Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government (51767 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Jonathan Says No More Negotiation With ASUU / FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by elrony(m): 1:56am On Aug 23, 2013
tellwisdom: I keep hearing Asun! Asun!....Who is Asun?

Asun is a specially spiced up goat meat!!! wink

*TGIF...asun tinz dis nite* grin

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 23, 2013
Reyginus: Lazy quack lecturers with nothing to offer.
What pains me most is when they tell us they are fighting for the good of the students.
Thiefs!!!
I had your mentality before I left Nigeria for MSc. Nigerian universities don't even have the facilities available at most primary schools in the developed world, education is not just about cramming notes. I support the lecturers on this one.

Note: i also lost two years in my days at OAU due to ASUU strikes.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Jamexjulius(m): 2:35am On Aug 23, 2013
Justosaus: selfish lecturers. Gambling with the future of nigerians because of allowances
guy you dey grazy oh, you mean my palle shud'nt collect him allowance abi?.,, better watch your back

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Kunlexic(m): 2:51am On Aug 23, 2013
The lecturer love themselves that they are playing with people's life,meanwhile their own children are not schooling in Nigeria.God will take us thru in dis country.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Sacrifice91(m): 3:26am On Aug 23, 2013
Justosaus: selfish lecturers. Gambling with the future of nigerians because of allowances
Assuming it's because of their selfish interest, won't they be satisfied with 30billion? No! It's beyond that.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Omoocash(m): 3:30am On Aug 23, 2013
kolado: Habatically, gongo so! Na 2 go dat ashewo quarters 4 my area mak i go dey work b dat o.
pls safe ur future
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Omoocash(m): 3:36am On Aug 23, 2013
Sacrifice91:
Assuming it's because of their selfish interest, won't they be satisfied with 30billion? No! It's beyond that.

Lecturers are not selfish at all. Because u never can tell where u find urself tomorrow! I support the course only that I want to finishing my Msc on time and start my Phd as soon as possible...
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by betadaz: 3:57am On Aug 23, 2013
Is NITEL striking again in Naija? Resolved! Will NEPA ever go on strike again? Resolved! FG invest so much in education but big heads in the ministry and university divert such funds, even research grants from foreign and local organisations. FG please sell the universities let's see ASUU strike like present NITEL and NEPA. Even our edu quality will improve...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by peteramor(m): 4:13am On Aug 23, 2013
Omo na to go start to dey make babies be dat na....lol.. ASUU I use God name beg una o.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Holuwhasheyi(f): 4:16am On Aug 23, 2013
hopefully if agreement is reach, i pray it won't result to chop-i-chop.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by FILEBE(m): 4:55am On Aug 23, 2013
shejane: Gej pls let students go back 2 class, der ar tired of staying at home
which told you that?
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by nancyberry(f): 5:04am On Aug 23, 2013
Abeg who dey find PA(personal assistant).........cos nain b d only work wen i fit do.....orya big men,managers,directors,begin add me......,but wait....o na so we go dey dey??
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by wushi(f): 5:18am On Aug 23, 2013
Na wa o. Hmm... God pls step in. since both parties r lords naw
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by GraceEzeh(f): 5:37am On Aug 23, 2013
Can sum1 pls throw lyt on dis topic? Cos I dont seem 2 undastand it.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 23, 2013
elrony:

Asun is a specially spiced up goat meat!!! wink

*TGIF...asun tinz dis nite* grin

I tried it when i was in Naija last december..Dang it was soooo good it made me wanna slap my mama! I love u ASSSUUUUUNNNN..

shi*t...wrong thread! oh well....
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Ollybarbie219(f): 5:55am On Aug 23, 2013
Grace Ezeh: Can sum1 pls throw lyt on dis topic? Cos I dont seem 2 undastand it.
**shines torchlight on topic**hehehe
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by ignis: 5:57am On Aug 23, 2013
ASUU have begin to step on my nerves. I don't want to say they are selfish.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Slowzyhenry: 6:00am On Aug 23, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b] water don strong pass garri....no hope again oh.... Season 10 don come out....still waitin 4 season 20
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by alexleo(m): 6:01am On Aug 23, 2013
alexdidi: What's really happening? Was the news on NTA a mere stunt? And what's this logical conclusion ASUU want to arrive at?

The logical conclusion ASUU wants to arrive at is that they want the 2009 agreement to be fully implemented, not partial implementations as has always been in the culture of our governement. Over the years FG has shown insincerity in keeping to agreements, not only to ASUU, but to every sector of the economy and to Nigerians as a whole. That's why you and I are suffering bad governance today. This has been happening over the years and its now a normal thing for FG to be insincere and very abnormal for them to be sincere. Shall we allow this to continue from generation to generation? NO. ASUU has taken the bull by the horn with their stand. If at the end of the day they force FG into becoming sincere in dealing with them, and other sectors follows suit, and Nigerians at large follows suit, then the FG will have no choice than to do away with insincerity in dealing with Nigerians. Somebody,definitely, must start the fight and ASUU has started. Nigerians are good in complaining but they can't fight for their right that's why you see people here talking nonsense against ASUU. For how long shall shall the FG continue to dribble Nigerians? Somebody must start the fight and others follows. I understand that part of the resolutions by the lecturers before embarking on this strike is that they won't call it off, even if payment of their salaries are stopped, until government implements the agreement fully. If you want Nigeria to be good stop complaining, sacrifice whatever it will cost you, ASUU has started their own, somehow too the students are sacrficing(except the myopic ones here who are fund of talking nonsense against ASUU stand), be an encouragement to them rather than a discouragement. All of us as Nigerians have one common enemy in government- insincerity, and we must fight it to a total defeat. I SUPPORT ASUU.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by alexleo(m): 6:10am On Aug 23, 2013
ignis: ASUU have begin to step on my nerves. I don't want to say they are selfish.

Pls open your eyes and see the big picture ahead. Stop having a myopic view. This is what brought this country to this horrible stage and if we don't do away with it then the future of this country will continue to detoriorate. Support this fight against insincerity in governments in their dealings with not just ASUU but Nigerians as a whole. Thanks.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by ProudlyNaija1: 6:19am On Aug 23, 2013
superior1: Things Fall Apart
When The Center Can No Longer Hold
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by alexleo(m): 6:20am On Aug 23, 2013
betadaz: Is NITEL striking again in Naija? Resolved! Will NEPA ever go on strike again? Resolved! FG invest so much in education but big heads in the ministry and university divert such funds, even research grants from foreign and local organisations. FG please sell the universities let's see ASUU strike like present NITEL and NEPA. Even our edu quality will improve...

And if FG sells the universities to private investors lecturer will gain more and students will lose. First of all is that school fees will go as high as 500 thousand per section as it is in private universities now. Lecturer will have an enhanced pay, good classroom and teaching materials and a befitting staff quarters to live. Meaning that the children of the poor cannot go to university. Is that what you want? Clap for yourself.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 23, 2013
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by PStacks(m): 6:34am On Aug 23, 2013
Rexsul: tank God av startd Gala distribution business

cheesy pls add cake and lacasera. cheesy grin
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by fksymbol: 6:37am On Aug 23, 2013
hello guys.please who can help me secure admission into oau.this my aggrt 255.08100233733
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by brosun(m): 6:38am On Aug 23, 2013
alexdidi: What's really happening? Was the news on NTA a mere stunt? And what's this logical conclusion ASUU want to arrive at?
Yes, the news on NTA is the usual government stunt, full of lies and half-truths. The so-called government negotiiation ASUU has now pulled out of was a mere charade, to give Nigerians the impression that something was being done by government to resolve the crisis. Nothing concrete was really on the table. All the talk about billions upon billions being approved was all noise. No kobo had been released. ASUU saw through these usual government tactics and didn't want to continue to waste their time. Truth is: this is not a sincere government: they enter into agreements they cannot honour; they make promises they cannot keep. They are fire brigadiers; they rush in to douse the fire, leaving the source of the fire. The billions being talked about ought to have been released installmentally from 2009 when they signed the agreement with ASUU, but they went to sleep after that, destroying our patrimony in senseless waste and self-aggrandizement. Now the chicken has come home to roost. Did it not surprise you that a government that told you earlier it had no money to meet ASUU's demands would suddenly begin to 'approve' billions of naira? As a Somali proverb goes, "You cannot talk of things falling apart when they were never whole".
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by collinswealth: 6:40am On Aug 23, 2013
in a country where education is not valued, coruption is d other of the day...no factory to work on; infact nothing good is ever heared about this nation! Every thing is difficult in this nature...I REGRET TO BE A NIGERIA. [i]in a country where education is not valued, coruption is d other of the day...no factory to work on; infact nothing good is ever heared about this nation! Every thing is difficult in this nature...I REGRET TO BE A NIGERIA.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by kheart(m): 6:41am On Aug 23, 2013
Try na fix a date 4 my sisters wedding.
Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 23, 2013
Reyginus: Dude, I don't think anybody is owed any salary. What I see here is a bunch of selfish hypocrites holding the government ransom because of extra allowances for no reason they deserve.

Mr Stop saying what you dont know, every government worker has an allowance and it is their right to get theirs, do you think the government can owe the lawmakers of this nation such amount, if ASUU doesn't act this way their allowance is as good as forgotten, now put yourself in their shoes and tell me what your reaction will be if you dont get your due allowance at your place of work, do the FG owe Senators their own allowance...? FG should be in court already for voiding an agreement made with ASUU and not meeting up their demands, they made a conclusion and so there should be no renegotiation because what is signed is signed and should not be altered until those demands are met that is what an agreement means, now go and educate yourself and stop being selfish.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by Aryourkunlay(m): 6:44am On Aug 23, 2013
Kudos to ASUU, as you make forth big strenght to earn your pockets with 3yrs allowances, remember that the Nigerian Students are growing old and ditter grey.. Dramatize your foolishness, as I am also foolish to have supported you. Now FG has approved N400b, you must have a good reason to keep us waiting at home, other than preserving your pockets for some allowance.. ..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government by fankasibe: 6:51am On Aug 23, 2013
ADVICE TO NIGERIA STUDENTS AND YOUTH IN GENERAL.
It's time we think and take things into our own hands. Our predesesures have failed us. Our political and economy situation is now similar to the old Ghana. So help us God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully / 300 Level UNICAL Student Dies In Her Sleep / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.