Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210625 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 11:29am On Sep 19, 2017
Anyone has an idea about how much is the living allowance (stipend) paid per week?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cutieme(m): 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

You done land here? shocked So na every country you wan migrate go grin This moniker is hilarious
I'm looking for the best place with the surest way,get that into your irrational skull!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
cutieme:
I'm looking for the best place with the surest way!

Lol for how many years na?From Liberia or Abhijan your dream can come true, go there first and hustle grin
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cutieme(m): 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol for how many years na?From Liberia or Abhijan your dream can come true, go there first and hustle grin
Thanks but no thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Kojoboy: 8:57am On Sep 20, 2017
Guys, anyone of you that just got phd admissions or are already enrolled, Is any of you studying psychology? i'm having a little delay in getting supervisors. Any help please? I'll like direct linking if its no bother to you.
I know some will come now to advice me on checking the school websites. Yes i have checked, yes i have contacted some. Some havent responded, some have full grad students already so no placement (Different Universities). I have been advised by one of the program coordinators that it helps to talk with already enrolled research students or those who have just gotten admission. So anyone with any helpful advise or recommendations?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 6:38am On Sep 21, 2017
Anyone has an idea about how much is the living allowance (stipend) paid per week for NZDS?
Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by futureenergy: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
Tigernew:
Anyone has an idea about how much is the living allowance (stipend) paid per week for NZDS?
Thanks

You were given opportunity to ask questions during your interview. I wonder why you didn't ask them.

Whatever they pay can sustain a student in their cities. Besides, if you get the award and wish not to take it, you can always reject the offer.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Idss: 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Tigernew:
Thanks

Check the MFAT website .....its there under the scholarship aid.
Well its NZ$480/week + NZ$3000 for accommodation and other stuff. And NZ$1 is equivalent to 260 naira
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
Idss:

Check the MFAT website .....its there under the scholarship aid.
Well its NZ$480/week + NZ$3000 for accommodation and other stuff. And NZ$1 is equivalent to 260 naira

Thanks for your explanation.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
futureenergy:

You were given opportunity to ask questions during your interview. I wonder why you didn't ask them.

Whatever they pay can sustain a student in their cities. Besides, if you get the award and wish not to take it, you can always reject the offer.

I believe this is not quite good way to reply. Even if I didn't ask at the interview, I still have the right to ask later from previous candidates or alumni. If you don't know the answer to my question, you should simply not reply as your reply is not helpful and not professional.
Thanks and good luck for you

8 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by danielarivas: 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
Tigernew:

I believe this is not quite good way to reply. Even if I didn't ask at the interview, I still have the right to ask later from previous candidates or alumni. If you don't know the answer to my question, you should simply not reply as your reply is not helpful and not professional.
Thanks and good luck for you

Hey guys

I understand we are all nervous and excited to hear from MFAT, let's keep it cool and warm and try to cooperate with each other.

One love!

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 4:38am On Sep 22, 2017
danielarivas:

Hey guys

I understand we are all nervous and excited to hear from MFAT, let's keep it cool and warm and try to cooperate with each other.

One love!

Sure bro, Good luck to everyone
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by hausalander: 12:34am On Sep 23, 2017
tuji31:
Hello House.

I need advice on securing accommodation as well as opening a bank account in Auckland.

I got an offer to do my PhD in AUT. I have also been awarded PTDF scholarship.

My challenge is the fact that I will be receiving my first payment from PTDF after I had arrived NZ and opened an account.

Your help and advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

please did you mean that PTDF is sponsoring PhD student to study in New Zealand?
Because I recently got an offer to conduct PhD at UOA but without scholarship.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by nuelsylves(m): 7:15am On Sep 23, 2017
dinlin:
@cconcept, NZ is family friendly, multicultural with maoris(natives), the white majority, asians, pacific islanders and others..most africans are refugees..people party alot here and hav a drinkin problem...an average naija student shuld pass easily as they do more practical hands on training than theory(naija vice versa)...big hiphop culture.lots of jobs dependin on skills, closest neighbour is 3hrs flight away to sydney..stay in cities for job access.. auckland is the largest city n u need a car to get arnd and its right hand drive..sub tropical climate...its winter now in july...hamilton city is good..wellington is windy but nice, avoid christchurch. dunedin is bitter cold but great uni Otago. queenstown if u r into skiing and climbing stuff, Nelson if u love wines..Auckld uni, AUT uni, massey uni, Otago uni, waikato uni..are world recognised..tho they are better in specific courses...eg..otago boast best health programs in Nz...no snakes or wild animals.. u gotta work hard to pay bills...

Please what's your reasons for advising that Christchurch should be avoided?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 7:53am On Sep 23, 2017
nuelsylves:

Please what's your reasons for advising that Christchurch should be avoided?
Majorly because of earthquakes.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by nuelsylves(m): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
cconcept:
Majorly because of earthquakes.
Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Kojoboy: 2:11am On Sep 26, 2017
Kojoboy:
Guys, anyone of you that just got phd admissions or are already enrolled, Is any of you studying psychology? i'm having a little delay in getting supervisors. Any help please? I'll like direct linking if its no bother to you.
I know some will come now to advice me on checking the school websites. Yes i have checked, yes i have contacted some. Some havent responded, some have full grad students already so no placement (Different Universities). I have been advised by one of the program coordinators that it helps to talk with already enrolled research students or those who have just gotten admission. So anyone with any helpful advise or recommendations?

No one can help or advice??
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by hausalander: 10:17am On Sep 28, 2017
Kojoboy:
which University are you applying for.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 11:55am On Sep 28, 2017
Kojoboy:
you will soon get by his grace.but if I may ask,do you have publications already before mailing profs? can someone who has no publication contact a prof for supervision and funding?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Kojoboy: 3:01am On Sep 29, 2017
I have applied to UoA and Victoria Uni Welligton and also Uni Canterbury. Not completely applied yet because i need the supervisor's go ahead first. Hence my problem.
I also send a mail to Massey and Uni of Waikato.

hausalander:

which University are you applying for.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Kojoboy: 3:03am On Sep 29, 2017
Having publications help alot but its not a requirement. Atleast from all i have read from their application requirements on each school's website. I am currently doing my final masters thesis.

chaiks:
you will soon get by his grace.but if I may ask,do you have publications already before mailing profs? can someone who has no publication contact a prof for supervision and funding?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by chaiks: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
Kojoboy:
Having publications help alot but its not a requirement. Atleast from all i have read from their application requirements on each school's website. I am currently doing my final masters thesis.

OK.thanks.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by hausalander: 9:03am On Oct 01, 2017
Kojoboy:
I have applied to UoA and Victoria Uni Welligton and also Uni Canterbury. Not completely applied yet because i need the supervisor's go ahead first. Hence my problem.
I also send a mail to Massey and Uni of Waikato.

As for UOA supervisor is not necessary when you are applying. Just apply after your application pass their admission criteria,the will contact you to choose your supervisor.that is how I myself got the admission
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Collineno: 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
Kojoboy:

Good day, please how's Thesis in New Zealand like? How many years is the program and what is the mood of grading candidates?
Will successful graduates earn Mphil degree or Msc?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 12:59am On Oct 03, 2017
Any updates about the final results for NZDS?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by hellokitty1: 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hi room

Can please the NZDS scholars tell us until when do we need to wait to hear from MFAT?

Any help you can provide will be very much appreciated
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by femijck(m): 12:51am On Oct 04, 2017
PNZD:
Yeah we can. I'm in the CBD..just lemmi know.

I sent u a pm
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by futureenergy: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2017
Based on what the interviewer said, I think there should be some form of outcome before 10th October.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Tigernew: 5:30am On Oct 10, 2017
futureenergy:
Based on what the interviewer said, I think there should be some form of outcome before 10th October.

Anyone notified yet?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by futureenergy: 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
Tigernew:

Anyone notified yet?
Nothing from my end.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by daudakarimou4: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2017
I had my interview on the 27th of September and they told me to expect an outcome in four weeks from then. So I'm expecting some form of outcome between Monday the 30th and Friday the 3rd of November...
Might be later though because I noticed they do things mostly in 6 weeks intervals .

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.