Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun (17816 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) / Governor Amosun Of Ogun Stoned By TASUED Students As He Ran For Cover [PIC] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ninilowo: ONLY IN ABEOKUTA. ARRANT NONSENSE! Abeokuta is not the only town in Ogun State for crying out sake. This clown had visited Ota more than all governors that had govern the state put together yet nothing to show for the visits aside the Ota-toll gate road that is still progressing at the speed of a snail.
There are other parts of the state that need urgent attention aside ota which is a gateway town to Lagos and Benin Republic.
So ur excellency you can fool some pple sometimes buh u cannot fool all people all the time.OGUN STATE IS NOT ABOUT ABEOKUTA ALONE. Kajiko?

But I saw a lot of work going on in ijebu ode d last time I was in Ogun.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by banky222: 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
SLIDiE: Tip of the ice berg!!

That guy is a beast when it comes to performance!

Lest i forgot:

Firstus te commentos!!

wink wink
are u still into this first to comment things?
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by simpleseyi: 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
I beg, I am going back home, I mean to where my father's father came from; that is Iberekodo in Abeokuta North LGA of Ogun State. My state has been liberated from the shackles of PDP and since Fashola has declared war against the poor either Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo; it is high time I go and ask for our family compound's name and plan towards going back home.

UP AMOSUN!!! Abeokuta here I come.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by drmikeadams(m): 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
every body hailing amosun..pls ask any oou student his or her opinion concerning amosun...where students were forced 2 become drop outs..mttchhw
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by OrigamiIII: 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
simpleseyi: I beg, I am going back home, I mean to where my father's father came from; that is Iberekodo in Abeokuta North LGA of Ogun State. My state has been liberated from the shackles of PDP and since Fashola has declared war against the poor either Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo; it is high time I go and ask for our family compound's name and plan towards going back home.

UP AMOSUN!!! Abeokuta here I come.

Pls don't go,we love and need you in lagos.Your corronation as one of the Babaloja's of lagos is fast approaching.Pls don't go.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by RedReact: 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
dr_mike_adams: every body hailing amosun..pls ask any oou student his or her opinion concerning amosun...where students were forced 2 become drop outs..mttchhw
OOU issue is another case on its own. The school's challenge is the people working in that institution. The new VC was brought in to salvage the situation and restore back the lost glory, but the shenanigans, working as members of staff, are still stuck in their primitive mindset of non-commitment to government work. Mind you, this applies to both the academic and not-academic officers there. Large chunk of the work force of OOU need surgical works on their thinking.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by coogar: 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Oya, what's the capital of Ogun state? Pls don't say Ogbomoso grin

abeokuta - i have been to olumo rock. i have attended the ojuode oba stuff in ijebu with the kukus. like i have said, i would sell you in ogun state.

Origami III:
Yours or you rented it?Are your from ogun state?Is there any airport even airstrip in ogun state?

my house! what is rented? am i too young to own a house or what are you driving at?
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by nijanigga: 11:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
Foolishness, where are the roads? Ask El-rufa'i about his Abuja metro cabs?
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by simpleseyi: 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
Origami III:

Pls don't go,we love and need you in lagos.Your corronation as one of the Babaloja's of lagos is fast approaching.Pls don't go.

SO, na you dem send! God no go gree you. I don't have millions is my account and Fashola is deporting, harassing and humiliating all non-miilionaires. Didn't you hear that he deported some people to Onitsha, Katsina, Osun, Oyo. Make I wait make he come deport me? Fashola is chasing market men and women, he is chasing okada riders, he is chasing keke napep riders,even if you get small motor, LASTMA will not let you enjoy your driving, even students; Fashola is chasing them by increasing LASU schools fees to 345,000 when he had free education from primary to university during his school days. Make I kuku leave Lagos for Fashola. My state is progressing, make I go add and take my own quota.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
Well, I hope they are affordable, unlike the metro cab nonsense in Lagos. What's the point of introducing "air conditioned" cabs that would charge N2,500 for a 1 kilometre distance like the Lagos metro cabs do. If you intend to make these cabs a sustainable replacement for okadas and keke napep, then they must be easily affordable to the ordinary masses.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Ninilowo(m): 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
django1:

But I saw a lot of work going on in ijebu ode d last time I was in Ogun.
buh not as much as what he is doing in Abeokuta I think.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by babsomotde(m): 12:08am On Aug 23, 2013
Nice one. More money is likely to go missing. I only pray that they will be able to account for everything they did in office after their tenure. God help Nigeria.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Abrantie: 12:19am On Aug 23, 2013
Shouldn't this kind of thing be left to the free market? Government running a taxi cab service?

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Livebetalife(f): 12:21am On Aug 23, 2013
Take care of your mindset for the better, build your inner strength Read 15 powerful quotes on positive Thinking
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by OrigamiIII: 12:23am On Aug 23, 2013
simpleseyi:

SO, na you dem send! God no go gree you. I don't have millions is my account and Fashola is deporting, harassing and humiliating all non-miilionaires. Didn't you hear that he deported some people to Onitsha, Katsina, Osun, Oyo. Make I wait make he come deport me? Fashola is chasing market men and women, he is chasing okada riders, he is chasing keke napep riders,even if you get small motor, LASTMA will not let you enjoy your driving, even students; Fashola is chasing them by increasing LASU schools fees to 345,000 when he had free education from primary to university during his school days. Make I kuku leave Lagos for Fashola. My state is progressing, make I go add and take my own quota.

This is very touching,revealing and very pathetic.Are you very sure Fashola did all that?I'll give him a call right away,just hold on a minute.Your case must be treated don't leave yet till you hear from me.
If he is chasing all these people you listed who then would be left in lagos?
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by victorv12(m): 12:51am On Aug 23, 2013
These our leaders can be very funny, and some Nigerians too aswell. Imagine, for a serving governor to be launching cabs, someone said it's a tip of the iceberg. In a civilized country, a governor should be able to launch metro trains or trams for his people.

Another person said he had a dream that keke napep will be faded out one day. I never grew up to find Keke Napep in my neighborhood at New Bodija until I got back from school one day, which I saw them crisscrossing everywhere in the hood.

The people that initiated the idea of keke napep and okada as means of transportation in Nigeria are disgrace to their families and our beloved country. They have nothing upstairs! Those praising the governor should better think twice. When we were under the colonial masters, there were trams crisscrossing lagos. At ebute ero street, Marina and Old Carter bridge...Some of the lines are still there till date.

Atimes I keep wondering, have Nigerians suffered to the state that they don't even have standard no more to the extent that they see necessity as luxury? Are these leaders not meant to give us their best and use it to compete among themselves! It's unfortunate governors in our country has reduced themselves to the state of launching keke napeps, okadas and cabs! Is industrialization of the state not better than launching of cabs all the time? It's so unfortunate!

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by tellwisdom: 12:57am On Aug 23, 2013
Are these things not toys? Are they real??
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by agbameta: 1:35am On Aug 23, 2013
victorv12: These our leaders can be very funny, and some Nigerians too aswell. Imagine, for a serving governor to be launching a cab, someone said it's a tip of the iceberg. In a civilized country, a governor should be able to launch a metro train or tram for his people.

The poster was right, this is just a tip of the iceberg because the same governor is working on the same metro rail you are ranting about...

Amosun signs MOU with Chinese company on Ogun rail project

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/128930-amosun-signs-mou-with-chinese-company-on-ogun-rail-project.html

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Xfactoria: 1:43am On Aug 23, 2013
Mass transit scheme with salon cars that can only transport 5 people?

Anyway, this is a white elephant project and already gullible folks have joined APC apologists to celebrate this nonsense! Transit scheme should never be the priority project in our Ogun State when we still have communities without light and water, when we cannot help our farmers practice mechanized farming, when quality education and healthcare are still out of reach of many.

God punish all the folks celebrating this waste!!!

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by domdan13(m): 2:00am On Aug 23, 2013
UPGRADE YOUR PDPROXY TO PREMIUM, 1500 FOR ONE MONTH, AND 3000 FOR THREE MONTHS, AND GET UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS...CALL 08036560732 or snd a mail to threeqone@gmail.com..now
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 23, 2013
And this is news? lol...Nawa for Naija embarassed
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 2:28am On Aug 23, 2013
How would this cabs ride on the non motorable roads in ifo local government. undecided
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by agbameta: 3:16am On Aug 23, 2013
X-factoria:
Mass transit scheme with salon cars that can only transport 5 people?

Anyway, this is a white elephant project and already gullible folks have joined APC apologists to celebrate this nonsense! Transit scheme should never be the priority project in our Ogun State when we still have communities without light and water, when we cannot help our farmers practice mechanized farming, when quality education and healthcare are still out of reach of many.

God punish all the folks celebrating this waste!!!

5 x 150 = 750 x several times everyday. That's thousands of people everyday, that's thousands of cars off the road and eliminating congestion and pollution.

Shallow minds like yours see little things because you think little, broaden your horizon and aim for the bigger picture..

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Xfactoria: 4:03am On Aug 23, 2013
agbameta:

5 x 150 = 750 x several times everyday. That's thousands of people everyday, that's thousands of cars off the road and eliminating congestion and pollution.

Shallow minds like yours see little things because you think little, broaden your horizon and aim for the bigger picture..

How about 1,000 okadas x 2 = 2,000 x several times everyday? Is that also mass transit

Can you see how warped your logic is? Half-educated mofo!

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 23, 2013
For some positive reasons those Yoruba states. Good job man.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by FILEBE(m): 5:04am On Aug 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
What a waste of public funds. How many people are going to benefit from this waste? Mmmtcchhhwwee!!
in Sunny Nneji's voice: easy o! easy o! Wetin i go do wey them no go talk?
The man didnt provide taxi cabs. U talk. Now he has provided. U still dey talk. Typical of Humans(don't ask me any foolish questions about what i am o)
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by omanzo02: 5:29am On Aug 23, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
What a waste of public funds. How many people are going to benefit from this waste? Mmmtcchhhwwee!!

Just my thought too, what relevance does a state government add In establishing a taxi company?.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by bashydemy(m): 5:32am On Aug 23, 2013
Ninilowo:
buh not as much as what he is doing in Abeokuta I think.
The ;ast time i checked Abeokuta is the Capital of Ogun state and not Ije Ode, So the Capital city need more development than the sub cities. Mind you i stay and build my house in Otta and am enjoying the progress of Ilo Awela road so far and am commending this guy for second term.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by osheefeterry: 5:35am On Aug 23, 2013
the care is d problem not buying it,
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by TokyoBulls(m): 5:41am On Aug 23, 2013
Amosun launched mass transit buses in Ogun State in Phase 1. I have seen several of these buses but I've not used them. However, many of the people still prefer the old style of using taxis. They do not want to wait for buses to get filled, hence the taxis, so I think the governor is doing well.

He started with the roads first, especially in key towns like Ijebu Ode, Abeokuta, Sagamu. However, I agree he needs to spend time and resources more in other local governments such as Ifo, Ado-Odo/Ota, Yewa, etc. He has been able to raise the state's IGR from OGD's meagre N700M per month to close to N3BN per month. This is in the same state and he has only spent about 2 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari To Inherit N8.1b Presidential Villa Debts / Akpabio: Nigeria Not Wealthy But I Will Fight Corruption Like Buhari Is Doing / Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.