Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,037 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! (43285 Views)

Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully / Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
Any Pastor who lives in luxury and opulence while his church members are broke and struggling to make two ends meet, is in great danger of damnation.

A Pastor who flies in a private Jet worth millions , while a church mother cannot afford to feed her kids has lost the plot and might be a charlatan.

Any Pastor who lives in a mansion worth millions , while a father in the church cannot pay his house rent and bills has to be a charlatan.

Any Pastor who calls poverty a disease instead of an opportunity to do charity is a crook.

Any Pastor who preaches on Money more than any other subject is definitely a crook.

Any Pastor who abuses , bullies and intimates his broke members because they cannot pay tithes should be arrested and charged with extortion.

Any pastor who keeps the books to himself and team , despite the money belonging to the church members, should be asked to show transparency in all matters of finance , if he refuses, he should be investigated for fraud.

Any Pastor who asks you to hope for Money instead of working for Money is a rogue.

Any Pastor who is close friends to politicians and dubious business men is a compromiser and Demas.

Be warned !!

244 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
How many you won bash? Catholic and?

Go and get pastorpreneur insight..........and the process of making money through people's ignorance. Billions in your pocket bro.....nothing is shame here if Oyedepo dash you mansion, limo, jet and some cash in your account.

Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by advocate666: 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
Don't forget to pay your tithes, you christians.

3 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by lilmax(m): 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
So its now a pastors duty to take care of members of d church....abi

5 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by PastorKun(m): 6:41am On Aug 21, 2013
lil max: So its now a pastors duty to take care of members of d church....abi

Yes it is the pastor's duty. In case you don't know pastor means shepherd, it is the shepherd's duty to take care of the flock and not just milk them. Any pastor that doesn't know this is not worth being called a pastor. Also if you read your bible well, church collections in the early church was always used to take care of the needy in the church. That is the example our pastors ought to follow.

190 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 21, 2013
^

Well said !

14 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by PastorOluT(m): 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
Well said pastor kunle and I agree with u 100%.
But I have a reservation @ op, it is a fact that the poor will always b among us no matter what, though the pastor/shepherd should always know the condition of the sheep n care for them. The issue should rather b setting the priorities right as pastors and living according to the teachings of the scriptures concerning sherpherding.
One other thing, ur points made me laugh especially the one that 'any pastor that bullies n intimidate his members to pay tithe should be arrested n charged for extortion', Lol. But it should be noted that the church can't be run like any other institution. Christ is the head of the church, the leaders are His delegated authority n thereby accountable to Him.

9 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by truthman2012(m): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
@ OP

You said things that impress me this time except the charging and arresting. I am of the opinion that judgment should be left to God.

Most of the pastors who claim they have the call of God say so to establish a church as a source of livelihood. While it is not bad to live on the church, it should not be the objective.

I have been a pastor in one if not the most popular church in Nigeria, where your financial status is the reflection of your anointing. The more anointed you are the richer you are expected to be. The overall head of that church does not help matters as every minister looks up to him. God have mercy.

In a situation where a pastor wants to be rich and known, the hunger for money will not allow him to notice the suffering talkless of taking care of them.

14 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ilaugh1: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
stay there starting rubbish thread. You havent said anything worthwhile, and then you will call yourself a Christian.

3 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
truthman2012: @ OP

I have been a pastor in one if not the most popular church in Nigeria, where your financial status is the reflection of your anointing. The more anointed you are the richer you are expected to be.

Oyedepo's Ministry of Private Jets?

5 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
Truth be told I don't give tithe or offerings, I prefer to give my money to people that need it. undecided

40 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by zibi2(m): 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2013

35 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by 1shortblackboy: 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
things are not as straight as that. some Church members can be lazy wetin u want pastor to do

4 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ooshinibos: 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel: Any Pastor who lives in luxury and opulence while his church members are broke and struggling to make two ends meet, is in great danger of damnation.

A Pastor who flies in a private Jet worth millions , while a church mother cannot afford to feed her kids has lost the plot and might be a charlatan.

Any Pastor who lives in a mansion worth millions , while a father in the church cannot pay his house rent and bills has to be a charlatan.

Any Pastor who calls poverty a disease instead of an opportunity to do charity is a crook.

Any Pastor who preaches on Money more than any other subject is definitely a crook.

Any Pastor who abuses , bullies and intimates his broke members because they cannot pay tithes should be arrested and charged with extortion.

Any pastor who keeps the books to himself and team , despite the money belonging to the church members, should be asked to show transparency in all matters of finance , if he refuses, he should be investigated for fraud.

Any Pastor who asks you to hope for Money instead of working for Money is a rogue.

Any Pastor who is close friends to politicians and dubious business men is a compromiser and Demas.

Be warned !!

IT IS SCRIPTURAL FOR A CHRISTIAN OR PASTOR TO BE RICH , PEOPLE DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT RICH IMAMS AND MUSLIM when a christian is rich the devil panicks , I PRAY THAT ALL MY PASTORS BE ABUNDANTLY RICH MORE THEN THEIR ENEMIES

16 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by asudan: 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel: Any Pastor who lives in luxury and opulence while his church members are broke and struggling to make two ends meet, is in great danger of damnation.

Be warned !!
Shame on you for typing this trash. dem force member to pay tithe and offering or dem point gun for their head.

8 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by lacosteIII(m): 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
hmmmmmn
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by stagger: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2013

Be warned !!

Which of such pastors have you told this face to face? If you were so concerned about their salvation and their Book of Life status, why not talk to them one on one instead of coming to Nairaland to score cheap popularity points? With your long verbiage, who have you helped? I even doubt you are a Christian when you claim to be one, else you would know what the bible said about what to do when a brother is in the wrong.

18 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by MostHigh: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
1 shortblackboy: things are not as straight as that. some Church members can be lazy wetin u want pastor to do

He should desist from collecting thier cash money.

God has no bank account smiley

He should be tithing foodstuffs and clothing instead, and then he and his household should share these produce out to the poor

Abi?

smiley

4 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Haywhymido(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
wise guy. Who take care of jesus disciples? Isn't it jesus dat wash d leg of peter? Why can't nowadays pastors preach n do dat? Are dey bigga n powerful dan jesus?

6 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Haywhymido(m): 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
wise up guy it nt to late. Who take care of jesus disciples? Isn't it jesus dat wash d leg of peter? Why can't nowadays pastors preach n do dat? Are dey bigga n powerful dan jesus?u dey pay tithe y u c pipo wey hungry won kil 4 ur syd smh.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by MostHigh: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
asudan:
Shame on you for typing this trash. dem force member to pay tithe and offering or dem point gun for their head.

Shame on you for traking pride in Z0mb1ehood smiley

14 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
They will tell you that their "father" in heaven is not a poor God, so they His "children" should be expected to be living testimonies of His abundance. This begs the question. You can't help but wonder whether the poor members of the church (who are in the majority anyway) were "fathered" by a different God. Could these poor and hapless churchgoers be illegitimate children whose divine paternity originates from the opposite end of heaven?

Look, I am tired of talking about these charlatans. They should enjoy the proceeds of their fraudulence for as long as their devotees remain brainwashed and silly. After all, if mugu no fall, guyman no go chop.

19 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
God bless u for this ur thread, tired of celebrity,JEG,AMAECHI,TONTO ,AFRO CANDY,BBA ETC

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by MostHigh: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
ooshinibos:

IT IS SCRIPTURAL FOR A CHRISTIAN OR PASTOR TO BE RICH , PEOPLE DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT RICH IMAMS AND MUSLIM when a christian is rich the devil panicks , I PRAY THAT ALL MY PASTORS BE ABUNDANTLY RICH MORE THEN THEIR ENEMIES

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.

You don forget that one abi

Carnality and spirituality dont mix

you cannot serve God and mammon at the same time smiley

11 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by MostHigh: 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
spongeback: Truth be told I don't give tithe or offerings, I prefer to give my money to people that need it. undecided

like the master has advised in secret

All those doing public offerings you have been warned smiley

You have recieved your reward already.

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
They were unable to distinguish Jesus from his followers- showing equality in appearance.

6 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by MostHigh: 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
zonaking: They were unable to distinguish Jesus from his follows- appearing equal in appearance.

On the same level abi?

smiley

Correct man

2 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by alphaconde(m): 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
What surprises me is that a successful pastor would come before church members and boast of his testimony recalling his days of sufferring relating the current difference to hardwork and God s blessing, forgetting that his life had always depended on the hardwork of ordinary church members. This always sounds disgusting to me.

One question I always ask my self, should incase we all decide to stop going to a particular church, who claims the wealth of the church?
Ans pastor and his family.

I advice u ask ur pastor to work woRk and work cus u all r working.

10 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by yuzedo: 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
[size=18pt]LETS NAME NAMES!! grin angry angry[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by MAYOWAAK: 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
"Nigerian pastors are hypocrites. They give pple holy water 4 treatment of cancer yet seek orthodox medical care for their wives and wards abroad. Look at church posters and wives of pastors, they are beauties to behold, no cleft palate, but sister spinster is there nearing menopause because pastors' sons have be warned to choose 'carefully'. Pastors' sons will marry with limosine, members sons will marry with okada. Pastors' mission house with light and state of the art equipments, members house with atupa. Pastors will collect tithe from cleaners earning 5k per month, use it to build universities with 850k per session.
The list of the deeds of these wayo pastors na endless.
No difference btw them and politicians"

Do not be magalized again

24 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by gerrardomendes(m): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
who shall bring a charge against God's elect? God shall judge. go and find out wot happened to miriam wen she spoke against moses. Aaron was wise enough to keep quiet. Moses was wrong but the annointing on him fought miriam. Even when saul was wrong, David even in his capacity couldnt judge him.(numbers 12: 1-10,2Sam. 1:1-14).

....and why does everything about pastors make frontpage?. God can still smote pple wit leprosy.

8 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Pretyangel25(f): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
So is now pastor's duty to take care of his members? Ok na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Emmanuel Eni,occult Grand Master Now In Christ Etc Confessions Are They True Or False? / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.