Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (556070 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 9:13am On Jan 09, 2015
musKeeto:
Jayriginal, plaetton, rationalmind, martian and all other fellows, when is frosbel gonna join us? Hopefully before summer cheesy

I think he will stop at deism.

He needs a god.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by LucemFerre: 10:40am On Jan 09, 2015
timonski:
Lol, there is definitely no reason for a nigerian to be an atheist

Hehe... Nahh... Now is the time Nigerians have a lot of reasons to become atheists. There was a day the whole congregation in a church prayed for the country against boko haram, the next day a or some bombs, not sure, exploded and killed more than 500 people... Lot of Christians (or rather christians who think) were like... "WTF!"

Days back we had only political disasters... That wasn't much of a problem compared to 5h|ts like earthquakes, bomb blasts etc. we hear in other countries and so that made us to think God lives on Zuma rock... Hehe

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by LucemFerre: 10:52am On Jan 09, 2015
undercat:

Most the atheists here are nomads who came in from Chad.

Hehe... Blacks are too lazy to think. Like in Plato's allegory of the cave, black people would rather die than peep out. cheesy
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
undercat:

Impeccable taste, huh? Chelsea have only been playing classy football since August last year.

Money is money. The ban will pass soon and it'll be back to business as usual. Messi can leave if he wants. It'll be refreshing to see him in the EPL. I don't see him playing at Chelsea for long tho.

a purist have we? remind me again; which club has scored the most goals in a premiership season? also, Spain. which club holds that record there and who was managing it at the time?

and defensive rigor can be just as beautiful as offensive flair. eg, I really enjoyed Greece circa 2004 and told anyone who would listen they would win the tournament. early mourinho Chelsea was just as good; excellent, solid at the back, brimming with menace when going forward. eg Robben used to leave defenders flying into billboards. eventually mourinho devolved into just launch the ball forward, which I agree is ugly. but solid, counter attacking football? no, never.

in fact, it's even more risky than what barca minus Messiah and Spain do. pass, pass, pass. sideways always. safe always. then when the opponents, stadium and millions watching at home are half asleep, attempt a forward pass and hope for the best.

on a serious note, Messiah actually leaves? y'all in trouble.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
undercat:

Most the atheists here are nomads who came in from Chad.

cheesy

I thought they said its the Chadians that do boko haram, how come they are also the atheists?

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 11, 2015
musKeeto:
Jayriginal, plaetton, rationalmind, martian and all other fellows, when is frosbel gonna join us? Hopefully before summer cheesy

That's if he's not another bolaino or UYI cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
ooman:

cheesy

I thought they said its the Chadians that do boko haram, how come they are also the atheists?

There is a conspiracy between APC and Chad Republic. I won't go into the details here.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 8:45am On Jan 12, 2015
musKeeto:
@weigraf: got a job with some s/w company.. Design epos systems for takeaways in the uk. CSC, teamviewer, masala dinners. Naija elections is just dreadful but surely four years of Oga Clueless will be too much to stomach.

it only now occurs to me that you work for a company being outsourced. I've been living in my village/cocoon for too long. when did Europeans start outsourcing to us?

edit; ah perhaps not outsourced. you guys have your own pos system you sell/manage to/for them?

regardless, it would be 'made in Africa' being used by them, still fairly a novel notion (well, to me in my village)
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
wiegraf:

it only now occurs to me that you work for a company being outsourced. I've been living in my village/cocoon for too long. when did Europeans start outsourcing to us?

edit; ah perhaps not outsourced. you guys have your own pos system you sell/manage to/for them?

regardless, it would be 'made in Africa' being used by them, still fairly a novel notion (well, to me in my village)
Na, not Naija. India.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 12, 2015
undercat:

There is a conspiracy between APC and Chad Republic. I won't go into the details here.
grin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
musKeeto:

Na, not Naija. India.

I fear. that would be a major development...

too bahdt. anyhoo
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Redlyn: 1:22am On Jan 13, 2015
How come Muslims get their own forum? Always asking for special treatment those delicate little flowers. Where is the atheist forum then?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 7:43am On Jan 13, 2015
wiegraf:

a purist have we? remind me again; which club has scored the most goals in a premiership season? also, Spain. which club holds that record there and who was managing it at the time?

I'm coming.

and defensive rigor can be just as beautiful as offensive flair. eg, I really enjoyed Greece circa 2004 and told anyone who would listen they would win the tournament. early mourinho Chelsea was just as good; excellent, solid at the back, brimming with menace when going forward. eg Robben used to leave defenders flying into billboards. eventually mourinho devolved into just launch the ball forward, which I agree is ugly. but solid, counter attacking football? no, never.

Greece was atrocious in those Euros. Can't believe they won. And Chelsea has always tended to be very defensive, especially against serious opponents. They almost always have two vicious defensive midfielders on the pitch.

in fact, it's even more risky than what barca minus Messiah and Spain do. pass, pass, pass. sideways always. safe always. then when the opponents, stadium and millions watching at home are half asleep, attempt a forward pass and hope for the best.[quote]

If this were true, most or all of our goals would come late in the game.

[quote]on a serious note, Messiah actually leaves? y'all in trouble.

Not really. All of the other clubs Messi is not in are doing fine. I heard he has denied the transfer rumours though.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 7:46am On Jan 13, 2015
Redlyn:
How come Muslims get their own forum? Always asking for special treatment those delicate little flowers. Where is the atheist forum then?

Muslims can't take a punch.

Will the atheist forum be under the religion section?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by timmy2409(m): 12:40am On Jan 14, 2015
undercat:

Somehow, I'm thinking of this grin grin

http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
timmy2409:

Somehow, I'm thinking of this grin grin
http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/

Dreadful picture.

What are they supposed to be satirizing there? Even I find it outrageous. Its as if The Onion just went for the most provocative and unwarranted caricature they could think up, to taunt and insult people into action. And yet nobody was killed.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Redlyn: 10:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
undercat:

Will the atheist forum be under the religion section?

grin
I guess it would have to be. For the same reason 0 is a number.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
undercat:

I'm coming.

Arsenal go win trophy first before you return, e be like say....
First question: Chelsea
Second: Real Madrid.... whilst managed by.... guess who?

undercat:

Greece was atrocious in those Euros. Can't believe they won. And Chelsea has always tended to be very defensive, especially against serious opponents. They almost always have two vicious defensive midfielders on the pitch.

Hm? You work with what you get, and that with that particular magician, it was no fluke. Oga Otto has taken a club that he had just promoted from the second divsion to win the Bundesliga. Immediately. One season.

At the Euros he was being prudent, flexible, intelligent. They outscored their opposition (else they wouldn't have won the tournament, no?), so there were goals and attacking intent, not just bus parking. Winning the competition whilst beating the hosts, which featured a burgeoning Ronaldo, twice.

It was intelligent, organized football, and intelligent football is just as beatiful to watch as gung ho recklessness. Note, there's a difference between intelligent football and "lop the ball to Drogba/Crouch/Carrol" (which, I've admitted, is what Mourinho resorted to eventually). Ask the Italians, especially.

If you want entertainment strictly, y'all should hire Bielsa, no? I mean, he's Pep's hero. But despite all the rep, that man has never won a single trophy in Europe... Another dogmatic purist? Wenger.... Klopp has been at least (very) successful recently, but after having lost 10 in 17 so far, his response? More of the same after the break.... (Pep, on the other hand, once famously resorted to long balls to deal with Dortmund's pressing <- that's called flexibility)

Actually, you've done so recently, in a sense. First half of last season you were picking up points everywhere whilst playing well even. However, the focus on possession had been diminished. What happened? Your board (and quite a few fans) whined. Whined. Whined. Identity, culture, crises. "Barcelona are winning but are not the Barcelona that pass you to sleep anymore", etc etc. Tata had to change the tactics. The rest, leading up to Barca today, is history. (of course, plus Neymar's papa's orgy)

But that's not why I write this tome actually. I'm just puzzled, I need to start paying attention to how I look and such. Someone just gave me 50 bucks unsolicited... WTF, is that how it works?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
LOL. Just saw this on Yahoo now. Will someone be nice enough to create a thread on it? I'm too lazy right now.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/boy-who-claimed-he-went-to-heaven-recants-108278459057.html
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by timmy2409(m): 11:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
Gary Cahill is the goddamn worst. WTF angry
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 4:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
timmy2409:
Gary Cahill is the goddamn worst. WTF angry

We need to bleed our youth. Gaddem mourinho

Last season would have been perfect, as we were 'rebuilding'... But noooo, 45 year old Terry and Cahill. Where are the next leaders?

De Bruyne was just voted second best attacking player in the Bundesliga for the first half of last season. Matic..... (though, tbf, with Matic, he was even an offensive mid, no one could have guessed he'd turn out to become such a great defensive mid, and mou wasn't involved)

Zouma, Ake, Kalas, suppose find their square root...

However, I no go lie you, dat ibo man, Emenalo, im dey try. Though likely just not him, he seems to have some influence. 30+ for Lukaku! 50 million for Luiz!!! Xmas all year round. Maybe Abra + board know what they are doing..
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by timmy2409(m): 6:33am On Jan 25, 2015
Looks like Mourinho is a big fan of yours on here grin

Jeezus, what a clusterfuck of a game though (allegedly)

Well, if I didn't see it, it didn't happen
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 26, 2015
Awesome weekend cool grin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by CHOGON1: 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
CHOGON FACILITIES CLEANING SERVICES .

‘We offer great services at a very affordable price’

We thus offer the following services.
1. Janitorial cleaning service
2. Periodic specialty cleaning for homes and offices
3. Pre & Post construction/moving – in cleaning
4. Rest room/ environmental maintenance
5. Refuse collection/sewage management and disposal services
6. Curtain wall aluminum profiles/ window cleaning
7. Carpet/upholstery treatment and rug cleaning / vacuum services
8. Executive Housekeeping
9. Fumigation and pest control for bedbugs, cockroaches , mosquitoes, snakes, scorpions, bird-mites

Janitorial Cleaning Service Scope

1. Floor Cleaning and maintenance, floor restoration: marbles restoration, granites, terrazzo
2. Vacuuming of all carpeted area
3. Dusting and cleaning of all furniture, fittings and offices utensils.
4. Sanitization of all restroom.
5. Emptying and washing of all window blinds
6. Cleaning of window/glass blind and frames
7. Polishing of all office furniture
8. Removal of cobwebs
9. General cleaning of surrounding and car pack areas.
10. Degreasing of generator house area.
11. IT equipping cleaning
12. Suspended Ceiling Cleaning Etc.

PERIODIC SPECIALITY CLEANING SERVICE SCOPE

1. Floor care/treatment stripping and scrubbing
2. Stripping of floors, with much concentration of high traffic area using scrubbing machine with stripper and other appropriate chemicals.
3. Scrubbing of all edges, skirting, and staircase to obtain the desired clean result on all floor surface area.
4. Polishing and buffing of all floor with high speed buffers and burnishes
5. Sealing and coating of polish on all hard floor(as required)
6. HARD FLOOR RESTORATION : CERAMIC TILES, MARBLES, GRANITES,TERRAZZO
i. Rejuvenation of all hard floors
ii. Floor honing such as marble, granite and terrazzo
iii. Parquet Floor Treatment and Maintenance

7. CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY TREATMENT
i. Vacuuming of all carpet and rugs
ii. Steam cleaning of all carpets, rugs and upholstery using the appropriate steam cleaning machine and chemical.
iii. Spot cleaning and removal of stain on all carpets, rugs and upholstery.

8. Cleaning of reflective glass and partitions
9. Windows cleaning using squeegee and win wash with appropriate chemical
10. Polishing of anodized partitions
11. Chrome clean and polish
12. Façade cleaning
13. Road Sweeping
14. Cladding Cleaning
15. Brick Cleaning
16. Site Cabin Cleaning
17. High level Cleaning
18. Paint boot cleaning
19. Building ventilation cleaning. Etc

PRE AND POST CONSTRUCTION/MOVING- IN CLEANING.
- General detailed cleaning exercise done before and after pre-occupation of tenants in homes or offices.

D. FUMIGATION AND PEST CONTROL EXERCISE
- pyrettrial residual dusting of building
- Spraying and mist fogging
- Larviciding and deratization of entire site and surrounding area
E. HOME MAID CLEANING SERVICE
- Our professional maid service cleaning in residence on a call out or regular scheduled basis will guarantee peaceful and convivial atmosphere for healthy living.
We provide these services each time we are in your home:
- Each room will be thoroughly cleaned, dusted and vacuumed using professional cleaning products and equipments.
- All kitchen appliances, cabinets, tables and chairs will be cleaned and counters, sinks and backsplashes will be scrubbed and sanitized.
- Your bathroom area will positively shine after we’ve cleaned and disinfected tile walls, bath tubs, showers, sinks and cabinets. The floor and tile walls will be washed, scrubbed and chrome polished.
-And then in your bedroom, linens will be changed, and furniture’s cleaned and dusted heavy knick – knack areas dusted, cobwebs removed, all accessible floor area swept and mopped, with every other thing in place for a peaceful living experience. What a joy this will bring to your family to see your home sparkling each time we visit.

For more details please contact CHOGON FACILITIES SERVICES LTD
+2348072292381
10 Diya Street Gbagada –Lagos Nigeria
info@chogonfacilities.com
www.chogonfacilities.com

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Donwetcell: 3:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
hi guys so happy to be here with you
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by timmy2409(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
Donwetcell:
hi guys so happy to be here with you

No one's here anymore it seems. Nonetheless, welcome!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2015
timmy2409:

No one's here anymore it seems. Nonetheless, welcome!

The new wave is impressive. At this rate the section will be renamed 'irreligion' or 'Bleep religion' in a year or two.

That said, slower mayhaps. Mayhaps due to political folly season in the country
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by timmy2409(m): 9:03am On Feb 01, 2015
wiegraf:

The new wave is impressive. At this rate the section will be renamed 'irreligion' or 'Bleep religion' in a year or two.

That said, slower mayhaps. Mayhaps due to political folly season in the country

True that. The proliferation of reason is always a beauty to behold

I'll admit though that this section does miss the likes of Anony, DeepSight et al. Not sure if its just me, but each theist thread I open these days just makes me want to donate my brain to charity. Rankling ignorance everywhere. Jeezus.

PS: How about that boy Zouma though? Back off Cahill!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 6:13am On Feb 02, 2015
timmy2409:

True that. The proliferation of reason is always a beauty to behold

For a while yesterday this was the top article on the guardian

guardian:

Stephen Fry calls God an ‘evil, capricious, monstrous maniac’
Comedian delivers tirade on Irish TV programme when asked what he would say to the almighty at the gates of heaven

Stephen Fry has denounced God as “utterly evil, capricious and monstrous”, if he were to exist.

The comedian’s attack on the notion of a deity will be heard on an Irish religious affairs programme on Sunday night.

A brief clip of Fry on RTE television’s The Meaning of Life on Sunday has already caused as storm on Youtube with over 2m views even before broadcast.

On the short clip, Fry is asked by veteran Irish TV presenter Gay Byrne what he would say to God if he died and had to confront him.

In his imaginary conversation with God, Fry says he would tell him: “How dare you create a world in which there is such misery that is not our fault? It’s not right.

“It’s utterly, utterly evil. Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God who creates a world which is so full of injustice and pain?”

Pressed by Byrne over how he would react if he was locked outside the pearly gates, Fry says: “I would say: ‘bone cancer in children? What’s that about?’

“Because the God who created this universe, if it was created by God, is quite clearly a maniac, utter maniac. Totally selfish. We have to spend our life on our knees thanking him?! What kind of god would do that?”

On how to explain the wonders of the world, Fry then launches an another attack on all seeing, all knowing God creator.

“Yes, the world is very splendid but it also has in it insects whose whole lifecycle is to burrow into the eyes of children and make them blind. They eat outwards from the eyes. Why? Why did you do that to us? You could easily have made a creation in which that didn’t exist. It is simply not acceptable.

“It’s perfectly apparent that he is monstrous. Utterly monstrous and deserves no respect whatsoever. The moment you banish him, life becomes simpler, purer, cleaner, more worth living in my opinion.”

What I like the most though are the comments. I wonder if the rest of europe don tire as well...

Granted, guardian has a reputation for being 'liberal' and 'progressive', so you'd expect most of their users to hold such positions. Therefore, even in the UK alone, this might not be the prevalent zeitgeist

timmy2409:

I'll admit though that this section does miss the likes of Anony, DeepSight et al. Not sure if its just me, but each theist thread I open these days just makes me want to donate my brain to charity. Rankling ignorance everywhere. Jeezus.

Now I think you're being greedy ser. Put yourself in their shoes. It's a miracle they lasted as long as they did considering the whargarbl they presented as 'cases'. There's only so much one can spin. From here on out we may have to make do with 'atheists' like sinequanon pushing the boundaries of spiel, sophistry and illogic. Edging ever more (not so) subtly towards 'godidit!' than the older crew

That said I will make a post, today I hope, which will make a much more coherent case for YHWH than the usual dross. Just to give them some help. And giggles

timmy2409:

PS: How about that boy Zouma though? Back off Cahill!

Goooooot
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by tobiakiode: 1:27am On Feb 05, 2015
Life's too short and precious to be wasted, be afraid or be terrorised by anyone. Make your life and time count here and in eternity, give your life to God, your maker and giver by living it the way He intended it to lived. For more inspirations about purpose, life, philosophies, polls, and our radio, visit http://www.tobiakiode.com
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 06, 2015
Politics section though...
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
Which is the true religion?

For all your branding tips and needs, do contact us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (239) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.