Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,423 members, 7,826,646 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Divorce And Surname - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Divorce And Surname (3612 Views)

5 Reasons Couples Divorce And How You Can Protect Your Marriage / Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? / Divorce and Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce And Surname by Sodgi(m): 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2008
Story!!!
Re: Divorce And Surname by RedHotChic(f): 6:56pm On Jun 10, 2008
I just wonder why the only place I see sexism against men is on Nairaland Huh
What is sexist about a woman taking care of her business. Do we need to take permission from men again to do that?
Re: Divorce And Surname by RedHotChic(f): 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2008
@Redhotchicfunmiosunamazonchic.

Why don't you give up on men? A personal suggestion from me. No man is good enough for you. Either they will cheat, disrespect you, run off with someone else in 2 weeks and move her into your matrimonial home yada yada yada.

There is always an element of men bashing in your posts. If you feel that strongly about our shenanigans, just give us space and be with women. Women are good and men are bad. That way you can't really complain abi?
You are a trip!!!!
Re: Divorce And Surname by RedHotChic(f): 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2008
My sister,I say make you marry first. Grin
after pampering a man cooking and cleaning ,taking care of children,working and doing it all
Do you think I'll have the energy to do it again wih a brand new man?
Do you know the energy it takes to train and satisfy a Nigerian man? Grin
I said till death do us part so in the event of death (God forbid),I'll go back in the market
as for divorce,(God forbid again) I will find other hobbies besides chopping and serve my God.
If he likes let him run away with Genevieve Nnaji Cheesy
That's it!
I'm done with the institution!
So Nigerian men are like puppies that needs to be potty trained now? Yukkkk!!!
Re: Divorce And Surname by iseobio(m): 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2008
simple,take all the first letters of the surnames of all the husbands and form an acronym that will becaome her new surname
Re: Divorce And Surname by RedHotChic(f): 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2008
simple,take all the first letters of the surnames of all the husbands and form an acronym that will becaome her new surname
Why not take all the first letters of your wives surnames and form yourself a new surname, playa?
Re: Divorce And Surname by proo212(m): 7:43pm On Jun 10, 2008
I'm a trip, I laugh, because you just don't get it,

Shakes head, even your fellow sisters have issues with your posts.

Me thinks you're very needy and men choose not take the crap you dish out.
Re: Divorce And Surname by iseobio(m): 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2008
I was just making a wise suggestion as the lady in question is so fortunate may be she is a good player to be able to change husbands like fashion.
It will help her in her quest for victory over men. it is ALUTA CONTINUA
RedHotChic:

Why not take all the first letters of your wives surnames and form yourself a new surname, playa?
Re: Divorce And Surname by sistawoman: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2008
I kept my exhusband's last name, only because it is the last name that my children have.
Re: Divorce And Surname by arianne(f): 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2008
sistawoman:

I kept my exhusband's last name, only because it is the last name that my children have.
sistawoman:

exactly my submission
Re: Divorce And Surname by RedHotChic(f): 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2008
Me thinks you're very needy and men choose not take the crap you dish out.
men you said,naaahhh, I only date real men.
Re: Divorce And Surname by RedHotChic(f): 9:52pm On Jun 10, 2008
By Sisterwoman,
What will happen when you remarry?
Re: Divorce And Surname by sheniqua: 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2008
does it take a rocket scientist to figure out that the word "train" in my post was tongue in cheek.
You people scare me with the way some of you reason.
Re: Divorce And Surname by arianne(f): 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2008
sheniqua:

does it take a rocket scientist to figure out that the word "train" in my post was tongue in cheek.
You people scare me with the way some of you reason.

dear, don't make em answer that!
Re: Divorce And Surname by RedHotChic(f): 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2008
Sheeeesh, tongue in cheek my ass. Men need to look before they leap sha because all that glitters is not gold.
Re: Divorce And Surname by amberella: 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2008
sheniqua:

I got that but I just think it's a bad idea to try and change your partner. It will only frusterate both of you. Better to learn to live with him the way he is (and take your time fnding the right spouse to begin with).
Re: Divorce And Surname by sheniqua: 12:00am On Jun 11, 2008
Chic:

Sheeeesh, tongue in cheek my ass. Men need to look before they leap sha because all that glitters is not gold.

at least they can see your red copper color from miles away grin
I pity that man
Re: Divorce And Surname by sheniqua: 12:07am On Jun 11, 2008
amber_ella:

I got that but I just think it's a bad idea to try and change your partner. It will only frusterate both of you. Better to learn to live with him the way he is (and take your time fnding the right spouse to begin with).

If indeed you got it ,your second sentence was then unnecessary
I don't believe anyone should set out to change anyone but there are certainly compromises to be made for any marriage to work so in effect the indivuals must (to a certain extent) change.
We all change daily when we find ourselves in certain circumstances.
We change to accomodate our situations when we move to to a new location, start a new job,have a different responsibility at work , become mothers.
Why do you think one is not expected to make changes when they marry?
If anyone man or woman does not changes to some extent when they marry,that marriage is headed for the rocks.
people cannot remain the way they are in a marriage
It will not work.

no wonder the divorce rate is above 50% in the USA,everyone is set in their ways
Re: Divorce And Surname by RedHotChic(f): 12:14am On Jun 11, 2008
at least they can see your red copper color from miles away Grin
I pity that man
Men do not need to be pitied, they rather needs potty training like you said. Uuuullaahllaa, tongue in cheek,
Re: Divorce And Surname by yemivictor: 10:15am On Jun 11, 2008
RedHotChic:

Men do not need to be pitied, they rather needs potty training like you said. Uuuullaahllaa, tongue in cheek,

Which only shows you're a complete failure as a woman & a mother who'd have sons in future! angry

Since from the way you keep ranting, the sons you'd train shouldn't be any different from the men you & your ilk keep bashing on Nairaland! sad

The apple doesn't fall too far away from the tree, you know!? kiss
Re: Divorce And Surname by actoor(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2008
i knew of a good Lagos state politician named. Mrs Oluremi Bakare Indikwe.
Her first husband was Bakare & her present Husbands name is Indikwe. So, its not a new thing.
Re: Divorce And Surname by amberella: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2008
@sheniqua

change is inevitable but that's not really what we are discussing.

I would cringe if I heard a man say that his wife needed to be trained and I cringe when I hear a woman say that husbands need to be trained.

sheniqua:

no wonder the divorce rate is above 50% in the USA,everyone is set in their ways

I'm getting so fed up with all this blablabla about Americans have no morals and westerners have no respect and the divorce rate is so high -  So what if I'm white?  So what if I'm a westerner?  Does that make everything I have to say completely illegitimate?
Re: Divorce And Surname by Antidote1(f): 2:44pm On Jun 11, 2008
@topic
I don't even see why this should be a problem. In the first place I don't see the relevance of taking your husband's surname. Are you related to him? My mom Never took my dad's surname, we did. We were his, so it's understandable. Again, just my 2cents,
Re: Divorce And Surname by amberella: 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2008
where are you from, antidote?
Re: Divorce And Surname by Antidote1(f): 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2008
The Caribbean, why?
Re: Divorce And Surname by amberella: 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2008
just curious - I read in the other thread that you're not Nigerian.
Re: Divorce And Surname by Antidote1(f): 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2008
Ok dear.No stress, No I am not, Are you?
Re: Divorce And Surname by amberella: 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2008
Nope, I'm a whitey and will never hear the end of it on this forum!
Re: Divorce And Surname by Antidote1(f): 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2008
It's ok.Welcome to my world, Just smile and move on, such is life dear. I have had my fair share too, cheesy
Re: Divorce And Surname by sheniqua: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2008
amber_ella:

@sheniqua

change is inevitable but that's not really what we are discussing.

I would cringe if I heard a man say that his wife needed to be trained and I cringe when I hear a woman say that husbands need to be trained.

I'm getting so fed up with all this blablabla about Americans have no morals and westerners have no respect and the divorce rate is so high -  So what if I'm white?  So what if I'm a westerner?  Does that make everything I have to say completely illegitimate? 

you still don't get it.
the word " trained " was tongue in cheek with a grin next to it
how old is this person sef?
who cares if you're a westerner?
did I have a clue what or who you were before responding?
abeg stick to the topic jo
Re: Divorce And Surname by amberella: 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2008
I'm 15, what about you?
Re: Divorce And Surname by Antidote1(f): 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2008
ok, ladies, get it over with, Sometimes we read things and run away with the wrong idea. It's too much of a lovely day for beefs,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girlfriend Claiming To Be A Virgin: / With 5million Dollars Can You Marry A Village Girl That Cant Speak English? / The Busty Lady Whose Pictures Goes Viral In Computer Village Speaks..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.