Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (556228 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2015
Howcomes:
Spread the Gospel Light @ www.facebook.com/touchlightpage.

Are you blind or something? This thread is for non-theists.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
Phew! Wtf! After going through some of the posts in this chat box, I thought I'd find intelligible and productive discussions about science and/or philosophy outside religion. Unfortunately and disappointedly, it's just a useless chat box for jobless dumb people who are atheists for NO GOOD reason. All you do is quarrel, insult religious people (not that you are any where close to being better than them), raise stupid topics for discussion etc. Smfh... I think I'd "sticky" with the religion rooms, they are more intelligible.

Get a life!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by timmy2409(m): 1:34am On Jan 05, 2015
Atypical of th superior man
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 05, 2015
Happy New Year y'all.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
musKeeto:
Happy New Year y'all.

d folly of dis govt. I've nevah voted in my life, as I reckon in this country your vote is just a formality. this time though, d folly though, e too much...

where to get a voters card tho...
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
Thsuperiorman:
Phew! Wtf! After going through some of the posts in this chat box, I thought I'd find intelligible and productive discussions about science and/or philosophy outside religion. Unfortunately and disappointedly, it's just a useless chat box for jobless dumb people who are atheists for NO GOOD reason. All you do is quarrel, insult religious people (not that you are any where close to being better than them), raise stupid topics for discussion etc. Smfh... I think I'd "sticky" with the religion rooms, they are more intelligible.

Get a life!

Apologies.

This chatbox appears to be for every person who is neither christian nor muslim.

Your grouse appears to be with the atheist population here.

You see, if the atheists have good reasons to be atheists, you are likely to find those reasons on threads where they argue/discuss with theists.

I take it that you deny that you have seen any good reason for atheism anywhere on nairaland. You even refer to threads created by atheists as silly, which makes me wonder what you mean when you accuse atheists of not producing good reasons for atheism in this chatbox.

Whether one human being can be said to be better than another is debatable, and there is more controversy about whether you are entitled to insult any person you think you are better than, on the basis that you are better than them. I would say that you feel so entitled.

I suspect that you are looking to generate some excitement with your post. Since you have chosen to participate in this chatbox, you are welcome to start a scientific or philosophical discussion here. No matter the outcome of the discussion, you would have won, since you would have either gotten the intelligible discussion you want, or you would have gotten further proof that atheist are jobless dumbasses.

Happy new year musKeeto. Here's to less of you in Africa this year.

4 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
Thsuperiorman:

Get a life!

cheesy
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2015
Case on point!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
^^^
Case in point, my supposedly 'superior' mastah.

Moving on, they say Messi is now in London having talks with us, the bosses, aka Chel$ki

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
wiegraf:
^^^

Moving on, they say Messi is now in London having talks with us, the bosses, aka Chel$ki

I can't believe an atheist supports Chelsea. Smh.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 08, 2015
wiegraf:
^^^

QWERTYUIOP

Looks familiar?

If you don't have anything important to write, you musn't give a wordy evidence of the fact.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 08, 2015
Double post
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 9:06am On Jan 08, 2015
Thsuperiorman:

QWERTYUIOP

Looks familiar?

If you don't have anything important to write, you musn't give a wordy evidence of the fact.

This is a chat thread, oh genius. Read, carefully and slowly (though I understand that may be difficult for you); chat

It is not meant to house simply serious discussions. Again, chat. Anything goes. Please, I hope that is clear and simple enough for even such an accomplished halfwit as yourself.

Now, as for that post, I was simply pointing out that your grammar is off. Fairly ridiculous considering the general tone of your post and your alleged 'superiority'. And don't use qwerty as an excuse; it's not the sole instance of your folly. For instance, in your previous post, you use the word 'disapointedly' when you should have used the word 'disappointingly'. What exactly is a 'wordy evidence' abeg? Indeed, I don't think you know what the word 'intelligible', which you use more than once, means, as you seem to be implying that we're stoopid not indecipherable. Two different things. Now, do tell, which of those terms do you think is associated with intelligibility, hmmmm? etc etc

This is the surface of the folly you exhibit with less than 10 sentences. 90%+ of the people you criticize so wantonly could write a nice, long thesis on just how much stoopidity you exhibit. However, they are, and perhaps luckily for you, too busy to waste even a little time on such an apparent lost cause (unlike me! though you've now used up all the time I had booked for eediots for the week....boooh).

Your grammar is just the beginning, I hope that's clear. In fact, on its own one might even give you a pass and not necessarily become pedantic, easily, if you were making sense ie. But no, you exhibit real foo.lishness, the genuine article. A goat that somehow thinks it can dine at a table with humans; using proper etiquette, cutlery despite having only hooves, etc etc, instead of just chewing grass and shitting everywhere as is its wont.

Anyhoo, onwards to other things. This is already too much 'wordy evidence' for you. Ehn, good sire?

6 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 9:12am On Jan 08, 2015
undercat:

Why? It requires little faith; every other season you can expect a trophy or two.

Now, supporting the likes of arsenal, that's blind faith

4 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 08, 2015
wiegraf:

This is a chat thread, oh genius. Read, carefully and slowly (though I understand that may be difficult for you); chat

It is not meant to house simply serious discussions. Again, chat. Anything goes. Please, I hope that is clear and simple enough for even such an accomplished halfwit as yourself.

Now, as for that post, I was simply pointing out that your grammar is off. Fairly ridiculous considering the general tone of your post and your alleged 'superiority'. And don't use qwerty as an excuse; it's not the sole instance of your folly. For instance, in your previous post, you use the word 'disapointedly' when you should have used the word 'disappointingly'. What exactly is a 'wordy evidence' abeg? Indeed, I don't think you know what the word 'intelligible', which you use more than once, means, as you seem to be implying that we're stoopid not indecipherable. Two different things. Now, do tell, which of those terms do you think is associated with intelligibility, hmmmm? etc etc

This is the surface of the folly you exhibit with less than 10 sentences. 90%+ of the people you criticize so wantonly could write a nice, long thesis on just how much stoopidity you exhibit. However, they are, and perhaps luckily for you, too busy to waste even a little time on such an apparent lost cause (unlike me! though you've now used up all the time I had booked for eediots for the week....boooh).

Your grammar is just the beginning, I hope that's clear. In fact, on its own one might even give you a pass and not necessarily become pedantic, easily, if you were making sense ie. But no, you exhibit real foo.lishness, the genuine article. A goat that somehow thinks it can dine at a table with humans; using proper etiquette, cutlery despite having only hooves, etc etc, instead of just chewing grass and shitting everywhere as is its wont.

Anyhoo, onwards to other things. This is already too much 'wordy evidence' for you. Ehn, good sire?

Thank you for the corrections, I appreciate.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 08, 2015
Still doesn't change the fact that the thread is filled with jobless unproductive atheists.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 10:00am On Jan 08, 2015
^^^
No probs. I'm nice like that.

And in more random news; they held 9ja up as the standard. Meanwhile, in the greek league (on HD TV no less)

http://gfycat.com/ElegantHauntingHoneybee
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 08, 2015
Superiordumbo, if we were less productive, we would have more time to engage in idle chat on this thread. Just saying.

And for a productice fellow such as yourself, it is amazing you found the time to go through the thread and make such astute observations. We thank you for your time, the Gods bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2015
@weigraf: got a job with some s/w company.. Design epos systems for takeaways in the uk. CSC, teamviewer, masala dinners. Naija elections is just dreadful but surely four years of Oga Clueless will be too much to stomach.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 08, 2015
undercat:

From nothing to something.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 08, 2015
wiegraf:

Heheehee. Weigy na new year o.. Change!!!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 08, 2015
Jayriginal, plaetton, rationalmind, martian and all other fellows, when is frosbel gonna join us? Hopefully before summer cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 08, 2015
Lol smfh
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2015
Oh! CHATBOX... TSK... My fv>k|n bad
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 11:10am On Jan 08, 2015
he won't be a-joining. at best he'll end up some sort of 'deist'. too much 'I want to believe', not enough backbone, in a manner of speak
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
musKeeto:

From nothing to something.

The eternity of Barcelona is better.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
wiegraf:

Why? It requires little faith; every other season you can expect a trophy or two.

Now, supporting the likes of arsenal, that's blind faith

Lol. Gooners waiting for the second coming of anybody.

Jose is just dreadful.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by LucemFerre: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ha! I didn't know there were atheists and agnostics in Nigeria...
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 12:39am On Jan 09, 2015
undercat:

Jose is just dreadful.

Ah, but sometimes his sheer obnoxiousness is part of his charm. Sometimes...

That said, as a barca fan

guardian uk:

Luis Enrique was still at Barcelona last night. How long for, no one knows, and there were certainly no guarantees, but if they carry on like this in Catalonia he may well end up the only one left. After a week in which Barça sacked their sporting director, Andoni Zubizarreta, and Carles Puyol left the club, and less than a month since the director general was sacked, the president, Josep María Bartomeu, announced Luis Enrique will continue as the coach. But he also announced the presidential election will be brought forward a year to this summer. In other words, no one’s future is secure – least of all his own.

And what, everyone wanted to know, of Lionel Messi, the man who has stood silently at the heart of the gathering storm over the last few days? It is his departure that concerns them. Many fans want others to leave; Messi leaving frightens them.

Late on Wednesday night the player had still not spoken; his manager and his president had, but their words did little to calm the crisis. Only one thing was clear: there will be elections in the summer. They will be a curious affair: Fifa’s one-year ban on Barcelona signing anyone means this will not be about promises of the world’s best players coming to Camp Nou. The question will be reformulated: which candidates can ensure that the world’s best player will not leave Camp Nou?

This week Messi followed Chelsea on Instagram( note; the man has impeccable taste ), a small, insignificant detail that, in the context of crisis, appeared a significant one. His actions have been interpreted by many as a power play but he is clearly unhappy. It has been coming for a while. Messi is a difficult player to manage and his relationship with the board has been strained for a long time. He publicly described one director as “a man who knows nothing about football”. But this time the fault-line lies in the dressing room.

The deterioration in the relationship between Luis Enrique and Messi has become a very public issue after the Argentinian was left out of the 1-0 defeat at Real Sociedad on Sunday. Messi, like Neymar and Dani Alves, had returned from his winter break just two days before and two days later than his team-mates – as agreed by the club, and as he has done in the past. Messi then missed an open training session on Monday, arranged annually for children to attend on the eve of Kings Day, the equivalent of Christmas Day. A club statement later said that he was suffering from gastroenteritis. With unfortunate timing, it came three days after the club captain, Xavi Hernández, had admitted in an interview that “gastroenteritis” is often the public excuse that hides other issues.

Reports then emerged that Messi had confronted Luis Enrique on Friday and again on Sunday, that the coach had wanted to take disciplinary action against him, and that they no longer talk. Messi was reported to have effectively issued Barcelona with an ultimatum of his own. The club’s captains were trying to intervene to calm the tension between coach and star player. At last, on Wednesday, the club spoke. First, the coach. Luis Enrique repeatedly refused to “confirm or deny” those reports although he did say at one point “some of them not true”, and he certainly did nothing to protect Messi from suggestions that he had argued with the coaching staff or had refused to train. Then, with his final remark, he hinted heavily that Messi had broken from collective principles that he considers fundamental. “I do not talk about what happens in the dressing room or the training ground; what happens there, stays there,” he said

, but the questions kept coming. Asked if he talks to Messi, Luis Enrique replied: “I speak to all of them of, course, some more than others.” How many individual meetings had he had with Messi? “I don’t know how many I have had, or not had.” Asked if he thought Messi wants to stay, he replied: “I’m not the right person to answer that.

“I do not treat all of my players the same, just as I do not treat all of my children the same,” he said. “I have negotiated things with the players. On some things I have been permissive and on some I have been demanding. There are some rules that everyone must follow. That is one of my principles.”
Fernando Torres finally beats Real with in second Atlético debut
Read more

It is a principle he may yet fall by. Taking on Messi is not an approach likely to ensure longevity at the club. He admitted that the sacking of Zubizarreta had “weakened” his position and he did little to assuage fears that his relationship with Messi had broken down; in fact, much of what he said confirmed the avalanche of reports that have talked of confrontation and discontent, of Messi issuing a threat: “Him or me”.

A few hours later, Bartomeu appeared. He confirmed that Luis Enrique was continuing as manager, denied delivering him an ultimatum and insisted that it was not true that the coach had wanted to begin disciplinary procedures against the No10. He also insisted that Messi is not for sale and has a contract, but here the conviction faltered. He could not and would not state categorically that Messi will stay or even that he was confident that the Argentinian wishes to stay. “I think he is happy. I don’t say that because I am sitting down having a coffee with him, although we have spoken,” said the president. “I say that because you can see it on the pitch, in the way he was playing.”

As arguments go it was not the most convincing. Even less so was his explanation for Zubizarreta’s sacking and the promise to send a “hard letter” to Sepp Blatter and to take on Fifa over the club’s transfer ban.

By the end of a 75-minute press conference, the second of an extremely long day in Barcelona after Luis Enrique had spoken earlier, Bartomeu looked exhausted, his voice strained. He has been in the post for less than a year, having replaced Sandro Rosell who resigned amid the scandal of the Neymar signing.

He would have liked to hang on longer but the pressure became too much; he is calling elections to “ease the tension surrounding the club”. He will soon be on his way, too. He did not confirm if he would stand but most expect him to. He is extremely unlikely to win. “I don’t think the image of the club is so bad,” he said. But increasingly, Barcelona supporters believe it is and that is why he was forced into a corner and must now call a club election.

His wife is BFF with Cesc's wife, their kids have play dates and all that. Also, better (somewhat benign) Russian oligarch money than Sheikh slave money IMO. Just state your price and free the poor guy.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 09, 2015
Lol, there is definitely no reason for a nigerian to be an atheist
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 8:59am On Jan 09, 2015
wiegraf:

Ah, but sometimes his sheer obnoxiousness is part of his charm. Sometimes...

That said, as a barca fan

His wife is BFF with Cesc's wife, their kids have play dates and all that. Also, better (somewhat benign) Russian oligarch money than Sheikh slave money IMO. Just state your price and free the poor guy.

Impeccable taste, huh? Chelsea have only been playing classy football since August last year.

Money is money. The ban will pass soon and it'll be back to business as usual. Messi can leave if he wants. It'll be refreshing to see him in the EPL. I don't see him playing at Chelsea for long tho.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by undercat: 9:02am On Jan 09, 2015
timonski:
Lol, there is definitely no reason for a nigerian to be an atheist

Most the atheists here are nomads who came in from Chad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (239) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.