Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210149 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
double post
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
Perotti:
@Collineno, I also got the mail 2day. I think the test could be structured like the SHL's own. Took a similar test with WorldBank.
Let's chat

You guys are not alone here. I also got the mail about the online test. Please let see help each other out. Anyone with a useful information about the test should please share with us here.

@Perotti, what does the one of SHL look like.

Wishing all of us success.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by DawnEden(m): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
How does GCATA and Perspectives relates with the online test
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Perotti: 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
You guys should look up on Google 'SHL abstract reasoning test and personality test'. You should be able to take some practice test with em.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Collineno: 10:59am On Jul 08, 2016
the SHL I know of is strictly graphs and charts while abstract is using diagram to arrange shapes and the likes... well its see how it goes and prepare for anything
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Butterface: 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
Collineno:
hello everyone.
I just received an email for abstract and personality online test as regards the scholarship application that just ended April.
please does anyone know how the questions are?
if possible a sample or past question will be highly appreciated.
thank you. embarassedhello everyone.
I just received an email for abstract and personality online test as regards the scholarship application that just ended April.
please does anyone know how the questions are?
if possible a sample or past question will be highly appreciated.
thank you.

please can i have your no? i just received such a mail too.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Bidexluv(f): 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
hello. I also received a mail this morning. any one with more information about the test should let us know.

please let's keep this thread alive and help each with information.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Bidexluv(f): 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
hello. I also received a mail this morning. any one with more information about the test should let us know.

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Butterface: 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
Lagishan:

Please what University and for what program did you apply?

I think this process is new, am not sure if anyone has the experience before, for the New Zealand Development scholarships.

Pls write me on whatsapp. I got same mail too. 07036344933
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Butterface: 11:04pm On Jul 09, 2016
Pls write me on whatsapp. I got the same mail too 07036344933
Bidexluv:
hello.
I also received a mail this morning.
any one with more information about the test should let us know.

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by gen2lpat(m): 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hello people,

Luckily for me, i found this thread. Glad to be here. I applied for the NZ scholarship programme and was sent a mail that i am expected to write an abstract reasoning test and personality test on or before 14the this month.

Does anyone have any idea how this is going to play out? Please share with the house. God bless you as you do.

Patrick
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Collineno: 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
has anyone received the mail containing the online log in details?
I learnt we only have 14 days to complete the online test.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
Collineno:
has anyone received the mail containing the online log in details?
I learnt we only have 14 days to complete the online test.

yeah. I got my login details already. Just getting myself ready.

How far, any good materials so far?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Collineno: 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
am yet to get my login details... is it true we are to write the test before the 14th of this month?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Bidexluv(f): 2:07am On Jul 11, 2016
Collineno:
am yet to get my login details...
is it true we are to write the test before the 14th of this month?
type new zealand on your mail search box.

thats how I got mine.
it was sent on the 7th july, while the real mail got in on the 8th.

my assessment test deadline is 21st of july. I think its best to check your mail so as to know your deadline. it differs from each person
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Bidexluv(f): 2:07am On Jul 11, 2016
anyone with info should let us all know please
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by amb001: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2016
Pls brothers n sisters, anybody dat has written d test shd update us on the structure n outcome.

Let's hlp each oda. NZ is d nxt big tin happening on nairaland. We'll all makit!!!!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by okesammie: 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hello Dinlin, solomon carter and whoever knows about PhD in Newzealand, My name is samuel and i need you to advise me on what to do regarding what i will be posting below.

I have a master's degree in mech. eng. from UI and with a CGPA of 5.61 of 7 (PhD grade). I got an offer of place at UoA in januray this year but there was no fund since i was not given a scholarship. I planned to get a job, save and reapply. I got a job and i got another offer few days ago but without scholarship again. See mail below.

Dear Samuel Okeleye,

Offer of Place: Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering

Your application for registration as a doctoral candidate at the University of Auckland has been reviewed by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Board of Graduate Studies, and we are happy to inform you that your registration has been approved.

Your proposed thesis title is "Micro-compressor for an Ultra Micro Gas Turbine.".

You were considered for a University of Auckland Doctoral Scholarship. However, as a result of a high number of exceptional candidates, we cannot offer you this particular scholarship.

We realise this is disappointing, and although we are unable to offer you this award, we very much encourage you to investigate the wide range of other scholarships available at the University of Auckland. For further information on scholarships, visit www.auckland.ac.nz\scholarships.

Having worked for couple of months, i lost my job but i have only been able to save 400k. I am married and my wife works with an IT firm.

My questions are, is there a way i can get a scholarship elsewhere? If not, Is it worth risking if i decide to get money for tuition and living within the first one month and believe that i would get a job to take care of subsequent expenses? How much is sufficient to take care of all expenses if i am thinking of entering with my wife considering the fall in naira value?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by doziej84: 2:30am On Jul 17, 2016
Guys write your tests ooo!!!. time is fast running out.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by DawnEden(m): 8:49am On Jul 17, 2016
amb001:
Pls brothers n sisters, anybody dat has written d test shd update us on the structure n outcome.

Let's hlp each oda. NZ is d nxt big tin happening on nairaland. We'll all makit!!!!
The abstract is 12 questions for 12 mins and u just need to understand the basic of abstract reasoning test to scale through and please practice... the personality is boring if u ask me cos it is a 99 questions and nt timed, the strongly disagree, disagree, neutra,l agree , strongly disagree kind. Best of luck
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Lollilony(f): 2:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
[quote author=DawnEden post=47622514]
The abstract is 12 questions for 12 mins and u just need to understand the basic of abstract reasoning test to scale through and please practice... the personality is boring if u ask me cos it is a 99 questions and nt timed, the strongly disagree, disagree, neutra,l agree , strongly disagree kind. Best of luck[/quot

In addition, OPRA consulting is the administrator of the test, it may be useful to practice with their materials before taking the test. The personality test is looking out for the big Five Personalities (Opennness,conscientiousness,extraversion/extroversion,agreeableness and neurotism). Please remember New Zealand's time zone is about 11 hours ahead of the time in Nigeria.
All the best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 11:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Any one has an idea about the NZDS selection process and how long it will take before they get back to us after GCATA test? What next after here? Pls help a brother out.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by DawnEden(m): 1:39am On Jul 22, 2016
seandragz:
Any one has an idea about the NZDS selection process and how long it will take before they get back to us after GCATA test? What next after here? Pls help a brother out.
Interview!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 10:50am On Jul 27, 2016
Hallo guys. Has any one received any information from NZDS after completing the GCATA test. I completed the test same day they send it. The following day they replied saying shortly they will send an email with a link to a 40 minute test which will take two weeks to complete.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by DawnEden(m): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
shapirorue:
Hallo guys. Has any one received any information from NZDS after completing the GCATA test. I completed the test same day they send it. The following day they replied saying shortly they will send an email with a link to a 40 minute test which will take two weeks to complete.
When did u receive the mail
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
shapirorue:

I received my Assessment (GCATA n Personality test) mail a day before they sent the Shortlist outcome mail. It was later I realized the Assessment mail was in my Spam. After the deadline the only mail I received was to inform of ' deadline of test submission'. And your application being declined if you didn't take the test. Hope they don't keep us waiting that long tho.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 7:13am On Jul 28, 2016
I also received the same email notifying me of the deadline of test submission. I hope so too that they dont make us wait long.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by barth1987: 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
Let's stay hopeful as regards to the New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS) board by the first week of August that should get to us.

I wish is all here success in the selection process.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hie guys. Has anyone been contacted by NZDS yet?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by guiddoti: 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
okesammie:
Hello Dinlin, solomon carter and whoever knows about PhD in Newzealand, My name is samuel and i need you to advise me on what to do regarding what i will be posting below.

I have a master's degree in mech. eng. from UI and with a CGPA of 5.61 of 7 (PhD grade). I got an offer of place at UoA in januray this year but there was no fund since i was not given a scholarship. I planned to get a job, save and reapply. I got a job and i got another offer few days ago but without scholarship again. See mail below.

Dear Samuel Okeleye,

Your application for registration as a doctoral candidate at the University of Auckland has been reviewed by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Board of Graduate Studies, and we are happy to inform you that your registration has been approved.

Your proposed thesis title is "Micro-compressor for an Ultra Micro Gas Turbine.".

You were considered for a University of Auckland Doctoral Scholarship. However, as a result of a high number of exceptional candidates, we cannot offer you this particular scholarship.

We realise this is disappointing, and although we are unable to offer you this award, we very much encourage you to investigate the wide range of other scholarships available at the University of Auckland. For further information on scholarships, visit www.auckland.ac.nz\scholarships.

Having worked for couple of months, i lost my job but i have only been able to save 400k. I am married and my wife works with an IT firm.

My questions are, is there a way i can get a scholarship elsewhere? If not, Is it worth risking if i decide to get money for tuition and living within the first one month and believe that i would get a job to take care of subsequent expenses? How much is sufficient to take care of all expenses if i am thinking of entering with my wife considering the fall in naira value?
please, did you only upload your transcript or asked the school to send it.? was it both, Bsc n Msc, transcripts you submitted. I wrote to one lecturer for supervision, and he asked for both my bsc n msc, including my msc topic to post graduate school.

If you can Google New Zealand gov scholarship, you can get available scholarship, though, I have no idea about it
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 1:34am On Aug 02, 2016
okesammie:

Dear Samuel Okeleye,

I dont want to discourage you but will tell you the bitter truth. With the fall of Naira, 400k would be about 1500nzd or thereabout and I doubt if its enough to show as evidence of financial support. The combined flight ticket for you and your wife is more than 3k dollars. Your wife may be able to get a work visa under your visa but it's hard getting anything as most employers will ask for local experience...she may find work but will take time I believe. Auckland is very expensive. You may need to use google to search for scholarships or unis that offer one in your field. A budget of 10k dollars after ticket fare should do and be aware with the current Nigerian government restrictions on overseas transactions. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.