Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites (74705 Views)

Traditionalists Demand Public Holidays, Board, Political Appointments / Pastor Ajanaku Ressurects & Relapses In To Coma / Pastor Ajanaku Is Dead (Christ-Revival Church Pastor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Sttimmy1(m): 7:39am On Aug 23, 2013
Chai.....God knows his people,everythng is open to him,he knows d truth sha
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Blackgold09(f): 7:41am On Aug 23, 2013
hohafrank:
God have mercy.
O Blood Of God
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Samotology(m): 7:44am On Aug 23, 2013
Christianity is an individual raise, let everybody run his or her raise and leave God to judge d wicked and d hypocrite in his church

samotology
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by texaco1: 7:46am On Aug 23, 2013
shocked
Blackgold09: O Blood Of God
shocked
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by adwem2003(m): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2013
delors:
Nope! we are just kinda amused...The guy nor even get swag self. Oro? When eyo dey there cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

lolz....u r sick grin
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by me1234: 7:50am On Aug 23, 2013
Idahosa was not an ogboni man o.for the records.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by raeez(m): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2013
Ishilove: I'm sure there's an explanation. The Oro cult greatly admired his exploits as a Man of God and felt that the only way to honour a son of the soil was to perform rituals and chant his name all night long. tongue
I laff in spanish I know if dis same thing had happened to some1 frm anoda religion or a politician u wouldn't have thought like dis
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by me1234: 7:55am On Aug 23, 2013
doctorbabs: are u people suprise with this news, he is not d first or the last. The pioneer of Church business Arch. Benson idahosa, when he dies too; the ogboni fraternity came around to performed their burial rite on him which cause chaos in benin then but due to gullibility of our people, have eyes but they can see. Church in my country is pure business. O lord lead my people to d right path.
Lies, why do you feed people with lies from the pit of hell? May God have mercy on you.Idahosa was not an ogboni man for the records.

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Kakatazz(f): 7:57am On Aug 23, 2013
shymexx: Bwahahahahahahaha

Most naija pastors are closet traditionalists just as most roman catholic priests are closet homos.

And most arab muslims love sha.gging camels.

Nothing shocks me anymore. It's a crazy world of gullible people. undecided
You are such an IGNOBLE being.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Bright2(m): 8:00am On Aug 23, 2013
Ajanaku the native man of god is gone for real,may his soul rest in ........
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by texaco1: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2013
Bright2: Ajanaku the native man of god is gone for real,may his soul rest in ........
Rest in where?why didn't you complete your sentence
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Korad26: 8:14am On Aug 23, 2013
Only God no d 2ru worshiper
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by BoboT360: 8:15am On Aug 23, 2013
Pastor indeed! God will expose others that they are calling themselves man of God.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Baron75: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2013
pastor prosper :
if thus is another lie to discredit a true man of God then may your days on earth forever be desolate, if its true that d man was a cultist parading as a pastor, may death, curses, HIV cancer, AIDS, be his and his familys forever.
Why are you saying this, cursing everybody? U must be a very wicked person. I'm sure you will be a lanky person by stature, dat's hw wicked people look. What if his family does not knw what he was doing and you are cursing them. What of you? Are you blameless? Why do you people play God on earth. You don't want to leave judgement for God.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by montezz(f): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2013
Incredible...and u expct me 2b goin 2 church.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by feel666: 8:34am On Aug 23, 2013
The web site seems a lttle bit unusual once i use my portable internet browser on my small blackberry mobile phones. You want to make sure that you should.zopo C2
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Lunar2010: 8:35am On Aug 23, 2013
me1234:
Lies, why do you feed people with lies from the pit of hell? May God have mercy on you.Idahosa was not an ogboni man for the records.

Idahosa was never Ogboni... those saying so are uninformed and mischievous. And... there was no ogboni procession 4 his burial! I was in Benin.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by paparazzi1987(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2013
pastor prosper :
if thus is another lie to discredit a true man of God then may your days on earth forever be desolate, if its true that d man was a cultist parading as a pastor, may death, curses, HIV cancer, AIDS, be his and his familys forever.
You are very senseless..y cursing his family ?

2 Likes

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Akainzo(m): 9:13am On Aug 23, 2013
hotwax: is this typical of Nigerian graduates? They argue on what they don't know. Oro is ritual/rite. It can be performed by any cult group or the town. Muslim and xtian say prayers. Prayer is not a cult group. Why do we have so many graduates as ignoramus in Nigeria. No wonder why this country still remains.

Looking at your wrting style, I can deduce that you have either never done a scholarly research and thus have no idea how put out a report and thus you do not know what a "Paragraph" is, what "Making a list", and how to logically put out an reasoned thought. You are a failed graduate if you were a graduate at all.

If you had gone through any high grade institution, you would have been taught that difference of opinions abound on all subjects within the intellectual circles. You my friend, probably passed through school but you missed the entire essence of education.

hotwax: I am educating you in what I once did before. You are still arguing. Must you keep arguing when you are convinced?

Convinced that you took part in an Oro ritual, how do you intend to convince me? The issue is not that there is an Oro ritual, the issue is whether Oro is a Cult! Learn the difference and then come back.

hotwax: Oro is performed for the following reasons, by the following people: 1. Ifa/alawo cults to usher away the spirit of a dead member. Or to seek for more powers from their diety

How many Ifa/Alawo practitioners in Yoruba land do you know that are not members of the Oro cult?

hotwax: 2. At war, the town performs it to summon the ancestors to come and fight.
You are indeed just a story teller, Oro has nothing to do with war, are you confusing Sango and Ogun with Oro. Ikorodu town has not been at war in decades yet the Oro is performed every 2 years. Are you inventing war for the town?

hotwax: 3. Routine annual prayer for protection.
Nonsense!

hotwax: 4. Town can use it to honor a dead hero. If you were in Ife during Ife-modakeke war, this was common in ile-ife. Any group of people can perform oro. Sango people performs oro before starting sango festival.
So in Ile-Ife Oro was being performed on a monthly basis or what? or Ile-Ife the only Yorubaland? So in essence, you took your knowledge from the activities that happened during a period.
And to educate you, that Ife-Modakeke fracas was not a war, go and read about the actual Ife-Modakeke war and the division it caused in Yorubaland.

hotwax: You don't know anytin, but to accept is your problem.
Might it be that it is YOU, that knows nothing of what he is talking about?

hotwax: I'm not saying ajanaku is not a cult member. I am only correcting your stupidity that oro is not a cult. Oro is a ritual. And stop disgacingNigerian graduates. Sango has performers, its a family heritage. Esu diety has custodian, its a family heriyage. Egungun has custodian, its also a family tin. Oro has custodian or performer, its a family heritage tin. We call them omo ile oloro. See I don't argue rigidly. Let me come to your side. You can say his cult group performed oro rituals for him. Mostly if not all yoruba cult groups performs oro. Hope you understand.

So now you are saying ALMOST ALL Yoruba cult groups perform Oro, Hmmmm, the biggest hogwash of Yoruba culture.
To correct you, the family heritage for Oro, is like being a Priest or custodian for a cult, like an Ifa worshiper passes it down his lineage.

You are the one that is a disgrace to graduates with your inability to write simple comprehensible post, not knowing the proper way of writing Nouns and lacking the general depth of reasoning. Another pointer to your lack of scholarly ability is your thinking that anyone that has an opposing view to you must be a dunce, read and know the differences of opinion amongst the intellectuals of many common stuff. You need to go and learn!

2 Likes

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by nairaner(m): 9:23am On Aug 23, 2013
Akainzo:

Looking at your wrting style, I can deduce that you have either never done a scholarly research and thus have no idea how put out a report and thus you do not know what a "Paragraph" is, what "Making a list", and how to logically put out an reasoned thought. You are a failed graduate if you were a graduate at all.

If you had gone through any high grade institution, you would have been taught that difference of opinions abound on all subjects within the intellectual circles. You my friend, probably passed through school but you missed the entire essence of education.

Convinced that you took part in an Oro ritual, how do you intend to convince me? The issue is not that there is an Oro ritual, the issue is whether Oro is a Cult! Learn the difference and then come back.

How many Ifa/Alawo practitioners in Yoruba land do you know that are not members of the Oro cult?

You are indeed just a story teller, Oro has nothing to do with war, are you confusing Sango and Ogun with Oro. Ikorodu town has not been at war in decades yet the Oro is performed every 2 years. Are you inventing war for the town?

Nonsense!

So in Ile-Ife Oro was being performed on a monthly basis or what? or Ile-Ife the only Yorubaland? So in essence, you took your knowledge from the activities that happened during a period.
And to educate you, that Ife-Modakeke fracas was not a war, go and read about the actual Ife-Modakeke war and the division it caused in Yorubaland.

So now you are saying ALMOST ALL Yoruba cult groups perform Oro, Hmmmm, the biggest hogwash of Yoruba culture.
To correct you, the family heritage for Oro, is like being a Priest or custodian for a cult, like an Ifa worshiper passes it down his lineage.

You are the one that is a disgrace to graduates with your inability to write simple comprehensible post, not knowing the proper way of writing Nouns and lacking the general depth of reasoning. Another pointer to your lack of scholarly ability is your thinking that anyone that has an opposing view to you must be a dunce, read and know the differences of opinion amongst the intellectuals of many common stuff. You need to go and learn!

HMNNNN!!!!! Fire for fire grin
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2013
Akainzo:

Sir were, I used my phone. Phones dont have luxury of paragraphing or text auto-correcting. You wont know that cuz you are a stack illiterate.

I thought I was helping you. Educating you on what you dont know. AGama lizard, always nodding your head even if you are wrong. You mention intellectual circles. Please dont insult them. You are a taboo to them.

The issue is, Oro is rite/ritual performed by many cult, yoruba groups, traditional council. Thats the fact. I know it hurts when someone is corrected in the public. But summon courage and accept the fact. Its embarrasing actually.
There is no prayer cult in Church. Prayer is a ceremony or an event. Even a primary school boy knows this.

I told you omo ale that oro is being performed by balawo too. Cant you read and understand? Your case is pathetic. Your lecturer is nurturing lunatic patient. I feel sorry for him.

I thought I mention Oro rituals is done for many reasons. Annual prayer for the town, protection during war, protection for the town during epidemics. Please read yoruba history and stop arguing. Oro is not meant for war only. Must you argue ?

Nonsense!

You are very sick. Who is this guy? You just keep disgracing yourself. Ogun Ife-Modekake has been on since 1956. Please go to core yoruba states and know the importance of oro. and stop basing it on Ikorodu Lagos where Yoruba culture has been erazed. I know thats where you are confused. Oro is an annual thing in Ile-Ife for Ife protection. It is my town. I lived there for 20 years. Dont f**cking argue with me on that. A hardened nonentity.

Guy I need to know you personally. You are saying the samething I am saying. Whats your argument here? Just wanna argue argue argue. You even argue against yourself.

F***cking trash. Tell that to your dad who wasted his hard earn money to send to school. And please stop insulting intellect. You keep mentioning "Intellect". Abegiii

Bring it on. I am here for you today. I wont let you confuse outsiders or my fellow Yorubas.

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by texaco1: 9:37am On Aug 23, 2013
naira-ner:

HMNNNN!!!!! Fire for fire grin
grin abeg leave those two oro cultists to dem problem ooo

3 Likes

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by tomzman: 9:47am On Aug 23, 2013
Wonders shall never end. Anyway, the Lord knows those who are his!
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by pheesayor(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2013
For me, this is the most painful part because I listen to TOpe Alabi everyday, currently listening to "Eru Ogo" from the Agbelebu album.
"Olorun Elijah to ko ma ja mi ku le ri (God of Elijah that has never disappointment me)"
4tunebest: Why am I not surprised? And Tope Alabi is always eulogising the 'god of Ajanaku' in her songs. Smh
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by texaco1: 9:55am On Aug 23, 2013
When the magic portion wey he give tope finish ,we go see wettin tope go sing
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by pheesayor(m): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2013
I-pledge:
this may not be through becauase,most of the oro priest used to say AJANAKU LO,AJANAKU SUN BI OKE,it may not be him,they may be refering to 1 of them that died...AJANAKU LO ALSO MEAN A GREAT MAN HAS GONE..pls note what you say

Now this makes so much sense because Ajanaku means "elephant" usually used to describe strong men and warriors.
I believe there's more to this, before then I'll simply continue enjoying spirit-lifting Tope Alabi tracks. Only God knows those things aren't open to man
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by whytnblack: 10:05am On Aug 23, 2013
viktuur: Dont you THINK the ORO guys might actually be rejoicing that he is gone,maybe he was hindering and terrorising them while alive,they maybe trying to banish his spirit from coming alive o000

Might be true tho.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Xeedorf: 10:09am On Aug 23, 2013
God will forgive us all wherever we may have erred but what is known is that The Oro worshippers may not be refering to the Pastor, in Yoruba, Ajanaku is used to depict the exit to the great beyond of someone of great personality, importance and recognition in the society. This could be coincidental as the Pastor‘s name is Ajanaku. It is just part of a dirge-
Ajanaku lo
Odi gbere,
Odi arin na ko,
Odi oju ala
Erin subu
Ko le di de.
When it is stated this way the name of the person is not mentioned but use “Ajanaku“ just as “Erin“(Elephant) is used in the dirge
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by menshowng(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2013
Pastor wey de bleach mhen end time don show !!!!!!!!u can imagine ORO cult mmmmm wetin u wan tell baba God na?
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Opengates(m): 10:16am On Aug 23, 2013
pastor prosper :

Habah! Pastor Prosper! It shouldn't have come to that you know? Jesus wouldn't do that no matter how bad. We are not judge, I know it sounds disgusting but ONLY GOD SEE THINGS REALLY AS THEY ARE!!!

Pls, my bro, may God help you. Ok?
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by nokingasgod: 10:18am On Aug 23, 2013
pastor prosper :

See this one playing another god! grin

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by AmeLonRo(m): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2013
Hello,
The ORO guys are humans too and should be asked if he was their member when alive.
But the man is gone and cant say yea or nay!
Period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why We Shut Down Synagogue Church - T.B Joshua's Widow Evelyn (Pics) / Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription / 5 Dangerous Signs Your Pastor Is A Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.