goal? Who is their standard in the Bible?

I am sure you know how people were selling their belongings and distributed according to the needs of the brethdren. This taking care of one another. I tell you, if today's rich men of God do what they are required to do for the needy, there will be no much left for so much affluence.

I have many things to say but am using phone now, I may say more when I get to the computer.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by oloriooko(m): 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
ProPastorChris: @ frosbel

[size=28pt]i need immediate answers to these simple questios:[/size]

[size=38pt]do you think these men of God you mentioned are unqualified to be called such?
do you think you can do a better job than they are doing right now?
do you run a church or ministry by yourself?[/size]

You are a bloated fool, are you the asshole's mouthpiece?
Self righteous OP, please answer these simple question, else short your deceitful mouth up.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
A tenth part, or 10 percent, given or
paid as a tribute, especially for
religious purposes.
The Bible tells of two instances prior to
the setting up of the Law covenant in
which a tenth part of possessions was
paid to God or to his representative.
The first of these was on the occasion
when Abraham gave Melchizedek one
tenth of the spoils of his victory over
Chedorlaomer and his allies. (Ge
14:18-20 ) The apostle Paul cites this
incident as proof that Christ’s
priesthood according to the manner
of Melchizedek is superior to that of
Levi, since Levi, being in the loins of
Abraham, paid tithes, in effect, to
Melchizedek. ( Heb 7:4-10 ) The second
case concerned Jacob, who vowed at
Bethel to give one tenth of his
substance to God.— Ge 28:20-22 .
These two accounts, however, are
merely instances of voluntarily giving
one tenth. There is no record to the
effect that Abraham or Jacob
commanded their descendants to
follow such examples, thereby
establishing a religious practice,
custom, or law. It would have been
superfluous for Jacob, if already
under a compulsory obligation to pay
tithes, to vow to do so, as he did. It is
therefore evident that the tithing
arrangement was not a custom or a
law among the early Hebrews. It was
instituted with the inauguration of the
Law covenant, not before.
Mosaic Tithing Laws. Jehovah gave
Israel tithing laws for definite
purposes, apparently involving the
use of two tenths of their annual
income, except during the Sabbath
years, when no tithe was paid, since
no income was anticipated. (Le
25:1-12 ) However, some scholars
believe there was only one tithe. Such
tithes were in addition to the firstfruits
they were under obligation to offer to
Jehovah.— Ex 23:19; 34:26 .
The first tithe, consisting of one tenth
of the produce of the land and fruit
trees and (evidently of the increase ) of
the herds and flocks, was brought to
the sanctuary and given to the Levites,
since they had no inheritance in the
land but were devoted to the service
of the sanctuary. ( Le 27:30-32; Nu
18:21, 24 ) The Levites, in turn, gave a
tenth of what they received to the
Aaronic priesthood for their support.
—Nu 18:25-29 .
Evidently the grain was threshed and
the fruit of the vine and of the olive
tree was converted into wine and oil
before tithing. (Nu 18:27, 30; Ne 10:37 )
If an Israelite wished to give money
instead of this produce, he could do
so, provided he added an additional
fifth to the valuation. ( Le 27:31 ) But it
was different with the flock and the
herd. As the animals came out of the
pen one by one through a gate, the
owner stood by the gate with a rod
and marked every tenth one as the
tithe, without examination or
selection.— Le 27:32, 33 .
It seems there was an additional tithe,
a second tenth, set aside each year
for purposes other than the direct
support of the Levitical priesthood,
though the Levites shared in it.
Normally it was used and enjoyed in
large measure by the Israelite family
when assembling together at the
national festivals. In cases where the
distance to Jerusalem was too great
for the convenient transport of this
tithe, then the produce was converted
into money and this, in turn, was used
in Jerusalem for the household’s
sustenance and enjoyment during the
holy convention there. ( De 12:4-7, 11,
17, 18; 14:22-27 ) Then, at the end of
every third and sixth years of the
seven-year sabbatical cycle, this tithe,
instead of being used to defray
expenses at the national assemblies,
was set aside for the Levites, alien
residents, widows, and fatherless boys
in the local community.— De 14:28, 29;
26:12 .
These tithing laws binding on Israel
were not excessive. Nor should it be
overlooked that God promised to
prosper Israel by opening “the
floodgates of the heavens” if his
tithing laws were obeyed. (Mal 3:10;
De 28:1, 2, 11-14 ) When the people
became negligent as to tithing, the
priesthood suffered, for the priests
and Levites were forced to spend their
time in secular work and consequently
neglected their ministerial services.
(Ne 13:10 ) Such unfaithfulness tended
to bring about a decline in true
worship. Sadly, when the ten tribes
fell away to calf worship, they used
the tithe to support that false religion.
(Am 4:4, 5 ) On the other hand, when
Israel was faithful to Jehovah and was
under the rule of righteous
administrators, tithing for the Levites
was restored, and true to Jehovah’s
promise, there were no shortages.—
2Ch 31:4-12; Ne 10:37, 38; 12:44;
13:11-13 .
Under the Law there was no stated
penalty to be applied to a person
failing to tithe. Jehovah placed all
under a strong moral obligation to
provide the tithe; at the end of the
three-year tithing cycle, they were
required to confess before him that
the tithe had been paid in full. (De
26:12-15 ) Anything wrongfully
withheld was viewed as something
stolen from God.—Mal 3:7-9 .
By the first century C.E., the Jewish
religious leaders, particularly among
the scribes and Pharisees, were
making a sanctimonious show of
tithing and other outward works, in a
form of worship, but their hearts were
far removed from God. (Mt 15:1-9 )
Jesus reproved them for their selfish,
hypocritical attitude, calling attention
to their being meticulous to give a
tenth even of “the mint and the dill
and the cumin”—something they
should have done—yet at the same
time disregarding “the weightier
matters of the Law, namely, justice
and mercy and faithfulness.” (Mt
23:23; Lu 11:42 ) By way of illustration,
Jesus contrasted the Pharisee who
boastfully felt self-righteous because
of his own works of fasting and
tithing, with the tax collector who,
though considered as nothing by the
Pharisee, humbled himself, confessed
his sins to God, and begged for divine
mercy.— Lu 18:9-14 .
No Tithing for Christians. At no time
were first-century Christians
commanded to pay tithes. The
primary purpose of the tithing
arrangement under the Law had been
to support Israel’s temple and
priesthood; consequently the
obligation to pay tithes would cease
when that Mosaic Law covenant came
to an end as fulfilled, through Christ’s
death on the torture stake. (Eph 2:15;
Col 2:13, 14) It is true that Levitical
priests continued serving at the
temple in Jerusalem until it was
destroyed in 70 C.E., but Christians
from and after 33 C.E. became part of
a new spiritual priesthood that was
not supported by tithes.— Ro 6:14;
Heb 7:12; 1Pe 2:9 .
As Christians, they were encouraged
to give support to the Christian
ministry both by their own ministerial
activity and by material contributions.
Instead of giving fixed, specified
amounts to defray congregational
expenses, they were to contribute
“according to what a person has,”
giving “as he has resolved in his heart,
not grudgingly or under compulsion,
for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2Co
8:12; 9:7 ) They were encouraged to
follow the principle: “Let the older
men who preside in a fine way be
reckoned worthy of double honor,
especially those who work hard in
speaking and teaching. For the
scripture says: ‘You must not muzzle a
bull when it threshes out the grain’;
also: ‘The workman is worthy of his
wages.’” (1Ti 5:17, 18) However, the
apostle Paul set an example in seeking
to avoid bringing an undue financial
burden on the congregation.— Ac
18:3; 1Th 2:9 .
Copyright © 2013 Watch Tower

www.jw.org
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by maximunimpact(m): 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
Pastors are the most stingy set of creatures on this plannet, if u want to confirm wat I mean beg him 4 food, he will just recommend 2wks dry fasting 4 u! Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
The integrity of a MAN of GOD and the Greed of a Covetous MAN of GOD :

2 Kings 5
15 Then Naaman and all his attendants went back to the man of God. He stood before him and said, “Now I know that there is no God in all the world except in Israel. So please accept a gift from your servant.”

16 The prophet answered, “As surely as the Lord lives, whom I serve, I will not accept a thing.” And even though Naaman urged him, he refused.

Here we see GOD in action through his MAN who refused to take any Gold or Silver offered by NAMAN. In other words a MAN of integrity and honour.

19 “Go in peace,” Elisha said.

After Naaman had traveled some distance, 20 Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said to himself, “My master was too easy on Naaman, this Aramean, by not accepting from him what he brought. As surely as the Lord lives, I will run after him and get something from him.”

Now here is greedy Gehazi, wanting to take MONEY ( Silver and Gold ) from Naman.

22 “Everything is all right,” Gehazi answered. “My master sent me to say, ‘Two young men from the company of the prophets have just come to me from the hill country of Ephraim. Please give them a talent[d] of silver and two sets of clothing.’”

23 “By all means, take two talents,” said Naaman. He urged Gehazi to accept them, and then tied up the two talents of silver in two bags, with two sets of clothing. He gave them to two of his servants, and they carried them ahead of Gehazi.

“Where have you been, Gehazi?”

“Your servant didn’t go anywhere,” Gehazi answered.

26 But Elisha said to him, “Was not my spirit with you when the man got down from his chariot to meet you? Is this the time to take money or to accept clothes—or olive groves and vineyards, or flocks and herds, or male and female slaves? 27 Naaman’s leprosy will cling to you and to your descendants forever.” Then Gehazi went from Elisha’s presence and his skin was leprous—it had become as white as snow.

Finally the END of a Greedy MAN, Sad and Pathetic.

"But those who desire to be rich fall into temptations and into traps, and into many foolish and harmful desires, and they sink the children of men into corruption and destruction." - 1 Timothy 6:

"The greedy bring ruin to their households, but the one who hates bribes will live." - Proverbs 15:27

"The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful." - Matthew 13:22
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Perfecter4real(m): 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Yes it is the pastor's duty. In case you don't know pastor means shepherd, it is the shepherd's duty to take care of the flock and not just milk them. Any pastor that doesn't know this is not worth being called a pastor. Also if you read your bible well, church collections in the early church was always used to take care of the needy in the church. That is the example our pastors ought to follow.
can u hear ur self huh? To start with i see u as an attention seeker just trying to get attention now tell me when it has become the duty of the pastor to take care of his members finacial needs? For crying out loud both the church members and the pastor serve and worship the same God..if u read ur bible very well it says in the book of phil 4:19 ''but God will supply all my needs according to his riches and glory in christ Jesus''. So why dont the paupper in the church pray and trust in the same God that bless the pastor finacially to shower his blessings on them also.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by shejane: 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
Satan can't come out nd speak, he wil alwys speak thru som1 lyk d case of peter nd Jesus, so @op nd frends y nt rebuke dat devil nd he wil flew away 4m u. Sin against d Holy Spirit is unforgiveable, everytin shdt b play in ur life. He who av ears let him hear
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
@frosbel
shame on you for speaking evil of men of God. shame on you for not esteeming the anointing of God on pastors. shame on you for allowing the devil to get a hold of your mind and using you so cheaply. don't tell me u are a wolf in sheep's clothing. you call jesus but yet reject the very gospel he came to preach. having a form of godliness bt denying the power of it. my brother, my prayer 4 u is that God Almight whom u profess will open ur understandin and make u know and understand the mysteries of the kingdom of God cos you don't. in d mean time, i recommend you back to God n to the word of his grace because on dat day many like you wil say lord, lord, hav we not in your name.... i do not want ur story to be like that. spend more time studying the Worm n wealth, riches, paying tithe, flying jet wil not be a mystery to you or even elude you. many like you are often very poor. a rich man wud av no issue when money is called. der re 2 piple in d world:d avs and d avs-not so pls spare me your ungodly gospel
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
jarsofclay: @frosbel
shame on you for speaking evil of men of God. shame on you for not esteeming the anointing of God on pastors. shame on you for allowing the devil to get a hold of your mind and using you so cheaply. don't tell me u are a wolf in sheep's clothing. you call jesus but yet reject the very gospel he came to preach. having a form of godliness bt denying the power of it. my brother, my prayer 4 u is that God Almight whom u profess will open ur understandin and make u know and understand the mysteries of the kingdom of God cos you don't. in d mean time, i recommend you back to God n to the word of his grace because on dat day many like you wil say lord, lord, hav we not in your name.... i do not want ur story to be like that. spend more time studying the Worm n wealth, riches, paying tithe, flying jet wil not be a mystery to you or even elude you. many like you are often very poor. a rich man wud av no issue when money is called. der re 2 piple in d world:d avs and d avs-not so pls spare me your ungodly gospel

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires," - 2 Timothy 4:3

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.