Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next - Forum Games (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next (18586 Views)

Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser / Test Your IQ / My Current Mood In One Word: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by denniece1(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Deiok(m): 6:22am On Sep 24, 2013
Jbluv55: A princess is as old as the prince will be when the
princess is twice the age that the prince was when
the princess's age was half the sum of their present
ages. If the princess is 40 now, how old is the prince?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 6:29am On Sep 24, 2013

The prince is 30 years old.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2013

denniece1: 40
Nope

Deiok:
Tough IQ Questions, remember?

Caracta:

The prince is 30 years old.
Babe you r gud. 30 was the correct answer. Care to share how you arrived at it?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 11:38am On Sep 24, 2013
Jbluv55:
Babe you r gud. 30 was the correct answer. Care to share how you arrived at it?

It's quite long. I used matrix. Don't know how to type it out here. I'm thinking of doing it neatly on a sheet of paper, then post the screenshot here.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
Caracta:

It's quite long. I used matrix. Don't know how to type it out here. I'm thinking of doing it neatly on a sheet of paper, then post the screenshot here.
Never mind. i'll post the solution. Its ur turn to ask.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
If a chicken and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long does it take one chicken to lay a dozen eggs?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Caracta: If a chicken and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long does it take one chicken to lay a dozen eggs?

Where did ♈̲̣̣̥ō̶̲̥̅ϋ̲̣̣̥ get U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣ chicken and a half 4rm...likewise egg?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
don_salvy:

Where did ♈̲̣̣̥ō̶̲̥̅ϋ̲̣̣̥ get U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣ chicken and a half 4rm...likewise egg?

You have a point. However, i need an answer to that question.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
Caracta:

18 days princess or is it queen?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
Caracta:

12 days...if a chicken lays an egg I̶̲̥̅̊n̅ a day...ignoring d halves. So 2 d best of ma thinking, it'z 12 days.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
don_salvy:

12 days...if a chicken lays an egg I̶̲̥̅̊n̅ a day...ignoring d halves. So 2 d best of ma thinking, it'z 12 days.

Your calculation wud make the question quite simple and am guessing that is the trick of the question. But then let the questioner tell us.
Maybe neither of us is even correctgrin
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
Jbluv55:
18 days princess or is it queen?

Correct!

1 chicken will lay 12 eggs in 18 days.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
don_salvy:

Again, you have a point...because there is no half chicken or half egg. It's either you see the glass half empty or half full...it depends on how you view things. Basically, you are not wrong.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
Caracta:

Again, you have a point...because there is no half chicken or half egg. It's either you see the glass half empty or half full...it depends on how you view things. Basically, you are not wrong.

The glass is twice as big as it is supposed to be. May I have your whatsapp or fb or bbm or 2go details?...any of em.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Caracta: If a chicken and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long does it take one chicken to lay a dozen eggs?
Caracta:

Correct!

1 chicken will lay 12 eggs in 18 days.

Let me explain the answer for the benefit of doubt.....
* 1&1/2 chicks lay 1&1/2 eggs in 1&1/2 days
* allowing chicks to remain constant and doubling the days also doubles the eggs
* thus 1&1/2 chicks lay 3 eggs in 3 days
* now keeping the days constant @ 3 and doubling the chicks also doubles the eggs
* thus 3 chicks lay 6 eggs in 3 days
* now still keeping days constant and dividing chicks by 3 should also mean dividing eggs by 3
* thus 1 chick lays 2 eggs in 3 days
* now keeping chicks constant and multiplying eggs by 6 would also mean multiplying days by 6
* thus 1 chick lays 12 eggs in 18 days

2 Likes

Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
don_salvy:

The glass is twice as big as it is supposed to be. May I have your whatsapp or fb or bbm or 2go details?...any of em.

How is the glass twice as big as it is supposed to be?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
Jbluv55:

Let me explain the answer for the benefit of doubt.....
* 1&1/2 chicks lay 1&1/2 eggs in 1&1/2 days
* allowing chicks to remain constant and doubling the days also doubles the eggs
* thus 1&1/2 chicks lay 3 eggs in 3 days
* now keeping the days constant @ 3 and doubling the chicks also doubles the eggs
* thus 3 chicks lay 6 eggs in 3 days
* now still keeping days constant and dividing chicks by 3 should also mean dividing eggs by 3
* thus 1 chick lays 2 eggs in 3 days
* now keeping chicks constant and multiplying eggs by 6 would also mean multiplying days by 6
* thus 1 chick lays 12 eggs in 18 days

Wooooaah! Good!
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
Caracta:

Wooooaah! Good!

**Thanks dear. I was inspired by you I guess. My turn now....... **

One hour after David started walking from X to Y, a
distance of 45 miles, Lisa started walking along the
same road from Y to X. If David’s walking rate was
3 miles per hour and Lisa’s was 4 miles per hour,
how many miles had Lisa walked when they met?
Which one is a correct answer
A) 24
B) 23
C) 22
D) 21
E) 19.5
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
19.5?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
Jbluv55:

**Thanks dear. I was inspired by you I guess. My turn now....... **

One hour after David started walking from X to Y, a
distance of 45 miles, Lisa started walking along the
same road from Y to X. If David’s walking rate was
3 miles per hour and Lisa’s was 4 miles per hour,
how many miles had Lisa walked when they met?
Which one is a correct answer
A) 24
B) 23
C) 22
D) 21
E) 19.5

24 all the way...diz Ȋ̝̊̅§ jamb question and nt an iq nor tough question.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 10:07pm On Sep 24, 2013
Caracta: 19.5?
Nope

don_salvy:

24 all the way...diz Ȋ̝̊̅§ jamb question and nt an iq nor tough question.
LOLgrin you r correct!
Not to woRry, my nxt question won't be a 'JAMB' question.....its gonna be as tough as you want it to becheesy. Now ur turn.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by denniece1(m): 10:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
*passing by*
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
denniece1: *passing by*
What's with the passing by thang?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 25, 2013
A man wanted 2 gate-crash a wedding ceremony. Buh there is a particular question a genuine invitee should be able 2 answer 2 the gate keeper. Here goes the question.

Gate keeper : twelve
1st man on queue : six. ( He was allowed I̶̲̥̅̊n̅)
Gate keeper : six
2nd man on queue : three ( he was allowed I̶̲̥̅̊n̅)

Gate keeper : ten
The gate-crashing man being 3rd on list answered : five.
(But he wasn't allowed I̶̲̥̅̊n̅ and was thrown out)

What do u think he should have said 2 gain his entry?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 8:25am On Sep 25, 2013
Three grin
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2013
Caracta: Three grin

Correct! U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣ turn.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 9:19am On Sep 25, 2013
don_salvy:

Correct! U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣ turn.

There is a house within four walls. Each wall faces south. There is a window in each wall. A bear walks by one of the windows. What colour is the bear and why did you choose that colour?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 9:33am On Sep 25, 2013
Caracta:

There is a house within four walls. Each wall faces south. There is a window in each wall. A bear walks by one of the windows. What colour is the bear and why did you choose that colour?
The bear has got to be white since all the walls of the house are facing south meaning the house is at the north and the bear thus a polar bear.

don_salvy: A man wanted 2 gate-crash a wedding ceremony. Buh there is a particular question a genuine invitee should be able 2 answer 2 the gate keeper. Here goes the question.

Gate keeper : twelve
1st man on queue : six. ( He was allowed I̶̲̥̅̊n̅)
Gate keeper : six
2nd man on queue : three ( he was allowed I̶̲̥̅̊n̅)

Gate keeper : ten
The gate-crashing man being 3rd on list answered : five.
(But he wasn't allowed I̶̲̥̅̊n̅ and was thrown out)

What do u think he should have said 2 gain his entry?

Caracta: Three grin

don_salvy:

Correct! U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣ turn.

Can you pls explain?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Profay11(m): 9:53am On Sep 25, 2013
Jbluv55:

Can you pls explain?
just count the number of letters that makes up the word.. There are 6 letters that make up the word t.w.e.l.v.e.. And three letters form the word t.e.n
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 9:56am On Sep 25, 2013
Jbluv55:
The bear has got to be white since all the walls of the house are facing south meaning the house is at the north and the bear thus a polar bear.

Correct! Your turn grin
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 10:29am On Sep 25, 2013
Profay11: just count the number of letters that makes up the word.. There are 6 letters that make up the word t.w.e.l.v.e.. And three letters form the word t.e.n
Thanks. I guessed that but needed clarification.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Describe An Nl Member In Just One Word / How Many Animals Do You See? / ╚►Team A Vs Team B ◄╝

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.