Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested (24243 Views)

RiversRerun: Thugs Injure A Policewoman In Tai LGA(pics) / EFCC Swoops On Diezani’s Residence In Abuja As Ex-minister Is Arrested In London / Nigeria’ll Disintegrate If Uwazuruike Is Arrested – MASSOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by dont8(m): 2:01am On Aug 22, 2013

The Lagos State Police Command on Wednesday said it had arrested a policewoman caught in a video footage demanding a bribe of N100 from a commercial bus driver.

Public Relations Officer of the command, Ngozi Braide, told our correspondent on the telephone that the arrest followed a probe of the video which has been circulating on the social media.

“We have arrested her and she is presently in custody. She will be made to undergo an orderly room trial and the outcome will be made public,’’ Braide said.

When asked to provide the name and the station the female cop was attached, Braide said she could not immediately provide the details and told our correspondent to call back.

Subsequent calls placed to her phone were not answered. A text message sent to her phone on the matter was also not replied.

In the last 24 hours, the one-minute 25 seconds video, which first appeared on YouTube, has attracted double the amount of views, moving from 23,000 to over 46, 000 as at the time of this report.

In the footage, the policewoman was heard insisting on collecting the N100 bribe from a driver who she apprehended for violating a traffic rule at a yet-to-be identified location in Lagos.

The driver who had passengers in the bus was heard appealing to her that he should be allowed to proceed on his journey. But the driver’s pleas fell on deaf ears as the policewoman insisted on collecting the bribe.

The policewoman was heard saying, “E no concern me. Pay me my own money.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/n100-bribe-policewoman-caught-in-video-arrested/

4 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Osama10(m): 2:19am On Aug 22, 2013
NPF corruption revolution. grin
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by YoshiMaster: 2:51am On Aug 22, 2013
Osama10: NPF corruption revolution. grin

You got that right!

All of us that have been clamoring for revolution should do our parts no matter how little. Look how much simpler it is to have a hidden camera in your car to expose these people, than it is to have a violent revolution.

I already have my spy pen, nairalanders do you have yours?

25 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Ayomel(m): 2:56am On Aug 22, 2013
NPF...... believe bribe is their right..... am so happy for what is going on.... lets keep exposing them corrupt people maybe it will help a little.
the next time i will be 9ja...... surely i will bring good video recorder for our bribe takers and givers.
God bless FRN.

2 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Nkanuzu: 4:53am On Aug 22, 2013
Good developement in Nigeria, thanks to advance tech! Since our journalists have failed us in exposing corrupt officials, the youths have taken it upon themselves. Shame to all Nigerian journalists who have abandoned the tenets of their profession in pursuit of partisan politics! My advice is that this sting operation revolution should go beyond police officers and extend to all public officials. Secondly, people should be smart and discrete in recording law enforcement agents because if u are caught your offence may be "doubled" or u may be attacked! Nigerian youths, good people good patriots!

52 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 22, 2013
Na so we go dey photo them and dem go dey lose their jobs one by one.

When people started reporting them by their names, they started wearing sweaters to cover their name tags.

Now camera is catching their faces, let us see if they will start to wear lagbaja mask. Useless, corrupt crooks in uniforms. angry

59 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 22, 2013
This is how we will collect our country back from every bastard that has usurped it.

Fvcking police officers. They think in this day and age of advancement, they can continue to act like animals and get away? Rubbish and nonsense. They act shamelessly and without caution just because they think nobody can do anything about it. Well, business has changed. We will take our shyt back by force.

3 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by igbsam(m): 6:12am On Aug 22, 2013
Incase it made fp. I will be back to comment
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by lamex20(m): 6:18am On Aug 22, 2013
lwkmd.. I wonder what condition d policewoman go dey naah! hypertic thinz ooo
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by dont8(m): 6:18am On Aug 22, 2013
Thanks to technology, with a spy-camera pen, no one will know they are being filmed. This is really good, hope
we can extend same to our other public workers that are always asking for bribe before they can sign simple papers
being presented to them.
Nkanuzu: Good developement in Nigeria, thanks to advance tech! Since our journalists have failed us in exposing corrupt officials, the youths have taken it upon themselves. Shame to all Nigerian journalists who have abandoned the tenets of their profession in pursuit of partisan politics! My advice is that this sting operation revolution should go beyond police officers and extend to all public officials. Secondly, people should be smart and discrete in recording law enforcement agents because if u are caught your offence may be "doubled" or u may be attacked! Nigerian youths, good people good patriots!

Yes, we shall surely take our destiny into our own hands, God will not come down to do it for us.
pDude: This is how we will collect our country back from every bastard that has usurped it.

Fvcking police officers. They think in this day and age of advancement, they can continue to act like animals and get away? Rubbish and nonsense. They act shamelessly and without caution just because they think nobody can do anything about it. Well, business has changed. We will take our shyt back by force.

3 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 22, 2013
power of the media,shame on her.there was a day i saw a policeman urinating publicly facing the passers-by in Lagos island,i was surprised,i wasnt with my phone.

4 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by raytony: 6:50am On Aug 22, 2013
Wetin dey pain me be say 100 naira na small money. Anyway, my people talk say na small shit dey spoil yansh.
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by dont8(m): 6:53am On Aug 22, 2013
He was lucky then, to the NPF, beware of candid cameras and do the right thing. This people are paid
with tax payer's money for christ sake.
Yomieluv: power of the media,shame on her.there was a day i saw a policeman urinating publicly facing the passers-by in Lagos island,i was surprised,i wasnt with my phone.
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by fdigital(m): 6:58am On Aug 22, 2013
Am begining to like this current developments, thus the media really got powers.

2 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Danhumprey: 7:08am On Aug 22, 2013
Last I heard,it was a policeman that was caught collecting bribe. Now,it's a policewoman. A woman I can't believe. I used to think that women are not bribe-crazy as men,but this incidence has changed my view. I can only imagine the kind torture they would be torturing her. And trust the men,they won't spare her bosoms. grin

Oya,let me go and get my own spy camera! Alot of people need to be exposed! angry

5 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 22, 2013
thank God, I was thinking nothing will be done!
Police will start beating people holding anything that looks like a pen this days grin but they are wrong grin we have camera pen, writch watch, shirt button, etc. Please can somebody give me link to order those gadgets? Nigerians, go after them

4 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by RichDad1(m): 7:32am On Aug 22, 2013
I just don't believe this Ngozi Braide of a woman. Why can't she disclose the name and station of this corrupt police? I can smell some cover up here.
It's good now that everyone is turning to Otedollar this days. NPF una own don finish.

Abeg, where is dat my camera pen? Sting operation on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Amanwulu1(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2013
let us go wit dis spirit into our tertiary institutions so dat we can help create job for d youths cos many greedy and morally poor lecturers would b caught.

6 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by holyvirgin: 7:55am On Aug 22, 2013
The Police is your friend grin
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 22, 2013
raytony: Wetin dey pain me be say 100 naira na small money. Anyway, my people talk say na small shit dey spoil yansh.

My brother its a painful story. 100 naira is not even up to a dollar. And this woman will lose her job because she attempted to request a bribe of a little 100 naira.
Its funny and sad.

4 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Rexphobia(m): 8:29am On Aug 22, 2013
I like video evidence but what has happened to Otedola and co, and rivers state house

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Tayeni(m): 8:32am On Aug 22, 2013
;Dpolice the police. So, its now degenerated to this level...where citizens r d ones policing d police.

3 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by gerald09(m): 9:17am On Aug 22, 2013
Dis shuldnt only be restricted to the police every govt officials from d ground up shuld be exposed places like NYSC, Civil defence, universities/lecturers etc. We the youth must show these old f*ers dat we OWN!
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by gerald09(m): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2013
gerald09: Dis shuldnt only be restricted to the police every govt officials from d ground up shuld be exposed places like NYSC, Civil defence, universities/lecturers etc. We the youth must show these old f*ers dat we OWN!
Time to create a website called watchdog.com/ng. To expose corruption, bad customer service, greed n poor govt services.

12 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by edwonderz(m): 9:39am On Aug 22, 2013
This is an awesome music video produced to entertain, motivate and thrill your mind, it's full of stunts.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSDCrAVvLM&g­
uid&client=mv-rim&gl=GB&hl=en-GB
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by fingard02k(m): 9:39am On Aug 22, 2013
yawa don gas be that..
that serves her better..i need to record those criminals police at udoka 1st gate
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by kennyonthrone(m): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2013
"E no concern me pay me my own money"lol she really got served dia.......poor policewoman dose few words is likely gonna cost u a whole lot.

Ehe!bin a while i saw nairaland version of policeWoman re u folks tinkin of wat am tinkin hmmmm lets watch nd c

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by Lordave: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2013
The person wey video that thing try o

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by iamswizz(m): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2013
And yet Farouk Lawan is walking free.

12 Likes

Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by lexicography(m): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2013
Embarrassing tin imagine
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by kingarizona(m): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2013
This nairaland POLICE WOMAN to dey Beg!!!angryangryangry
TUFIAKWA undecidedundecidedundecided!!!
Where she even dey sef?!!!!
I don't blame her sha........
After all na where man dey work na e man dey chop gringringrin
Re: Policewoman Demanding N100 In Video Is Arrested by mrborntodoit: 9:41am On Aug 22, 2013
One down and thousands to follow
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities / Rivers Women Excited To See Osinbajo As He Visits State (Photos) / Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.