Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (555730 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 11:00am On Feb 09, 2015
I am becoming increasingly convinced that we have some of the daftest Nigerians as moderators. The front page is a full scale advert of our lack of cerebral capacity.

Types of people you meet at Bank Doors? undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/2137821/types-people-meet-bank-doors

Seun, Nairaland is not a local page. Lots of people see the United States as God's own land, not because it is perfect but because it is portrayed as perfect in all their media. From Hollywood movies to rap music where you never see the abundant obese girls that litter the land, instead you are made to believe that all girls are glamour models.

When our "Nollywood" focuses on showing how evil and corrupt we are and how deeply into ritual practices we are, is it any wonder that we are objects of hate in other African Nations? Why wont they think that the average Nigerian is a ritual murderer waiting to kidnap one of them?

The idiocy on the front page of Nairaland is staggering and keeps increasing. Are you tolerating it because you want to drive traffic or you simply do not care that your people look like dunces to the outside world?

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
jayriginal:
I am becoming increasingly convinced that we have some of the daftest Nigerians as moderators. The front page is a full scale advert of our lack of cerebral capacity.

Types of people you meet at Bank Doors? undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/2137821/types-people-meet-bank-doors

Seun, Nairaland is not a local page. Lots of people see the United States as God's own land, not because it is perfect but because it is portrayed as perfect in all their media. From Hollywood movies to rap music where you never see the abundant obese girls that litter the land, instead you are made to believe that all girls are glamour models.

When our "Nollywood" focuses on showing how evil and corrupt we are and how deeply into ritual practices we are, is it any wonder that we are objects of hate in other African Nations? Why wont they think that the average Nigerian is a ritual murderer waiting to kidnap one of them?

The idiocy on the front page of Nairaland is staggering and keeps increasing. Are you tolerating it because you want to drive traffic or you simply do not care that your people look like dunces to the outside world?

I am in agreement. Some front page topics make me wonder if we are trying to reduce the IQ of nairlanders.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by joseph1832(m): 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I am in agreement. Some front page topics make me wonder if we are trying to reduce the IQ of nairlanders.

I thought I was the only who noticed all the nonsense in the front page!. Any time a particular set of monikers opens a thread a title 10 types of this, 5 types of that, voila! It hits front page!.

The annoying is that all the topics are very myopic coming from the minds of myopic people.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
joseph1832:
I thought I was the only who noticed all the nonsense in the front page!. Any time a particular set of monikers opens a thread a title 10 types of this, 5 types of that, voila! It hits front page!.

The annoying is that all the topics are very myopic coming from the minds of myopic people.

grin grin

Remember when we had to shoot down one of those "ten types of people" threads right here on the religion section? Had we not pointed out the ridiculousness of the op, it would have made front page. Imagine someone opening a thread about "ten types of people you meet in the religion section" without knowing what goes on in the religion section.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 11:06am On Feb 11, 2015
Last night, I was having drinks with a friend who happens to be a medical doctor.

Before he arrived on the scene and joined us, I stated that if only Pastors had some basic knowledge of science, perhaps some damage could be averted. Well my friend comes and somehow revives the conversation and states that evolution is false. He asks how come there are still monkeys if evolution is true.

My right eye still hurts from the facepalm.

3 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 11:25am On Feb 11, 2015
jayriginal:
Last night, I was having drinks with a friend who happens to be a medical doctor.

Before he arrived on the scene and joined us, I stated that if only Pastors had some basic knowledge of science, perhaps some damage could be averted. Well my friend comes and somehow revives the conversation and states that evolution is false. He asks how come there are still monkeys if evolution is true.

I don't think a medical doctor needs to have good knowledge of the theory of evolution, or to even agree with it, in order to do his job well.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
undercat:

I don't think a medical doctor needs to have good knowledge of the theory of evolution, or to even agree with it, in order to do his job well.

No he doesnt.

Thats not even the point. The point is that he IS scientifically inclined/trained. The question he asked can only be asked by someone who has the barest understanding of evolution. That is the point. A doctor who should have extensive knowledge of biology asks a kindergarten question in trying to disprove evolution.

Or would you say a doctor shouldnt have a good knowledge of biology?

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
jayriginal:

No he doesnt.

Thats not even the point. The point is that he IS scientifically inclined/trained. The question he asked can only be asked by someone who has the barest understanding of evolution. That is the point. A doctor who should have extensive knowledge of biology asks a kindergarten question in trying to disprove evolution.

Or would you say a doctor shouldnt have a good knowledge of biology?

Knowwing biology is a must, of course. Even if the doctor's understanding of evolution is zero, however, they can still practice sound(ish) medicine.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 2:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
undercat:

Knowwing biology is a must, of course. Even if the doctor's understanding of evolution is zero, however, they can still practice sound(ish) medicine.

This? Even after I have told you that his practice is not the issue?

Damn!

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
jayriginal:

This? Even after I have told you that his practice is not the issue?

Damn!

My bad. You meant how could somebody who studied biology know so little about evolution. Question for the gods, I guess.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 10:51am On Feb 14, 2015
jayriginal:

not all who studies evolution understands it. Not all why study biology know it.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 24, 2015
Nairaland's gone full retard. The quality of topics on frontpage and the comments are just depressing to read.

Hailings to all my chairmen.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:14am On Feb 24, 2015
musKeeto:
Nairaland's gone full retard. The quality of topics on frontpage and the comments are just depressing to read.

grin

I am guessing that the admin are looking to get traffic and not to promote objective topics
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
musKeeto:

lol..maybe reflecting the state of the country pretty well ;-)
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Seun(m): 3:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
grin

I am guessing that the admin are looking to get traffic and not to promote objective topics
we want both, but we would settle for traffic if forced to choose.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
Seun:

I understand. Nairaland is also a business and not just a forum
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
Seun:
grin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by joseph1832(m): 1:34am On Feb 27, 2015
Seun:
If truly you mean what you say, you should consider moving some threads in sexuality section to front page. For example, this thread www.nairaland.com/1290971/list-out-ashawo-joints-states/348 will blow peoples mind!.

It may even crash Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Asiri1991: 11:30am On Mar 01, 2015
I represent Africanism, the best for every black man.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Asiri1991:
I represent Africanism, the best for every black man.

whats that?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by timmy2409(m): 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
ooman:

whats that?

..the best for every black man. duh
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 6:37am On Mar 02, 2015
timmy2409:

..the best for every black man. duh

what is africanism?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by timmy2409(m): 9:42am On Mar 02, 2015
ooman:

what is africanism?

No idea. Was being silly

Here's what Google thinks
1. a feature of language or culture regarded as characteristically African.
2. the belief that black Africans and their culture should predominate in Africa.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
timmy2409:

No idea. Was being silly

Here's what Google thinks
1. a feature of language or culture regarded as characteristically African.
2. the belief that black Africans and their culture should predominate in Africa.

I know what africanism mean in that sense.

But in here, I thought its a philosophy ....
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by valmunich(m): 10:27pm On Mar 12, 2015
ooman:

I know what africanism mean in that sense.

But in here, I thought its a philosophy ....

Of course it's a philosophy...

Africanism is the centre piece of virtually every African philosophy at the expense of Western influence

Most of our philosophers, Azikiwe, Awolowo, Senghor, Nkrumah and the rest all centred on Africanism
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 8:07am On Mar 13, 2015
valmunich:

Of course it's a philosophy...

Africanism is the centre piece of virtually every African philosophy at the expense of Western influence

Most of our philosophers, Azikiwe, Awolowo, Senghor, Nkrumah and the rest all centred on Africanism

What are its premises.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by beautiano27omo(f): 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2015

LWTMB.... Stop this, am not suppose to comment here. grin grin grin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
Wow! People still comment here.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 6:35am On Mar 19, 2015
texanomaly:
Wow! People still comment here.

And you also did.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
ooman:

And you also did.
Lol...Oops I did it again. tongue
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Billia(m): 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (239) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.