Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Toasting A Nigerian Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Toasting A Nigerian Woman (2574 Views)

3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Toasting A Lady, Share How You Were Turned Down / Problems With Toasting A Lady In Midst Of Her Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
I have complimented her in person a couple of times. I have commented on what she is wearing and said she looks "fine". I have even said she looks "beautiful".

I find it very difficult to judge how she feels from her reaction. I have complimented and occasionally she seems to have 'pretended not to have heard it'. She had said 'yay' in a happy way...but I haven't really been convinced. She has also said 'thank you'...but in a slightly embarrassed way. She has said she 'misses me' over the phone.

Do Nigerian guys compliment Nigerian women? How do they usually react? I am slightly confused. Women are usually a bit more obvious when they are interested.

She is Yoruba, 27, Born again Christian.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
TrickofTech: I have complimented her in person a couple of times. I have commented on what she is wearing and said she looks "fine". I have even said she looks "beautiful".

I find it very difficult to judge how she feels from her reaction. I have complimented and occasionally she seems to have 'pretended not to have heard it'. She had said 'yay' in a happy way...but I haven't really been convinced. She has also said 'thank you'...but in a slightly embarrassed way. She has said she 'misses me' over the phone.

Do Nigerian guys compliment Nigerian women? How do they usually react? I am slightly confused. Women are usually a bit more obvious when they are interested.

Game playing?
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by major466(m): 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
Her reactions might be due to past experiences. You know some people say all kinds of things in the name of compliments in a sarcastic manner.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hmmmm. I know her church well too. I have received messages from them encouraging me to "give myself over to jesus christ". I am not reading much into this though.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by Enegod(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
must you always compliment her... why not ask her out. Tell her how you feel about her, that's how men do.... smh
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 1:11am On Aug 27, 2013
Okay I will. It is not going to end well though. I sense it.

Recent phone call:

ME: "Have you found a husband yet?"
GIRL: "No (now) I am still looking...like you"
ME: "Do you have boyfriends?"
GIRL: "I have many boyfriends (now)...but I am looking for someone really good"
ME: "Ah okay"
GIRL: "You must find a good wife too...I am praying that you find a good wife"

Ambiguous...but enough to make me think that she isn't interested. I have not seen her (face to face) for a long time and in the past she has talked about eventually marrying a Nigerian (specifically)...which I am not.

But I will tell her.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by EejaNla01(m): 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
Dude you are funny grin
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
Eeja Nla01: Dude you are funny grin

Meaning? Confused :/ Enough of the comments...say it like it is.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2013
TrickofTech: Okay I will. It is not going to end well though. I sense it.

Recent phone call:

Ambiguous...but enough to make me think that she isn't interested. I have not seen her (face to face) for a long time and in the past she has talked about eventually marrying a Nigerian (specifically)...which I am not.

But I will tell her.

I should make it clear that this is one conversation out of many. She made it clear to me several times (face to face) that she wants to find a husband. She wants to find someone to marry.

Also, she is not your average Lagos/Abuja/'Western' Yoruba girl. She lives in a poor city. Her family are not well off. She is evangelical/born again christian.

I have not really dated before.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by MrCork: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
TrickofTech: I have complimented her in person a couple of times. I have commented on what she is wearing and said she looks "fine". I have even said she looks "beautiful".

...which compliment?
. Bro, nigerian women hate compliments...just buy her Brazil wig and she is yours...that's how u catch Nigerian babes
angry

1 Like

Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 8:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
Brilliant! Well I am glad I came to this website...very useful!!!! undecided

For what it is worth. All of what I have said is true. Clearly you guys have no useful advice for me. I just wanted to see what people thought. Thanks for nothing.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
-Mr Cork-:

...which compliment?
. Bro, nigerian women hate compliments...just buy her Brazil wig and she is yours...that's how u catch Nigerian babes
angry

I don't get it
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by Gudintent: 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
Whenever I see the word 'toast'

Cheese comes to mind undecided

As u were.

1 Like

Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by kelz3264: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
TrickofTech: Okay I will. It is not going to end well though. I sense it.

Recent phone call:

But I will tell her.
My brother from what i can depict from this conversation she doesnt consider you as a husband material to her taste meaning she doesnt fancy you! Just keep her as a friend which you guys are i guess! Try not to attach any emotional feelings to it(though its not easy).. keep searching bkos nothing good comes easy I believe there is someone so so special out there for you good luck!
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
Seem Op is lonely and Imagined everybit of the issue !!!

Tis ok bro, Ur dream shall come true soon just be real !!!
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by planetuzor(m): 10:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
I can help u with Toasting|wooing lines I have always use that has worked 101% getting any girl.

But I must one u, whoever u intend to date never go to her as a friend for too long otherwise u will be trapped in the friendzone and may not have her as ur babe again.....

Jst let me knw if u want d lines..
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by drnoel: 9:12am On Aug 28, 2013
really dude, people like u know how to torture the situation. Why don't u put urself and her out of the misery, ask her plainly and directly. Tell her what u think, how and hwy u want her,...Capish!!!!
This cat and mouse game is a killer and I dislike it with a vengence. Its why I neva asked a lady out 4 more than 2 weeks while i was still playing the game cos I found that that if it doen't work then, it may neva work it again.

1 Like

Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by Ab025(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2013
Be a man for once, call her on phone, tell her u want to see her, arrange a date with her, sit her down and tell her ur feelings for her.

If u want to date her, ask her out for "dating" and if u want to marry her, u stil have to start from "dating" her

Be a man and stop all this bullshit u are writing over here, ask her out, that's one of the things a man was created to do!!
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
Haha! I will! Truth be told. She is thousands of miles away in Nigeria. We are no longer together in the same country. I do have very deep feelings for her...and I have kind of decided that it is okay to tell her how I feel. I will always care about her, she is an amazing person. I just don't want her to feel as if things have been ruined between us because of what I will say to her. People can get very funny about that sort of thing...and I want to stay in touch with her irregardless of what she says...I am just worried she will not want to speak to me again after expressing my feelings. I will ALWAYS want to speak to her...whether she likes me romantically, or not.

I am going to tell her in the past tense...i.e. "you know what, I had very strong feelings for you in Nigeria...but its okay if you do not feel the same way...I will always care about you".
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by Emmysteve(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
TrickofTech: Haha! I will! Truth be told. She is thousands of miles away in Nigeria. We are no longer together in the same country. I do have very deep feelings for her...and I have kind of decided that it is okay to tell her how I feel. I will always care about her, she is an amazing person. I just don't want her to feel as if things have been ruined between us because of what I will say to her. People can get very funny about that sort of thing...and I want to stay in touch with her irregardless of what she says...I am just worried she will not want to speak to me again after expressing my feelings. I will ALWAYS want to speak to her...whether she likes me romantically, or not.

I am going to tell her in the past tense...i.e. "you know what, I had very strong feelings for you in Nigeria...but its okay if you do not feel the same way...I will always care about you".
Which country are you from? from the way i see it, she doesnt consider you because of the distance. probably she feels it wont work for the both of you.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Emmysteve: Which country are you from? from the way i see it, she doesnt consider you because of the distance. probably she feels it wont work for the both of you.

Scotland. She has mentioned "travelling" a lot...trying to get out of Nigeria (no offence). She is very interested to know if I have a job. To be honest, she seems the type to playing games. We did get very close when we were together (I stayed with her and her family, so I know them all very well). But perhaps I misinterpreted it. Nigerians can be very friendly compared to where I am from.

To my mind, she is either playing games, after money or is after getting out of the country. Neither is good. She often says she is missing me...but this could be as a friend.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by Emmysteve(m): 8:59pm On Aug 30, 2013
TrickofTech:

Scotland. She has mentioned "travelling" a lot...trying to get out of Nigeria (no offence). She is very interested to know if I have a job. To be honest, she seems the type to playing games. We did get very close when we were together (I stayed with her and her family, so I know them all very well). But perhaps I misinterpreted it. Nigerians can be very friendly compared to where I am from.

To my mind, she is either playing games, after money or is after getting out of the country. Neither is good. She often says she is missing me...but this could be as a friend.

Did you just mentiond Scotland?
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 9:25am On Aug 31, 2013
Emmysteve: Did you just mentiond Scotland?

Oh yes. I am oyinbo. She knows who I am and where I am from. Look...I have told her that I care about her, but I have thought about it. I find her very attractive. But it was never really about how she looked (to me, she is very pretty). The reason I care about her is because I spent a long time with her and her family...they were amazing to me (friendly and kind). They accepted me into their home and treated me like one of the family.

We were very close and I liked her a lot...but it was more about admiration, respect and appreciation. I have seen what it is like to live in Nigeria. She and her family clearly had a very difficult life. I am not going to lie: I live a very comfortable life where I am from. This woman got up at 5am every morning, she worked all day (for very little Naira) and then came home and cooked and cleaned for her family until she was so tired that she fell asleep (exhausted)...she did this everyday. Despite all of this...she was so kind and caring. She was so dedicated to her religion...and she clearly had so much joy in her heart.

I don't think I will ever meet someone like her again (and I mean that)...and I will never forget her. I guess I was taken aback by what an amazing person she is. She lives such a hard life, sometimes she could be blunt, bossy and a little in-tolerant...but despite all of that, she remains a beautiful person in her heart.

I don't want to tell her I like her. I just want her to know (and believe) how special she is. To me, she is 1 in a million, it doesn't matter how rich or poor she is. I would rather stay friends...and spend my time telling her how special she is, than ruin it all.

I feel hurt and sadness (and a little bit of guilt) everyday because of her situation (and I mean this). I understand that there are many Nigerians (and other people around the world) who have the same hard life...but I did not get close to many other Nigerians (and other people around the world)...I got close to her and her family...and knowing that people you care about are going through this...and there is nothing you can do about it...is very painful.

But thanks for all your comments guys. Naija is an amazing country, and I will never forget it.

1 Like

Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 9:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
TrickofTech:

Oh yes. I am oyinbo. She knows who I am and where I am from. Look...I have told her that I care about her, but I have thought about it. I find her very attractive. But it was never really about how she looked (to me, she is very pretty). The reason I care about her is because I spent a long time with her and her family...they were amazing to me (friendly and kind). They accepted me into their home and treated me like one of the family.

We were very close and I liked her a lot...but it was more about admiration, respect and appreciation. I have seen what it is like to live in Nigeria. She and her family clearly had a very difficult life. I am not going to lie: I live a very comfortable life where I am from. This woman got up at 5am every morning, she worked all day (for very little Naira) and then came home and cooked and cleaned for her family until she was so tired that she fell asleep (exhausted)...she did this everyday. Despite all of this...she was so kind and caring. She was so dedicated to her religion...and she clearly had so much joy in her heart.

I don't think I will ever meet someone like her again (and I mean that)...and I will never forget her. I guess I was taken aback by what an amazing person she is. She lives such a hard life, sometimes she could be blunt, bossy and a little in-tolerant...but despite all of that, she remains a beautiful person in her heart.

I don't want to tell her I like her. I just want her to know (and believe) how special she is. To me, she is 1 in a million, it doesn't matter how rich or poor she is. I would rather stay friends...and spend my time telling her how special she is, than ruin it all.

I feel hurt and sadness (and a little bit of guilt) everyday because of her situation (and I mean this). I understand that there are many Nigerians (and other people around the world) who have the same hard life...but I did not get close to many other Nigerians (and other people around the world)...I got close to her and her family...and knowing that people you care about are going through this...and there is nothing you can do about it...is very painful.

But thanks for all your comments guys. Naija is an amazing country, and I will never forget it.

Phew! I am glad I decided on this option. She is a very nice person and I will always be friends with her...but there are somethings I have found out about the way she operates. I don't know if this is just her, or a cultural thing.

She has said very recently that she wants me to come back to Nigeria, not "one day"...NOW! Keeps asking if I would marry "Yoruba"
...I begin to think: she clearly likes me.

In conversation with her on the phone while she was at work and a guy takes the phone off her...introduces himself and says that he is her boyfriend. Asked her about it casually in conversation later...she says: "no he is my partner!"
"Ahhhh Ok!!" I say...(she kept that very quiet until now!) cheesy I wonder what her "partner" would think if he knew what she has been up to!

Then I remember she had mentioned to me once that she has "many boyfriends". Clearly playing games or doesn't know what she wants. I will steer well clear of that I think. Just friends abi! Where I am from, if you like someONE you tend to focus on that ONE person. The emphasis being on ONE.

Very strange that she would think it acceptable to hit on multiple men...while being in a relationship
...for women, it is enough to earn a very bad reputation abi!

Glad I didn't get my hopes up after all!
...At least I know what kind of girl I am dealing with now. I didn't quite realize she was like that. She puts up a very good front...clearly very sly and crafty.

Ah well... tongue lesson learnt. Oremi I think abi.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by damilolaluv(f): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
TrickofTech:

So now you are from Scotland?? The last thread you first said you are from USA and later changed to London. Your fake fabricated story lines are getting to you. Next thing you will be from Germany. Smdh. I am starting to believe you are some fake alternate account. MuMU
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by TrickofTech: 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
damilola_luv: So now you are from Scotland?? The last thread you first said you are from USA and later changed to London. Your fake fabricated story lines are getting to you. Next thing you will be from Germany. Smdh. I am starting to believe you are some fake alternate account. MuMU

Lmao. No, no fake account here. I have stayed in both the US and UK. Currently in the UK (Scotland) I am bored of trying to convince posters that I am genuine. I know I am. If you don't believe me, then don't.

Either way, I have worked out that she has partners (at least one). She has tried to get me involved with her...yet attempted to keep knowledge of her (possibly) many boyfriends from me.
...I don't think I want to even consider getting involved with that sort of woman...kind of disappointing that she would behave like that.

Something in my gut told me something wasn't right...now I know why.

Cheers though guys. I will remain her close friend.
Re: Toasting A Nigerian Woman by lertee(f): 11:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
damilola_luv: So now you are from Scotland?? The last thread you first said you are from USA and later changed to London. Your fake fabricated story lines are getting to you. Next thing you will be from Germany. Smdh. I am starting to believe you are some fake alternate account. MuMU
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Help Pls, I Get Uneasy When I Meet Really Cute Ladies..and Its Affecting My Job. / Ever Given A Gift To A Lady But She Was Disappointed Because She Expected More? / “day I Slept With A Ghost”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.