Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210887 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2016
The email i received after i took the first GCATA test indicated that i was supposed to take another test this time a 40minute one unlike the first one which was 12min. Probably the interview will then follow.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2016
shapirorue:
The email i received after i took the first GCATA test indicated that i was supposed to take another test this time a 40minute one unlike the first one which was 12min. Probably the interview will then follow.

You guys know we are the first batch going through this whole pilot phase by NZ MFAT right? The online application platform and the Testing platform. I have done my own research on this. Will get back shortly...
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
seandragz:

You guys know we are the first batch going through this whole pilot phase by NZ MFAT right? The online application platform and the Testing platform. I mean before you apply to the university first and they submit the application on your behalf. I have done my own research on this. Will get back shortly...
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peterbell: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
To me what i understand in the whole issue is that the selection is being done by the university u choose in ur application on behalf of the NZ gov't , that is the reason why we can not have the same mails and at the same time, cuz for me since i wrote the test i have not received any mail to know if i have moved to the next stage or not, i don't know if there is any one in the house who is having that same issue?
God be our helper
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
davide470:
Any idea on what the phone interview might entails?

As Bikerboy1 said, a mail was sent 2 days ago stating that my application has been moved to the next stage, same wordings as the first mail sent before the GCATA test. It might have been a technical glitch or an actual success mail. Only time will tell.

for the benefit of doubt, this is the exact mail that was sent on the 5th of Aug. I remember earlier on this thread someone shared an info, "that we will be contacted by first week of August. I guess that was what they just did.
But I am still surprised that non of us here, have confirmed receiving similar mail this first week of August.

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peterbell: 8:02pm On Aug 07, 2016
i think the whole issue is confusing now because some people had this mail since on the 8th of july and they were also told they will call them soon. These NZ guys need to do things in a uniform manner
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 8:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
If we are to go by the process stated by this website ( https://www.udsm.ac.tz/sites/default/files/New%20Zealand%20Development%20Scholarships%20Information%20-%202017_0.pdf ). Isn't it how this is supposed to go.
I presume it's only after getting shortlisted that one is supposed to write the Test n undergo Interview. What is this whole 'initial screening' thing again? Sounds weird.

PS. Ignore the October 2017 (rather October 2016)

And I'd like to inform you guys from my research that the whole online platform is not really being handled by MFAT but rather an IT consulting firm known as Davanti Consulting running the salesforce.com (scholarship.force.com). My enquiries get replied by one marilie.pedro@davanti.co.nz (but it has a header of New Zealand scholarship). If there should be any glitches, it should be coming from this IT firm. And hope the general selection outcome is not compromised by a system error.

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Adetolababs: 2:14am On Aug 08, 2016
bikerboy1:
Anyone with me, just got a mail from New Zealand scholarship that my application have advanced to the next round..... which is a detailed assessment of my application....

Am feeling so happy now... smiley smiley

Baba God I owe you everything. Thanks

Got the same email. I really pray the interview turns out well.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Collineno: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2016
Adetolababs:

it is not yet time for interview, they just want to take a due diligence on our application. we will be notified if we are qualified for the interview.
let's just keep hoping and praying lipsrsealed
Adetolababs:

it is not yet time for interview, they just want to take a due diligence on our application. we will be notified if we are qualified for the interview.
let's just keep hoping and praying
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2016
I made an enquiry concerning the e-mail below, asking why i haven't received the second test aand why my status is saying 'declined'

Thank you for your recent application for a New Zealand Scholarship.

We are pleased to advise that you have successfully moved forward to the next stage of the selection process which is an online abstract reasoning test (GCATA) and online personality test (Perspectives). We will send an email shortly with a link to the tests.

The tests will only be available for you to complete for 14 days and we advise you to complete them as soon as possible. The tests require an internet connection, an up to date web browser, and take between 30 and 40 minutes to complete. The testing website contains instructions on how to complete the test.

If you have any issues with accessing the test, please contact us as soon as possible through our online enquiry form:

BELOW IS THE RESPONSE I GOT FROM THEM:

Thank you for your enquiry. The two tests are under the same link, on completion of the first test you are automatically taken to the second test.

An email was recently sent informing you of the outcome of your application. Regrettably your application was unsuccessful. Please note that this decision is final, and we are unable to provide you with further details.

Thank you for the time and effort you have invested in your application. We appreciate your interest in the New Zealand Aid Programme and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Yours sincerely,

Scholarships Team

New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Some thing is not right about this application process. The e-mail I got had a link only to one online test and later they sent me another e-mail informing me that I had moved to the next stage of the selection process and that they were going to sent me another e-mail with a link to the the second test which they never did. Afther enquiring about the second test, the above response is what i got. I believe that all those with a decline on their status enquire what that means using this link:https://scholarship.force.com/CommunityFAEnquiry
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2016
@Shapirorue There is nothing like a second test bro. It was an automated message sent to all of us but the Assessment mail came before the Selection Test mail which is the main issue.

But did you have any issue taking the Test ( GCATA n Personality) ?)

BTW why will you get a mail initially that your application was successful and now after enquiry you get informed that it is unsuccessful??

Unless they wanna say they are selecting those who 'passed' the Test now for Interview

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peterbell: 10:36am On Aug 08, 2016
The whole issue is confusing, there are some people who got the next stage mail before the abstract reasoning test, others got the mail after the test, others have not received any mail after the test but their status are still showing submitted in fact the whole thing is confusing
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sheks0428(m): 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2016
@bikerboy1.....i got the same message on the 8th of july. Maybe it was due to the different universities we applied for. What is the name of ur proposed university.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2016
I applied to Massey university.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
Sheks0428:
@bikerboy1.....i got the same message on the 8th of july. Maybe it was due to the different universities we applied for. What is the name of ur proposed university.

Uni of Waikato. What of you?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
After receiving the e-mail below I took a 12 minute online abstract reasoning test (GCATA) and untimed personality test, that was on 07/07/16 and on 08/07/16 they sent me an e-mail saying I had moved to the next stage which is a 40 minute online abstract reasoning test (GCATA) and untimed personality test

Thank you for your application for a New Zealand Scholarship.

All applications have now been through an initial screening process due to large volumes of applications, and in accordance with the New Zealand Scholarship selection criteria.

We are pleased to advise that you have successfully moved forward to the next stage of the selection process which is an online abstract reasoning test (GCATA) and online personality test (Perspectives).

This email contains a link for you to complete these assessments. The link is valid until the end of the day on 21/07/2016 (New Zealand Time Zone) after which you will no longer be able to take the assessments. We recommend that you complete your assessments as soon as possible.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by doziej84: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
seandragz:

Have you got any mail this week from them?

yeah, got a mail on the August 5th saying I've moved to the next stage.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by doziej84: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
seandragz:

Have you got any mail this week from them?

yeah, got a mail on August 5th saying I've moved onto the next stage.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bikerboy1(m): 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
doziej84:

yeah, got a mail on August 5th saying I've moved onto the next stage.

The message you got is it the same with the one I posted above.

NB. Which Uni did you applied to?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sheks0428(m): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
@bikerboy. Lincoln university. Also have you recently checked ur status on scholarship.force.com
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Collineno: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
did anyone who received the recent mail sent on August 5 got a decline profile status? undecideddid anyone who received the recent mail sent on August 5 got a decline profile status?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by doziej84: 12:57am On Aug 09, 2016
bikerboy1:

The message you got is it the same with the one I posted above.
NB. Which Uni did you applied to?

yes, same message.

Applied to Auckland
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by adeyinka09: 7:59am On Aug 09, 2016
Collineno:
did anyone who received the recent mail sent on August 5 got a decline profile status? undecideddid anyone who received the recent mail sent on August 5 got a decline profile status?
doziej84:

yeah, got a mail on the August 5th saying I've moved to the next stage.
I received mail on the 5th of august that I have moved to the next phase of the selection exercise
I checked my profile on scholarship force.com on the same day and it displayed submitted. Unfortunately, yesterday I check to discover it has been changed to declined. I hereby urge all that received the same message to check their profile on scholarship force.com to know where they belong and update the house. Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sheks0428(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2016
This decline issue is a general thing. From the last message we got, if u hv written ur test, ignore the decline message but if not ur application has been declined for real. Pls, be ready for your phone interview in the next two months or so.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by memfh: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
Collineno:

Hi guys, here is what happened with me: I got the online test notification email on July 7th, the day after it I received two emails about the short listing outcome, one of them stating that I successfully moved forward to the next stage which is online abstract reasoning test (GCATA) and online personality test (Perspectives). The other one was stating that my application was successfully progressed to the next stage of the selection process, which is a detailed assessment of my application.

A week later I took the online tests, and like you all waited for outcome, I checked my profile at scholarship.force.com and I found my application status changed into "declined", I know it was set to "submitted" before I took the test, so I got disappointed and thought it was over.

later on August 5th, I received another mail, stating that my application was successfully progressed to the next stage of the selection process, which is a detailed assessment of my application, the same wording as the one received on July 7th.

I double checked my profile application status, it was changed again to submitted.

Hope this could help clear some confusion, and guys please be optimistic, the application status most probably is not relevant, I had it changed twice into declined then submitted again.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Sholy29ice: 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
memfh:

Hi guys, here is what happened with me: I got the online test notification email on July 7th, the day after it I received two emails about the short listing outcome, one of them stating that I successfully moved forward to the next stage which is online abstract reasoning test (GCATA) and online personality test (Perspectives). The other one was stating that my application was successfully progressed to the next stage of the selection process, which is a detailed assessment of my application.

A week later I took the online tests, and like you all waited for outcome, I checked my profile at scholarship.force.com and I found my application status changed into "declined", I know it was set to "submitted" before I took the test, so I got disappointed and thought it was over.

later on August 5th, I received another mail, stating that my application was successfully progressed to the next stage of the selection process, which is a detailed assessment of my application, the same wording as the one received on July 7th.

I double checked my profile application status, it was changed again to submitted.

Hope this could help clear some confusion, and guys please be optimistic, the application status most probably is not relevant, I had it changed twice into declined then submitted again.

so you're saying your profile is still submitted? .....which university?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shapirorue: 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
How come when i enquired they send me a letter saying that my application was unsuccessful since i did not complete the the online test of which i did complete the the test. I'm still confused
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by adeyinka09: 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
memfh:

I experienced all u wrote here except the decline status which I recently noticed.i hope that will change soon Jah's willing.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by davide470(m): 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
shapirorue:
How come when i enquired they send me a letter saying that my application was unsuccessful since i did not complete the the online test of which i did complete the the test. I'm still confused
Bruv, you have completed all the tests needed. There is nothing like 40mins test. The 12 mins you used for the GCATA was tagged as 30-40mins estimates by them.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by memfh: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sholy29ice:

so you're saying your profile is still submitted? .....which university?

Yes it is, till now at least.

Victoria University
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Dima10(f): 8:13am On Aug 10, 2016
What if I haven't received anything yet ? Since the 27th of July, I received nothing at all and this last mail was for informing me that my "selection testing" has ended saying exactly this:
"Please note that the period for you to complete your online abstract reasoning and online personality tests as part of the selection process for a New Zealand Scholarship has now ended. If you have already completed your test, thank you, and you may ignore this message.

If you have not completed the test we regret to inform you that your application for a scholarship has now been declined. We appreciate your interest in the New Zealand Aid Programme and wish you all the best in your future endeavours."

My status is still "submitted" but I'm a bit confused I did not receive any new emails like most of you guys did.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by seandragz(m): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2016
Dima10:
What if I haven't received anything yet ? Since the 27th of July, I received nothing at all and this last mail was for informing me that my "selection testing" has ended saying exactly this:
"Please note that the period for you to complete your online abstract reasoning and online personality tests as part of the selection process for a New Zealand Scholarship has now ended. If you have already completed your test, thank you, and you may ignore this message.

If you have not completed the test we regret to inform you that your application for a scholarship has now been declined. We appreciate your interest in the New Zealand Aid Programme and wish you all the best in your future endeavours."

My status is still "submitted" but I'm a bit confused I did not receive any new emails like most of you guys did.

This is more like a generic automated mail they send out because my analysis indicate the podium platform in which we took our test is not linked to the salesforce (scholarship.force.com) platform. Thereby you ignore if you believe you have taken the test unless otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (51) (Reply)

On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.