Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210440 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peterbell: 5:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
hello to u guys who took the online test, while reading from the NZDS website i found out this and i don't know how true this is:

Selection Process
Applications will be reviewed by the New Zealand Government and assessed for admission to the institution you have selected. Short listed candidates may be required to undertake aptitude testing and undergo a telephone interview.
You will be notified if you will be undertaking aptitude testing. All candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application by October 2017
Does it mean selected candidates gonna wait for more than a year ?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
I believe they made a mistake.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by generalbush(m): 8:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
dinlin:

I dont want to discourage you but will tell you the bitter truth. With the fall of Naira, 400k would be about 1500nzd or thereabout and I doubt if its enough to show as evidence of financial support. The combined flight ticket for you and your wife is more than 3k dollars. Your wife may be able to get a work visa under your visa but it's hard getting anything as most employers will ask for local experience...she may find work but will take time I believe. Auckland is very expensive. You may need to use google to search for scholarships or unis that offer one in your field. A budget of 10k dollars after ticket fare should do and be aware with the current Nigerian government restrictions on overseas transactions. All the best.

Hello bro, I applied for a language(English) course of 20 weeks... My plan is extend it for another lengthy period so as to reach the threshold. Before thinking of applying for PR.

Will the proof of funding account be opened in my name? or can I show them my sponsor's acct?

How much does it take to process visa and how long!

What is the minimum amount to have in the account.

Since it is a language course,(English) I don't need much wahala. According to my Academic Advisor..

Please reply me pls...
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
peterbell:
hello to u guys who took the online test, while reading from the NZDS website i found out this and i don't know how true this is:

Selection Process
Applications will be reviewed by the New Zealand Government and assessed for admission to the institution you have selected. Short listed candidates may be required to undertake aptitude testing and undergo a telephone interview.
You will be notified if you will be undertaking aptitude testing. All candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application by October 2017
Does it mean selected candidates gonna wait for more than a year ?

Probably they meant October 2016.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 7:48am On Aug 03, 2016
Has anyone checked the status of their application on the scholarship.force.com site of NZDS?

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by DawnEden(m): 11:01am On Aug 03, 2016
seandragz:
Has anyone checked the status of their application on the scholarship.force.com site of NZDS?
What's there?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peterbell: 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
kk then that will be fine

Probably they meant October 2016.[/quote]
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 6:35am On Aug 05, 2016
Hie guys. My status is saying declined. What does this mean?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 6:41am On Aug 05, 2016
This is what i found in my profile at scholarship force.com: Applications for the 2016 New Zealand Scholarships intake are now closed . Late applications will not be accepted. If you have already submitted an application, we will let you know whether you have been short-listed for the next stage of the selection process by the end of July. Please note that we will not be able to update you on the progress of your application until then.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 7:17am On Aug 05, 2016
Anyone with me, just got a mail from New Zealand scholarship that my application have advanced to the next round..... which is a detailed assessment of my application....

Am feeling so happy now... smiley smiley

Baba God I owe you everything. Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 9:21am On Aug 05, 2016
shapirorue:
Hie guys. My status is saying declined. What does this mean?

You know I'm confused. I got the same status changed to 'Declined'"... undecided
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 9:23am On Aug 05, 2016
bikerboy1:
Anyone with me, just got a mail from New Zealand scholarship that my application have advanced to the next round..... which is a detailed assessment of my application....

I got this mail on 08/07/16 after the Assessment(07/07/16) mail and I don't know why my profile status has changed to 'Declined'.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 9:48am On Aug 05, 2016
seandragz:

I got this mail on 08/07/16 after the Assessment(07/07/16) mail and I don't know why my profile status has changed to 'Declined'.

If I understand you well, you are saying that the above Mail I got this morning, you received thesame mail last month (8/7/2016) but now your status is showing declined?

Did you receive any mail from them between yesterday and today, If not just relax and be hopeful.

Tell me how you checked you status and saw "Declined" cuz I have not done that.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2016
bikerboy1:

If I understand you well, you are saying that the above Mail I got this morning, you received thesame mail last month (8/7/2016) but now your status is showing declined?

Did you receive any mail from them between yesterday and today, If not just relax and be hopeful.

Tell me how you checked you status and saw "Declined" cuz I have not done that.

Yeah I received that mail last month. No mail this week.

https://scholarship.force.com/communitylandingpage .. scroll to the end and You login with your RealMe account
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
This is what I received the day after I completed the reasoning and personality test:

We are pleased to advise that you have successfully moved forward to the next stage of the selection process which is an online abstract reasoning test (GCATA) and online personality test (Perspectives). We will send an email shortly with a link to the tests.
The tests will only be available for you to complete for 14 days and we advise you to complete them as soon as possible. The tests require an internet connection, an up to date web browser, and take between 30 and 40 minutes to complete. The testing website contains instructions on how to complete the test.

If you have any issues with accessing the test, please contact us as soon as possible through our online enquiry form:

https://scholarship.force.com/CommunityFAEnquiry
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
To check your status google scholarship.com
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
To check your status visit https:// scholarship .force.com .
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by doziej84: 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
my status shows "submitted".

anyone on the same page?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by barth1987: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
My status shows declined , but no mail in respect to this status.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 4:36am On Aug 06, 2016
generalbush:

Hello bro, I applied for a language(English) course of 20 weeks... My plan is extend it for another lengthy period so as to reach the threshold. Before thinking of applying for PR.

Will the proof of funding account be opened in my name? or can I show them my sponsor's acct?

How much does it take to process visa and how long!

What is the minimum amount to have in the account.

Since it is a language course,(English) I don't need much wahala. According to my Academic Advisor..

Please reply me pls...

Do not be deceived!!! you can not get a PR by studying English in NZ. I advice you save all the money you want to use in coming to NZ.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 5:03am On Aug 06, 2016
doziej84:

my status shows "submitted".

anyone on the same page?

Have you got any mail this week from them?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 5:04am On Aug 06, 2016
bikerboy1:

Were you able to access your profile?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 5:40am On Aug 06, 2016
seandragz:

Were you able to access your profile?

I did not check.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peterbell: 7:53am On Aug 06, 2016
hi guys what i understand in this NZDS is that, the selection is being done by the different universities u choose when applying on behalf of the NZ gov't, so that is why we can not receive mails at the same time and it seems as if the mails we receive are different from each other as well.
And please comrades i will like to know the meaning of "decline" with respect to ones status when u log in the real me
thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dima10(f): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2016
My status shows "submitted" but I don't remember it was different before...

I think what matters is the "letter of offer" section.

Has any of you guys received any mail of acceptance ?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peterbell: 8:37am On Aug 06, 2016
Dima10:

The issue is that at first it was showing submitted but now some ple now have decline
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dima10(f): 11:08am On Aug 06, 2016
peterbell:

The issue is that at first it was showing submitted but now some ple now have decline

Aha I see,,, well let's hope for the best smiley
I am actually from Jordan and found this blog by chance while looking for some news from the NZDS... I can't find Jordanian fellows and I am really nervous about the results...
Wishing all of you best of luck cheesy

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
Dima10:

Did you write the Abstract reasoning and personality test?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dima10(f): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
bikerboy1:

Did you write the Abstract reasoning and personality test?

Yes I did... I had till the end of July 27 to complete the tests.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sheks0428(m): 10:08am On Aug 07, 2016
If u guys could remeber d last message that was sent to us that if u hv written your test ignore the decline message but if not that means ur application has been declined for real. I want u all to ignore the decline status if truly u hv written urs. Note the next phase is an interview through a phone call. So be calm and ready.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by davide470(m): 12:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sheks0428:
If u guys could remeber d last message that was sent to us that if u hv written your test ignore the decline message but if not that means ur application has been declined for real. I want u all to ignore the decline status if truly u hv written urs. Note the next phase is an interview through a phone call. So be calm and ready.
Any idea on what the phone interview might entails?

As Bikerboy1 said, a mail was sent 2 days ago stating that my application has been moved to the next stage, same wordings as the first mail sent before the GCATA test. It might have been a technical glitch or an actual success mail. Only time will tell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.