Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun (17817 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) / Governor Amosun Of Ogun Stoned By TASUED Students As He Ran For Cover [PIC] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by ZUBY77(m): 6:23am On Aug 23, 2013
Useless Country.

Senior special assistant on transportion said..

What is commissioner for transportation doing?

Why wasting money on hundreds of special thieves?

LOCAL COUNCIL CHAIRMEN ALSO HAVE SPECIAL ASSTS.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Carlmax(m): 6:25am On Aug 23, 2013
See as my body just dey pepper me ! Other states dey develop, Delta state dey "mark time". Oh Lord we need APC in DELTA STATE... Uduagan and his cohorts would not kill us In JESUS name! Amen.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Pharoh: 6:33am On Aug 23, 2013
I don't think taxi schemes are part of mass transit and they are better run if given to private investors. The government only need to regulate the industry and put needed infrastructures in place to aid the industry.

They can always make their money through licenses, tax or do these cooperative societies lack the financial power to move into the transport sector. We have so many private transport company in Nigeria so i do not know the reason states do not make use of them instead of going it alone.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by PStacks(m): 6:40am On Aug 23, 2013
Amosun sai ka yi..

Sai Amosun.. Sai A FI Ce... (APC)

Fola Adeola would have to do much more to unseat this gentle achiever.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by anonimi: 6:45am On Aug 23, 2013
X-factoria:

How about 1,000 okadas x 2 = 2,000 x several times everyday? Is that also mass transit

Can you see how warped your logic is? Half-educated mofo!

Very good response.
As someone pointed out Akala of PDP Oyo state launched the same taxis years ago.
Meanwhile primary, vocational and secondary education that is the foundation of any sustainable development is not given deserved attention and focus compared to these s'agbe loju yoyo (shine, shine fancy) unsustainable projects.

We be real mumus walahi!

6 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by sEGXY2(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2013
all is welk o
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by modaland: 6:57am On Aug 23, 2013
Nobody is hating as far as hes performing well..

Amosun is working, haters are crying. Go and swim in the nearest dam.[/quote]
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by modaland: 7:00am On Aug 23, 2013
Nobody is hating as far as hes performing well..
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Amosun is working, haters are crying. Go and swim in the nearest dam.[/quote][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by anonimi: 7:03am On Aug 23, 2013
Just less than four years on this same NL forum.

https://www.nairaland.com/341182/akala-receives-title-buying-cabs

https://www.nairaland.com/336290/why-alao-akala-justify-employing

http://www.galaxytvonline.com/news/main-news/akala-empowers-youths-with-new-taxis

So Amosun and Akala are in the same class of clueless administrators except that the former has some slick propaganda vendors armed with cameras etc.

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by meine: 7:08am On Aug 23, 2013
Where is this guy getting all the money from when others are complaining of paucity of funds. He dey vex ooo. Weldone man
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Pyroxene: 7:23am On Aug 23, 2013
Well its a good step BUT D̶̲̥̅̊ issue with nigeria is that in a few years this cars ll be a monument because of no maintenance culture,competent hand must be employed to drive, monitor and maintain these cars or else they ll be like every other failed ideology nigeria has had
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Pyroxene: 7:29am On Aug 23, 2013
P.Stacks:
Amosun sai ka yi..

Sai Amosun.. Sai A FI Ce... (APC)

Fola Adeola would have to do much more to unseat this gentle achiever.

This looks like a chemical formular ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by ChristKid1: 7:29am On Aug 23, 2013
Nawa o. Ordinary taxi cabs that even our clueless Peter Obi introduced long time ago that's what gbawe and co are jumping up and down like women on heat period. Apc and their cheap propaganda.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Okijajuju1(m): 7:38am On Aug 23, 2013
[b]Government Taxi Schemes arounr this country has generally been a failure..

Rivers State for example: Odili launched peugeots as Taxis, Today, not even 1 can be found on the road.

Amaechi comes in and launches Kias and Tata busses (in partnership with Skye Bank) Today, none of those vehicles even have up to 30% resale value.

Cross Rivers State is the same thing. Liyel Launched Suzukis as Taxis upon the removal of Okadas from the road. BArely 2 weeks after the launching, over 10 of the vehicles had been totalled.

Akwa Ibom State is the same News. Although with theirs, it was Akwa Ibomites that set fire to over 200 Brand new Kias during a riot.

I'm sure others can give similar examples from their states. Only Lagos seems to have gotten the fomular right, which is to give the cars to a Company to manage for them. Also giving the drivers some sort of Liaility for the cars and providing fleet insurance for all the cars, rather then just outrightly handing over the cars to individuals.

I really hope this scheme works sha, because so far, its failed in so many other states..[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by agitator: 7:40am On Aug 23, 2013
payless:

Look wetin Amosun dey do o! Our governors from the other side of the Niger dey tell us say the monthly allocation is not enough. Whereas, dem dey buy mansion for London, USA, and Dubai. Dem dey even collect more money from federal government more than Amosun dey get, SMH!

I hope South-west doesn't leave South-west behind. The whole SW/SE should devolop together in my view.

This is nothing new in south south, Uguaghan of Delta State bought taxis and buses plying within cities and intercities, Alamieyesegha/Goodluck also did same in Bayelsa, Timipre Sylva did same (Bayelsa Stimulus Scheme-BSS), Dickson of Bayelsa also. Akpabio also did same in Akwa Ibom, Odili did same and Amaeachi also did same. If this is a measure of progress. How will you grade the mentioned governors?

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by davades(m): 7:43am On Aug 23, 2013
Afam4eva: Nice looking taxis...But i'll advice these governors to also consider something similar to BRT in their states cos not all citizens can afford to hire a taxi.

There is BRT also
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by anonimi: 7:43am On Aug 23, 2013
Chris†Kid:
Nawa o. Ordinary taxi cabs that even our clueless Peter Obi introduced long time ago that's what gbawe and co are jumping up and down like women on heat period. Apc and their cheap propaganda.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

On this same NL forum Anambra state's Peter Obi of APGA:

In less than three years in office, the governor said he has been able to save N350 million through this process, proceeds of which, he said, are pumped into the acquisition of 50 taxi cabs and 50 buses donated to the people of the state to alleviate transportation problem.

https://www.nairaland.com/238375/how-spend-bribe-money-gov
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 23, 2013
Some people have no shame. Imagine the celebration of the launch of 150 taxi cabs. Incredible. Even the most clueless governors and those that are/were tagged "non-performers" also launched even bigger taxi cab schemes. Yet these are the same clowns that talk of mediocrity when it comes to certain achievements of GEJ. What could be more mediocre than celebrating taxi cab schemes? Shameless hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by staaari: 7:56am On Aug 23, 2013
As good as this sound. It is not sustainable.

I am not an hater, I am for progress but we need sustainable progress.

That is the biggest drawback.

For this moment of glory... well done to Amosun.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by anonimi: 7:57am On Aug 23, 2013
agitator:

This is nothing new in south south, Uguaghan of Delta State bought taxis and buses plying within cities and intercities,

My yoruba people obviously need to travel outside our former federal capital Lagos or at least read about other states in the FRN.

Omo ti k'oba de oko baba elo mi, a ni oko baba ohun ni otobi ju - pikin wey never see another farm go dey swagger sey na im papa farm big pass.

Delta State: Uduaghan commended for efforts to improve transportation system

Hon. Igbakpa said that in pursuance of the State Government’s policy for the provision of cheap and affordable transportation for Deltans, government in 2008 launched the State Urban Taxi scheme with 170 Taxis and 100 Toyota hiace buses.

The Transport Commissioner disclosed that between 2009 and 2013, the State Government purchased an additional 605 units of 18 seater Toyota Hiace buses for the State Urban transportation programme, adding that 40 units of the buses were allocated to the school shuttle Bus Scheme to ease the transportation problems currently experienced by primary and secondary school children.

Hon. Igbakpa said the remaining 665 units were distributed to Delta Line Transport Services, Agofure Motors Limited, National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), labour and other beneficiaries.

http://www.codewit.com/nigeria-news/10329-delta-state-uduaghan-commended-for-efforts-to-improve-transportation-system

Is Uduaghan also with the "progressive" Arewa Peoples Congress, APC or with the over-demonised PDP
For how long shall we be mumu-lised by our IGNORANCE?
"My people perish for lack of knowledge" comes to mind here!
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 7:57am On Aug 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Some people have no shame. Imagine the celebration of the launch of 150 taxi cabs. Incredible. Even the most clueless governors and those that are/were tagged "non-performers" also launched even bigger taxi cab schemes. Yet these are the same clowns that talks of mediocrity when it comes to certain achievements of GEJ. What could be more mediocre than celebrating taxi cab schemes? Shameless hypocrites
I guess achievement means different thing to different people. I personally will not rate procuring taxis as a sign of performance because even the most clueless governors have launched taxi schemes at one point or the other. The only way we can rate these governors will depend greatly on how they manage these taxis. LIke someone pointed out, i think Fashola has done well in that regard.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by faboben10: 8:01am On Aug 23, 2013
Pls, when z d next governorship election? I need to enter prayer and fasting mood asap.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by striker9(m): 8:02am On Aug 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Some people have no shame. Imagine the celebration of the launch of 150 taxi cabs. Incredible. Even the most clueless governors and those that are/were tagged "non-performers" also launched even bigger taxi cab schemes. Yet these are the same clowns that talk of mediocrity when it comes to certain achievements of GEJ. What could be more mediocre than celebrating taxi cab schemes? Shameless hypocrites
oh shut up!
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by seanet02: 8:02am On Aug 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
I guess achievement means different thing to different people. I personally will not rate procuring taxis as a sing of performance because even the most clueless governors have launched taxi schemes at one point or the other. The only way we can rate these governors will depend greatly on how they manage these taxis. LIke someone pointed out, i think Fashola has done well in that regard.
You have not stated your true position
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by anonimi: 8:04am On Aug 23, 2013
agitator:

Alamieyesegha/Goodluck also did same in Bayelsa, Timipre Sylva did same (Bayelsa Stimulus Scheme-BSS), Dickson of Bayelsa also.

Again right here on NL less than a year ago:

Nigeria’s Bayelsa state government has injected 300 ‘ restoration city cabs’ to replace motor cycles as a means of transportation in the capital of Yenagoa.

Gov. Seriake Dickson who unveiled the taxis, 100 of which are tricycles, at the official commissioning said, “What you are seeing here today, as good as it is, is just the beginning. We want a transportation system that is second to none. Our aspiration is to turn the state into another London that will be haven to tourists and investors from all over the world.’’

The governor said that when he announced the ban on commercial motorcycle transport, popularly known as ‘Okada’, many of his critics said that the previous administration did same and did not solve the transport problem in the state.

https://www.nairaland.com/1035478/300-taxis-replace-okadas-bayelsa

Why have my people CHOSEN to be intellectually lazy opening ourselves up to SWINDLERS, FRAUDSTERS and CONMEN to bamboozle us with propaganda and hypocrisy as they pass themselves off as "progressives"

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 8:05am On Aug 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Some people have no shame. Imagine the celebration of the launch of 150 taxi cabs. Incredible. Even the most clueless governors and those that are/were tagged "non-performers" also launched even bigger taxi cab schemes. Yet these are the same clowns that talk of mediocrity when it comes to certain achievements of GEJ. What could be more mediocre than celebrating taxi cab schemes? Shameless hypocrites

Are you clinically insane? Is this not part of a BRT (bus rapid transport) scheme which is in turn a part of an impressive transport agenda taking in a comprehensive light rail scheme to provide adequate transport throughout Ogun State? How many performing governors have such a comprehensive transport agenda let alone "clueless ones"? M0r0n. Mumu just rushes in to play opposition politics while his brain has been left in the village he last visited to dispense herbal medicine. I even highlighted, with bold print, what is written below at the beginning of the thread. I guess there is no way to mitigate for grade A olodo like you.

He said the inauguration of the air conditioned Nissan Saloon cars would mark the second phase of the mass transit scheme of the present administration in the state.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 8:06am On Aug 23, 2013
seanet02:
You have not stated your true position
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by seanet02: 8:07am On Aug 23, 2013
you have no shame nor any conscience..
on this same forum we saw making noise about thousands of mass transit buses to be provided only for it to never be provided by your clueless jonathan
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by awodman: 8:07am On Aug 23, 2013
Just imagine the speed the Mods used to move the thread to the front page..while for achievements of GEJ to get to the frontPage you have to shout yourself hoarse..imagine the thread about ICAO certifying Nigeria's airspace Safe is still languishing in the politics section...Hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by SORTER: 8:08am On Aug 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
Instead of steaming and ranting endlessly, it would have been easy for you to just tell me that Ogun already has a BRT scheme. I don't know what's it with some of you and being defensive all the time. Is anyone chasing you?
.......NO SIR!....I THINK YOU ARE THE ONE BEEN CHASED SINCE YOU CANNOT READ AND UNDERSTAND SIMPLE WRITE UP LIKE THIS.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by awodman: 8:20am On Aug 23, 2013
Gbawe:

Are you clinically insane? Is this not part of a BRT (bus rapid transport) scheme which is in turn a part of an impressive transport agenda taking in a comprehensive light rail scheme to provide adequate transport throughout Ogun State? How many performing governors have such a comprehensive transport agenda let alone "clueless ones"? M0r0n. Mumu just rushes in to play opposition politics while his brain has been left in the village he last visited to dispense herbal medicine. I even highlighted, with bold print, what is written below at the beginning of the thread. I guess there is no way to mitigate for grade A olodo like you.

My friend must you insult,curse and pour diatribes before stating your points..what happened to civilized behaviour?..pls stop showing the whole forum that you are a thug

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows / ISIS Supporters In Nigeria Get Visas From Turkish Embassy –syrian Envoy / 5 Months Later, FG Yet To Fix Eko Dilapidated Bridge In Lagos - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.