Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. (39629 Views)

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Half Of A Yellow Sun Confirmed As Nollywood’s Most Expensive Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Ibomo(m): 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nice post. But have you ever had a hard thought why the hollywood films are like that? The Americans simply want to show you how supreme they are compared to the rest of the world. Research and you'll find(even though they won't agree) that the good guy cum super hero is America while the bad guys cum villains are the rest of the world. My opinion is that we should start showing this our much talked about "Giant of Africa" in our own movies instead of this hanky panky higilipogili we act on weekly basis for our viewing displeasure. Ever seen a police, law court, hospital and politicking scenes in Nollywood? U go vex die! These guys don't know dot and make no effort whatsoever to research. I also noticed that these Hollywood movies you are talking about are old movies. Even that old style of acting sef, we no fit copy and act. For me, I never watch any Nollywood movie, because e dey make me vex.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by delors(m): 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dead funny cheesy cheesy cheesy. I remember Ramsey Noah acting Jet Li in one of the Nollywood films way back. Flying kicks, Kung fu styles etc kicking the ars.e of village chiefs ect I couldnt stop laughing seeing his fat head and round belle and making sounds like Bruce Lee. Really made the whole comedy action film funny. Nollywood is getting there. cheesy
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by gameboy727(m): 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
Encoredme: Vin Diesel, Tom Cruise, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis are always forming 'touch not my anointed'. It only makes me laugh. Even though the story line is usually predictable (except Oblivion which I was catch unawares in), I love other things like the tight production.
Forget that thing, dem dey beat Tom Cruise for film o. 'M.I: Ghost protocol' i think dem break im leg or so.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by niggi4life(m): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
Rukemi291: So true.
@Op. How will i pronounce your name, abeg?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,i tried too but i just can't pronounce it
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
mrlaw93: @OP sorry to say I tink there is no sense in Wat u wrote nd it lacks humour.. I read d whole of this post tinking somtin meaningful will eventually com out of it.. tah! disgusting.. now I will take ur point knw after d other.
1. the gud guy kills dem all cos we re made knwn in d film dat he is well trained than dem nd d thousands of guys re jst trash.
2. ur no2 is even out of point..rules re made to keep tins chaotic.. since d cops cnt figure a way to rescue d hostages. the so called super hero who believes he has somtin special nd different Cn as well save d day
3. winning a girls heart 2fyn dancing.. dnt be a crap! u Cn win a girl heart 2ru Wat u tink she desires most nah.. in dis case dancing. if it is singing show her u got d voice, away nd d pinnach to do it.
4. LOL! if d bad guy kills d gud one.. for god sake who will complete d film..na u WAN do am ni.. and note: actor dey die for film go watch CRANK.
5. the last two or last one figures out hw to kill d monster when d idea comes due to deap research nd enough time.. nd exploiting the dead ones.. or even by mistake.. if people no die Wat is d extent of calling it horror..
** I DROP MY PEN **

you, my friend, are the very definition of a buzzkill.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ohaleoghene(f): 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
GooseBaba:

Aunty oghene and thinz..! Calm down the op yarn was funny sha....no need to write exam for this one.. wink

I dey para for the op ...
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ddippset(m): 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
It is only in nollywood a girl would be all by herself in her room but still can't take off her towel to get dressed after she just left the bathroom!
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by sureteeboy(m): 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
This post is all about hollywood action movies. Watch korean romantic dramas and you won't have any prob with it.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by muse4blue(m): 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
ASUU strike don cause wahala
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by soladollar(m): 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi: 5)The haunted guys find out how to kill the monster only after there are two of them left: I love horror movies. I watched loads and loads of horror movies, and one thing I’ve learnt from them is that it is practically impossible to kill a monster/ghost/zombie/vampire/werewolf unless there are just say two or three out of like 10 or 20 people left. Oh, I also learnt that the black guys usually die first or second but that’s not such an important lesson. Whatever happened to two heads being better than one. And when you have ten heads that get wiped out one after the other till there are only two, shouldn’t it follow that the remaining two just commit suicide to save themselves having to get killed by said monster? But no, it is only after their compadri have died do they figure out that the monster’s weakness is water, or cocaine (as in that Elijah Wood movie, can’t remember the name) or hair relaxer (Evolution) or some such silly thing like that. If that where the case, if i meet a horrible looking thing, I will bust out all the hard drugs I have and hope it kills the thing instead of getting it high and it then goes apeshit on me.

Go and see d exterminator
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Pque(m): 10:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
ohaleoghene: While you are wrong ! Let me enlighten you , and only hope you learn from this . Movies world are fantasy world , totally different from the real world . My lecturer who took me on drama , said and I quote ' in art we do not find reality ,when we do , it is no longer art ' poster , what caught our fancy in movies are the fact that this things do not , and if they do happen arre very rare , and we do only hear about them , and then we say , oh , just like in the movies . Haven't u notice how people who find it hard to believe a certain story say , I am sure you saw that in a movie , that sure can't happen ! So your analysis my dear is crap ! Think of it , won't you find movies boring of it gives us exactly real life situations ? If that is how movies work , while ,.I rather wait till such happens to someone around me , and save the ticket money for a meal .

D mama, pls bone wat ur lecturer said. The story line of any movie that want to b d best must makes sence nd conform or nearly conform to wat can happen in real life. Hw can u say it is absence of reality. Watz up wit d nos of researches carried out b4 a film is produce. Technolodgical research nd even d psycological part dat conform to hw a criminal must behave just to make sure dat d movie is real with real life occurrence though some acts or action in d movie might b impossible in real life. Have u heard of prison break, 24, jumong, clara nd mara etc wat makes them pple's favourite, because it conforms to real life, the scenes add up nd they all make sence nd although some parts are impossible bt they make us believe that it is possible nd they turn us to doubting thomas asking questn like, is that real? oh dat is nt real? Wat a move! We jump frm our seat nd shout: that is it brother!, that is d move!!

Wat about d nos of real life expert they have to bring to teach d actors nd actresses on behaving in d scene nd reacting as well. Some actor even have to study a mad man or a drug addict or criminal 4 weeks just to act a scene.

To me, what makes a movie great is how real it is nd how d scenes add up nd d success of d movie makers in confusing d audience that it is real, as long as we see it as real as it is in d movie.

If it is d absence of reality that ur lecturer calls art then, I don't like art. Give me reality, jackie chan nd not jet-li, d former dat injured his spine when making d film Who am I.

Why is it dat most nigerian youth prefer hollywood to nollywood? Nollywood dont look real, majority of the scenes don't add up, d constume as also bad, oh my God! Few nollywood movies are nt guilty of this while most are. If I'am to give examples of nollywood movie guilty of this nd what they are guilty of, nairaland fit pack up ooo. Imagine a guy sitting on a fast moving car booth nt holding anything with his two hands except his gun, shooting at other rides pursuing them and he didn't fall from d car booth. Insult, d car was like it was in d sky because I can't see d road on which d car is moving. It is nt every art that is a fantasy!
Great directors like to make sure their film is real as possible. Some hollywood movies are also guilty but d reasonable storyline, movie actions nd suspense cover for it.
Nollywood should also improve bt d main problem is lack of 'kudi', proffesionals nd expert. D actors are trying bt wat if there is no gd directors nd d costume available is bad nd unreasonable.

The truth is dat a brilliant work is well recognised nd different from d work that is nt brilliant. Funke Akindele, Tunde Kilani nd few others are trying in yoruba nollywood.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by chessguru1(m): 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
mrlaw93: mumu... show me where he highlight the like terms btw nolly nd holly
Hehehehe
See who is calling who mumu.
So until he categorically highlights the terms he is making as he draws a parallel btw hollywood and nollywood, ur 12 bit brain can't infer and comprehend after reading.
Must u be spoon fed before u understand the intentions of a writer.
Comprehension is a skill. If u missed it, humble ur self and go back to primary 1
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by chessguru1(m): 10:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

you, my friend, are the very definition of a buzzkill.
Men like seriously. Some people are claiming intellectual on a minor and almost comical expression of a fact about hollywood films.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by jeffoski(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
In my own opinion I understand dat most times Hollywood tend to hype and exaggerate their story and add lies but I love d way they lie. Is so captivating. Yes we know that is almost impossible for 1 man to beat 100 enemy at the same time but when u see d effect they put in It, omo is captivating. Check out matrix,die hard,lord of the rings,terminator,the. Super heroes movies and d rest,even chinese movies where u see all sort of lies and tricks,people flying,climbing leaf of trees, arrows dat was shoot to kill dem and d rest,we know all dis are lies but we enjoy it cos of the effect,sound and every details put into it that help put us at the edge of our seat.

For the horror film where out of 10 people only the last 2 tend to find d solution to kill d monster,My dear have u been in a group where 10person bring suggestion,u notice that is so so fight and argument and most time they neva reach a conclusion. Is beta wen few good heads work together d a group of 10 wey 1 person inside d ten go just dey cos wahala inside.

Our problems we have here in nollywood is dat we don't know how to tell such stories properly and do not have the technology and expertise to pull it off.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
so true and so funny. The one wey dey vex me pass na chinese movies and their crazy stunts. You'd see one guy been attacked by hundred guys, in my mind i'd be like ok u guys go together at once, gather the guy and beat him up, simple! Sheybi na 100 to one. But no!, what they do is they keep coming at him one after the other fighting kung fu, i look at the remaining guys waiting in line at the background, and i just be like wtf?!, especially as they look like fools just standing there doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Truckpusher(m): 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
What do they mean by Hollywood and Nollywood movies ?.....i need someone to enlighten me .I be Alien cry
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Orikinla(m): 10:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
There is too much ignorance of the Nigerian film industry by the poster and majority of those rushing to comment without facts and figures. Nollywood produces only 12% of the total number of movies made every year in Nigerian film industry. Kannywood produces over 55% of Nigerian movies and Yotuba movies are second in quantity. Kannywood started before Nollywood in spite of the ignorance displayed by majority of people in the south. The north has more screens than the south. The producers in Kannywood sell more videos than producers in Nollywood. The north has a longer tradition of cinema culture than the south.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by imperiouxx(m): 10:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
moshoodn: Steven Seagal is particularly guilty of many of these rules!

The guy is a bully who rarely gets beaten but he surely breaks others arms.

I love almost all Hollywood actors cos they're trying.

Anyways, personally, as a biochemist, I love Sci Fi. . .

Steven Seagal movies are movies I'll never bother wasting my time to watch. He breaks legs, arms, spines and necks without those trained guys able to touch him. For where in other movies? angry Well, he got no new movie.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
mamiel: You my friend should knw and appreciate when people are being hilarious. Or are trying to tell us that you dont realize that the op is just being funny and was indeed very good at it? There was no need to call his nice piece crap. @op great work and style of presentation.
This guy is looking for attention. And you just gave him one.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by wiselyfrank: 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
@ohaleoghene, u are right but i hope ur lecturer told u dat the beauty of it is to make it look as real as possible so as to carry ur audience along.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by chessguru1(m): 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
booqee: so true and so funny. The one wey dey vex me pass na chinese movies and their crazy stunts. You'd see one guy been attacked by hundred guys, in my mind i'd be like ok u guys go together at once, gather the guy and beat him up, simple! Sheybi na 100 to one. But no!, what they do is they keep coming at him one after the other fighting kung fu, i look at the remaining guys waiting in line at the background, and i just be like wtf?!, especially as they look like fools just standing there doing nothing.
Hehehe dem dey wait for dia turn nah tongue
But seriously though. I feel in real life, fight in those days had some sort of code of ethics for the ancient chinese tongue
Also, 10 people swinging swords wildly @ one target makes them more likely 2 hurt themselves as well as their target, so I guess it makes more sense for them to attack one by one , or two by two
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ysekina(f): 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
There's no chance of comparin hollywood wit nollywwood in anyway...nollywood is too fake predictable nd annoyin wit very few exceptions[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Capableben(m): 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi: 3)Winning A Girls Heart…..Through The Power Of Dance!: Okay, I know, the Indians are more guilty of this than Hollywood but then they do this in pretty much every dance movie there is. Trodden down poor boy meets classy school girl in high school/college and somehow, she manages to always get attracted to him the first time they lock eyes. However, she just can’t leave her big jerk of a boyfriend……until the good guy shows he can bust a move! He dances his way into her heart, she leaves her jerko boyfriend and they dance their way into the happily ever after that is the end credits.

In reality: The girl would swear never to date him for embarrassing her in public. I mean, ladies, how many of you want that guy that has been tripping for you to just suddenly come bust a move outside your father’s compound? As against, I don’t know, a movie at the Galleria, shopping at Shoprite or even just buying you recharge card?

Why Nollywood can’t pull it off: Just imagine Ramsey Nouah droppig it like its hot before Ini Edo! The amount of aboniki they would need to massage his body after every scene would set the aboniki guys up for life!

4)Bad guy always has the upper hand, then practically throws it away: Have you noticed how so many times, the bad guy juuuust happens to have the good guy in a tight corner….then does something stupid…..like FAILING TO SHOOT THE GODDAMN GOOD GUY AFTER POINTING A GUN AT HIM FOR, I DUNNO, FIVE HOURS? Why is it that it is right when they have the chance to put the good guy out of the misery of acting another part of the movie for good, that’s when the bad guy decides to tell us his entire life story while the good guy figures out how to free himself with one toothpick and a piece of thread. Are they shitting us in Hollywood?

Why Nollywood can’t make it work: Well, Emeka Ani can hardly have time to start talking about he wanted to kill Kanayo O. Kanayo all along while a pastor is praying over him while sprinkling holy water over his head and lightning is flashing and his coven is falling apart. But just imagine Emeka Enyiocha with a gun pointed at Nonso Diobi who is trying to cut through the rope binding him with a blunt fork. Comedy central material!

5)The haunted guys find out how to kill the monster only after there are two of them left: I love horror movies. I watched loads and loads of horror movies, and one thing I’ve learnt from them is that it is practically impossible to kill a monster/ghost/zombie/vampire/werewolf unless there are just say two or three out of like 10 or 20 people left. Oh, I also learnt that the black guys usually die first or second but that’s not such an important lesson. Whatever happened to two heads being better than one. And when you have ten heads that get wiped out one after the other till there are only two, shouldn’t it follow that the remaining two just commit suicide to save themselves having to get killed by said monster? But no, it is only after their compadri have died do they figure out that the monster’s weakness is water, or cocaine (as in that Elijah Wood movie, can’t remember the name) or hair relaxer (Evolution) or some such silly thing like that. If that where the case, if i meet a horrible looking thing, I will bust out all the hard drugs I have and hope it kills the thing instead of getting it high and it then goes apeshit on me.

Why Nollywood can’t pull it off: Why wait till you’re all dead when there is a pastor around the corner? After having consulted everybody and everything, pastor is the sure cure to all things that tie red wrappers, fly at night or shoot bright lights from their hands while you hear a sound like someone farted under water. In fact, I think Nollywood has been smarter on this one!

http://zakuraweekly.com/five-ways-hollywood-movies-are-as-bad-as-nollywood-movies/
THATS why they are called films. the wont entertain u without using tricks
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by looder: 11:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
ohaleoghene: While you are wrong ! Let me enlighten you , and only hope you learn from this . Movies world are fantasy world , totally different from the real world . My lecturer who took me on drama , said and I quote ' in art we do not find reality ,when we do , it is no longer art ' poster , what caught our fancy in movies are the fact that this things do not , and if they do happen arre very rare , and we do only hear about them , and then we say , oh , just like in the movies . Haven't u notice how people who find it hard to believe a certain story say , I am sure you saw that in a movie , that sure can't happen ! So your analysis my dear is crap ! Think of it , won't you find movies boring of it gives us exactly real life situations ? If that is how movies work , while ,.I rather wait till such happens to someone around me , and save the ticket money for a meal .

And why is it tht d main character(male) in hollywood movies is ALWAYS named jack! Thinking about it?...I'll wait
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by RedCard1(m): 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
No matter how you twist it, hollywood still rocks. I can't imagine hollywood giving their movies titles like "All my ladies, tea or coffee, palace of sorrows, royal this and royal that". I don't think you watched Life of Pi or even The Girl with the dragon tattoo. Did you watch Django Unchained? Titanic is a 1997 hollywood movie but not in the class of nollywood's latest movies. Can you compare Angelina Jolie's fight to Stephanie Okereke's? Or Van Damme's to Sam Dede's? Wetin big pass you, big pass you.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by pri3stess(f): 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2013
delors: Dead funny cheesy cheesy cheesy. I remember Ramsey Noah acting Jet Li in one of the Nollywood films way back. Flying kicks, Kung fu styles etc kicking the ars.e of village chiefs ect I couldnt stop laughing seeing his fat head and round belle and making sounds like Bruce Lee. Really made the whole comedy action film funny. Nollywood is getting there. cheesy
Lol I remember that film.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
*4q u if u thinks so.
*i am drunk 2nite.
Sorry nollywood fans cos u r all hallucinating.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Baylow25(m): 11:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
I see that u are a 'bleach' fan. Nice piece @zakura
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ajetunde: 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
osinachukwu: .

Abeg sell this space give me, I wan comment.
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by Baddestguyp(m): 12:01am On Aug 25, 2013
ddippset: It is only in nollywood a girl would be all by herself in her room but still can't take off her towel to get dressed after she just left the bathroom!
so u wan see her naked body abi? tongue pervert
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ProminentStar: 12:05am On Aug 25, 2013
spongeback: Hollywood interpret "royal" movies better======>
Nollywood interpretation of "royal" movies makes me wonder, which culture wears those hideous costumes And they have really silly names
Royal palace
Royal queen
Royal king
We are royals oh!!!
Royal rumble
The King tear my bra
Royal maidens
The queen dey suspect me
The prince fell for the maid
undecided
yea. just compare them with COMING TO AMERICA
Re: Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. by ashtonpicky245: 12:15am On Aug 25, 2013
Yomieluv: forget white man mentality,i prefer to watch the baddest hollywood,than the best nollywood....how do you explain a ghost looking right,and left before crossing a road,and a guy being shot inside a car,and the windshield didnt break,and the guy died.or few year later,and omotola still wears the same hairdo,or Genevive wakes up from bed with makeup....huck.lol bro...am wit u on dat one,,,hahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Channels TV Male Presenters Always Fold Their Sleeves?(pics) / Which Of These Nollywood Movies Did You Watch As A Kid? (pics) / 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.