Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Is This Right? Must You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Right? Must You? (1961 Views)

Guys, Which One Is Right? MUST READ... / 11 Guys You’ll Date Before Finding “the One {mr Right}”[must Read For Ladys!!!] / How To Know Miss Right ( Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
Someone approached me and ask?
MUST you buy stuffs/things for your spouse during courtship?
Afterall,you will get married and the buying begins proper.
If the answer is YES,what can you buy? Phones?perfumes?
How frequent?
Opinions please.
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by lobell: 8:41pm On Aug 28, 2013
practice makes perefect
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Goldenboy007(m): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
[s]Really there are some questions you should ask your friends privately or ask yourself in front of a mirror before posting on public forum. I was almost tempted to ask for your age but i won't.[/s]

I swear I did not comment, my fingers have a mind of their own.
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
Goldenboy007: [s]Really there are some questions you should ask your friends privately or ask yourself in front of a mirror before posting on public forum. I was almost tempted to ask for your age but i won't.[/s]

I swear did not comment, my fingers have a mind of their own.

It is a free world...but you wld v done well if you had contributed constructively!
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2013
OP is someone forcing a gun on your head to get gifts, if so that is an act of terrorism, and terrorism cannot stand long in this great or crappy nation of ours. if you are been forced to get a gift under duress please feel free let's protest this act on change.org we can save a life we can make a difference. ....................................... wink
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
lobell: practice makes perfect
True.
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
pc guru: OP is someone forcing a gun on your head to get gifts, if so that is an act of terrorism, and terrorism cannot stand long in this great or crappy nation of ours. if you are been forced to get a gift under duress please feel free let's protest this act on change.org we can save a life we can make a difference. ....................................... wink

LOL.
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
Mintayo:

LOL.

no mind me left-over coffee is still kicking in grin
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by kennybelle: 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
It‘s necessary dear, bt not under compulsion, it should come from your own free will...then it will serve the purpose to which u sent it-- making ur spouse happy n u being happy in return. But d gift shouldn‘t always be frm d guy alone bt frm d lady 2d guy as well

2 Likes

Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Dubemkelly(m): 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2013
Its awesome getting gifts 4rm peeps not to talk of a potential spouse, I think its sth joyous in d heart, its nothing bad @tal,get him or her d things dey desire n u must b within ur income. Fantastic receivin gifts on bufdaes. It shows one is luved
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
Getting stuffs for your spouse is one of the ways of showing how much you care,it shows you still have him/her in mind!
However,where so many people miss it is that they see it as one-sided...No,both party should be involve!
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by quivah(f): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2013
Mintayo: Someone approached me and ask?
How frequent?
Opinions please.

afterall,you will get married and the sexing begins proper.
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2013
quivah:

afterall,you will get married and the sexing begins proper.

sorry,didnt get you.
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by quivah(f): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2013
Mintayo: Someone approached me and ask?
How frequent?
Opinions please.

..... hmm ! It can wait, afterall,you will get married and the sexing begins proper..abi ?!.
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by quivah(f): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2013
Mintayo:

sorry,didnt get you.

if giving gifts in courtship can begin proper in marriage, sex also should begin proper in marriage
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2013
quivah:

..... hmm ! It can wait, afterall,you will get married and the sexing begins proper..abi ?!.

hummm...even that is not one-sided,it also involve give and take!
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2013
quivah:

if giving gifts in courtship can begin proper in marriage, sex also should begin proper in marriage

lol...and honestly,i will say YES to that.
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by quivah(f): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2013
Mintayo:

hummm...even that is not one-sided,it also involve give and take!
ok, concentrate! If buying a gift for your spouse don't seem right before marriage, having sex with her should not be right as well.. neither of them is one-sided but in your case, you are referring to just YOU.so, If you think buying thing for her isn't right,then having sex with her isn't right during courtship(tho it really isn't) you dig? Except if you mean...buying gifts for each other.
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 11:41am On Aug 30, 2013
quivah:
ok, concentrate!
owk,i am.

If buying a gift for your spouse don't seem right before marriage, having sex with her should not be right as well..
True,but you have to 'define' what you want!

neither of them is one-sided but in your case, you are referring to just YOU.so, If you think buying thing for her isn't right,then having sex with her isn't right during courtship(tho it really isn't) you dig?
i get you...but let me ask...shld having sex be determined by...'because you didnt buy me stuffs'?

[/quote]Except if you mean...buying gifts for each other.[/quote]that is my destination!
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Monicasque(f): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
its not by force but buy what your heart is comfortable with , don't buy just to show off. a simple teddy bear would be nice if the girl is not that much of a material girl but some ladies like real stuff like phones etc but i personally think a man can never go wrong with flowers
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
Monicasque: its not by force but buy what your heart is comfortable with , don't buy just to show off. a simple teddy bear would be nice if the girl is not that much of a material girl but some ladies like real stuff like phones etc but i personally think a man can never go wrong with flowers

true,but i believ it is always good to knw what ur partner wants,not all ladies that like teddy and flower!
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Monicasque(f): 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
Mintayo:

true,but i believ it is always good to knw what ur partner wants,not all ladies that like teddy and flower!

yep.u r right
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
I aint buying shii for any babe, I mean why should I buy shiiit that I can't buy for myself? Think about it! We have very vain babes now. We all need that filter to sieeve d stupid ones out. #fuuuvksexkillz
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by quivah(f): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
Mintayo:
owk,i am.
good boywink

True,but you have to 'define' what you want!
if I get you right..then, that ain't a gift. You give gifts when the other person least expected.you/she dont have to ask.

i get you...but let me ask...shld having sex be determined by...'because you didnt buy me stuffs'?
Ofcourse no! They are two different things.. gifts/money has nothing to do with sex except if you patronise a prostitute. but again in your case,if sex cant wait gifts shouldnt wait till marriage proper..why bother about gifts(cause it involves money while sex doesn't ?)if sex isn't the p,why should a common gift be?

.that is my destination!
Happy landing
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by quivah(f): 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
SIRCRESPO: I aint buying shii for any babe, I mean why should I buy shiiit that I can't buy for myself? Think about it! We have very vain babes now. We all need that filter to sieeve d stupid ones out. #fuuuvksexkillz

Mintayo, you see what am talking about?
He can't buy gifts for any babe but he can have sex with them...well,sex is cheap,gifts aint!.the gifts can wait,the sex can't
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by quivah(f): 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2013
Mintayo:

then,it doesn't have to be called a gift..if you know what she wants without asking,then good but if you ask what she wants,,it stopped being a gift
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2013
Can you afford it?
Do you want to impress this person?
Will the person appreciate it?
Are there other things you need to be concerned about like saving or making a large purchase like a house?
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
[quote author=quivah][/quote]
i get you,you have made a solid point.
Summary.
Hey,guy,if you can't buy stuffs for your lady during courtship,then dnt ask for sex either,right?

Now i always believe that there are other ways you can show love,affection to your partner apart from buying stuffs(and i am nt thinking of sex either).
What is ur take on this? If yes, what other ways?
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
quivah:

Mintayo, you see what am talking about?
He can't buy gifts for any babe but he can have sex with them...well,sex is cheap,gifts aint!.the gifts can wait,the sex can't

i get you,i was abt sayin the same by quotin d guy!
I dnt support sex in courtship but i believ it is quite unwise for any lady to give in to a guy demanding for sex if she is nt getting any thing from d relationship...(my opinion tho).
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
quivah:

then,it doesn't have to be called a gift..if you know what she wants without asking,then good but if you ask what she wants,,it stopped being a gift

whow,i dnt support that,what if u buy something for the lady and it ends up being something she doesn't like?
Is there anything wrong in asking,'what are the things u like?'
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by Mintayo(m): 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
LoveAmaka88: Can you afford it?
Do you want to impress this person?
Will the person appreciate it?
Are there other things you need to be concerned about like saving or making a large purchase like a house?

good questions.
Re: Is This Right? Must You? by quivah(f): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
Mintayo:
i get you,you have made a solid point.
Summary.
Hey,guy,if you can't buy stuffs for your lady during courtship,then dnt ask for sex either,right?

Now i always believe that there are other ways you can show love,affection to your partner apart from buying stuffs(and i am nt thinking of sex either).
What is ur take on this? If yes, what other ways?

SMH!have heard about lotta girls who have sex with their bfs and still give out gifts to them ,why should it be a problem to guys?but still i stand on my ground,if gifts can wait till marriage sex must also wait till then..either ways tho,sex should wait till marriage, gifts or no gifts.
Now,have always believe there are other ways ti show love to your partner apart from sex...........

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Date An Albino / Tips To Make Sure Your Girl Has A Great Time When She’s In Bed With You. / I Love Older Women...Young Girls Back Off! You Are Full Of BS!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.