Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210116 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peterbell: 9:16am On Aug 10, 2016
thank u guys for the encouragements and infos u guys are sharing, when i checked my status and saw "decline" i gave up everything about the scholarship but now i still have hopes. what am still worried about is the fact that i have not received any mail since i did my test on the 8/7/16
i just hope every thing turns out well for us by His Grace
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sholy29ice: 9:20am On Aug 10, 2016
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2016
After this whole decline issues,I resend them a mail and this was the response again. Guys let's rather pray than lose hope. Amen.

TITLE: Response to your enquiry (********) regarding selection progress:

Dear ***************,

Thank you for your enquiry. Your application is still being assessed. We
will move to the next stage of selection in the next month and an email will
be sent informing you of the outcome of your application at that time. We
thank you for your continued patience.

Yours sincerely,
Scholarships Team
New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peterbell: 9:40am On Aug 10, 2016
@seandragz u are very right prayers is the key i was really disturbed about this decline stuff cuz i had not received any mail since i did my test but now u really much encourage me with ur enquiries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 9:46am On Aug 10, 2016
peterbell:
@seandragz u are very right prayers is the key i was really disturbed about this decline stuff cuz i had not received any mail since i did my test but now u really much encourage me with ur enquiries

That's why we are here bro. Let's just encourage each other and share any info we have. God's got us man!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peterbell: 9:53am On Aug 10, 2016
That's why we are here bro. Let's just encourage each other and share any info we have. God's got us man!
For sure bro
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 10:08am On Aug 10, 2016
Thank you guys for the encouragement, by the grace of God my decline will be overturned.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2016
shapirorue:
Thank you guys for the encouragement, by the grace of God my decline will be overturned.

I say a BIG AMEN to that. Let it be according to your faith Bro.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 2:21am On Aug 11, 2016
They just sent a message to me this morning, Slightly different from the one that was sent on the 5th of August.
It reads,.....

Dear..........

Thank you for your recent application for a New Zealand Scholarship.

All applications have now been through a thorough short-listing assessment against the scholarship selection criteria.

We are pleased to advise you that you have successfully moved forward to the next stage of the selection process. We will contact you in the near future to confirm details of what is required to complete the next stage.

Yours sincerely,

The Scholarships Team
New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

Notice the difference from the initial one (Red characters)
who received same message?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dima10(f): 8:48am On Aug 11, 2016
bikerboy1:
They just sent a message to me this morning, Slightly different from the one that was sent on the 5th of August.
It reads,.....

Dear..........

All applications have now been through a thorough short-listing assessment against the scholarship selection criteria.

We are pleased to advise you that you have successfully moved forward to the next stage of the selection process. We will contact you in the near future to confirm details of what is required to complete the next stage.

Yours sincerely,

The Scholarships Team

That's really good news, congratulations smiley
Is your status "submitted" ?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sholy29ice: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2016
bikerboy1:
It reads,.....

Dear..........

Yours sincerely,

The Scholarships Team

congrats bro... mine was a reject mail.. wat course and University did u fill.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 9:31am On Aug 11, 2016
Sholy29ice:

congrats bro... mine was a reject mail.. wat course and University did u fill.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 9:32am On Aug 11, 2016
Dima10:

That's really good news, congratulations smiley
Thanks
Is your status "submitted"?
Yes

Did You receive any mail of recent?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 11:22am On Aug 11, 2016
generalbush:

Hello bro, I applied for a language(English) course of 20 weeks... My plan is extend it for another lengthy period so as to reach the threshold. Before thinking of applying for PR.

Will the proof of funding account be opened in my name? or can I show them my sponsor's acct?

How much does it take to process visa and how long!

What is the minimum amount to have in the account.

Since it is a language course,(English) I don't need much wahala. According to my Academic Advisor..

Please reply me pls...

You can apply for English but you will not be a bonafide student coming from an English speaking country...plus why waste all that money..your sponsor should mostly have your surname if not you might have to prove the relationship... Its up to you but you will always need to prove financial support whichever route you choose..
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 11:45am On Aug 11, 2016
Good like guys with your applications. My application has been finally declared unsuccessful.

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your recent application for a New Zealand Scholarship. Regrettably your application was unsuccessful. Please note that this decision is final, and we are unable to provide you with further details.

Thank you for the time and effort you have invested in your application. We appreciate your interest in the New Zealand Aid Programme and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Yours sincerely,

Scholarships Team

New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Adetolababs: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
bikerboy1:
It reads,.....

Dear..........

Yours sincerely,

The Scholarships Team

Congrats. I received a decline mail today. Very painful. All the very best bro.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2016
Adetolababs:

Congrats. I received a decline mail today. Very painful. All the very best bro.

Thanks Bro.

Nevertheless, don't give up. Keep on applying
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dima10(f): 11:25am On Aug 12, 2016
bikerboy1:

Did You receive any mail of recent?

No, I haven't received anything yet... My status is still "submitted" though, but I'm losing hope with every day passes...
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
Dima10:

No, I haven't received anything yet... My status is still "submitted" though, but I'm losing hope with every day passes...

Why not write them and inquire of your status/progress.

It could help you decide on what next to do...
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dima10(f): 9:08am On Aug 13, 2016
bikerboy1:

Why not write them and inquire of your status/progress.

It could help you decide on what next to do...

Has everyone received an update on their applications' progress ?
Or is there anyone who still hasn't received an email yet ?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dima10(f): 10:22am On Aug 16, 2016
Dear Friends,
I'm very glad to inform you that I was called for an interview by the end of August for the scholarship...
I had a phone call from the consulate followed by an email confirming my interview date and time.
I thought I should let you know.
Wishing all of you best of luck as well smiley

7 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sholy29ice: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dima10:
Dear Friends,
I'm very glad to inform you that I was called for an interview by the end of August for the scholarship...
I had a phone call from the consulate followed by an email confirming my interview date and time.
I thought I should let you know.
Wishing all of you best of luck as well smiley

congrats dear.... what university and course please?. ... all the very best
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dima10(f): 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
Sholy29ice:

congrats dear.... what university and course please?. ... all the very best

Massey University, master's of management ...
By the way, they sent me that if I was accepted, my chosen universities would both contact me so I don't think universities chose candidates before the interview.
Thank you my friend, best of luck to you too, hope you'd get the chance of an interview...

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Geeny2016: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dima10:

By the way, they sent me that if I was accepted, my chosen universities would both contact me so I don't think universities chose candidates before the interview.
Thank you my friend, best of luck to you too, hope you'd get the chance of an interview...

Good evening Dima10,
Wishing u success in ur interview..
I also got a positive reply after d online test and aswell i appkied to U of massey
Is it possible u drop ur watsapp number as der was a group created 4 dos expecting d next stage, so as 2 add u 2 it..
We hope 2 help eachother with useful info thanks.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sholy29ice: 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dima10:

nope i didn't. you guys should blaze the trail so that it would be easy for us next year.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
I want to encourage you all to look at the university scholarship websites. Many have tonnes of direct scholarships that are awarded to outstanding students. You apply with almost the same set of documents used for the government scholarship ....do not put all your eggs in one basket smiley

Also note that if you have a long term goal of residency, watch out for certain conditions attached to some scholarships...some expect you to return to your country of origin at the end of your program.

If you are coming to Christchurch,I might be able to provide some assistance-airport pick up,temporary accommodation and some other relevant and useful information
NB: I might not be able to tell you how to get a job,if you can work and pay your fees ..and the rest of such questions. I can only objectively answer questions that I think I am knowledgeable about

I have benefited from these kind of gestures from other NL members...giving back to the community

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2016
cconcept:
I want to encourage you all to look at the university scholarship websites. Many have tonnes of direct scholarships that are awarded to outstanding students. You apply with almost the same set of documents used for the government scholarship ....do not put all your eggs in one basket smiley

Also note that if you have a long term goal of residency, watch out for certain conditions attached to some scholarships...some expect you to return to your country of origin at the end of your program.

If you are coming to Christchurch,I might be able to provide some assistance-airport pick up,temporary accommodation and some other relevant and useful information
NB: I might not be able to tell you how to get a job,if you can work and pay your fees ..and the rest of such questions. I can only objectively answer questions that I think I am knowledgeable about

I have benefited from these kind of gestures from other NL members...giving back to the community

So you are in NZ and did not even contact me? Na so life be??... Lol.. just kidding. keep in touch and please visits AKL sometime.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 9:21am On Aug 29, 2016
solomoncater:

So you are in NZ and did not even contact me? Na so life be??... Lol.. just kidding. keep in touch and please visits AKL sometime.

my prof,pardon me.lost all contact on phone.pls send a blank email to me
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 9:27am On Aug 29, 2016
cconcept:

my prof,pardon me.lost all contact on phone.pls send a blank email to me

Lol.. I no be prof. yet ooo....I hope you will be coming for Independence day celebration in AKL? I am taking part in organizing it. I will send you my phone number via email again.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Oyedele3: 2:36am On Aug 31, 2016
Please, when is the best time of the year to start applying to schools for M.sc in new Zealand as an international student? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.