Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,521 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (211106 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by thebest1210(m): 10:25am On Aug 11, 2017
Good morning nlders,
Please, I am greatly disturbed. I applied for a New Zealand student visa. Paid the application fee, using my naira master card. I was directed to send my passport and a handling fee to South Africa. The handling fee could be paid through local bank transfer to their account in SA, or by credit/ debit card, in which you will have to send your card details. I opted for the latter.
Few days later, I received a mail that my card payment was unsuccessful, even though I had enough money in my account. I sent another card details of another account, same problem. I then pleaded with them to give me time to open a dollar account and do the transfer, they obliged. But, Ecobank messed me up and delayed the whole process. The people in charge couldn't wait any longer, so they had to send the passport to immigration New Zealand for processing without the handling fee. My passport has already been verified and returned to me.
My question is this, Will my inability to pay the handling fee affect the visa decision?
Please, who has ever been in this situation, help me out on what happened and how you were able to rectify the problem.
I'm really worried and confused.
Thank you very much.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ejemehn(m): 11:38am On Aug 11, 2017
thebest1210:
Good morning nlders,
Please, I am greatly disturbed. I applied for a New Zealand student visa. Paid the application fee, using my naira master card. I was directed to send my passport and a handling fee to South Africa. The handling fee could be paid through local bank transfer to their account in SA, or by credit/ debit card, in which you will have to send your card details. I opted for the latter.
Few days later, I received a mail that my card payment was unsuccessful, even though I had enough money in my account. I sent another card details of another account, same problem. I then pleaded with them to give me time to open a dollar account and do the transfer, they obliged. But, Ecobank messed me up and delayed the whole process. The people in charge couldn't wait any longer, so they had to send the passport to immigration New Zealand for processing without the handling fee. My passport has already been verified and returned to me.
My question is this, Will my inability to pay the handling fee affect the visa decision?
Please, who has ever been in this situation, help me out on what happened and how you were able to rectify the problem.
I'm really worried and confused.
Thank you very much.

They returned your passport. Meaning you already got the visa right?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by thebest1210(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2017
Ejemehn:

They returned your passport. Meaning you already got the visa right?

No. They only issue electronic visa (through email). Collection of the passport is just for verification.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ejemehn(m): 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2017
thebest1210:

No. They only issue electronic visa (through email). Collection of the passport is just for verification.

Yea I know they only give e-visa. If they already issued you visa I guess you don't have any problem. But if you've got a contact in SA I'd advise you make the payment.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by femijck(m): 12:07am On Aug 12, 2017
Question is have u gotten the e-visa yet? And where is ur passport?
The role of VFS is to make sure you're submitting the right document and hand it over to INZ....if u have gotten the visa, contact the VFS staff you've been mailing before and ask for what you're suppose to do. But I don't VFS will release your passport without receiving the payment.
I had d same problem with card then until I resolved to using a foreign card.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by thebest1210(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2017
femijck:
Question is have u gotten the e-visa yet? And where is ur passport?
The role of VFS is to make sure you're submitting the right document and hand it over to INZ....if u have gotten the visa, contact the VFS staff you've been mailing before and ask for what you're suppose to do. But I don't VFS will release your passport without receiving the payment.
I had d same problem with card then until I resolved to using a foreign card.

Thanks for your comment.
I haven't received the evisa yet. Was told that my visa application is in process (will let me know the decision shortly) . But, my passport has been returned to me, after it has been authenticated.
So, I don't really know what to do now, as VFS has already released the passport to me. Again, don't know if it will affect my visa decision.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ejemehn(m): 8:54am On Aug 12, 2017
thebest1210:

Thanks for your comment.
I haven't received the evisa yet. Was told that my visa application is in process (will let me know the decision shortly) . But, my passport has been returned to me, after it has been authenticated.
So, I don't really know what to do now, as VFS has already released the passport to me. Again, don't know if it will affect my visa decision.

Bro I think you should relax. Inability to pay passport handling fee is not one of the condition for visa approval. If you've met all conditions for the student visa, your visa will be approved.
Once again.......inability to pay passport handling fee is not one of the condition for visa approval. Ponder on this bro and just relax
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by thebest1210(m): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2017
Ejemehn:

Bro I think you should relax. Inability to pay passport handling fee is not one of the condition for visa approval. If you've met all conditions for the student visa, your visa will be approved.
Once again.......inability to pay passport handling fee is not one of the condition for visa approval. Ponder on this bro and just relax

Thanks bro
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by femijck(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2017
It won't affect once u meet up with d requirements of ur visa...VFS can't influence visa decision either good or bad....they are 2 different body

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by thebest1210(m): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
femijck:
It won't affect once u meet up with d requirements of ur visa...VFS can't influence visa decision either good or bad....they are 2 different body

Thank you very much.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by bigheadday: 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
liliberth:
Hello house,
Please what are the chances of getting a study visa from New Zealand after a rejection from Australia for study too but on the basis of not enough money.
@liliberth and other gurus in the house, please what amount of bank account balance can one submit to embassy for a student visa? I intend applying next week and please what is the best way for paying for the visa fee from Nigeria? I wish to do a bank transfer from my GTB naira account. Pls anyone with idea about this should help.

Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by IstandWitBuhari: 2:46am On Aug 13, 2017
solomoncater:
Please if you know anyone interested in having a PhD degree in Civil Engineering who is passionate about Composite materials in fire. Inbox me ASAP as there could be funding provided for you.

Good morning Sir. I'm impressed following all your intelligent response on this wonderful thread.
Please I will be very happy if you can be of help to me.
I just completed my M.Eng Civil Engineering in Materials & Construction Management at UNN.
I'm interested in furthering to PhD and I wish to know if there could be funding in any area of research.
Consequent upon the message you sent above , Yes I'm interested in composite materials and I will be glad if you can help me with the necessary information that can aid me in getting the funding. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by IstandWitBuhari: 8:12am On Aug 13, 2017
bikerboy1:
Anyone with me, just got a mail from New Zealand scholarship that my application have advanced to the next round..... which is a detailed assessment of my application....

Am feeling so happy now... smiley smiley

Baba God I owe you everything. Thanks

Please Bro. Which scholarship did you get ?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by IstandWitBuhari: 6:18am On Aug 14, 2017
louis44rhema:
I applied for a PhD directly. Firstly you need to check out the school web page and I know their requirements. For, university of Canterbury you need a supervisor first before you proceed for application because he/she must be part of the reviewer of your application process. What I did in mine was I checked for a supervisor that have the interest of research so I sent her a mail (email). It wasn't easy but check their recent publications and know what they have don't in terms of research innovation. Them suggest it and they might like it. So she/he might ask for your proposal which comprises of suggested title, Brief background, aim/objectives, material and methodology and reference.

Congratulations dear. Please I will be grateful if you will be kind enough to forward the proposal you sent to your supervisor so I can as well see how to prepare a PhD proposal as I'm also interested in a PhD in Civil Engineering. Thanks my mail is chigozie.okafor@unn.edu.ng
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 6:59am On Aug 14, 2017
louis44rhema:
PhD research is an independent research and in NZ universities u need a very good MSc. and a research experience. However, my advice for you is to also consider Australian universities I am expecting some admission letters from some schools there. You can apply for MRes i.e. Master by research with your CGPA and if you have at least One international journal you will be qualified for a full scholarship. I Wish you the best.
ok.thank you for replying. please wat of if I have one publication under academia.edu and another in my departmental journal?I'll that boost my chance.I v been trying to get my lecturer help me publish in Intl journal but no show.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by jelmusboy(m): 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hello House.

I got a PhD admission at the University of Otago but I was not awarded any scholarship.

Does anyone know any scholarship I can apply for and if not, is it possible for me to differ my admission?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by liliberth: 9:23am On Aug 22, 2017
Please New Zealand schools do you first pay a year tuition or a semester tuition to start?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Kojoboy: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2017
From All the other comments from page 0, it seems that u have to pay for a full year unlike Australia that just needs one semester payment. Infact UC says pay all your fees in full so i am guessing its for the whole year or years.(I might be misunderstanding this part) Please check your school's website and immigration website too. Also, your thesis adverser can always advice u on documents u may need for visa application (if you have a good rapport).

liliberth:
Please New Zealand schools do you first pay a year tuition or a semester tuition to start?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2017
jelmusboy:
Hello House.

I got a PhD admission at the University of Otago but I was not awarded any scholarship.

Does anyone know any scholarship I can apply for and if not, is it possible for me to differ my admission?

Check the university scholarship page!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2017
liliberth:

You have to pay a full year fees, after which the university will issue a letter of enrollment. The letter is one of the documents required for visa application.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by liliberth: 6:48am On Aug 27, 2017
cconcept:

You have to pay a full year fees, after which the university will issue a letter of enrollment. The letter is one of the documents required for visa application.

Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by PNZD: 12:31am On Aug 29, 2017
Yeah we can. I'm in the CBD..just lemmi know.

femijck:
@PNZD
Cheers man....we can hook up someday when d sky is clear enough....Im in West Auckland..enjoy new Zealand
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 3:51am On Aug 29, 2017
PNZD:
Yeah we can. I'm in the CBD..just lemmi know.

Where are the Nigerians in Auckland o! We arrived 2 weeks ago

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by shondej: 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
Hello nairalander, pls I want to travel to new zealand thru visitation. Can anyone brief me on how to go about it. What's d duration of visa they give. I appreciate ur response. tnk u
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 9:14am On Aug 31, 2017
Anyone can give details about the interview stage for NZDS?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by futureenergy: 10:30am On Aug 31, 2017
Tigernew:
Anyone can give details about the interview stage for NZDS?
Thanks

But they gave details of the interview in their mail earlier today. Except of course date and time.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2017
futureenergy:

But they gave details of the interview in their mail earlier today. Except of course date and time.

So it will be exactly as described in the email?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by omoyasobur(m): 7:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hello house, i am now at the interview stage of the new zealand development scholarship. Is anyone with me?...I will really apreciate if our scholars in new zealand can enlighten me. thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by futureenergy: 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
omoyasobur:
Hello house, i am now at the interview stage of the new zealand development scholarship. Is anyone with me?...I will really apreciate if our scholars in new zealand can enlighten me. thanks

MFAT gave all the enlightenment needed in their mails. They specified what they are looking for. I've concluded mine already.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 3:29am On Sep 12, 2017
futureenergy:

MFAT gave all the enlightenment needed in their mails. They specified what they are looking for. I've concluded mine already.

You have done your interview? How did it go?
Wish you best of luck
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by futureenergy: 10:09am On Sep 12, 2017
Tigernew:

You have done your interview? How did it go? Wish you best of luck
Yes, I did mine few days ago. It went well. Thanks for your wishes.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by daudakarimou4: 11:07am On Sep 12, 2017
Hı bro
Hope your interview went well. Please I wish to learn a few things from you if you don't mind
1) was it a video link or a phone call?
2) How much time did they give you from the point when they sent you the date and time to the interview proper
I still haven't received my time and date for the interview. Thanks very much and best of luck to us all

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (51) (Reply)

On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.